Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Overwatch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 235204 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: July 06, 2016, 06:58:27 PM

I feel like last patch basically ruined the game for me. With everyone in the same QM pool it kind of worked out for someone who is in the middle between casual/doesn't care and tries to win any given match anyway. Now the QM seems filled with mouth breathers and competitive is more than I really want to do. I've run into this exact problem before in other games, of course. It seems to happen for me in any game that has matchmaking, eventually. Never got this way about TF2, etc.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: July 07, 2016, 10:03:35 AM

I haven't had any issues with mouth breathers, but I also have team voice chat off (only group voice chat on) and I don't pay attention to chat. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: July 07, 2016, 01:11:37 PM

I gotta agree on the mouth breathers. Coming off a game where my entire team was too stupid to even once take cover behind Reinhardt's barrier. It was really quite something.

edit: and attacks are doomed to fail because there's always a genji or a widow on the attacking team, usually both.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:27:56 PM by jakonovski »
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: July 07, 2016, 06:27:47 PM

edit: and attacks are doomed to fail because there's always a genji or a widow on the attacking team, usually both.
I only played this game during the free weekend, but I played Genji pretty much exclusively and he's an amazing attacker. High ranged damage, fantastic defence and the second best mobility in the game.

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:48 AM

I only played this game during the free weekend, but I played Genji pretty much exclusively and he's an amazing attacker. High ranged damage, fantastic defence and the second best mobility in the game.

I actually meant Hanzo the archer but I get them mixed up all the time.  why so serious?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #670 on: July 08, 2016, 03:08:50 PM

yea fuckin azns man they all look alike.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: July 08, 2016, 03:30:18 PM

See one cyber ninja, seen them all.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #672 on: July 08, 2016, 08:34:36 PM

yea fuckin azns man they all look alike.

Stray.. I thought you were banned!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #673 on: July 10, 2016, 03:05:04 AM

Playing in Japan is great because nobody uses chat or voice (being a hodgepodge of Japanese/Korean/Chinese on the servers).  You can do your own thing without bothering anyone or anyone bothering you.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #674 on: July 10, 2016, 12:07:33 PM

Yeah, not sure how it is in NA, but in EU I would say I get one talker every forty matches or so. No kidding. And I am talking "Competitive". Chat sees some more action, but not that much at all really.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: July 10, 2016, 01:54:59 PM

Genji and Zenyatta are a hoot. A full hoot.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #676 on: July 10, 2016, 02:36:23 PM

Zen got propper buffed since beta. He's pretty fun now, I agree. He also does very nice damage.

Playing in Japan is great because nobody uses chat or voice (being a hodgepodge of Japanese/Korean/Chinese on the servers).  You can do your own thing without bothering anyone or anyone bothering you.

Probably nice because of the cultural teamwork zeitgeist. Ours is RAMBO and it shows, even more in competitive. You've got to be THE GUY so screw waiting on your team to do a coordinated charge or ultimate burst. Or, Oh, just pulling an example "at random" not running past the Tracer whose hanging at the spawn entrance and chasing your Mercy back to the group so she's at 1/4 health by the time she joins up.

When people talk in pug competitive they win. When it's silent it's a loser mess.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #677 on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:53 PM

The only people I hear talk in PUGs are those screaming insults when we're losing.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #678 on: July 12, 2016, 11:02:24 AM

New heroine next week. As predicted, Ana (Pharah's mother), a healing sniper who shoots allies to replenish their HP. Also, more Crowd Control thanks to a sleeper granade.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCGKrYgr0k

Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFWIw7wV8Q

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #679 on: July 12, 2016, 12:29:04 PM

i wonder what her movement ability will be?
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #680 on: July 12, 2016, 01:03:31 PM

Past few days I've been having more and more competitive games where people just ditch en masse if we're not winning after the first round.
I'm hoping it's not a growing trend 'cause of the general 'easy come, easy go' nature of the game.
Dropped 4 ratings in a large part due to 3 matches in a row lost like this, seems when you lose a few in a row your rating really plummets.

P.S.: Despite telling myself to not give a shit about some bullshit e-peen fluff competitive ranking, I got kind of sucked in (of course) and now go cry in a corner every time I lose a point.

P.S.S.: A new hero is nice and all, but someone else mentioned the lack of great maps and I can only mirror that sentiment. Competitive is stroking my ego a tiny bit, but once that wears off there'd better be some addictive new maps 'cause 'Fun New Flashy Shooter!' shouldn't be getting this monotonous this quick.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #681 on: July 12, 2016, 01:47:15 PM

i could give a shit about the competitive ranking; you get one competitive point per win, no matter who you won against.

Won against a rating 88 pro bang team on a near lethal drip of adderall? one point

Won against a hapless assembly of rating 10 players that have the reflexes of a Glide script? one point

Power your rating down as hard as you can whenever you can! Easier players means more competitive points forever! Organize with players that will collectively euthanize games that you probably won't win! Intentionally dive your competitive placement matches! In this game, rank is forever a hindrance!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #682 on: July 12, 2016, 05:36:36 PM

Past few days I've been having more and more competitive games where people just ditch en masse if we're not winning after the first round.
I'm hoping it's not a growing trend 'cause of the general 'easy come, easy go' nature of the game.
Dropped 4 ratings in a large part due to 3 matches in a row lost like this, seems when you lose a few in a row your rating really plummets.

P.S.: Despite telling myself to not give a shit about some bullshit e-peen fluff competitive ranking, I got kind of sucked in (of course) and now go cry in a corner every time I lose a point.

P.S.S.: A new hero is nice and all, but someone else mentioned the lack of great maps and I can only mirror that sentiment. Competitive is stroking my ego a tiny bit, but once that wears off there'd better be some addictive new maps 'cause 'Fun New Flashy Shooter!' shouldn't be getting this monotonous this quick.

The only way enjoy comp is to play with a organised team. Otherwise it will be shit at all mmrs.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #683 on: July 12, 2016, 07:28:58 PM

i could give a shit about the competitive ranking; you get one competitive point per win, no matter who you won against.

Won against a rating 88 pro bang team on a near lethal drip of adderall? one point

Won against a hapless assembly of rating 10 players that have the reflexes of a Glide script? one point

Power your rating down as hard as you can whenever you can! Easier players means more competitive points forever! Organize with players that will collectively euthanize games that you probably won't win! Intentionally dive your competitive placement matches! In this game, rank is forever a hindrance!

Since dropping to 34  from 39 I'm certainly finding it's less worrysome.  awesome, for real

Playing support means if your DPS suck, your whole team sucks.  I'm Mercy/ Zen/ Lucio most of my matches and a tank for the majority of the rest. I win 1 out of every 3 games and just /headdesk most of the time.

Most recent game:
 "Phara's above us!" *non-tanks who can aim continue to play Junkrat/ Mei. Solider 76 tries to snipe with rockets, never fires gun*  Well, ok then. at least I'm getting tons of ultimate boost healing your sad, silly asses.

I'm not thrilled with a sniper-support, since I can't aim for shit. I imagine the thought process is a sniper-support character will draw in those useless Hanzo players to do something useful.  However, DPs wants to DPS. They're not going to play support any more than when WoW made Monks or gave Druids the ability to DPS & Heal in the same spec for a time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:30:56 PM by Merusk »

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: July 13, 2016, 08:38:18 AM

One of the things that frustrates me the most is when nobody plays support, so I suck it up and play it. Then everyone on the team runs around individually, doesn't protect me, and no single player is good enough to be worth following around and healing.  It's particularly frustrating because I'm actually pretty good as Pharah and end up playing support to far worse players a lot of the time in QM. I have only played 4 competitive matches so far and am 3-1. I only play them when I can sneak into a premade my friend runs sometimes. Otherwise NO WAY JOSE.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #685 on: July 13, 2016, 08:48:46 AM

I've had those games, even in competitive. If I die in rapid succession more than a few times, I hang back at spawn for a bit and follow folks in. If I follow 2+ people in and STILL get stomped, I comment, "heal yourselves, I'm done being the target nobody protects" and switch to Junkrat or something. If there's bitching after that, I might say "play it yourself, you kept running off and letting Reaper/ Tracer/ Reinhardt waste me. (Seriously.. Reinhardt, guys?) I'm done. "

I'm just doing competitive because they seem to spawn games faster than quick play now. In the basement the matches aren't any better or any closer and the players still make the same shitty mistakes. They still run in one at a time and feed ultimates to groups who have any sort of coordination. They still take a few shots at guys camping spawn but then run off happily ignoring them if the Tracer/ Reaper does their escape move. (Wtf. ) They ALL still don't fucking know how to snipe or shoot a goddamn Phara out of the sky with anything but Bastion.

I was on a winning side yesterday and we dominated Anubis. Won attack in under three minutes and WOULD have had defense at point A if I haddn't fumble-fingered an escape from attacking Hanzo's dragons so I could've rezzed my team. That wasn't any more fun than it was being the guys getting shit-on in a match like that.

Then low-rank competitive is also starting to get smurfs. No way the Reaper who racked-up 50+ kills and 2 deaths should've been down slumming it with me at rank 35.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:51:00 AM by Merusk »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: July 13, 2016, 12:12:09 PM

The only way enjoy comp is to play with a organised team. Otherwise it will be shit at all mmrs.

So not true.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: July 13, 2016, 12:17:40 PM

Then low-rank competitive is also starting to get smurfs. No way the Reaper who racked-up 50+ kills and 2 deaths should've been down slumming it with me at rank 35.

Honestly, I think that can totally happen with Reaper. Mostly because it happened to me. Reaper in particular is a character that -if left unchecked- can be devastating. I had more than one game exactly as the one you described (50+ eliminations, even a couple with stats as 30 final blows and 3 deaths), and I am definitely a below-average player. Reaper is such an easy character to play with super high damage, escape skill, and a game-changing ultimate.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #688 on: July 13, 2016, 02:33:17 PM

pulling this off was pretty satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYHu1b-NX0o
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: July 13, 2016, 03:58:29 PM

I like the response time of the Bastion at the end.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: July 13, 2016, 05:10:42 PM

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #691 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:29 PM

that's too bad, i was just thinking our team could use yet another hanzo on offense. whatever shall they pick now?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #692 on: July 13, 2016, 05:26:44 PM

that's too bad, i was just thinking our team could use yet another hanzo on offense. whatever shall they pick now?

[mouse cursor drifts slowly towards Widowmaker]
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: July 13, 2016, 06:26:34 PM

I think that's bad.  I think it discourages switching to deal with a problem.  If I switch away from a character I'm good at/enjoy temporarily, to deal with a problem and then intend to switch back, then someone else picks the one I had before, I'm in the future disincentivized to switch characters.  Also, if someone else is already on that character but not dealing with the issue when I think/know I could do it, then I can't.  So, in anything but a premade team, it strongly discourages me from switching except in more extreme situations.  It hurts the fundamental ability to switch at any time in order to deal with the enemy.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #694 on: July 13, 2016, 08:28:53 PM

It's also a ham fisted way of addressing the whines of terrible players. Some maps are great for matches like dual Reinharts, dual Tjorb or bastion and a mercy. Poor players won't switch characters to address the comps and whine LOUDLY about it.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: July 14, 2016, 05:12:39 AM

I think that's bad.  I think it discourages switching to deal with a problem.  If I switch away from a character I'm good at/enjoy temporarily, to deal with a problem and then intend to switch back, then someone else picks the one I had before, I'm in the future disincentivized to switch characters.  Also, if someone else is already on that character but not dealing with the issue when I think/know I could do it, then I can't.  So, in anything but a premade team, it strongly discourages me from switching except in more extreme situations.  It hurts the fundamental ability to switch at any time in order to deal with the enemy.

This is only for competitive mode though.  If you are doing this you should be communicating with your team, and switching would be organized (and be more about what will help the team rather than what is fun for you).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: July 14, 2016, 11:00:48 AM

Rumour is that they realized two Tracers (if not more) are just too hard to counter. Before you just jump in with your probably weightless (I'm sorry) opinion, read around a bit about the recent two-Tracers meta in the pro scene.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #697 on: July 14, 2016, 12:47:01 PM

a large amount of it was probably generally driven by the mass switch/stack teams would do in overtime that also led to the overtime spawn changes and overtime decay rate. mass tracers and lucios and the occasional winston  would just keep brazenly berserking the cap point from spawn in an endless procession of overtime resets.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #698 on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:48 PM

They're also changing overtime to slow down spawns and have it burn off faster. I imagine that'll be good overall but might be annoying if you get hit with a wall of ults when the team rolls into a point.

I find myself enjoying Torj a lot because his primary weapon is actually very good and people in quick match do not respect it. I line it up and lazily fire the left click into the upper starting door on King's Row on Defense and I always get some shitter Hanzo or Widow with headshots right off because they just don't care to move. I also wish people would stop...stop shooting when Reindhardt puts his shield up. No no no, unless you really CAN hit someone else keep shooting that fucking shield because when it breaks he's dead meat.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #699 on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:12 PM

Next I hope they put in a mode where you can't change your character, like in MOBA's.  You made your choice assholes, now live with it!

Been wanting them to put in a one character only mode since launch.  Might actually go back to playing competitive now!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Overwatch  
Jump to: