Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2  (Read 19349 times)
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

i'm taking tomorrow off as a sick day, eldaec - happy to squeeze in our match then whenever its convenient.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 06:51:13 AM

Ruvaldt's Chaos team smashed my Theorists to pieces in a 2-0 win for them. My star player did its best to earn the MVP by leaving the field on turn 1 (KO, luckily back in game later) but the minotaur was outdone by my level 3 chaos warrior who managed to kill himself with rerolled double skulls despite apo trying to ruin his great performance (I think the mvp would have gotten him level 4...if he only had lived). 1-1 tie was actually 1 move away at one point but then Ruvaldt showed how his beastmen would put the most agile elves into shame with their ball handling skills.

edit: despite all my whining I always enjoy playing against Ruvaldt awesome, for real
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:31:14 AM by satael »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:37 AM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 0 Chaos String Theorists

I chose to receive so that I could get some good first shots in, hoping to knock out Satael's big TV pieces such as his mino and his star player.  I knew that if I didn't act quickly I could end up with a player disadvantage since I don't have a bench.  He put both of them on the line of scrimmage, which is exactly what I was hoping for, and I had a chance to hit them both with my clawpombs, which resulted in Blackhoof getting KOd, and his mino being stunned.  After that I had free reign for a few turns and managed to cage my way up to the endzone.  Satael did a good job keeping pressure on me and forced me to score on turn 6, which gave him three turns to equalize.  Or at least that's what we thought.

Satael gets all of his KOs back so we're at square one for number of pieces on the pitch.  I kicked off, and we get a riot kickoff event, which moves the turn count forward by one, meaning that Satael now only has two turns to score.  He managed to move a beastman into a position from which he could possibly score, but due to a frenzy and lack of block on his star player he turned over before he could pick up the ball.  I pushed his beast further up the field so that he couldn't score with it, and then did a little blocking.  In Satael's final turn he tried to block Millard Fillmore with a chaos warrior, but got some poor blocking dice, and as a result Millard killed the chaos warrior.

I kicked off the second half and Satael's luck seemed to have turned.  He worked up field, knocked out some of my pieces, and I failed a dodge as I was blitzing his blockless ball carrier, which put him in great position to score.  He then knocked out Millard Fillmore, giving him -1 AGI, which I rerolled as a Miss Game injury.   Things looked pretty dire as I moved Calvin Coolidge in to touch his ball carrier that was one square away from my endzone.  What followed was one of the wildest set of circumstances I've seen in a few seasons.  Satael blitzed Calvin Coolidge so that he could presumably move in to score or stall, but got both downs, rerolled, and then both downs again on a blockless blitzer ending his turn.  I then blitzed his ball carrier, knocked out the ball, the ball bounced into Calvin's hands, and I moved back up field, putting together an impromptu cage.

I spent the rest of the half getting players knocked off the field with KOs and injuries, and ended up having 8 versus his 11 on the pitch, which was pretty hair raising.  I dodged like I've never dodged before with this team though, and managed to get Calvin free and clear on Satael's end of the field then scored on my last turn.  Hell of a game.  Nuffle seemed to have it out for Satael, but he did a great job mitigating it as much as he could.  I go into my next match down a clawpomb, which definitely complicates matters.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

It is Wolvens Requiem,

I just sent you a friend request. I'll be free for a game whenever you are really!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 04:33:56 PM

It is Wolvens Requiem,

I just sent you a friend request. I'll be free for a game whenever you are really!

Ok, I'll have a look once I get home from work. Are you in the f13 BloodBowl group?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:27 PM

It is Wolvens Requiem,

Ok, I'll have a look once I get home from work. Are you in the f13 BloodBowl group?

Nope.. By invitation only!!

How far ahead of GMT are you?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:32 PM

I'm GMT+10 =3

Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 26, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

I'm GMT+10 =3

Ok I'll aim to be around at about 9am here, so about 7pm for you?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 26, 2014, 05:50:55 PM

Sounds about right.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

Validated Ruvaldt/Satael. I see 4 games left to play and only 2 days left on the deadline, so get cracking.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:44 PM

Validated Ruvaldt/Satael. I see 4 games left to play and only 2 days left on the deadline, so get cracking.

Am trying! Avaia, cannot do tonight, so Thursday night (my time) is our last chance. You free.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 11:00:10 PM

eldaec i may do one more sick day tomorrow but after that we'll probably have to delay until the weekend unless you've got some odd hours free :( let me know!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #47 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:55 AM

According to Steam last night, Sir T hasn't been on in over 3 days.  I hope some terrible Irish accident hasn't befallen him!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 27, 2014, 12:35:33 AM

I've been offline because of a house move last couple of days - hoping things will be sorted this evening, but will post once I know.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 01:06:00 AM

Sorry man, been not very well (my meds have been adjusted up, yayness) I'll be on all this evening if you kick the lard out of my poor elves today.

Hic sunt dracones.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 27, 2014, 02:52:15 AM

Khorne v Chaos game played, 2-0 to Khorne. I'll upload rep once I get BBmanager working.

* edit: and done.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:00:57 AM by Megrim »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

In a dance contest of the Romanov Ballerinas vs the Ballyjamesduff Miners Clog Dancers, the Ballerinas came away 5 - 0. :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:42:27 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 27, 2014, 11:38:44 AM

Hippies 5 - 0 Kawaii

Some humorously bad dice rolls.  Especially when Sir T 3 die blocked one of my guys, with no rerolls, and rolled 3 skulls.  No permanent injuries on either side though!

However, Blood Bowl manager wont load for me, and I can't get the replay uploaded.  Sounds like Megrim had some problems as well, so guess I'll keep trying.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:10 AM

Am trying! Avaia, cannot do tonight, so Thursday night (my time) is our last chance. You free.

Should be doable.  What time?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

OK, online for the next few hours, if that doesn't work, PC is operational again so can schedule something.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 03:46:58 PM

Um, also, I may possibly traveling for two weeks straight starting Friday.  So if we could get the day shifted, and I play who ever I'm against in the next 24 hours, that would be greeeeeeeaat. 

awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 27, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

Hippies 5 - 0 Kawaii

Some humorously bad dice rolls.  Especially when Sir T 3 die blocked one of my guys, with no rerolls, and rolled 3 skulls.  No permanent injuries on either side though!

However, Blood Bowl manager wont load for me, and I can't get the replay uploaded.  Sounds like Megrim had some problems as well, so guess I'll keep trying.

I had to re-install mine to fix it.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:26 PM

OK, online for the next few hours, if that doesn't work, PC is operational again so can schedule something.
the one meeting i had, alas!  name a time tomorrow, preferably after 6 PM GMT-8, and i'll be there.  if that can't work, i can try to take a long lunch break around 12, maybe?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:01 AM

Not sure which day is tomorrow in that context, can play late tonight my time, from about 11pm 28th August. Or can do from 6pm on the 29th.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 28, 2014, 09:34:01 AM

Not sure which day is tomorrow in that context, can play late tonight my time, from about 11pm 28th August. Or can do from 6pm on the 29th.
if i'm doing the math right, your 11 pm is my 4 pm - i'll still be at work.  if you want to play at your 1am: my 6pm, we can try for that tonight; alternately, i can try for your ~8 pm tomorrow.  i'll take a long lunch break  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 28, 2014, 10:12:38 AM

I'll check if you are online before I go to bed, but 8pm tomorrow sounds more likely.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:37 AM

Today is theoretically the deadline, but given that Iain is traveling anyway, I'll extend it until the end of the weekend if needed.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 28, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

Nurgle over Orcs, 2-0.  No injuries of note.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 28, 2014, 01:15:28 PM

Some humorously bad dice rolls.  Especially when Sir T 3 die blocked one of my guys, with no rerolls, and rolled 3 skulls. 

Actually, you might have mentioned that Morg rolled triple skulls, then double skulls, then a single skull when called on to block someone with triple, double and single dice.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 28, 2014, 01:33:06 PM

In another hilariously bad dice rolling game I lose 2-0 to Avaia. Literally every bad roll that could've been made, was made. The only time that wasn't true was when I had half my team off the pitch and I tried a 2d against block and managed to recover the ball for a reasonable chance at equalising (which Nuffle then shat all over).

Also, second game in a row where I was unable to get my Black Orc with guard on the pitch, it refused to allow me to replace a Lineman with him which screwed me over before the game even began. Second half was exactly the same.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 28, 2014, 02:40:35 PM

I'll check if you are online before I go to bed, but 8pm tomorrow sounds more likely.
sounds good - the missus is trying to get us to go on a dinner date tonight so i'll plan for the latter time, though will check in once i'm home tonight regardless.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:18 PM

Down to the last match!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 29, 2014, 12:02:59 PM

Down to the last match!

Thanks for waiting - online now and hopefully will be able to get this on shortly.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:22 PM

Down to the last match!

Thanks for waiting - online now and hopefully will be able to get this on shortly.
hi eldaec! meeting ran long but i'll be online in probably 15 minutes.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 12:35:07 PM

np

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 2  
Jump to: