Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 04:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy]  (Read 42591 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: August 26, 2020, 09:01:33 AM

The problem is that in the books, she pretty well drops out for an entire book's worth of narrative and when she reappears after the shit that's going down next season she's in a different situation. So they kept her in the mix--she's a popular character--and tried to give her more of a dramatic arc that frames her upcoming actions. I think that's fine. They're already looking ahead not just to the new situation next season but the big status quo changes to come further down the line, assuming they get to do S6 and beyond.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: August 26, 2020, 10:17:38 AM

The problem is that in the books, she pretty well drops out for an entire book's worth of narrative and when she reappears after the shit that's going down next season she's in a different situation. So they kept her in the mix--she's a popular character--and tried to give her more of a dramatic arc that frames her upcoming actions. I think that's fine. They're already looking ahead not just to the new situation next season but the big status quo changes to come further down the line, assuming they get to do S6 and beyond.

I agree its a difficult situation to connect through. I just thought tension with cliche focus groups blah blah stuff was pretty boring. And the whole husband personality change they thought they needed to throw in to sell it.

Im not sure half the Bobbie stuff did much service to her character or the plot points it was trying to round out.

Expect poison from the standing water.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy]  
Jump to: