Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided  (Read 18774 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: April 08, 2015, 05:54:38 AM

Reveal Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syywnSpIVok

Game Informer May Cover, Preview Video, and coverage.

Reddit Thread with translation of a leaked article and swag pics of screenshots.

The word is, apparently, that all four of the endings from Human Revolution will be considered canon. So...yeah...have fun figuring that one out and how the sequel will handle it  awesome, for real

Now we just need to pay off Michael McCann for another great OST and we're golden.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:49:51 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:42:27 AM

The word is, apparently, that all four of the endings from Human Revolution will be considered canon. So...yeah...have fun figuring that one out and how the sequel will handle it  awesome, for real

DX2 did the same thing with regards to DX1... that always bugged me.  Like, we're so scared that people will feel dis-empowered that their playthrough isn't the one true Jensen, so we've got to make this weird convoluted mess where ALL endings are canon which means that actually none of them are since there's no choice in the game which can lead to this new "everything happens" ending.

That said, the endings for Human Revolution were pretty much non-events, so it's not that big a deal.  If that's the worst thing they subject this game to, I'll be lined up day one.  I loved Human Revolution, and the team looks largely the same, so here's hoping.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:14:29 AM by Kail »
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:31:28 AM

The word is, apparently, that all four of the endings from Human Revolution will be considered canon. So...yeah...have fun figuring that one out and how the sequel will handle it  awesome, for real

I wish I could read Russian. Your source is rather confusing regarding that:

- solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution will not canonical.

"none [...] will not canonical."  headache

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:34:00 AM

I might have just pee'd a little.  This will be a definite preorder for me. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:16 AM

Yeah, since the endings made no goddamn sense in the first place and were the 2nd worst thing about the game (boss fights being the worst), I'd say the story can be whatever the fuck they want it to be.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:54 AM

Loved Human Revolution.

Already forgot the endings.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:49:29 PM

Edit to top thread to add Reveal Trailer.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:07:40 PM

Hopefully, this time he'll stick with the prod.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:39:18 PM

Yeah, since the endings made no goddamn sense in the first place and were the 2nd worst thing about the game (boss fights being the worst), I'd say the story can be whatever the fuck they want it to be.

If nothing else, I'm sure they've learned their lesson about why you shouldn't outsource boss fights now. They were fairly improved in the Director's Cut.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 03:53:29 PM

lol @ the fucking pussies making ALL of the stupid endings canon AGAIN. Jesus Christ.

So Adam blamed the illuminati, blamed Humanity First, blamed Serif, then decided to kill his boss and hundreds of innocent employees and reporters by collapsing a facility on everyone

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 04:01:51 PM

"But JC, you forgot one important facet of history. The choices Adam Jensen made that changed the world."

"Those being?"

"I... I'm not sure. I think all of them are not canonical."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 09:20:04 PM

Eliza: "...which will cause public opinion to turn against Humanity First.  This will promote human augmentation in the long run, and reduce government oversight on augmentation policies.  Press this button to initiate this outcome."

Jensen: "What if I push all four buttons at once?"

Eliza: "Press all... NOOO!  To push four buttons... SUCH A THING IS MADNESS!  MAN WAS NOT MEANT FOR SUCH POWER"

Jensen: "But I... I am MORE than a man!"  *boop x 4*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:22:26 PM by Kail »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 07:23:12 AM

It was pretty silly.  Almost as silly as Green/Red/Blue.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 07:44:31 AM

They painted themself quite into a corner lore-wise, and I don't think it will get better with Mankind Divided, this being a prequel and all. But then if everything up to the end is that good, I forgive 15 seconds that suck. Hell, Eye of the Beholder just kicked you into the dos prompt after the final fight, still enjoyed that game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 08:50:37 AM

Just watched the trailer.

I don't know why Adam Jensen is now made of knives.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 09:02:49 AM

Do Sex Ass Creed?
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:43 AM

Do Sex Ass Creed?
Is that like Shakespearean English or something?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 09:17:45 AM

It's firmly in the something camp.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 03:57:57 PM

My main issue with this game at the moment is the release date: 2016  Ohhhhh, I see.

---

The announcement trailer Luckton linked above, but in 1920x1080 resolution: I am a trailer, click me!

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 05:01:45 PM

I was pretty sure the game itself was geared towards stealth (it seemed more rewarding than guns blazing, even if the Pacifist achievement was a bit of a bitch -- you count the tutorial, assholes? Really?) so all the...knives and lethal takedowns were a bit odd from my perspective.

That said, I loved Human Revolution so...as long as the game is solid and the story isn't so much utter shit that I can't ignore it, I'm looking forward to it.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

it seemed more rewarding than guns blazing

You're not imagining things. You get more EXP from non-lethal takedowns in DXHR
Bypassing all this, shooting people to complete things quicker will gain you a Fast Completion Bonus, but will never beat a slow, stealth playthrough in terms of Ghost XP rewarded and Hacking.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 09:37:07 PM

it seemed more rewarding than guns blazing

You're not imagining things. You get more EXP from non-lethal takedowns in DXHR
Bypassing all this, shooting people to complete things quicker will gain you a Fast Completion Bonus, but will never beat a slow, stealth playthrough in terms of Ghost XP rewarded and Hacking.

Extremely so.

Shooting someone = 10 XP (Man Down)

Non-lethal takedown = 50 XP (10 XP Man Down + 20 XP Merciful Soul + 20 Expedient)

A takedown from behind, before the enemy saw you, doesn't count against 'Ghost' achievement, so it's possible have your cake and eat it: Get the XP from taking out every enemy (+50 XP each) and the Ghost + Smooth Operator (+750 XP) bonuses for never being spotted. Too good to pass up.*

Hacking a PC/Door/Terminal gives XP, using the password not. So best to always hack them, even if you the password is known.

*Only exception were the Belltower cunts that wiped out an entire hotel. They died in a hail of fire.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:49:59 PM by calapine »

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 06:43:09 AM

I was pretty sure the game itself was geared towards stealth (it seemed more rewarding than guns blazing, even if the Pacifist achievement was a bit of a bitch -- you count the tutorial, assholes? Really?) so all the...knives and lethal takedowns were a bit odd from my perspective.

That said, I loved Human Revolution so...as long as the game is solid and the story isn't so much utter shit that I can't ignore it, I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, the hardest part in Human Revolution was the capsule hotel. I just wanted to murder every fuckface in that building.
 Pacifism is sometimes overrated.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

Saving Faridah is also a "I'm killing every last one of you bastards" moment.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 02:37:17 PM

Saving Faridah is also a "I'm killing every last one of you bastards" moment.
I managed it non-lethal. Took me three tries, though. First two times I lost an already downed enemy to an exploding mech.

Pretty sure it would be easier lethal.

Still, stealth is rewarding in other ways. Even in the first real mission (that hostage scenario that's still part tutorial), crouching on the rafters and seeing everyone laid out from tranq darts, all having fallen so the others didn't notice them -- it's pretty nice. :) Let's drop YOU behind that desk. *headshot*. And you around that corner. *headshot*.....
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 09:13:05 PM

There doesn't seem to be any women in this game at all.  I thought I saw one female-ish looking person but she was probably a man. 

Why do people who make games hate women?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 09:35:51 PM

Because women won't allow society to make games where a bunch of women get killed.

Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots lets you take pictures of girls before uh, well, I'm not sure what happens to them. They die? Maybe?

Anyway, that's a terrible question and you should feel bad for asking it, even in jest.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 09:47:44 PM

What a shame.
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

This is truly a conversation that can only go directly down the toilet.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

There doesn't seem to be any women in this game at all.  I thought I saw one female-ish looking person but she was probably a man. 

Women as enemies creates the whole "promotes violence against women" issue.  I'm sure there will be female NPCs, but you don't show that in the trailer (cut to Jensen gunning down terrorists with a machine gun, cut to terrorist bomb going off, cut to Jensen doing backflips while his arms transform in to knives, cut to scene where Jensen tries to negotiate with a shopkeeper for a 10% discount on candy bars).  I do miss the character customization, limited though it was, from the older Deus Ex games, though.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 11, 2015, 08:36:40 AM

Mass Effect (well, Bioware in general) handled it pretty well. I'd have preferred if Deus Ex had had a male/female Jenson character. I realize it gets a bit old with everyone calling you by title or last name, and there are some issues that have to be handled because some things will be different between male and female characters, and there's the expensive of a separate voice artist for each sex...

Still, it works pretty well. Hell, half the time you're just "Jenson" in Deus Ex anyways.

I get wanting to tell a story around a specific, defined protagonist. Telling a story where the main character can either be male or female is not the normal mode for writers.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

Oh, FFS, men are so bloody sensitive.  You all deserve a slap.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 12:12:33 PM

Why do you promote violence against men? 3RD WAVE!!!!!  why so serious?

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 12:19:37 PM

Mass Effect dabbled in sexism, ya? That is, showing how the male / female experience differs and what women have to deal with that men don't. The impact of gender is often ignored in games where sex can be selected.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:22:32 PM by Maven »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 12:31:24 PM

Why are we having this conversation?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided  
Jump to: