Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: New Thor will be a woman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Thor will be a woman  (Read 77379 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 02, 2014, 01:55:28 PM

Yep!

Younger folks are probably also more likely to just toss it on their phone then find physical copies.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 03, 2014, 08:23:57 PM

That's really good to hear that Ms. Marvel is getting new readers. I think the book deserves a good audience.

I read Original Sin: Loki and Thor last week and I really can't wait to see what happens with this new arc, although I have to admit that Loki is far more interesting. I think this is the best Marvel Loki to date (missed kid Loki though so I can't comment on him). I think he's even better than MCU Loki and I can't believe that I wrote that either.  awesome, for real
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:16 AM

Though I think he's influenced by the MCU Loki--there's a nice synergy that has allowed him to really become an interesting character in both contexts. Simonson's Loki had glimmerings of a personality beyond "I am evil and nasty" but the post-Siege Loki and how he's been developed is way beyond that.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 17, 2014, 01:16:27 PM

Read this weeks issues of Thor and OS: Thor and Loki read like preludes to the next big event, one I'm actually interested in.  awesome, for real

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:16 PM

As a #1 issue, which one would assume to be the jumping on point for new readers interested in seeing what this female Thor is all about, it reads more like an Original Sin tie-in issue (and I haven't read any of OS) with the new Thor only showing up on the final page. The rest of the book is very exposition heavy and clunky. I'm not sure which Thor is meant to be the start of this book (or if both of them are), but ultimately neither of them is done justice here. One is barely seen and the only spends most of the issue despondent and trying to lift his hammer, and when he finally gives up on that to fight Malekith and some Frost Giants who are attacking an undersea Roxxon facility, he's rapidly dispatched. There's potential in a largely depowered Thor using a large axe as a weapon as an almost Conan-style character, but in this issue at least it's completely wasted.

After all the marketing, and the speculation that they might be trying to interest female readers with this new Thor, I'm just very surprised this is the issue they launched with. Probably perfectly ok for people already following Thor and who read OS but a huge mess from drawing any new readers in.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 02, 2014, 03:08:47 AM

Honestly I didn't like it for the reasons you mentioned and I've been following the previous run along with OS. Hopefully it gets better.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 02, 2014, 09:09:52 AM

So what did Thor do to lose the ability to lift the hammer?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #112 on: October 02, 2014, 12:00:33 PM

Unknown. Apparently in Original Sin Nick Fury whispered something to Thor that caused him to drop the hammer and be unable to pick it back up.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014, 01:45:26 PM

Oh shit.  Fury found out his truename.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 03:28:29 PM

Over and out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: New Thor will be a woman  
Jump to: