Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: April Fools 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: April Fools 2015  (Read 14435 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:40 PM

Yum!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 08:33:29 PM

https://www.caskers.com/shotclocktm-by-whiskeylife/

Would unironically buy except for the bulleit

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 08:51:51 PM

Toothpaste.

Toothpaste and OJ would have been better.   awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 08:52:39 PM

Toothpaste.

Toothpaste and OJ would have been better.   awesome, for real
it was a "menthol is disgusting" joke more than a disgusting For Real joke.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 10:10:36 PM

What's your business?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 10:15:41 PM

Wah?  Bulleit is quite tasty!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 10:42:14 PM

Wah?  Bulleit is quite tasty!

Yeah, I've come to enjoy Bulleit as my go-to bourbon. The connoisseurs have problems with it, but I like it.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #42 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:55 AM

my favorite hentai site was closed down by FBI today. for 5 seconds before some wrestler appeared and taunted me on screen.
I feel much happier now.  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:25 AM

While not technically an April Fool, the Urban Mech video for MechWarrior that came out today was hilarious.

UrbanMech: Death Blossom This one?   wink

The quotes are better than the footage.  I'm surprised you people are old enough to get the reference. 

More old folks here than you know !  Surprised you're surprised.

And Yes, that was the video.  It made me laugh anyway.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 03:48:20 AM

Jeremy Clarkson joins The Guardian's campaign for climate change and tolerance

“Top Gear was a wild ride for an ordinary bloke like me,” said Clarkson, speaking to the Guardian at a pub near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. “But there comes a time when a man’s got to ask himself what he really stands for. And for me, that’s sustainable energy, traffic calming and an end to xenophobia and prejudice.”

[...]

Penguin Books, which has long published Clarkson’s bestselling series of opinionated works including The World According to Clarkson, For Crying Out Loud and Driven to Distraction, said next year it planned to publish a new instalment, provisionally entitled Here Are Some Thoughts That I Had, focusing primarily on Clarkson’s new-found sympathy for environmental issues, interfaith dialogue and intersectional feminism.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 10:08:49 AM

What's your business?
nicotine addiction
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

What's your business?
nicotine addiction

.. and business is good. cool
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 12:58:20 PM

Down with Big Tobacco! Up with New Tobacco!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 01:54:33 PM

Path of Exile changed all of their reactive skills like Cast on Crit, Cast When Damage Taken, etc. why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 07:05:36 PM

Wah?  Bulleit is quite tasty!
Bulleit is literally mass-produced bourbon made by a mega distillery here in Indiana basically just poured into a different bottle.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

Now, the mega-distillery makes legit good stuff, but you're paying even more of a premium for what is a fancy bottle.

My preferred poison:

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:09 AM

*puts bulleit down for being mass produced in a factory*

*immediatly references the most factory mass produced whisky in the world as his prefered drink*

*is Fabricated*

awesome, for real

I have no problem with it coming from a factory and not small batch artisanal or what ever.  As the article mentioned, they distill a ton of different recipes for different companies, and only some rebottle their basic stuff.  Bulleit has its own distinct mash bill, and I'm quite fond of it over others (though not my favorite).  So I'm paying for the flavor, not just a bottle.

This practice is fairly common in craft brewing as well.  Many of the larger craft brewers with their own bottling line and excess production capacity will actually brew and bottle the beer of smaller companies for them (called contract brewing). They just send along the recipie (and a check).  Doesn't bug me at all as long as the end product is good.

As for Black label.... I've always felt both red and black label were ass.  I mean I can sip it, but only if somebody bought it for me.  I'm at the point where the only scotches I can really stand drinking are in the $80-100 a bottle range or above.  Below that threshold, I almost always prefer sipping good bourbon instead.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:26:06 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 11:53:28 AM

It's not so much the "mass produced" thing so much as the "This is our artisanal bespoke bourbon!" thing when it in fact basically just bought from a mega-distillery.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 01:41:24 PM

Apparently there is an emerging market for artisanal bottles.  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 02:13:54 PM

I should look into outsourcing my artisanal sourdough bread to Indiana.  Save me all sorts of time.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:46 PM

It's not so much the "mass produced" thing so much as the "This is our artisanal bespoke bourbon!" thing when it in fact basically just bought from a mega-distillery.
Eh, I only care about flavor, I couldn't care less about what ever BS story they came up with to sell it (though the fact companies are allowed to lie so much is pretty fucking stupid and shouldn't be allowed).  However, I really don't know anybody who thinks Bulleit is a small artisanal bourbon.  It's pretty much the standard bourbon in most bars now, and has a large amount of advertising money obviously put behind it.  It's god damn everywhere.  People (hipsters) who cared about only drinking small batch artisinal alcohol abandoned Bulleit loooong ago (and moved into several of those other Bourbons mentioned in the article.   awesome, for real).

-Stephen Colbert
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:01 PM

Wah?  Bulleit is quite tasty!
Bulleit is literally mass-produced bourbon made by a mega distillery here in Indiana basically just poured into a different bottle.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

Now, the mega-distillery makes legit good stuff, but you're paying even more of a premium for what is a fancy bottle.

My preferred poison:

Bulleit Rye is made in Indiana, bourbon is Ky. I won't deny the bourbon is mass produced, though. Won't stop me from enjoying it.

My wife and I got cocktails recently; hers was Makers and mine was Bulleit. Makers just tastes watery to me now. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #56 on: April 03, 2015, 03:14:53 PM

A lot of microbrews use large factory operations to brew their beer for them, too.  Brooklyn Brewery did that for a while before getting their own space, for instance.

Last year, one of my coworkers brought in mint Oreos and replaced some of the icing with tootphaste.  We don't talk as much as we used to. 
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #57 on: April 03, 2015, 03:28:02 PM

Maker's Mark used to be pretty good, but wound up in a different trap of the same kind, where they wound up literally watering down their own product in order to stretch it enough to meet demand (making it up with pure grain alcohol to reach the same proof level).

But I'm not much of a booze connoisseur, I prefer fru-fru chick drinks like a Cosmopolitan. All distilled liquor tastes like a mixture of ass and paint thinner, and I'd rather skip the ass (which is generally a result of the 'aging') then cover the paint thinner with sweetness.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #58 on: April 03, 2015, 08:35:58 PM

I disagree with what you said.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 04, 2015, 04:19:51 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your testicles.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #60 on: April 04, 2015, 09:17:51 AM

All distilled liquor tastes like a mixture of ass and paint thinner, and I'd rather skip the ass (which is generally a result of the 'aging') then cover the paint thinner with sweetness.

--Dave

I'm pretty sure most distilled liquor tastes like liquid ear wax.  I've tested this.  Having said that, Gin is GREAT for toothaches.  Just remember to spit it out after you swish it around. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 07:55:23 AM

I realize that I'm late to the game, but this made me laugh harder than it should.

My favorite April Fool's prank so far.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 10:20:39 AM

Is that a prank?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:25 AM

I assume it was a prank on whomever's phone number they used.   awesome, for real

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:31 AM

Absolutley. It's the modern version of signing people up for a few hundred magazine subscriptions with "bill me later"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 11:36:25 AM

I assume it was a prank on whomever's phone number they used.   awesome, for real

That's what I assumed.  Imagine an inbox full of Chewy sounds...

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: April 08, 2015, 01:16:54 PM

That's what I assumed.  Imagine an inbox full of Chewy sounds...

Every time I think about it I laugh.

'Hi, this is <insert name here> Rwweeoooooooooarnnnghhhh!'

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: April Fools 2015  
Jump to: