Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2  (Read 19623 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: August 19, 2014, 12:28:42 PM

We got the first day done in time (just) so now we get to do it all again.
Here are the results from Day 1

And here are the fixtures for Day 2

These games should be played by Thursday August 28th please. Note that I'll be somewhere on a Scottish island then without access to Bloodbowl (my laptop is a Mac) so Ingmar will need to validate results and move the day on. I'll be back the following Wednesday.

Here are the rankings so far.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:37:14 PM

What should we do about our game?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:49:21 PM

I'm available for the game all day tomorrow or sat/sun. Not sure if I can squeeze in a game on any other day (but will try if necessary). My tz is (still) UTC+2.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:17:50 PM

OrcBoyz come out to play!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

This could be a tricky one. What is our time difference beetles? Maybe my Sunday your Sat?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:32:02 PM

I sent you all that info on the Steam chat.  Isn't that what the kids are using these days?
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:01:29 PM

Sure thing, I'm GMT, how about you? Weekend looks wide open if you want to fix a time.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 12:06:10 AM

I sent you all that info on the Steam chat.  Isn't that what the kids are using these days?

Oh indeed. I must have left my computer on.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

I may be able to squeeze my game in tonight, if Ulysees is available.
Then I am away for the weekend, available again from Tuesday.

Snuffleorc: Scum Sewer Surfers
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 12:28:25 AM

I may be able to squeeze my game in tonight, if Ulysees is available.
Then I am away for the weekend, available again from Tuesday.

Snuffleorc: Scum Sewer Surfers

Away for the weekend myself too so just depends on timezone. I am UK based so BST but don't have much of a window for BB during the week. I would  have to start the game between 8 and 8.30pm BST if we want to play during a week day.

So what timezone are you in? Had a look in the day 1 thread but didn't see a post from yourself giving that information.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 12:43:00 AM

I am in the UK too - can manage a start between 8 and 8.30pm this evening if you like, .. or next Tuesday.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 01:57:07 AM

Lets see if we can get the game in tonight but if not then definately next Tuesday. I am Ulysees on steam, what is your steam ID please and I can add you when I get home from work.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 04:30:35 AM

Drogg, I have a vague recollection if you being on a wacky timezone? I'm on UK time, and mostly available over the weekend.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:41 AM

Sir T, let us see if we can play within the next few days.  I'm thinking of taking a trip this weekend.  Hot Wood Elf on Wood Elf action!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:39 AM

Sure thing, I'm GMT, how about you? Weekend looks wide open if you want to fix a time.

I am CDT, so right now I am -0500.  I am free afternoon+ on Saturday and all day Sunday.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:44 AM

Drogg, I have a vague recollection if you being on a wacky timezone? I'm on UK time, and mostly available over the weekend.
us, pacific coast - so eight hours difference.  weekend sounds good -  we can do one of those my early afternoon, your evening things, or my evening your morning. 
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:10 AM

Lets see if we can get the game in tonight but if not then definately next Tuesday. I am Ulysees on steam, what is your steam ID please and I can add you when I get home from work.

My Steam login is: mcsnaga
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:48 AM

Sir T, let us see if we can play within the next few days.  I'm thinking of taking a trip this weekend.  Hot Wood Elf on Wood Elf action!

I'm away tomorrow all day but I'm back in the evening. I'll have steam running when I am at the computer till we play (Sir T is my steam name) so look for me there.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 11:39:12 AM

Hmm it's not finidng you Monty - can you try adding me - looking good to be ready in the next hour or so for our match as long as you are.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 11:42:45 AM

Hmm it's not finidng you Monty - can you try adding me - looking good to be ready in the next hour or so for our match as long as you are.

Invite sent
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 01:22:31 PM

Gutted 1 - Scum Sewer Surfers 1

A Nuffle cursed match that cost me a win but jesus did Monty make me work for the draw. I fully expected this to be quite an easy match given the TV difference but boy was I wrong and without checking the stats I can't confirm it and not bothered enough to do so but it felt like I actually got outbashed in this match! Really good play from the league new guy and I think he will make a few of the other coaches sweat to get anything out of their matches.

Game began with me fucking up the setup thinking I had elected to kick not receive I setup to refuse the flanks so was pleasantly surprised to find myself receiving the ball instead. I think it's gonna be one of those seasons for me. Monty had around 400k in inducements and went with a wizard (who worked) babes (which were not needed) and an extra re-roll that came in very handy. So despite a less than ideal setup for my drive I still formed a proper cage and then proceed to do very little in the way of harm to Monty's rats much to my surprise for 8 turns of the first half and though I manage to advance the cage into score range Monty breaks the cage and forces a hasty sideline setup with the route to the endzone marked but luckily for me I was so close to the end zone he couldn't double block the route and on the last turn of the match I blitz the blocking player out of the way and score on my last turn. I had suffered 2 KO's during this half and one woke up on the restart and with no 1 turn possible the other one woke up when the second half kicked off.

Second half was much more interesting and where Nuffle decided to get involved. Monty neatly opened my centre and ran half his team through and despite desperate attempts to stop him a score looks odds on as I have no clear blitz available and Monty has the ball in score range but instead he elects to mark my downed beastman and try to run down an extra turn making it likely that we will end the match in a draw and Nuffle smiles on me as I make the dodge with no rerolls and score the required POW to pop the ball free.

I make a half cage that I think is fairly solid but don't count on the extreme movement allowance of gutter runners and scoring the required pow to knock the ball free again Monty gets the ball out of my hands but then fails his pickup as the ball had fallen in front of 2 of my guys and things are looking up again as my extra arms beastman is unmarked and while I can't protect him when he makes the pickup at least I can carry the ball up the pitch. Never count your chickens is such a wise saying as I fail the pickup. Head in hands I wait for Monty to run in his score but lo and behold Nuffle wants the last laugh as he fails his pickup too! Gleefully I don't bother making any backup plans for a failed pickup cos you know surely nuffle won't screw me twice? Wrong! As I fail another pickup this time there is no 4th chance as Monty makes the pickup and then puts a great screen in place making some vital dodges without rerolls to do so and the score levels on turn 15.

I setup for a 2 turn attempts but can only put 1 guy in score range in the backfield and when he is blitzed down I have to accept the draw and I think that was the fairest result on the night to be honest. Well played Monty and I'll hopefully get a chance of a rematch at some point, this time with my normal 4 re-rolls :)

Match is uploaded
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 11:18:32 AM

Drogg, I guess 10am your time, 6 pm mine on either day would probably work?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:08 PM

Beetles 2-0 over Lovers, Fighters.   

lamaros made a huge brainfart-type blunder early in the game which he realized the second he made it which probably makes it even worse.  And then, in the way Blood Bowl sometimes does, it just spiraled worse and worse from there with injuries to the Chaos team, with an early removal of the Chaos Star Player from the game being perhaps the most demoralizing (plus BORAK is apparently too cool to use an apothecary, unclear if this is a bug or what).

Tainted stats for this tainted game:

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 08:21:59 PM

I made a silly 1D block that I thought was 2D, nuffle made it count with skull rerolled to skull, but from then on it was really just good play from proudft for a deserved win.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 01:49:53 AM

Another day, another tie. 2-2 this time, as I was unable to quite contain the rat bullshit this time around.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 02:13:25 AM

I was expecting to lose this as I have a hard time breaking cages with my Skaven and Ingmar is a very strong player. He started us off by kicking to me, I tried to contain him without getting too tangled up while my Sure Hands thrower failed unmodified pickup rolls for tw turns in a row. Finally, I got my hands on the ball and disengaged enough to make a pass and run play to score at the midpoint of the first half. I kicked back to Ingmar and he bashed through my defenders to even the score at halftime.

The second half was exciting. Ingmar had a numerical superiority along with his block advantage but chose to run the ball down to my endzone with two wolves instead of the full cage. As a result, I had a couple of opportunities to take the ball (which failed on GfIs) and he was forced to score earlier than he really wanted to, giving me four turns to equalise. I did equalise despite failing more Sure Hands pickups on a clean ball. At one point it looked as though Ingmar would take the lead when his wolf came down to threaten my butter-fingered catcher but a dodge and a pickup saved the day and I made another pass and run play to even the score with two turns left. Ingmar tried another running play to grab a last minute winner but I blitzed his unsupported Wolf and threw the ball to an empty square behind his line to put it out of range for his last turn, he went to get it anyway but fumbled a pass to get it out of my way and left me a slim chance to grab the ball and make a long throw to a Gutter Runner in scoring range. Sadly I failed the dodge needed to reach the ball and that was that, 2-2 at the whistle.

No serious injuries for the Necro team, one dead linerat who is now a zombie and one MNG linerat for the Skaven.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:18:13 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 09:51:58 AM

To be clear that pass was not to get it out of your way, but to throw to my Agi 4 wight, who would theoretically hand off to the other wight, who was in range of a 2-go-for-it/3 dodge score.  why so serious?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 06:22:21 AM

Drogg, I'm much busier than I expected this weekend, but can alarm clock it tomorrow. What time is the latest you can start your Sunday night?

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 11:15:23 AM

Avaia,

Been trying to get you for some time. Unless we play shortly, not sure we'll make the deadline with our timezone differences.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

I can play most of the time, don't worry.  I am brewing my 15 gallon of beer at the moment.  Consumption usuall chases brewing, so....
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 11:10:04 PM

Drogg, I'm much busier than I expected this weekend, but can alarm clock it tomorrow. What time is the latest you can start your Sunday night?
argh i should've checked this earlier but i kept expecting to see you come online, my fault!

it would unfortunately probably be now - i've got an early morning tomorrow.  luckily i'm sick enough that i can probably call in a sick day any day except tomorrow, so if there's a day/time this work week that your can wrangle let me know.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

that said, i'll linger another 30 minutes on steam just in case.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:23 AM

Couldn't seem to catch you online this weekend Sir T.  Are you free tonight?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:43 PM

Wolven, I'm having a little bit of trouble finding you on Steam. What's your id?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 04:59:40 PM

Tick tock!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2  
Jump to: