Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:22:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 151194 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: November 25, 2015, 06:37:44 AM

I ain't know shit about Eve but what I read once in a while, and I only get a general idea from looking at the rabbit hole...

If you could elaborate or provide links it would be great, especially for those who don't read the Eve related forums, tia.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 25, 2015, 07:37:59 AM

"The Mittani, you were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the BoB, not join them.
You were to bring balance to the Goon, not leave it in DARKNESS!" - Endie, Chief of Bat Country
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #212 on: November 25, 2015, 07:59:53 AM

So, some time ago there was an internet spaceships thing called The Fountain War, when CFC fell out with TEST, and wound up finally achieving "The Blue Donut" (all 0.0 is Goon). The Mittani hatches a scheme where an established (but niche) Sci-fi author will write a book about it, the author's advance being paid by a Kickstarter.

There is inevitably much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how The Mittani is profiting from this, TheMittani.com (TMC) makes a post about how unfair it all is that they are picking on Mittens when so many others have found ways to profit from the game, and if they don't stop no author will ever want to do a project about Eve ever again, and everytime someone goes "Grrr, Goons" God masturbates a kitten: https://www.themittani.com/features/shake-it-off

Just more Eve drama, until our very own Endie (former head of Goonfleet Intelligence Agency) has a private chat with someone about how the Kickstarter is just the tip of the iceberg, TMC is essentially a money-laundering scheme that pays contributors in ISK that is funnelled from Goonfleet coffers, and uses Goon-generated in game items as prizes in contests designed to increase readership of TMC and viewership of connected Twitch channels, all or nearly all (real money) revenues from all of this going to The Mittani. This conversation either leaks, or "leaks", depending on who you ask, when the non-Endie side uses pastebin to share it with someone else.

Edit: Pastebin link; pastebin.com/QT7yxnBC

Edit; Damned tablet can't tell the difference between post and preview. Anyway, so there is now even more drama, CCP has all but confirmed they are looking into it, and goons are shitposting all over the place to try and shut down discussion of it all. I expect them in this thread in 3...2...1....

--Dave
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:26:59 AM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: November 25, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Nice one Dave, thanks. That's pretty epic drama right there.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 25, 2015, 05:46:54 PM

On the book deal, seems to me if it was really "for the good of eve" and this mittani connection was the trouble everyone was having...

Then the simplest solution would be to remove TMC/mittani from any and all financial renumeration, no?  And just let it actually be for the good of Eve.

I don't think that's in the cards, though.  Not with this other shoe floating around.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: November 26, 2015, 01:04:09 AM

Did the Mittani just order order 66 on BAT?

GSF spy reporting:

Mittani pinged for an emergency meeting of goon leadership and TMC shareholders

freaks out about Endie leaks

rages and muses long about betrayal

Sion never trusted Endie really

discusses various options to punish treason

Sion stresses need to prosecute treason in order to reinforce loyalty of leadership to state

mentions book/kickstarter (lol)

importance of TMC for the good of the Imperium

commissar order issued against all –BAT- supers

confidentiality stressed - Endie shall stay in the dark

concerns raised that Bat Country might defect asap, PL named

intel cap movements of -BAT-

act swift and preemptively

will be the biggest purge in EVE history

orders FCs to execute order during move op next week (viceroyalty)

cover up preparations

r/Eve is going bananas right now. This is no longer just a John Le Carre novel, it's also a Craig Thomas novel, and I expect it to hit Tom Clancy level of explosions shortly. The book could legitimately be called "Ethics in Game Journalism".

Going to be hilarious if true, seeing as last I heard BAT had the greatest amount of supercaps-per-line member in GSF. I'm thinking of coming back just to be part of such a story...but I don't want to end up in Pandemic Legion either, and it wouldn't be as epic as the Retreat From Delve was.

Also I never had a super, so wouldn't really feel part of the story if everyone else losses a Titan and I all have is a carrier in YA0.

Good luck anyone here in BAT - the Drama is making quite a good read!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:12:01 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

My poor little BAT Rifter newbie (who was probably kicked out years ago)...  Stranded in Delve, dubbed a traitor, and soon to be all alone.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: November 27, 2015, 06:13:59 AM

Endie is a Goon hero.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: November 27, 2015, 11:49:16 AM

Off -grid links will be a non-entity shortly, maybe not next month but near the beginning of the year.
Maybe some kind of aoe will be applied to them, so sayeth Fozzie. Now we know one of the reasons for
an increase in grid size.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: November 27, 2015, 04:27:36 PM

Also, Command Destroyers have a AOE Warp drive that can drop bubbles/ships/bombs/missiles from 100km onto your head.  That's going to make battles more interesting.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: November 29, 2015, 06:19:03 PM

Found a take on the recent eve drama I thought was interesting.  Kicked in about half way down., writing quality aside.

http://evesnotshot.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-ties-that-bind-00-monetization-of_28.html?m=1
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: November 30, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

Doesn't Goon leadership change every couple years?  Who was it pre-Mittens?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #222 on: November 30, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

Doesn't Goon leadership change every couple years?  Who was it pre-Mittens?
Dmitry Medvedev.

EDIT: I may have been a little too clever. Mittens has been in charge of Goonfleet, in fact if not in name, since at least the alliance with Redswarm and the proxy battle between BoB and Goonfleet fronted by FiX/MC and IAC (2007?). So forever, in Eve terms. Other people have nominally been in the senior leadership position, but The Mittani has always been at the top of the Goon Eve pyramid.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:01:16 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #223 on: November 30, 2015, 08:26:23 PM

He quit for a year or two after his first attempt at being CEO, then came back to the game right after Khartoon briefly killed the alliance.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 13, 2015, 04:50:33 PM

So Bat Country has left Goonswarm federation, the ex-military leader of the CFC has left and a bunch of others are considering their options.

Has Olympus fallen?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

IMO, not sure what the internal politics are (I haven't played the game for years), but the changes to the 0.0 sovereigny mechanics, capital ships, and stations and outposts have kinda stopped the nullsec game in its tracks, and from my point of view it's taking CCP longer than anticipated* to "fix" it and give all the alliances a stable set of game mechanics to do something with. 

* Silly me, I figured "strong 0.0 CSM, therefore CCP will change all 0.0 stuff during this CSM term."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: December 13, 2015, 10:58:48 PM

Ex-SkyMarshell quits
BlawrfGoonswarm Federation 18 points 9 hours ago

Far too much to even touch on bit by bit.

Attitude of some directors even before I was ousted from TSC, but as I was in a position of power I could challenge it.
    Being removed without respect, whilst convalescing from surgery. Even though Mittens apologised for it, profusely, it still hurt, and wasn't the action of a friend.
    Seeing this toxic, dark aura permeate illuminati whilst I was in there - seeing people shouted down for daring to question why TMDC broadcasts were sent, for instance.
    Seeing the echochamber work its magic, seeing high level leadership call Endie mentally unstable.
    Being threatened with log-leaking myself by Sion, information that could really, really harm my personal life.

Lots more, but I'm tired and full from noodles so i'll try to return shortly!

So I read that and think WTF? Then I saw Bat Country leaving the CFC. The Soundcloud recording sounds like it reads like a Shakespearean of the end and a beginning.  

Still, everyone who wants to can stay in Goonwaffe/Federation, but I'll be interested when we hear where BAT is going. Sounded like PL, but I guess we'll find out. My fanfiction headcannon says it's all a ploy to start a Horus Hersey against the Imperialiam to reinvigorate the game for everyone, but that's just fanfiction. I should write a book about it.

I am really impressed how much kudos and respect BAT has, which is a big credit to everyone in it past and present. Keep the headlines coming in r/Eve.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:00:56 PM by Comstar »

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 14, 2015, 03:52:27 AM

Endie's speech makes me want to re-join BAT :D

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:34 PM

I'd honestly been a smidgen leery of Mittani ever since the whole 'hey guys Goon imperium in H1Z1 with custom Mittani merchandise I totally haven't sold out honest' thing.  It looked a whole lot like someone got a check from Smed to be able to guarantee several hundred new players for a bad game.  Given that running an EVE alliance is basically a full-time job of herding retards, I don't begrudge any director of any alliance for cashing out to some extent or another so long as it doesn't dick over the rank and file in the process, but that plus doing a book deal is getting into red flag territory.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #229 on: December 14, 2015, 01:54:38 PM

Is it?  That's completely out-of-game and the guy has been at the center of everything for so long that it's surprising he didn't have a book ghostwritten years ago.
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33:01 PM

There's a lot of things in life that are okay to do for money, as long as you're up front about it.

Some things aren't, but I think that's mostly different forms of politics, or prostitution.  And the prostitution's a maybe.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: December 14, 2015, 11:22:56 PM

Hmm...Eve us becoming cool again, maybe.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: December 15, 2015, 06:43:34 AM

Bat Country leave Goonswarm - I may resub.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #233 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22:41 AM

I'd be curious to know if any folks from f13 are simultaneously still active in BAT and paying attention here anymore.  An insider's perspective would be lovely.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: December 15, 2015, 08:16:27 AM

BC should totally go all 'hurt lover' and seek to destroy GS. That would add some life to this thing (and be lots of fun!).

- Viin
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #235 on: December 15, 2015, 12:25:41 PM

Christ, I have no idea were my BC character even is (was probably kicked out years ago) right now.  I imagine just logging in will have everybody withing 20 systems gunning for me.   awesome, for real

Not that I've actually reached the point where I want to resub to eve again.  Things need to be on a more downward slope in my life for that to happen (2015 was a terrible hear for me, but I'm on the up and up now.  Why fuck that up with Eve!?).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 15, 2015, 01:02:30 PM

I almost regret giving away Himo now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 16, 2015, 12:35:42 PM

Christ, I have no idea were my BC character even is (was probably kicked out years ago) right now.  I imagine just logging in will have everybody withing 20 systems gunning for me.   awesome, for real

BAT has been given a grace period of 3 weeks to get out. I'm going back in this weekend to see what's going on. Eve sounds...cool again. Maybe.

In other news, Blawf's reasons for leaving get a lot more murkier, with much murkier issues about his leaving getting a re-run on r/eve today.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:58:06 PM by Comstar »

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: December 16, 2015, 12:55:07 PM

I'd be curious to know if any folks from f13 are simultaneously still active in BAT and paying attention here anymore.  An insider's perspective would be lovely.

o/

I wouldn't even know what to say. "Eve is still gay as heck?"
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #239 on: December 16, 2015, 02:38:12 PM

Yay!  Tell Endie to come back and post hello or something.  Also, let us know where you land!
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #240 on: December 17, 2015, 12:06:49 PM

I'd be curious to know if any folks from f13 are simultaneously still active in BAT and paying attention here anymore.  An insider's perspective would be lovely.

I'm still in BAT. Technically. I haven't logged in for a couple weeks and have to reinstall EvE to evac my shit at some point, but :effort:

Edit: as for politics, meh. EvE is pretty fucking dull right now, Aegis sov didn't create content and the Imperium (ugh, really?) is stagnant with no-one to fight. In the midst of all this the H1Z1/Bookstarter stuff kind of rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way, not necessarily in BAT, just in general. It's all pretty dull and I think Midge/Endie just want to go do something fun and get out of the whole Empire thing, it's not really GSF/CFC as we knew it. All IMO, I don't really know much, I'm lazy and barely play as it is.

There is some good fights to be had in low/NPC null and some of the new mechanics are cool. Null is stagnant.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:17:37 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: December 18, 2015, 05:24:04 AM

Eve Online very much runs on a drama based lubricant. While Bat Country leaving Gimmicks-R-Us is a profound kick in the butt we're very much amused of the inner and outer reaction it has had. The alliance is trumpeting how it's a good thing they are losing a corp known for Miniluv ganking, GIA tentacles and high supercap numbers and how we're now "severely diminished" because of it since a slope in a graph is all the explanation you need. The grr,goons group is riled up as well molding whatever shitposting ammunition they can out of it all. Inside the corp things are rather chill and people are just busy managing their assets and characters and finding the will to resub accounts. Back in the day we used to have to move to the opposite end of the galaxy at least twice a year, so personally I've been waiting for a change in scenery for a long while now.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: December 21, 2015, 08:41:20 AM

Looking at the wider Eve world rather than fukgoons, the CSM system appears to be ob its last legs, and CCP has pretty much sidelined it and insulted its members to their faces, making them pretty much unanimously go fukccp.

http://nosygamer.blogspot.ie/2015/12/the-csm-no-place-to-go-but-up.html

Had a look at the graphs from Greedygoblin. This is the ratting numbers for a the last year and a half. Highsec in blue, Null in red, lowsec in yellow and multiplied by 5 so you can actually see them...

Basically CCPs strategy of fukhighsec is working as not intended and is driving people out of the game. Things are up slightly in null over the last year.

He also has the ratting numbers by region, which he interprets as goons being poor as the ratting numbers are lower in goon areas in general, but it could be that goons are just less active or have other sources of income than ratting. You can have a look at the numbers at the link. He is an anti goon poster but the numbers are solid.

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.ie/2015/12/november-ratting-data-with-poverty-of.html

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: December 21, 2015, 12:19:08 PM

I don't know if CCP had a fuck highsec strategy; thought it was more a "let's ignore highsec for 18 months and concentrate on revamping sov and then capitals for nullsec", which they've wasted a year on with no results.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: December 23, 2015, 08:55:45 AM

Bat Country leave Goonswarm - I may resub.

You will fucking love our destination.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: