Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY FOUR - More Bowl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - DAY FOUR - More Bowl  (Read 28254 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 14, 2015, 10:36:12 AM

Onward!

Play your preantepenultimate group stage games by 24th April.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:38:49 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:05:33 AM

Jaded Jasper: I'm available to play most weeknights after 8 pm Pacific Time (UTC-7), and almost any time this Saturday, April 18. I'm balut76 on Steam.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:12:14 PM

RK what timezone are you? If it's US then I am afraid I am going to have to forfeit as I only have realistically Wednesday and Thursday to play within the deadline.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:00 PM

Jaded Jasper: I'm available to play most weeknights after 8 pm Pacific Time (UTC-7), and almost any time this Saturday, April 18. I'm balut76 on Steam.

I'm PST too, but get back late most days.  What about 11pm Wednesday or Thursday?  Might be able to make 10pm too, but that's a bit tight.

Saturday and Sunday are also pretty flexible, if those don't work.
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 04:38:43 PM

I'm PST too, but get back late most days.  What about 11pm Wednesday or Thursday?  Might be able to make 10pm too, but that's a bit tight.

How about 11pm Thursday?
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 05:33:37 PM

Lamaros, this could get tricky. I'm -5 UTC. How are you looking for the weekend?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:58:03 PM

RK what timezone are you? If it's US then I am afraid I am going to have to forfeit as I only have realistically Wednesday and Thursday to play within the deadline.

GMT+8

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:30 PM

The dorfs are itching for a tussle, mr. avaia -- when are you available? I'm UTC+2; on weekdays I can make myself available between 7pm-11pm, and *maybe* 6am-8am (iffy). Saturday is a big questionmark right now (plans depend on the weather), but I should be able to schedule a 2-hour block anytime between 6am and midnight on Sunday.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:01:40 AM

How about 11pm Thursday?

Perfect, see you then!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 01:35:24 AM

GMT+8

OK unless you can play a match starting at 3-4am your time (unrealistic, I know I wouldn't) then I am going to have to forfeit this weeks match I am afraid.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 12:28:00 PM

Eld: this might be the hardest week of the season for me to fit a game in with an overseas person; I'm busy both days this weekend (already have the one Blood Bowl opening scheduled for another league) and I'm going to be at RSA all next week which means even on nights with no practice the number of hours I have available are going to be short because I have to be up so early to get up to the city. I could do like, tonight or tomorrow at midnight my time? Which I think is something like 7 am for you.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:12 PM

Strangely enough my dwarves were able to get a 2-0 win over IainC's Khorne mostly due to almost hilariously bad (dice) luck on IainC's part.
I did expect the tide to turn in the second half since all the KO'd players were back on the field (so down just 1 injured on Khorne's side) but the dice still favored me when it mattered so much so that I started to take some foolish risks but even then the dice were so much against Iain that I didn't manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:42:41 PM by satael »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

Ingmar, I'm out of town till tomorrow evening, when you say midnight tomorrow, do you mean Thursday night / Friday morning?  if so, what's your timezone again? Seem to remember you bring 8 hours behind UK, in which case can do that time but would need to start on the dot to get to work afterward. If 7 hours, would be easier.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 01:31:46 PM

Fuck this game, seriously. Satael kicked to me and put the ball at the back of my half. I went to get it with a Bloodletter and started to make room for a cage in the middle. By the time the Bloodletter got the ball up to the middle of the pitch however, there weren't enough Chaos players left standing up to make any kind of cage. By about turn 3 or 4, I had one injury and 5 KOs. The Dwarves took the ball after a bit of a scramble and walked it down the pitch to score just before the half-time whistle.

For the second half I tried to contain the Dwarves but found myself out-punched and unable to make any kind of dent. I did get my bloodthirster onto the ball carrier but some pushes moved him clear again. My Herald was waiting to run deep defence and the Dwarf runner made an unsupported charge for the line but three consecutive defensive blitzes ended with turnovers due to a critical failure on a basic dodge (four if you count the reroll I burnt on the first of them). After that, Satael did some mopping up and scored again with a couple of turns to spare. Ultimately I was never going to come back from a very harsh series of armour and injury dice in the first half and a complete inability to do anything to the Dwarf team in the second.

2-0 to the Dwarfs and 2-0 in levelups to the Dwarfs too. I get one MNG with a -1 ag who will probably be fired, no other serious injuries for either team.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Ingmar, I'm out of town till tomorrow evening, when you say midnight tomorrow, do you mean Thursday night / Friday morning?  if so, what's your timezone again? Seem to remember you bring 8 hours behind UK, in which case can do that time but would need to start on the dot to get to work afterward. If 7 hours, would be easier.

Yeah, my Thursday, your Friday. I'm -7 UTC right now because of Daylight Savings I think.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 03:38:41 PM

Yeah, my Thursday, your Friday. I'm -7 UTC right now because of Daylight Savings I think.

Should be OK.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 03:40:54 PM

OK, will look for you tonight.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 01:18:50 AM

Skyjackers 2 - Star Spawn 1

The Star Spawn chose to receive, but the elves were able to squeeze through cracks in the Nurgle cage a couple of times, scurrying the ball downfield to where their speed allowed a player advantage.  There wasn't enough time on the clock for Spawn to equalize, so the Skyjackers came out of halftime up 1-0 and receiving.

The elves aimed for a patient play rather than their more usual quick score, trying to get all that Disturbing Presence out of position for a safe pass.  Which went alright at first, but then a string of KO's left them in a precarious position, forcing a desperate 5+ pass to a player who first moved out of DT range.  But Ming made the clutch pass, sealing the game.  The Star Spawn then ran in their TD on the last turn, plowing through the Elf Defense with a combination of injuries/KOs and Elves fumbling after their rerolls ran out.

Both teams had 2 players level up, and the Skyjackers had one dead Line-elf and one MNG.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:40 AM

Vampires escape with a tie 1-1 in a very bloody game. We were both down to 7 guys on the field at the end. The highlight was probably the humans' Ogre being killed by a thrown rock on the meaningless end-of-first-half one turn left kickoff.  why so serious? A thrall was also killed.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:57 AM

Brains - 1
Validity - 1

Dead Ogres and Thralls all over the place, Nuffle tempted me with a breakaway defensive TD, but overlooked some crazy Hypnotic Gaze shit and Ingmar reeled me in.

Fun match.

balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 09:56:37 AM

Skyjackers 2 - Star Spawn 1

The Star Spawn chose to receive, but the elves were able to squeeze through cracks in the Nurgle cage a couple of times, scurrying the ball downfield to where their speed allowed a player advantage.  There wasn't enough time on the clock for Spawn to equalize, so the Skyjackers came out of halftime up 1-0 and receiving.

The elves aimed for a patient play rather than their more usual quick score, trying to get all that Disturbing Presence out of position for a safe pass.  Which went alright at first, but then a string of KO's left them in a precarious position, forcing a desperate 5+ pass to a player who first moved out of DT range.  But Ming made the clutch pass, sealing the game.  The Star Spawn then ran in their TD on the last turn, plowing through the Elf Defense with a combination of injuries/KOs and Elves fumbling after their rerolls ran out.

Both teams had 2 players level up, and the Skyjackers had one dead Line-elf and one MNG.

Fun game. Jasper used his handful of guys with really Block well, and managed to tie up my Warriors more often than not. I was optimistic about playing for a tie early on now that I have 2 Pestigors, but halfway through the first half, he managed to MNG injure my Block Pestigor, Zhar, who also happened to be my ball carrier. In retaliation, one of my Warriors, Summanus, killed an elf lineman, but we didn't have the speed to prevent his first half TD.

We were both down a player at the start of the second half, and Jasper played it conservatively, keeping his Thrower, Ming the Merciless, well in his backfield, while pushing hard down one side of the field. Expecting some tricksy elf passing, I spread my Disturbing Presence wide, but he was able to isolate a couple Warriors and keep them down much of the time. I used my Beast to tie up a catcher and blitzer that were pushing down one side of the field, but only had a token Rotter to mark a catcher that was dodging through to the other side of the field. He managed to get both his Thrower and Catcher out of range of my DP fields, and crit-passed a perfect throw to get his second TD.

At this point, knowing the Nurgle lack of speed, it turned into brawl mode for the Star Spawn. A couple more injuries here, a KO there, and we managed to open up enough space for my remaining Pestigor, LLoigor, to break through for the TD on the last turn of the match.

The Beast of Nurgle is still my favorite player of the team, and it brings me great joy whenever Tentacles keeps some fleet-footed skill player from moving. Also, one of my Warriors (Nyarlathotep?) must be one ugly SOB, because he was facing 3 guys, and  Foul Appearance kicked in 3 times in a row to prevent them from Blocking him. I think he finally got knocked down on a Blitz from a 4th elf.

Anyway, it's going to get much more interesting with my guys starting to skill up.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 11:57:56 AM

Eld: BBM was being a dick last night. I will try to upload again tonight if you don't get the chance today.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

He managed to get both his Thrower and Catcher out of range of my DP fields, and crit-passed a perfect throw to get his second TD.
I think the thrower was still in the corner of one DP field.  Those things are much bigger than the graphic makes it look like!  Really I just wanted the ball downfield and was desperate enough to be ok with anything but a fumbled pass (which I think was 1/4 chance).  Good thing he'd just picked up Accurate too.

The Beast of Nurgle is still my favorite player of the team, and it brings me great joy whenever Tentacles keeps some fleet-footed skill player from moving. Also, one of my Warriors (Nyarlathotep?) must be one ugly SOB, because he was facing 3 guys, and  Foul Appearance kicked in 3 times in a row to prevent them from Blocking him. I think he finally got knocked down on a Blitz from a 4th elf.
Blitz from the 4th Elf -- using my last reroll!  One of those was a push though, not a Foul Apperance failure.

Definitely hate facing Nurgle as Pro Elves, and I'm glad you haven't leveled up yet enough to have some Block, Guard, and ball handling skills.

Fun match!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 07:35:14 PM

BBM is still being a dick.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 11:48:14 PM

Could some kind commissioner validate Skyjackers vs. Spawn?  I'm dying to know if I rolled doubles. ;-)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 12:23:29 AM

Grudge Eternal - Believe it or Not: 1-3

The dwarf team demonstrated its ineptitude in all aspects related to picking up and carrying the ball, and the Elves capitalized on this heavily by doing far kicks that the Dwarves couldn't even carry past the halfway line before time was up, and classic Elven Bullshit plays that the dwarves couldn't keep up with, even with constant GFIs. In true dwarf fashion, this problem was somewhat resolved by beating elves into pulp -- the game ended with only 5-6 elves on the pitch and 4 in the injury box (one of them dead and one of them with -1 AG, aka chopping block). One of the Dwarf blitzers also got blindsided in the first half and ended up with a fractured skull (-1 AV) that got apoth'd into MNG.

Avaia certainly deserved the win, though it's a bit of a Pyrrhic victory -- even if you outsmart and outplay the dwarves, in the end you're just adding more lines to their book of grudges.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:31:48 AM by Zetor »

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 12:25:29 AM

My elves got beat up by some dwarves, as expected.  Scoring when you only have 5 dudes at kickoff warms my heart.

Elf 3, Dwarf 1.  Zetor got some nice SPP on injuries and the TD.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 07:04:38 AM

Lamaros, this could get tricky. I'm -5 UTC. How are you looking for the weekend?

Sorry for the late reply, been away all weekend. Time zones might kill this one, as there's a 16 hour time difference. Unless you're able to play during a weekday?
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:35 PM

The Wooden Shelf 5 - 28 Teams later 0

This match didn't really look like it was going to McKnight's way from the start, with the elves electing to receive, and quickly running in a 2 turn touchdown, followed by a blitz event on the next kick off, which allowed them to quickly get into the other side of pitch, and within a few more turns had scored again.  The undead were able to get in a few injuries, but each time they picked up the ball and caged it, it was quickly pulled out of their hands.  Nuffle really had it in for them, with another kick off event injuring a ghoul, and then quite a few bad rolls.

There was an impressive interception by a zombie, which shocked the elves, but they were quickly able to get the ball back, and run to the touchline for a 5th score.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 09:47:24 PM

Sorry for the late reply, been away all weekend. Time zones might kill this one, as there's a 16 hour time difference. Unless you're able to play during a weekday?

Not much room for daytime play until the weekend. If we can get an extension till then, it might be doable.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 11:03:54 PM

Meegrrriiiiiimmmmm!!!  Where are you?  I sent you a pm but haven't gotten anything back from you.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 12:07:59 PM

Three matches left. Ideally I'd like to open the next day for this weekend.

Megrim vs Ruvaldt
CmdrSlack vs Lamaros
rk vs Ulysees

How are we doing getting these scheduled?

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 04:59:37 PM

Unless Lamaros and I can work out a weekend time, it may be tough. I'm currently working on an appeal before the US Appellate Court, 7th Circuit and can't really do shit until that's done. It's due Monday...probably needs to get to the printer tomorrow.

So this weekend could work if I can get this damn thing done. It is also a nice "brain-break" to engage in some Blood Bowl.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 12:00:44 AM

Not the end of the world if we allow the weekend - but would like to know the matches are scheduled if we do that.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 12:32:02 AM

I think Ulysses said he can't make it.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY FOUR - More Bowl  
Jump to: