Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY THREE - Chocolate Covered Balls 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - DAY THREE - Chocolate Covered Balls  (Read 27480 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 01, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

To allow for holidays I'm going to set a deadline of Sunday 12th April.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:02:00 PM

Iain, what's the state of your computer access?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:18 PM

Not sure at the moment. I may be able to borrow a Windows laptop if my PC isn't going to be delivered imminently, but I won't know if that's possible until I get home from Kiev on Saturday evening.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:06:16 PM

Heya Jasper. Easter weekend is a long one but also a busy one. I'm in Australia, so not sure which way the timezones go on this one.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:52:10 PM

Ulysees, how does the weekend look for you?  I work from home so I can be somewhat flexible as well.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 05:55:24 PM

Heya Jasper. Easter weekend is a long one but also a busy one. I'm in Australia, so not sure which way the timezones go on this one.
I'm UTC -7, but generally have flexible hours.  Might be able to catch the match early, before the weekend?  Say early evening for you, late late night for me?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 07:44:12 PM

balut what is your steam name

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:28:59 PM

I'm UTC -7, but generally have flexible hours.  Might be able to catch the match early, before the weekend?  Say early evening for you, late late night for me?

So, 6 hours ahead a day behind. Best days for me are probably tonight (midnight probs too late?) or my sunday or monday, your sat/sunday.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 01:47:03 AM

Ulysees, how does the weekend look for you?  I work from home so I can be somewhat flexible as well.

Saturday night or Sunday night 8pm BST (GMT+1) are my best windows though it's a bank holiday weekend so could also do Friday and Monday during the day if that works out easier for you.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:10 AM

I'm UTC -7, but generally have flexible hours.  Might be able to catch the match early, before the weekend?  Say early evening for you, late late night for me?

So, 6 hours ahead a day behind. Best days for me are probably tonight (midnight probs too late?) or my sunday or monday, your sat/sunday.
So UTC +11 then?  Midnight (UTC-7) might actually be a bit early for me; how about 1am (UTC-7), so 7pm (UTC+11)?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:47:44 PM by Jasper »
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:36:52 AM

balut what is your steam name
balut76 on Steam.

I'm Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7). Weeknights after 10pm are good, and I'm pretty flexible on Saturdays and Sundays. This Sunday is probably out, though, because of Easter.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:44:25 AM

just find me online , i'll be home most of the time.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

CmdrSlack, wassup!

I'm CEST (+2), so arranging a match may get tricky. Weekdays I'm available between 17:00 and 21:00 (UTC). On the weekend I can be a bit more flexible -- I can make a ~2-hour timeslot free anywhere between 5:00 UTC and 21:00 UTC. Easter Sunday is probably out, but Easter Monday is a holiday over here, so I can make myself available at any time, food coma permitting.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:08:32 PM by Zetor »

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 02:32:40 PM

CmdrSlack, wassup!

I'm CEST (+2), so arranging a match may get tricky. Weekdays I'm available between 17:00 and 21:00 (UTC). On the weekend I can be a bit more flexible -- I can make a ~2-hour timeslot free anywhere between 5:00 UTC and 21:00 UTC. Easter Sunday is probably out, but Easter Monday is a holiday over here, so I can make myself available at any time, food coma permitting.

Looks like we may have to shoot for the weekend. I am on vacation, but my body needs to stay on mostly regular sleeping hours.

5:00 UTC is midnight my time, so perhaps Saturday morning is a good plan. We could shoot for a late morning time on UTC time...that puts me up pretty early, but I don't really sleep in. I also suck at time zone math, so please let me know if I just totally failed the concept.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 10:21:42 PM

Sounds like a plan! I'll make sure I'm available at that time. I'm Zetor on steam (in f13 group), btw.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 08:46:17 AM

Looks like last night didn't pan out.  I was pretty damn beat anyway, so I don't mind.

How about Saturday midnight (PST), i.e. 16 hours from now?  Which I think should be Sunday 6pm for you?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 12:02:53 PM

You're off by a day it looks like to me.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 03:06:10 PM

Looks like last night didn't pan out.  I was pretty damn beat anyway, so I don't mind.

How about Saturday midnight (PST), i.e. 16 hours from now?  Which I think should be Sunday 6pm for you?

I'm afraid that won't work :( I'll be out all Sunday now. Maybe Monday for me?
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 04:18:23 PM

Sure, that's fine.  Sunday midnight for me, Monday 6pm for you?
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 11:51:11 PM

rk47 and I had our match:

Was a pretty slow slugfest of a match, with Doujin and Dragons KO'ing several of my guys, and my guys injuring his Amazons in turn. I made an early break for the goal with my Pestigor, Zhar, who was quickly run down, but rk47 made an unfortunate decision to hand off in range of 3 Disturbing Presences, and my Beast and Nurgle Warriors were strong enough to eventually break the defense up enough for Zhar to pick the ball back up and score a TD on my last turn of the first half.

D&D exploited my team's lack of speed in the second half, forcing an opening down a sideline and running straight down. I had one shot to stop him, requiring a Nurgle Warrior to knock down an Amazon catcher, creating an opening for my Pestigor to dodge away from a Blitzer and in turn blitzing his ballcarrier. The Nurgle Warrior did his part, but Zhar the Pestigor failed to dodge away, then critical failed the reroll. D&D decided to go for the draw, and with 3 turns left and no chance for my players to catch up, it turned into a straight-up brawl in the center of the field.

On the last turn, rk47 decided to go for the SPPs and got the draw score by passing the ball into the endzone. I tried to get a Nurgle Warrior or two into Disturbing Presence range in time, but the first one failed his GFI, and that was that.

My personal MVP was the Beast of Nurgle, Yog-Sothoth, who once again proved his worth by routinely tying up 2-3 players with Tentacles. Seriously, Tentacles triggered a good 5 or so times this match, although Foul Appearance never triggered.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 07:59:22 AM

Grudge Eternal vs Punk's Not Dead: 1-0

CmdrSlack and I played... something that looked like a game on the surface, but actually it was an elaborate ritual to appease Nuffle (currently in his Easter Bunny aspect, giving out suspiciously skull-shaped eggs to all), which is I assume all bash vs bash games in rain look like. The end result was an absolutely brutal grind that almost destroyed the entire Undead pitch (a mummy included) thanks to a lot of lucky block dice. The Undead tried to give it their best, but the dwarves just wouldn't go down (they were probably still pissed about that one match against the lizards).

Some random moments:
  • a few turns where a mummy was the ball carrier of the Undead team thanks to a series of failed pickups
  • saving a reroll for a single tile of GFI with my runner to the endzone, only to roll 1 both on the GFI and the reroll... on turn 8
  • double skulls followed by a reroll to another set of double skulls!
  • a wight mangling himself on a GFI

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:04:55 AM by Zetor »

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 08:02:52 AM

Fuck a bunch of rain. What makes it worse is that I got 0 SPP this match. I think my MVP didn't get enough to level up, so it just means that I have loads of guys ready to level. Just none leveled yet.

The end of the match was literally 11 v 3 and then 11 v 2.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 02:07:46 PM

Excuse me sir, will you sign our petition?  It's called "We Hates Dwarves"; here, let me give you a brochure.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 07:31:21 PM

Sure, that's fine.  Sunday midnight for me, Monday 6pm for you?

Gah that's not gong to work, its just been arranged for a family birthday celebration.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 08:10:15 PM

How about the same time later in the week?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 11:41:40 PM

My Thursday your Wednesday?
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 04:32:58 AM

Let's aim for your Wednesday. 6pm for you, midnight for me.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:06 AM

Let's aim for your Wednesday. 6pm for you, midnight for me.

K.
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 07:47:03 PM

Ramas, I don't think I've seen a post from you in this thread? What time suits you to get our game in?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 01:20:48 AM

Avaia we didn't catch each other over this weekend which might well make things more difficult now to play within the deadline - are there any days this week you can be free around 8pm GMT+1?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 04:22:48 AM

Ramas, I don't think I've seen a post from you in this thread? What time suits you to get our game in?

Ramas is Eldaec on the forums.

Ingmar, I have obtained a windows laptop and am installing Steam on it as we speak. What times are good for you? I can do pretty much any time you like except my Thursday evening.

mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 05:42:51 AM

Ah, cheers Iain.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 06:34:44 AM

I'm in UK time, my evenings tomorrow/Friday would be perfect, or daytime Saturday is good too.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 11:07:48 AM

Ramas is Eldaec on the forums.

Ingmar, I have obtained a windows laptop and am installing Steam on it as we speak. What times are good for you? I can do pretty much any time you like except my Thursday evening.

I think I'm free all day Saturday, unless I'm forgetting about something. Thurs/Fri night are booked already.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 02:48:29 PM

Saturday works for me. Pick a time. I'm CET so 9 hours ahead of you.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY THREE - Chocolate Covered Balls  
Jump to: