Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 6.0.2 - It's a Trap! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 6.0.2 - It's a Trap!  (Read 117085 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #245 on: December 09, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

Look a page or so ago I was accused of not being a casual player because I was already at 100. Now it's suddenly "easy to get to 100".
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: December 09, 2014, 01:42:03 AM

Look a page or so ago I was accused of not being a casual player because I was already at 100. Now it's suddenly "easy to get to 100".
mmhmm. What I actually said: "1-100 in a month is... not what I'd call casual, but ymmv." How is that 'accusing'? People have different definitions of 'casual'. I personally don't think anyone already running heroics and raids (including MC) at this point is casual, but obviously not everyone thinks that.

The actual point behind both mine and Setanta's post was that the WOD content is probably the best of all expansions so far (including BC and LK), it's fairly painless to get through (I'll take 20 hours of fun over however many hours it took in BC with those terrible quests... or even wotlk with its hundreds of filler quests), and there actually isn't any less of it than any previous expansion. In fact, if you aren't a raider, there's a LOT more things to do now than ever before, and most of them are actually fun (even daily quests are less loathsome than at any point in WOW's history). Debating on the definition of the word 'casual' isn't particularly productive in this context.

e: this is kind of a tangent, but 'casual' is one of those terms that means something different for pretty much everyone. In the wow forums (yeah I know), you have people claiming they're 'casual' for doing hardmode raiding only 2 days a week (but of course you have to spend x more hours to be raid ready). Or 'casual' pvpers getting gladiator with "only a few" games per week. For a lot of people, 'casual' means 'non-raider', even if said 'casual' plays 20+ hours a week. On the other hand, some people use it as a pejorative, ie 'freaking casuals are making my pugs miserable'.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:03:10 AM by Zetor »

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: December 09, 2014, 02:26:39 AM

What is it then?

it's either "well most people aren't 100 yet, even the people in my guild are mostly at 93 -96" as you yourself said not that long ago or it's "fast levelling curve, yada yada everyone is already 100".

If it's the first and if that is the general trend then my point about MC is valid, if it's the latter then well I'm wrong. Don't just change definitions half-way through though just because you disagree with my bashing of MC as content for the 10th anniversary.

Your definition of the term casual is just a tangent here
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: December 09, 2014, 05:07:26 AM

What is it then?

it's either "well most people aren't 100 yet, even the people in my guild are mostly at 93 -96" as you yourself said not that long ago or it's "fast levelling curve, yada yada everyone is already 100".

If it's the first and if that is the general trend then my point about MC is valid, if it's the latter then well I'm wrong. Don't just change definitions half-way through though just because you disagree with my bashing of MC as content for the 10th anniversary.

Wut? Of course it is the first one, since I never said anything resembling your second statement. And yes, people in my guild are still mostly at 93-96.

What definitions did I change? Did I even disagree with your point about MC? Is this bizarro f13? Or.. am I supposed to be some amorphous entity representing all opinions that disagree with you? Ia! Ia!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:49:38 AM by Zetor »

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: December 09, 2014, 05:43:25 PM

What is it then?

Zetor and Setanta are not actually the same person.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:16 AM

But THEY COULD BE !!!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: December 10, 2014, 04:16:36 AM

I know that.

It's just that Zetar keeps teling me that most people still aren't Lvl 100 and probably won't be for some time while Setanta keeps telling me that probably everyone should be 100 right now because levelling is so straightforward and easy.

So I'm somehow both a filthy casual and a filthy hard core player at the same time  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

My point is that I agree with Zetar. This is why I think that MC is not really the right content to celebrate WoW's 10th anniversary. If most people aren't yet 100 then by the time MC ends most people wouldn't have had the opportunity to see and more importantly complete it for the Core Hound mount.

MC might be great (it's probably not though) and it could very well be one puzzle piece of a whole "WoW's 10th anniversary extravaganza" but as it stands the only celebratory content all players have access to is the core hound pup. MC will have ended before most people had the opportunity to experience if they even care for a raid they probably only heard about but never played.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:52 AM

MC is Shit.

Just to clear that up.

It's as bad as it ever was when you had no choice but to run it.  And, frankly, celebrating 10 years by giving you a shit raid that's the only one and you have to run it is just so many layers of Irony I can't handle it.

Watching Pugs die is fun, but the downside is you have to be in those pugs.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: December 10, 2014, 09:17:20 AM

So they imply scaled it up to Level 100.

Is Ragnaros still on the 6 hour clear timer and simply doesn't show up when you take too long to clear? Because that would be hilarious.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:25 AM

I have no idea, the group I was with took hours getting passed a pack of dogs, ffs.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: December 10, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

I think you are reading too much into posts Jeff.

I find this weird. For me, each quest turn in gives me 5% experience. The optional sites are more. With rested XP you can punch through a level quickly by following the quest arrow on your minimap. I played for 2 hours tonight on my prot pally and went from 80% through L90 to hitting L92. So far I haven't left the starting zone in fact the pally only just upgraded to L2 garrison. From my experience with my 2 L100 characters it doesn't get any worse. There was a time when leveling meant that there was horrible growth in how much XP you had to complete in the later levels. That just isn't there anymore.

The quests are fun and I get a kick from zone completion but it's the best experience in leveling I've seen in this game. I actually leveled without noticing how fast it was.

I don't do 2 hours every night and I'm not chasing gear although I did a little research on how to get to the MC entry requirement. I must have been lucky with my MC LFR as we wiped a few times but finished.

I get what you are saying about MC was a bad choice for the 10th anniversary but I'm not so sure I agree that people can't hit 100 - the gearing is more of an issue if like me, you are only just setting foot into Nagrand the rewards aren't close to 615. That's why I had my followers mission for 615 gear whenever it came up.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: December 10, 2014, 03:48:13 PM

MC is Shit.

Just to clear that up.

It's as bad as it ever was when you had no choice but to run it.  And, frankly, celebrating 10 years by giving you a shit raid that's the only one and you have to run it is just so many layers of Irony I can't handle it.

Watching Pugs die is fun, but the downside is you have to be in those pugs.

Having now personally run MC, I sort of have to agree with you, but more from the "this thing didnt really scale well at all" aspect.   Everything is sort of bizzaro world in terms of difficulty for the raid.  By far, the trash (nearly any individual trash group) is harder then almost all of the bosses.

Once your raid can successfully figure out how to kill the corehound packs, the entire rest of the place actually dying is pretty much guaranteed.   It is also very much "LFR" scaled Molten core, since, while most of the mechanics are there, none of them really matter all that much.  Yes, baron bombs will still kill people if you decide to have fun with them, but for the most part, all the bosses have had their teeth pulled.   Most people dont even bother dispelling debuffs on half the fights, and some you can just easily muscle through.   Garr is a perfect example, where you can just have one tank grab all the adds, another tank grab Garr, and then the whole raid burns the boss down.  Golemagg is another one.  I remember the Dot he put on tanks required tank swaps back in the old days.  Now you pretty much completely ignore it.  Or the Majordomo.  Used to be the adds were actually dangerous, and you had to pay attention to which ones had shields up.  Now?  Who cares, just nuke them down.  It was actually kind of sad how easy the whole place is when tuned as LFR, instead of an actual level 100 raid.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: December 10, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

Tuning it to be a real raid takes time and money. No way they'd bother doing that for something that's going to get patched out in a month.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: December 11, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

With majordomo you also had to decide which of his adds die first because of the buff he got when one died.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:34 AM

People die in droves in LFR as is I don't think other than cruelty they would need to make the bosses abilities more powerful. The biggest problem I have seen in there is people insist on trying to skip stuff to "save time" which invariably winds up causing wipe after wipe after wipe down the road as people forget the stuff was not killed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 6.0.2 - It's a Trap!  
Jump to: