Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Terminator Genisys 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator Genisys  (Read 33686 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 03:26:39 PM

T1 was fairly restrained (by its budget, mainly), but T2 had lots of ridiculous explosions and stuff that was in there solely because it looked cool.  I'm pretty sure it even had a bus flipping.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

T2 had the silliness of the T1000 driving a truck through a bridge without breaking the axles and continuing to pursue John in the aquaducts. It did not have John Connor flipping in a bus only to be miraculously unharmed and (presumably) run off seconds later. These are different things.  

Robots get to do rule of cool because they're robots and 'more durable.' When people do them you get ultracheese.

End Chase w/ commentary (worth watching) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnawA_hEJTk
Aquaduct chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifkh12R8Wts

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:08:18 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #72 on: December 08, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

James Cameron is a terrible writer but this looks like it took one of the few good stories he did and fucked with it because... reasons.

Yeah, more than you may know. I read in some production memoirs by Cameron that it's canon that SkyNet felt bad about launching all those nukes in a panic when they tried to turn him off and spent a lot of time afterwards regretting it.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 12:04:35 PM

Er....

Those Terminators didn't look like regret.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #74 on: December 08, 2014, 12:25:17 PM

Well he did just come online.  He's an adolescent AI, really.  He's just a bit socially inept and has awkward ways of expressing is love towards others.

I'm sure he'll grow out of it eventually.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:48 PM

Not hard to grow out of the regret.  He had the right of it the first time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 03:37:12 AM

What can change the nature of a man psychotic AI.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 13, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

This might clear things up a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2Agl3bJAc

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #78 on: December 13, 2014, 06:50:41 PM

That made a lot more sense than the original new trailer.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 14, 2014, 10:11:41 AM

So sad.  I feel like this franchise is that ex you dated on and off since high school. 

Crazy awesome in high school.  Week in Mexico with their parents money type awesome.  When you ran into them after college, you had more crazy fun - but you realize that was your last hurrah before growing the heck up.  You walk away with closure and (thank god) no incurable STDs.  Then you run into them in your early thirties and they've heavy on meth.  You try not to remember them like that... and you're glad to see they've got a job and have put themselves back together when you run into them years later.  However, everything they talk about is just crazy conspiracy stuff.  It isn't the same person anymore.  You do the necessary and then move on. 

Now you're in your forties and they're at your door.  You peek through the hole and see a nice outfit that just doesn't fit right - a lot of plastic surgery that didn't quite do the job - and a suitcase with duct tape and a tag where they changed their name to replace an E with an I and an I with a Y.

Keep the lights off.  Don't answer the door.  That chapter is over.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 14, 2014, 11:42:21 AM

Huh, this movie might end up sucking but there is nothing on that trailer that gives me a bad impression.

I am the .00000001428%
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 11:50:06 AM

New trailer's out.  It reveals what I would think of as a pretty big plot development in the movie, so fair warning if you don't want spoilers.  I honestly regret watching it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSxss7gWak
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #82 on: April 13, 2015, 12:19:10 PM

swamp poop

Desire to see movie greatly diminished.  They should've kept that stupidity under wraps.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:53 PM

Taking a more positive outlook: it basically looks like all the story tomfoolery is so they can remake Terminator 2 and that's the best one.

But who am I kidding, it's going to be garbage.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #84 on: April 13, 2015, 01:20:26 PM

While that IS a pretty big spoiler, it seems like something that was going to happen in the first 30 mins to set it up properly. That's a lot of info to have left out that marketing guys were never going to do, because they're morons who don't understand a good reveal AND it would have been leaked the moment the first screener was out there.

I have little faith in anyone's ability to make a decent sci-fi blockbuster these days so I was going to avoid it anyway.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:19 PM

I think I'll just go rewatch the Sarah Connor Chronicles instead.

Over and out.
schild
Administrator

Reply #86 on: April 13, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

This is so stupid it's going to be awesome.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:44 PM

I think I'll just go rewatch the Sarah Connor Chronicles instead.
That's a great idea.  I think I missed the last few episodes, so I need to catch up.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #88 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:38 PM

The reveal of that spoiler is pretty big, but it's the ONLY thing that's made me the slightest bit interested in this. It's a pretty big rewrite of the story. Without it, I was genuinely bored with the other trailers.

Still not sure it's going to be good, but it'll at least be DIFFERENT than I expected.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 13, 2015, 03:12:24 PM

This is so stupid it's going to be awesome.

This

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #90 on: April 13, 2015, 03:52:29 PM

Most movies that are so stupid they're awesome have a certain element of simplicity that makes them work.  It's easy to wreck a good dumb movie by trying too hard, and I could be wrong, but that's the sense I'm getting from this one now. 

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 13, 2015, 04:01:52 PM

I am entirely prepared to be entirely wrong  awesome, for real

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 13, 2015, 05:53:29 PM

I dunno, looks to me like they're embracing what happens when time travel is used as a weapon. Could be fun.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

My opinion has always been that you either need to go all in with a time travel plot or avoid it completely. Time travel plots are lame when they are used to fill out inconvenient areas of plot.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 13, 2015, 06:36:07 PM

Bloodworth it: Auralnauts Trailer

"As soon as you hit the ground you're gonna want to find some pants. I know you can do it, because you already did it."

if at last you do succeed, never try again
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #95 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:10 PM

Seems like that was an inevitable, almost necessary, beat for them to hit if they were going anywhere near the direction they seemed to be. And yeah, it will probably happen in the first 15 minutes.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 13, 2015, 07:03:30 PM

Seems like that was an inevitable, almost necessary, beat for them to hit if they were going anywhere near the direction they seemed to be. And yeah, it will probably happen in the first 15 minutes.

--Dave

No, it's a pretty damn big spoiler that features heavily in the newest trailer.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #97 on: April 13, 2015, 08:32:43 PM

This would be why I stop watching trailers after I have already decided I am going to see something. Still haven't seen any of the trailers for Avengers 2 (I've seen them at 10x speed on TV).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #98 on: April 13, 2015, 10:44:13 PM

swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

So, the ending to Game of Thrones:

The Iron Throne is a T-1000! And so is Sarah! Terminators, Terminators everywhere. It's getting to be like that Oglaf strip:

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 04:16:05 PM

Of course the only innovation in the series left was to
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:09 PM

I thought they did that in Sarah Connor chronicles so it's not totally new ground.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: August 10, 2015, 01:12:58 PM

Finally saw this: I liked it. 'Big Spoiler' took a little more than 30 minutes, but still came fairly early. They did about as good a job of winding it all together as was possible, although there was one bit that was just too damned 'Hollywood Ending'.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: August 10, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: August 10, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 07, 2015, 02:04:27 PM

Due to a lot of ticket sales in China, there may be a sequel to this film.

Friggin China.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Terminator Genisys  
Jump to: