Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2014-2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2014-2015  (Read 86466 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: May 22, 2015, 02:15:33 PM

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/toronto-wins-the-great-mike-babcock-sweepstakes/  why so serious?

I'm OK with this, if only because it was a problem we could throw money at and did. I hope they used actual cartoon bags of money with the dollar sign on the sack.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #281 on: June 02, 2015, 07:11:38 PM

So....Finals start tomorrow.

Of course, I'm pulling for Chicago...but only if they put in Timonen for one game. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #282 on: June 02, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

Go Bolts!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: June 03, 2015, 06:44:12 AM

Really can't see the Lightning winning. Chicago is really firing on all cylanders while Tampa has been spotty all over.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: June 03, 2015, 07:32:14 AM

GO HAWKS!!!

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #285 on: June 03, 2015, 07:37:35 AM

Who should I bet on in the series? Probably Chicago right? In how many games?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: June 03, 2015, 08:33:49 AM

If you can get good odds on hawks in 5 I would take that. Otherwise a more conservative 6 or 7 games.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #287 on: June 03, 2015, 08:36:45 AM

If you can get good odds on hawks in 5 I would take that. Otherwise a more conservative 6 or 7 games.

Hawks in 5 is 4-1. Hawks in 6 is the most popular at 3-1.

Hawks in 4 is 10-1 and Hawks in 7 is 4.5-1.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: June 03, 2015, 10:19:40 AM

Yeah you're getting crappy odds,

http://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hockey/nhl/stanley-cup/series-correct-score

So I'd probably go with 6 games, although in general I hate trying to guess the amount of games.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #289 on: June 03, 2015, 10:27:57 AM

I like having something to root for. Although lesser games usually means I know faster.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: June 09, 2015, 12:36:29 PM

Tampa really outplayed the Hawks last night, Hawks need a big rebound. Tampa has a very fast 2 man forecheck that forces the D back to bouncing the puck behind the net, then sending up to a winger on the half boards, but then there's the 3rd Tampa forward waiting to check him, and backed by the D man on the blue line moving in (incase puck gets by, covered by the other 2 forwards who are now heading back). Not a totally original concept, but the Hawks' D have a lot of trouble moving it fast enough to escape it,  even Keith & Seabrook. They just aren't as smooth as say Montreal who I have obviously spent a lot of time watching, just not fast and crisp enough. Hawks will have to adjust quickly, but I think Tampa have exposed a weakness in their D.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: June 15, 2015, 02:45:53 PM

I think the Hawks win tonight, Tampa is limping. All their offence has been running through the triplet line and Johnson is done, really banged up. I know the Rangers especially really targeted him for hitting, may be catching up. Bishop seems to be banged up too.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

In love

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #293 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:11 AM

Yeah you're getting crappy odds,

http://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hockey/nhl/stanley-cup/series-correct-score

So I'd probably go with 6 games, although in general I hate trying to guess the amount of games.

Good call, spot on.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #294 on: June 16, 2015, 09:29:05 AM

KIMMO!! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #295 on: June 24, 2015, 12:18:58 PM

NHL to expand

LV is a no brainer. Sure would be nice to get one in Seattle finally. If not, then I want one in Mesa or Phoenix  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #296 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:32 PM

Have they considered Atlanta when it's not being run by asshole owners?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #297 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:54 PM

Weren't they just talking about contraction not long ago?

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: June 26, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

So.. Soderberg gets slightly more money than he should from Colorado (only about 0.25 per year cap hit more), but manages to get full NTC for two years, then limited NTC for remaining three years.. pretty much spells the end of ROR in Colorado (which is smart; the guy is asking for waaaay too much money). Overall, decent move by the Aves, since they should get a decent return for ROR.

Buffalo, on the other hand, just completed one of the worst trades in recent history; they get Lehner and Legwand for their 21st overall pick (this year). Legwand's a horrible contract (shit, Murray actually said, publicly, he was going to package a bad contract with a goalie..) and Buffalo paid Ottawa for the privilege of taking it. Then there's Lehner. Not a great goalie; he's had two bad years in a row after a really good year.. and has notable concussion issues. Just a horrible, horrible trade, especially since they likely could of gotten Talbot or Lack for the 21st and not have to take on the Legwand contract.. better goalie and no alabtross? Buffalo already looking like it wants Matthews bad.

As an Oiler fan.. it's great, though. Means Anderson won't be coming here (wrong end of his career, bad contract), removes a suitor for starting goalies but doesn't drive up the price because there's still more starters available than jobs for them. Chiarelli saying this morning the Oilers will not be trading the 16th for a goalie is further good news, as well.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: June 26, 2015, 12:02:22 PM

They might have overpaid a bit, but they probably don't value draft picks all that much at this point since they have had so many in the first two rounds of the past two drafts, they are just loaded in prospects and now will add Eichel. They also just maybe have some scouts who really, really like Lehner. Lack & Talbot had good years but are less proven than Lehner so I don't see this being ridiculously controversial, both the Canucks and Rangers want a 1st for their young backups with slim resumes played behind quality defences. Also Lehner's two recent bad years were on Sens teams that were just brutal defensively, so maybe they aren't holding that too heavily against him (look at Dubnyk).
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

Calgary gets Hamilton from Boston for the 15th, 45th, 52nd picks in this years draft.

Unless Hamilton asks for an unbelievable amount of money this is a gargantuan steal for the Flames. Seriously Neely/Sweeney are proving to be horrific managers. How could you take less than the likely offer sheet (that would have had even a chance of working) would have returned?

This is, of course, barring a follow-up trade that somehow results in someone like OEL ending up in Boston, but.. right now? Massive "wtf!?".
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: June 26, 2015, 12:40:20 PM

Yeah no doubt. Hamilton is a STUD. That Calgary d is gonna be great.

This is just an outright steal for Calgary.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: June 26, 2015, 12:59:24 PM

Amazing thing is.. a number of GMs have apprently noted to reporters that they had no idea Hamilton was being shopped, had offered more, or had been asked for more. Stinks of horrible asset management by the Bruins and they got taken out to the woodshed.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: June 26, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

Absolutely. I would imagine a 22yo top pairing & potentially elite dman could command at least 2 1 first from any mid ranked team. 

The bruins fans on the HF forums are losing their collective shit.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: June 26, 2015, 01:06:58 PM

Have they considered Atlanta when it's not being run by asshole owners?

Look Atlanta can get a team as soon as Toronto gets one.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: June 26, 2015, 02:02:20 PM

Looks like Boston has done another trade;

Lucic to the Kings for Martin Jones, a prospect and the 13th overall pick.

Honestly, imo, a much better trade here for Boston. Get a decent, possibly good future goalie, the 13th overall pick and some prospect (Colin Miller) for a player who's best years are behind him. Makes little sense for the Kings, however. Already in cap hell and they get Lucic, likely at the cost of Sekera? Weird day.

Edit: Bruins retain half the cap hit for Lucic..

Also, been confirmed the Oilers offered the 16th, 33rd and 57th pick for Hamilton. Boston wanted them to add Nurse to that. When Chia said no.. they took the 15th, 45th and 52nd from Calgary. So, they took a worse trade out of spite, basically.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:23:43 PM by Ceryse »
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: June 26, 2015, 02:29:15 PM

"for a player who's best years are behind him"

Surely you don't mean Lucic. Hes only 27 and is more than capable of scoring ~60 points on a decent line. Hes just hitting his prime.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: June 26, 2015, 02:31:53 PM

Surely you don't mean Lucic. Hes only 27 and is more than capable of scoring ~60 points on a decent line. Hes just hitting his prime.

I'm admittedly biased against Lucic. I've never really been a fan.

Probably because the Oilers wasted a lot of picks trying to find a Lucic and got a bunch of players who'll never play in the NHL.

Still, he isn't the player he used to be. Maybe a change of scenery is all he needs and he'll be that dominant power forward again.. I doubt it, though, personally. I'll be surprised if he tops 50 points next season.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: June 26, 2015, 06:17:26 PM

I don't think I've seen a GM dismantle a quality team so quickly and deliberately since my poor Expos in the mid-90s, and that was because they had no money...  That's a felony crime scene in Boston to destroy a reasonably competitive team's younger roster talent for a truckload of draft picks. Could be 5-6 years before they pan out, and not guaranteed. Going to be some long and painful winters in Boston. As a Habs fan I am not exactly sad to see this, but still it's something difficult to watch...This is why teams shouldn't be hiring ex-legendary to run things, big egos that eventually take over and are as bad as when owners meddle, I feel like Neely has been behind a lot of the bad moves the past 5 years in Boston, and this multi-car pile up is the end result once the final adult (Chiarelli) was booted out.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: June 26, 2015, 06:18:40 PM

You're missing the green text.  Good trade for Lucic. Looks like a horrible deal for Hamilton.
How the hell does Soderbergh get that money?Huh?  Am I missing something?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: June 26, 2015, 07:07:39 PM

Not sure how I feel about the Oilers trading 16+33 for Reinhart. Not with the talent that had been left on the board with Boston going absolutely bonkers with the 14th and 15th picks. LHD whose progress has stalled a bit and might have skating issues? Ehhh, we'll have to see. Unfortunately, it probably means Marincin is gone.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: June 26, 2015, 07:41:54 PM

Holy shit, Buffalo just got a whole lot better in one day.  I love the Calgary/Boston trade.  It gives the Flames a potential superstar stud defenceman for the cost of draft picks that maybe one day might turn into NHL players...or nothing.  I'll take a deal that gives me a proven NHL player, esp. one like Hamilton, over the potential of a draft pick any day.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: June 27, 2015, 08:38:50 AM

Talbot an Oiler for a smattering of picks (highest being the 57th). Good price for the Oilers, now hopefully he pans out as there isn't a lot of history behind him being a good NHL goalie. Did like how either Slats dramatically over-valued Talbot, or Dreger being the worst insider in recent history (Dreger repeatedly was saying Slats had gotten offers like first round pick +, 2 second rounders + player, etc.).

Calgary is probably the big winner of draft weekend. Oilers a close second (if not first, albeit largely just based on McDavid being that good). Bruins did pick up a lot of good prospects.. some okay ones.. some very risky ones. If they pan out it could change the view of the Hamilton trade, but, man.. right now, Boston is the big loser of draft weekend.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: June 27, 2015, 09:00:25 AM

And then the Oilers get absolutely fleeced by Toronto. God damn. Marincin for Brad Ross (didn't he get suspended for steroid use?) and the 107th pick. Marincin's a decent defender that is likely a year or two from being a top 4 d-man. Ugh. Horrible, horrible trade.

Edit: And then we go and turn around and get Gryba for the 107th pick. I don't know much about Gryba, but other than the fact he's a RHD (which Edmonton is in dire need of since we shipped out Petry...) I don't like this trade at all. Basically Marincin for Gryba and that's.. well, a down-grade from what little I know of Gryba.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:12:27 AM by Ceryse »
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: June 27, 2015, 10:19:35 AM

I don't believe in any goalie until they have 250 or games under them, multiple seasons as a starter, and approaching 30 years old. So many flash in the pans who everyone anoints  as a young start when they are 22, and have a couple of 30 game backup seasons, then they flame out.  Still not even sold on Tuuka Rask as a 7$ million dollar man, regular all-star. That said, good luck with Talbot, at least you didn't pay a huge premium for him given all the hype, hope he pans out.

I really hate to watch any team struggle with bad goaltending. Nothing more painful in hockey to have a  tight game broken open by an unscreened 50 foot wrister, and as someone who plays D myself, it just ruins your fun having to be worried about playing the shot cuz you can't count on your goalie.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2014-2015  
Jump to: