Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 150620 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:56 AM

My poor little BAT Rifter newbie (who was probably kicked out years ago)...  Stranded in Delve, dubbed a traitor, and soon to be all alone.

The good news is that they will always move out you and a shipful of stuff, and the rest can just be sold.

General notice: this includes supers and titans for those affected: after a few months they get magicked to a lowsec station.  Way better than logging them in and extracting them the way we just had to do with a heap of the pestilential things.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: December 23, 2015, 10:30:15 AM

Wait what?

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 11:17:55 AM

Wait what?

Well, you have to petition.  And you are not allowed to insure them while in the station or you get lined up and shot.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: December 23, 2015, 12:51:09 PM

Yup, CCP will move you and your 1 active ship with all the loot it can hold, if you petition that you haven't played for a long time and are now in enemy 0.0 with no way out.

Also they removed the standings prerequisites for buying jump clones, so as soon as you're out you can just click the medical facilities button and buy as many jump clones as your infomorph psychology skill allows.  I'm not sure if they're offering any subscription cost deals like last year (where the extended multi-month packages cost the same but had quafe paint skins attached).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: December 24, 2015, 05:16:05 AM

Bat Country left Goonswarm last night, and I was able to tell our 47 Ronin just where we were headed.  Fortunately, almost all were very excited, and the worst reaction was one person who was simply a bit nonplussed (although he was a bit off the meta in just what it was all about so that was understandable).

Everyone is under orders not to talk and I didn't waake up to a reddit thread so that was great, but we'll share it as soon as dotlan does!

Our blue list is now one ex-member called koahi who doesn't log in.

Twitter - Endieposts

LeonGruber

Email
Reply #250 on: December 24, 2015, 08:53:21 PM

ACK! ACK!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #251 on: December 25, 2015, 12:29:47 PM

Good first post.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: December 25, 2015, 02:08:10 PM

I agree. Concise, Accurate and summarized all the issues in Eve.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: December 26, 2015, 10:25:31 AM

Well that didn't take long.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: January 04, 2016, 06:54:24 AM

We've been in PL now for about a week and a half.  Some of us are still moving in: yesterday saw us get our supers and titans into PL staging, which was a brilliant achievement by Daktar working with PL help from the infamous rekkingcrew guys like Rocketx but in just over a week we've already had guys on two titan kills, a nyx kill, and the first ever fiend kill in the game.  I went to bed on Friday and, checking comms before i left, I noticed that a third of the corp were all in one T3 destroyer roam.  The content is non-stop, comms are chill, people seem surprisingly pleased to see us.  We made the right choice.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: January 04, 2016, 07:29:34 AM

Not sure what the big secrecy was though. I guessed you were probably headed to PL, so I'm sure people with actual skin in the game probably thought the same thing. Glad its working out for ya.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: January 04, 2016, 08:26:00 AM

Anyone who doesn't realise why there was secrecy involved also doesn't understand why we went where we did, since the reasoning behind each was deeply related.  There were extremely good reasons for the secrecy which I honestly thought would be quite glaringly obvious.  In any case lots of people who either guessed wrong or didn't guess at all have since told me how confident they were that we were going to PL.  I treat each with equally bemused disdain.

I almost regret giving away Himo now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Well, you must have had some very strange ideas about our destination since I am sure you must realise what the rapid result of you being in alliance which penif helps run would be?

In any case, penif was a huge help in moving our supers, too, and was there to offer a hand before we were even approved for membership of the alliance.  More than one person in corp has mentioned their growing man-crushes vis-a-vis him.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:25 PM

Razzor Death, one of our directors, posted a video of a couple of the bigger kills from our first week in Pandemic Legion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7_y-Ugid4

Twitter - Endieposts

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: January 04, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

Reading the reaction to this has been great - and good luck in PL. If only I had a fraction of the free time needed to play the damn game...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: January 04, 2016, 02:57:46 PM

Reading the reaction to this has been great - and good luck in PL. If only I had a fraction of the free time needed to play the damn game...

Because it's not really strat op stuff what people do is usually leave IRC running and when they hear pings they check what it is.  Then jump in mumble, jump to cyno in blops or whatever, kill alliance tournament ship, wait out jump fatigue and bridge back.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: January 04, 2016, 03:04:42 PM

Um, I hate to shock you, but penif used to come to me for help with stuff all the time in game, while playing the cool kid to the slackjawed goon morons by badmouthing me out of game. It was one of the things that amused me at the time. I doubt I would have much problems with him now that he is secure in his position.

I'm glad that you still feel the need to scare me off or make me feel bad or something. vOv

And distain? Really? All it was was a guess, I really didn't care much either way. Hope it works out for you.

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: January 04, 2016, 04:19:17 PM

A little off topic, but this thread motivated me to go check the price of Guidance Systems, now at 68k I've definitely made more isk unsubbed than I ever did playing the game.

Got to love Eve.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: January 04, 2016, 04:30:36 PM

The amount of people running bots to avoid playing the game testifies to the futility of actually playing it.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: January 05, 2016, 01:39:16 AM

Um, I hate to shock you, but penif used to come to me for help with stuff all the time in game, while playing the cool kid to the slackjawed goon morons by badmouthing me out of game. It was one of the things that amused me at the time. I doubt I would have much problems with him now that he is secure in his position.

I'm glad that you still feel the need to scare me off or make me feel bad or something. vOv

And distain? Really? All it was was a guess, I really didn't care much either way. Hope it works out for you.

If you think penif would get on with you then umm ok.  We hadn't even got into the alliance befre penif saw a list of our supercap characters, saw Himo on there, and had to be talked down with reassurances that the character had been sold.

I don''t feel any need to "scare you off".  You did the condescending shtick where you failed to comprehend why things were done so I have tried to explain, but I can tell you that you would not be allowed back into Bat Country after what happened the last two times. 

You're a nice person away from Eve matters - I like what you post elsewhere on f13 and on facebook - but your amazing over-confidence regarding the truth (or even credibility) of your opinions regarding Eve is at times teeth-grindingly awful.  You unquestioningly repost Gevlon Goblin articles.  You assert things that haven't been true for literally years.  I mean, let's check out your latest piece of work:

The amount of people running bots to avoid playing the game testifies to the futility of actually playing it.  why so serious?

What are you basing this on?  What is your evidence?  When do you think that this last applied?  Because having seen the stats as part of the CSM, having seen the alterations to ISK-selling behaviour, and having seen the changes in ratting and market-trading behaviour from both up-close and on-high I can tell you that you are talking bullshit.  If, on the other hand, you have even one iota of credible evidence of widespread botting then please do PM it to me so that I can tell the security team this morning.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: January 05, 2016, 02:18:08 AM

Dude, I don't post his articles. I post his CHARTS, which are based on dotlan dumps and are raw numbers. And I post my own interpretation on the numbers, not his. You might note that I totally disagreed with his analysis the last time I posted those charts. Its not my frigging fault that numbers in Eve are declining. Yeesh, get that stick out of your ass. I'm not trying to prove my superiority in knowledge. How the hell would I. I don't know anyone in eve anymore. I'm just good at spotting patterns and like seeing if I'm right or not.

And like I said, I just guessed you were going to PL. If I was wrong I was wrong, no skin off my nose either way. And I'm sorry that a well known Eve Streamer, Daopa, who gets c250 viewers every time he streams, which is what you call a shitty streamer to try and diminish him, was right there when PL called you lot in to help them demolish Brave Newbies, therefore causing most reasonable people to think the 2 of you are just pretending to hate one another and are sekretly working together. I didn't record it, I just happened to be watching. And since I knew a Fountain war was Starting I just figured you needed to get PL out of that war to come give you a hand, so you helped finish the war fast to free them up. That's it, that's the end of any claims of my superior intel. Its just the comments of a mildly interested bystander. I didn't even critisise you for working together as such.

I know you have a grudge against me for whatever you think happened in the past, but I didn't make you make a fool of yourself when you started crowing at me that goons threw LOVEU out because of me while you were in a recruitment drive to get people to going the same fucking alliance you were saying was petty enough to throw out an entire corp because of one person. Its not my fault that the Alliance leadership were looking at it and got a big fucking laugh out of it at you making a fool of yourself. Hell I was actually recommending people to join Goons at the time, but you couldn't hold it in, you had to crow about it and you made yourself look like a fool all by yourself. All I did was point it out.

So seriously, stop with the "I know so much more than you and therefore fuck off dweeb" act. People are entitled to comment on something if they want, and if you want to constantly read something anti-goon into it that is your problem, not mine.

And I hate to shock you but this section of the forum is fucking dead, so having ANYONE write on this thread is a blessing that you shouldnt be shitting over just because of 5 year old grudges.

And as for Penifsmash, hell I'm sure he knows its good theater to make you guys a little panicky to make you just that little more grateful to be included in his little group. All I know is that he was friendly to me in Private and horrible in public, and I really don't care either way what his real feelings were at this point.

What is Himo flying these days anyway? I know he had all the prereqs for a Gallante Titan and wasn't too far from Bombers when I gave him away.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: January 05, 2016, 03:48:09 AM

Whoah easy there I have some nomadic Huns over here annoyed that your furious Great Wall of Text is blocking their annual migratory routes into China.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: January 05, 2016, 06:16:29 AM

rolleyes  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: January 05, 2016, 03:42:14 PM

After ten days of herding cats (if cats need to delete APIs, register for new services etc), moving supers and space-politicking I had set aside this evening to go on my first actual PL, non-supercap-move fleet.

I was glibly boasting about how my fourth alt was able to fly every PL subcap doctrine when the broadcast went out for ahac+ fleet.  Sound of needle scratching across record as I realise that that should have been everything *except* proteuses.  I could have flown something else but I *really* love proteii so I logged in a different alt, used the once per year home station thing to get to the utopia office that midge grabbed today, grabbed a proteus off contracts and undocked.  I just wanted in a fleet.

The fleet started at 2030, and we were undocked and moving in a little over ten minutes more.  Not much more than ten minutes after that we were bridged and jumping through a gate into several hostile fleets of typhoons, machariels, bombers and something else I forget.  NCdot had brought a fleet as well so we weren't alone, and they had their cute newbies along from Northern Army, too.

We murdered typhoons until those ran away, then a few machariels.  Then we jumped next door and fought some more.  Init turned up to shoot us in ishtars and we killed those until they scarpered, and I seem to have twenty or so machariel kills so I guess we killed those too.  We were pretty well outnumbered but I think we lost like ten of 160 PL guys, and we were brawling right in the middle of the hostile fleets for the whole time.  I found myself in that place where you don't notice the time and 90 minutes have passed just shooting stuff.  76 92 killmails and no structures harmed is a good baptism into the new alliance, too!

The best bits were, however, nothing to do with the kills: a third of Bat were in that fleet, not because of any pressure but because these fleets are just fun.  And about a fifth of the whole alliance were there in one channel on comms, hanging out and having fun together.  After years with the increasingly vast tens of thousands of the CFC where you didn't feel you shared very much with the larger group, I really enjoyed just being with spacefriends and doing stuff together for fun.  I've missed that real alliance community feel for a while.  It was the same when we were watching a Bob Ross painting stream the day before ("UGH RUINED...", "SAVED!") or when folks were watching movies together on OG mumble at the weekend: it's a group that does stuff together for fun.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:31:56 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: January 09, 2016, 08:30:39 AM

Woke up, took the dog for a walk on the beach, logged in and read some forums and got pinged by an ex-member (now in Volta) saying that they had another ex-member's (now in Goonswarm's Korean tax haven Dokdo) carriers tackled in Deklein.  Hedliner had the same intel and so we formed up Sleipnirs and wormholed our way right across the map.  There then followed 23 dead chimeras:

After we killed those we burned for another set of carriers Volta had tackled in Pure Blind, but partway there we bounced back a jump and killed an Auguror Navy Issue fleet before continuing our journey.  The tackled carriers were now a large carrier and supercap fleet with a hurricane fleet for support, but we jumped into their gatecamp, burned off, killed tackled, bounced back to kill some 'canes, then exited through the wormhole.  All in all, a great afternoon.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:48:47 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: January 09, 2016, 08:49:51 AM

oh and we killed another rag and a nyx the other day.  That's one dead CFC rag/nyx pair a week since we joined.  These killings will continue until the Mittani complies with our demands.

Twitter - Endieposts

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: January 09, 2016, 08:53:33 AM

I could have flown something else but I *really* love proteii

Seriously, this is a proteus.

I refuse to believe even its mother could love something that ugly.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: January 09, 2016, 10:13:31 AM

These killings will continue until the Mittani complies with our demands.

The action reports are awesome, but for full understanding we need to know what these demands are.  Not sure they've been mentioned anywhere.

EDIT:  Grats on the kills.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:29:43 AM by ajax34i »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: January 09, 2016, 11:45:53 AM

I could have flown something else but I *really* love proteii

Seriously, this is a proteus.

I refuse to believe even its mother could love something that ugly.

The sleip is a prettier doctrine but the proteus is beautiful at brawling and tackling.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: January 09, 2016, 02:07:16 PM

These killings will continue until the Mittani complies with our demands.

The action reports are awesome, but for full understanding we need to know what these demands are.  Not sure they've been mentioned anywhere.

EDIT:  Grats on the kills.

I dunno I've not really worked out what we should demand of him.  Probably the immediate release of any PvPers still being held in Goonswarm.

About 14 or 15 of us went on another fleet this afternoon for a timer in Providence.  A bunch of Russians turned up in Typhoons again, so we killed a ton of those: I got on about 10 billion ISK of battleship kills but I know others were on a bunch more.  NCdot issued a formal apology for using a meat-cannon* to boosh** a bunch of Russian typhoons to safety when we had them trapped, otherwise we'd have murdered even more of them.  A hurricane fleet issue fleet and a cerb fleet also turned up to fight us, as well as a bunch of Petes***, but the first two ran after we killed the Russians and warped in on the Cerbs, while the Petes were driven off by our bomber squad who probed them out every time before they could do any real damage.

*New command destroyers
**These can micro-jump 100KM and take everything in a sphere that surrounds them with them
***Almost-unprobe-able glass cannon tengus who snipe but which are very vulnerable if you can shoot them.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: January 09, 2016, 02:19:48 PM

When I was running around Exploring I'd guess 80-90% of the strategic Cruisers I encountered wandering around were Tengus. The rest were Proteus and I think I only saw a Loki once. I of course was flying the Legion to be different.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: January 09, 2016, 02:23:09 PM

Our "ahacs" doctrine is split between proteins and legions.  Each has its fans.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: January 09, 2016, 02:27:16 PM

This image aptly sums up what we did to the CFC Auguror fleet earlier, after we killed Gaara's carrier fleet:

We've regrouped on the gate after killing the Augurors but you can see where we kited them off the gate up to the final killing ground above.  I don't think we lost a single ship, although I could be wrong.  They literally queued up to be shot.

Twitter - Endieposts

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #277 on: January 09, 2016, 05:07:19 PM

Woke up, took the dog for a walk on the beach, logged in and read some forums and got pinged by an ex-member (now in Volta) saying that they had another ex-member's (now in Goonswarm's Korean tax haven Dokdo) carriers tackled in Deklein.  Hedliner had the same intel and so we formed up Sleipnirs and wormholed our way right across the map.  There then followed 23 dead chimeras:

After we killed those we burned for another set of carriers Volta had tackled in Pure Blind, but partway there we bounced back a jump and killed an Auguror Navy Issue fleet before continuing our journey.  The tackled carriers were now a large carrier and supercap fleet with a hurricane fleet for support, but we jumped into their gatecamp, burned off, killed tackled, bounced back to kill some 'canes, then exited through the wormhole.  All in all, a great afternoon.

This is awesome and almost makes me regret being unsubbed.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: January 11, 2016, 02:32:37 PM

Pings go out that someone in Providence is streaming an op with carriers and some very flashy subcaps as support gating around the place, so ten or twelve minutes later we have 130 guys in Tengus and a bunch of supers in fleet, and we burn a few jumps to a titan and bridge onto the other side of a gate while hictors and dictors jump through and get tackle.  I often wonder what it must feel like for the guys in capitals or supers or whatever when they see local spike with -10 tags: it feels awfully good to be the ones causing that sinking feeling, I admit.  Pandemic Horde, our :shobon: newbie alliance, also turned up to jump onto some capital killmails.

At this point we burn out to spike range and start picking off vindicators and bhaalgorns while titans and supers jump in and start picking off the carriers with doomsdays and fighter-bombers, which looks very impressive from where we are standing but probably less so from the receiving end.  It was the first time some of the bat guys had got to drop like this and they loved it.  Our co-operation wasn't brilliant, though, and we lost more tackle than we should have.

The battle report is here.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #279 on: January 15, 2016, 09:26:20 AM

I noticed Viper Squad on some of those killmails... is ole Sith Bandon still flying these days? That Romanian fucker could rage, but I've never been led by a better small gang leader than him.

After a little searching, seems he hasn't been on a kill since April 2015. I don't recognize any names from -VSQ-'s TRI days. Ah well!

Always had a lot of respect for PL. Glad you guys landed there. Well done, Endie.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: