Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:09:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: new year, new season? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new year, new season?  (Read 26880 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

on: January 27, 2015, 04:19:19 PM

Is it too soon, are we waiting for Blood Bowl 2, is this just 'the end'?

I'm keen to go around again, but I'm away for 5 weeks in the middle of the year so will have to sit out unless we start soon or wait until July to start.

Thoughts?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:53 PM

I'm always up for Blood Bowl, and as long as we have people to play I don't think there should ever be an end.

Is there any firm release date for Blood Bowl 2?  We may just want to do another season of the current release.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:12:21 PM

I think it's a bit early.  The fewer amount of people we had sign up this last season, coupled with how long it ended up taking to finish, seems to indicate a lack of enthusiasm.  Think we may need a bit of a breather, imo,  I probably won't be jumping in again for a good long while at least.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

I would be happy to join but as Teleku said there might be some difficulties finding a good number of people to play so soon after last season.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:13 AM

Its been almost two months for most, and the season wouldn't start for another month at least going on past timing
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 12:16:18 AM

Always ready to blood bowl.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 07:47:17 PM

YES I ACCEPT
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 05:30:29 AM

Well that's 5 definite players, so we already have a quorum.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 10:17:16 AM

So here's my thing. Normally I'd be looking to start a new season about now but my situation is a bit fucked right now. I have to sell all of my shit and move in with my girlfriend where I shall be limited to using my MacBook for the foreseeable future. There's no Mac client for Bloodbowl and my laptop doesn't run Windows. So, until I get a job and move in to a new place of my own I can't really do much BB related stuff. I may be able to borrow a Windows laptop temporarily from time to time but that's not something I want to rely on.

If someone else wants to run a BB league then go for it. Otherwise I'll run one later.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 01:12:08 PM

I'd like to play again, but it's just not in the cards right now, what with two jobs, two kids, wife working, etc. etc.

I'm hoping to change to the situation soon with a possible promotion at one job so I can drop the other, but until then.

Maybe BB2 will be out by then.  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:38:18 AM

I'll make a sign up thread if nobody else does in the next couple of days.

If it is really just 5 people it'll just be double round Robin between us, but suspect we'll get a few more.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 10:31:06 PM

I'm up for that, but I can only play end of February since I'll be out of the country.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 12:27:57 PM

Made a sign up thread - post in that thread.

If we have fewer players who have all played before, we'll have to rejig the format, might just be a single division round robin.

Discussion of TV or other rules changes welcome.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 05:11:12 PM

What's the TV of everyone now? I'd probably have to start a new team, though now I'm working normal timezones, I'd be out of sync with most everyone else anyway. How many days/nights is a round going to be for?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 09:44:55 PM

my knights played in another league so yeah i gotta start from scratch again

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:59 AM

What's the TV of everyone now? I'd probably have to start a new team, though now I'm working normal timezones, I'd be out of sync with most everyone else anyway. How many days/nights is a round going to be for?

The TV range has been fairly consistently 1000 to 2000 for several seasons. Will depend on what people sign up with, I think lamaros's champions finished the season with a fighting weight around 1600. But every season sees very strong performances from all TVs. I don't think the spread has changed much since you last played.

Each round will be 9 days. We can be for flexible for overruns when a match is at least scheduled.

General rule for teams will be...
- Brand new teams are fine, obviously.
- Teams whose last game was in the f13 main league are always welcome.
- Teams developed in other f13 leagues will probably be subject to a limit on TV. In the past that limit has been 1400, discuss here if you think this limit should change or be scrapped.
- New players who want to bring a particular team but have played a couple of matches in a non-f13 league will get a pass. I'm going to pull a number out of my ass and say up to 3 matches is fine. I'm OK with it if anyone wants to use this to create a team now and get a couple of practice matches in the public leagues, but in this case you really should consider stalking people here for f13 feeder league games instead.

There is also a convention that champion teams do not defend the title, but I wouldn't call it a rule.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:46:51 AM by eldaec »

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 09:38:47 AM

Reinstalling BB right now. Is just Chaos edition sufficient? That should in theory also give me all of Legendary, right?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:24 AM

Reinstalling BB right now. Is just Chaos edition sufficient? That should in theory also give me all of Legendary, right?

Each edition also includes the content from previous editions so if you have Chaos Edition, that will give you everything to date.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 12:40:15 PM

Now to start applying some of the stuff I've learned reading this subforum to a campaign.

Also, if anyone wants to play my team in feeder, please to let me know...I'd like to see if I can suck less against live opponents now.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:30 AM

Now to start applying some of the stuff I've learned reading this subforum to a campaign.

Also, if anyone wants to play my team in feeder, please to let me know...I'd like to see if I can suck less against live opponents now.

I'm generally available for friendlies in the open league. Ping me on Steam if you fancy a game.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 01:55:59 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to a season where we all started fresh to give the fresh meat a less horrible introduction.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 12:15:40 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to a season where we all started fresh to give the fresh meat a less horrible introduction.

As much as I'd like to continue with my last season's team I'd be fine with all starting fresh teams for this season if majority is for it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 02:30:10 PM

Yeah I'm cool either way. I thought the tradition was for the side to defend? But happy to go back to the beginning if all others are.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:04 PM

I think the only side that defended the championship was Andydavo's.  Eldaec, Ulysees and I have kept our champions out for a season or more since Season 6.  As for everyone starting new teams, it wouldn't bother me.  Especially if it meant people felt more welcome to the league.  I'm really not sure what I want to play anyway.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:32 PM

Ah cool, must have just been dark elf trauma.

I'm always keen to try a new side, I'm down for new teams.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:38 AM

I was thinking I'd wait till Blood Bowl II came out, as I'd be playing half forgotten rules and a bad interface. When's that coming out?

If it's all new teams, I'll be in .

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 02:37:18 AM

If we go new teams then I think they should be genuince new teams - IE no feeder league boosts cos I faced a few of those down the seasons that got 2 incredible players the rest being vanilla and that would still put genuine newbies who may be a bit shy or whatever off. I am happy to go the new team route.

Otherwise since we now have such a wide TV spread across the league I don't see the point in imposing a TV limit on teams that have played exclusively f13 matches, either in one of the side leagues or feeder leagues, since all those teams have gained that TV by playing against us anyway. The only rule I would make for those "new" teams is that they start with 0 gold (same for returning teams actually, I know some people sighed a breath of relief when they didn't have to face the lizards this time round, or Ruvaldts Chaos team, but I also think a re-entry, especially on a developed team should have somewhat a handicap and no starting funds seems reasonable to me).

But regardless of what's decided I'll be playing again this season.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 08:27:25 AM

So, people have talked about new teams, I'm reading the posts that say 'I wouldn't mind doing this' as 'I'd like to do that'.

My own view is that blood bowl is at its best when your season has people at all sorts of TV and when the teams have played enough matches to have a story behind them. Also the TV isn't the big deal people make it out to be, our winners have conspicuously not been bloated 2000+ juggernauts, they've typically been experienced coaches with teams they've played enough of to understand. The real imbalance is going to be that some people here have 200+ matches behind them as coaches in f13 matches alone. But at the same time, doing something different for a season is ok with me if that is what the people want, and I understand why we'd want to do it help newer players feel more comfortable.

However, if we're are going this route we really need to make an effort to find some newer players. Even if that just means more posting in the Blood Bowl main forum thread.

So, my proposal....

One time only, 10th season 1000TV league.

ALSO

Experienced players are requested to play a race you don't have experience with

Clearly we are not going to be checking match logs, or rejecting teams on the basis that someone thinks you've played a game with that race, this falls under the 'don't be dick' honour system. Just pick whichever race you think you'll likely be terrible with.

Any objections, post in the next couple of days, then we can leave the sign up thread open another week?

Is there any firm release date for Blood Bowl 2?  

The Cyanide devblog on the subject of Blood Bowl 2 dried up last April, and all we've had since is occasional screenshots that show basically the same thing. Cyanide's website lists a release date of 2014.

The release of BB2 in 2015 is about as likely as GRRM finishing ASoIaF.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:16:29 PM by eldaec »

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 01:27:18 AM

Only teams I've not played before? Er..

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:23 AM

Oh, go on then...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 05:56:07 AM

Only teams I've not played before? Er..

I'll take this as teams I haven't played in f13 leagues.

Hello... Norse?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:30 PM

I guess Chaos Dwarves would be cheating for me right.  why so serious?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 02:10:30 PM

I guess Chaos Dwarves would be cheating for me right.  why so serious?

Absolutely. I still have nightmares of playing your dwarves.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:05 PM

So my history in the league goes like this:

Season 1: Lizardmen
Season 2-4: Dark Elves
Season 5-6: Wood Elves
Season 7-9: Skaven

Given that, I think I should go for a straight bash team. Maybe Khorne or Chaos Dwarves.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 11:22:21 PM

I might play vampires? Or some kind of elf or maybe lizards.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: new year, new season?  
Jump to: