Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 150611 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:56 AM

So, anything interesting happening on the eve map? I was thinking I might get a Cov ops frig and sniff around the war areas to see can I spot a fight or 2.

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: April 19, 2016, 06:35:04 AM

Well there's definitely fights, judging by the various Reddit posts.  Horde Fleet vs. Karma Fleet (basically the newbies in newbie ships going at each other) seems to be the latest.  One guy in a 1.5B officer-fit Loki decided to hot-drop some ratter; tackled him, pushed his cyno button, and called it in, only to discover he was in high-sec when Concord showed up.  Fun reading material.
WayAbvPar

Reply #317 on: April 19, 2016, 09:34:49 AM

Just read about the dead titans on TheMittani. Probably not the financial hit it was a few years ago, but still. Ow.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #318 on: April 19, 2016, 11:53:25 AM

Best place to see fights is to hang out in Saranen and watch things die on the station undock.  Otherwise, it's really hit or miss when and where combat happens.  The majority of the sov work is being done by Australians at the moment.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #319 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:48 PM

That how people suicide gank these days?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: April 19, 2016, 12:10:09 PM

That how people suicide gank these days?

People use Talo's, Catalysts and apparently stealth bombers though those could have just been used for wardecced targets.

So, anything interesting happening on the eve map? I was thinking I might get a Cov ops frig and sniff around the war areas to see can I spot a fight or 2.

Edit: All of Deklein has been taken but they still hold out in Pure Blind and parts of Fade for the moment.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:56:59 AM by Meester »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #321 on: April 19, 2016, 01:30:46 PM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: April 20, 2016, 12:05:51 AM

Best place to see fights is to hang out in Saranen and watch things die on the station undock.

Thanks, I'll wander over there with popcorn.

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: April 24, 2016, 01:47:12 AM

Darius JOHNSTON in the Return of the Goon

What is Eve?

It’s a good spaceships game played on the internet you should come play it with us.

Who Should You Play It With?

I said you should play it with us but we should get to know each other a little more, first. That way we can better understand your needs.

Do you love to log in and afk rat for five hours of each evening? Do you want nothing more than to be an anonymous fleet member amidst a thousand others only three of whom even know you exist? Do you live to click a link that makes you a slightly better statistic amidst a sea of management analysis? Did you pay ten dollars just for the privilege of mournfully trudging your way through painstakingly making 50 posts in three months just so you could rat in some space that the dumbasses went and lost anyway? Are you the kind of person who likes needing space support groups to soothe your space nerves?

Wrong guys.

Alternatively, do you want to be one of a few dozen people roaming around together, probably drunk, because it is fun to be with your friends in space? Do you want to be able to link particularly awful Landsknecht posts in fleet chat and not have 239 people out of 255 find that Lowtax won’t let them read it? Do you want to be space-rich beyond your wildest dreams? Well we can arrange all of these except the last one.

This is your chance to be in at the beginning of something new. Something exciting. Something potentially very stupid indeed.

Causing quite the kerfuffle on r/Eve right now, along with the SA threads.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: April 24, 2016, 03:31:05 AM

Wow.

That's actually fucking hilarious.  Hah!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: April 24, 2016, 08:18:08 AM

I went down to Saranen last night, and there was 438 odd in local with a bunch of Goons talking shite. Not much happening to be honest, just a few logistic boosted gangs sitting on the station and the odd cyno field going up. It was all rather boring.

Shockingly I didn't say a word in local. Maturity has finally hit me I guess  ACK!

Edit

I saw this posted on local last night, I don't know anything about the guy referenced but I guess some people might be interested

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:38:58 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: April 25, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

https://youtu.be/0bjTrPutt4k

Also all ships not just carrier fighters can be moved like Homeworld, when the expansion is out on Wednesday.
Expect bugs galore.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: April 27, 2016, 01:49:26 PM

Its a go, and [this is taken froma reddit post] the goon supercapitals are stuck in their staging systems logged off awaiting overloaded drone bays, bubbles, the risk of
being pointed by small ships, someone building a citadel at their log-off point, people monitoring the systems and unable to fit any of the
new modules while also having their hp nerfed. Also no more freemoves for players in jump drive ships when they resub.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: April 27, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Can you resize your sov map post above to 800x600 or something, so it's not so wide?  Esp. since it's out-of-date now.  Reddit has an animated gif somewhere with the sov changes during the war; watch the yellow area shrink to almost nothing in 5 frames, maybe link that.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: May 06, 2016, 01:36:28 PM

So I still give no fucks about fleet lag battles.  I am however curious about whether all this citadel crap is finally implementing dockable stuff in W-space, and I can't find thing one about how these things are built anywhere on CCP's site, past some years-old theoryposts from the devs.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #330 on: May 06, 2016, 02:14:33 PM

Not sure about any that have been successfully installed in W-Space, but I know a couple of freighters have been wrecked carrying citadels.  A few others in null and lowsec have been destroyed while anchoring and vulnerable.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: May 08, 2016, 04:03:09 AM

Eve 13 anniversary celebrated with fireworks and a capsule skin [though there is bug with the capsule skin atm].

Wish we could still do this  

Latest Map

So I still give no fucks about fleet lag battles.  I am however curious about whether all this citadel crap is finally implementing dockable stuff in W-space, and I can't find thing one about how these things are built anywhere on CCP's site, past some years-old theoryposts from the devs.

Depends what you mean by built but if you mean put it in space, then it must be 1000km from another station, another certain distance from other celestials [asteroid belt for example], which is less than 1000km and not in certain protected systems like Jita, rookie systems for example, otherwise you can put them anywhere. You launch it from cargo, move it around and rotate it it you like, set the vulnerability timers for it and if the outline of the citadel is green emans you can build it there. Takes some time to build after it is built it has a 15 minute [for astrahaus at least] vulnerability timer where it can be destroyed outright and after that an enemy needs to go through the vulnerability timers that you have set to destroy it. You can control it like a immovable ship, give it rigs, market, ew modules etc.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:16:05 AM by Meester »
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:23 AM

Double post
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:15:27 AM by Meester »
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: May 16, 2016, 12:10:31 PM

I logged on for a quick fly-around (in Empire space) and found a citadel which I docked in. That was pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: