Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Is there any MMO worth starting? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there any MMO worth starting?  (Read 67654 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 05, 2017, 07:26:17 AM

Its desperation, they need money NOW and any people they convince to pony up now matter more than the ones you turn off forever.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #71 on: March 05, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

Yeah, but it's free.

Maybe they're trying to generate metrics that there's enough interest in it so that they can win investors, but it's not the usual "bleed the rubes" we've become accustomed to.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 09:22:59 AM

I've tried to play a few times but I find it very cumbersome.  I don't last more than a few minutes.  I think I just don't have enough patience anymore.  They are good, though, at keeping in touch and offering up information.  I appreciate that, especially since it's so hard for me to play.  For my MMO desires, I've gone back to ESO.  I still think they do every aspect of the game very well, from pricing to gameplay. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 05, 2017, 11:29:48 AM

Guild Wars 2 scratches my MMO itch when I feel like it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 05, 2017, 12:16:03 PM

Or just allow people to scale up or down at will, like City of Heroes.

I would play this again, if I could.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 05, 2017, 12:19:56 PM

Guild Wars 2 scratches my MMO itch when I feel like it.

Ditto, or Marvel Heroes if it even counts as an MMO.

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #76 on: March 05, 2017, 12:27:27 PM

Me, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #77 on: March 05, 2017, 01:27:43 PM

I'm playing Everquest again (dabbling).  It's sad that even as clunky as it was, it's still controls better than shit like Shards Online.  Why actually make a functional game when you can sell the idea of a game that will never exist?

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:14 PM

Thats one of my big problems with "early access." There is more money in NOT finishing a game and just floating a concept, than finishing a game and selling nothing.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #79 on: March 06, 2017, 03:48:47 AM

I'm playing Everquest again (dabbling).  It's sad that even as clunky as it was, it's still controls better than shit like Shards Online.  Why actually make a functional game when you can sell the idea of a game that will never exist?

I play Project 1999 (high-population EverQuest emulated server that doesn't go further than Velious era) with the Velious era UI installed.

It's EQ as it was in 2001. I've only made it to level 18 Enchanter in several years, but you know how much time you have to spend to get anywhere and I have no intention of doing so. Just spending a while doing stuff scratches the itch.
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #80 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:49 AM

The drought is real... if their was a FFXI CoP locked server id be their and never look at another fucken mmorpg again. I do like what i have seen from Pantheon tho but alas i have broken down and gone back to ESO...

I tend to focus mainly on Starcraft II and my never ending quest to NA Masters... fuck this genre.

Fucken, say I am huge fan of SCHUMPS, lets also say im a cool kid and i only really like vertical shooters and think the other one is fucken nubz, no new vertical shooters? fuck it i dont care, i'll go back and play my old shooters to fill that void BUT if you like old school hard mmorpgs your fucken DEAD; its at a point ill have to make a retro gaming pc because if you want to play what you liked, well... go play P1999 or fucken angmar server... FFXI? square killed that shit so other than time locked or emulated EQ, got no damn choice.  Why on earth is this genre even still alive is beyond me, when you only offer one kind of ruleset or playstyle... people will get fucken bored of this TRASH.

New cool AAA shooter sucks and has loot boxes? well fuck it, back to C:S... were you go if your into mmorpgs?

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 31, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 31, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

grunk says: "All the MMOGs are the same and are shit - what else is on offer? Nothing? Fuck it."
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 02:43:06 PM

The drought is real... if their was a FFXI CoP locked server id be their and never look at another fucken mmorpg again. I do like what i have seen from Pantheon tho but alas i have broken down and gone back to ESO...

I tend to focus mainly on Starcraft II and my never ending quest to NA Masters... fuck this genre.

Fucken, say I am huge fan of SCHUMPS, lets also say im a cool kid and i only really like vertical shooters and think the other one is fucken nubz, no new vertical shooters? fuck it i dont care, i'll go back and play my old shooters to fill that void BUT if you like old school hard mmorpgs your fucken DEAD; its at a point ill have to make a retro gaming pc because if you want to play what you liked, well... go play P1999 or fucken angmar server... FFXI? square killed that shit so other than time locked or emulated EQ, got no damn choice.  Why on earth is this genre even still alive is beyond me, when you only offer one kind of ruleset or playstyle... people will get fucken bored of this TRASH.

New cool AAA shooter sucks and has loot boxes? well fuck it, back to C:S... were you go if your into mmorpgs?

Edgy as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHsCyEmnec
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #84 on: June 17, 2019, 07:47:56 AM

FFXIV IS TEH UBAH
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Is there any MMO worth starting?  
Jump to: