Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: New Expansion - Nightmare Tides 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Expansion - Nightmare Tides  (Read 5057 times)
dd0029
Terracotta Army

on: June 25, 2014, 12:11:56 PM

So, the first teasers are starting to go up for the new expansion.

The only new information is in the "Nightmare Tide" section and then only the last 5 paragraphs.

Bullet points:
New rifts - Nightmare rifts, apparently unending. Don't really get the draw there.
Minions - something like the duty officers in Star Trek.
5 new levels - calling based rather than soul based.
New equipment slots - - you can unlock them for free per character by some sort of nebulous in game actions or unlock for the account by buying the digital upgrade. Those by account things outside of the soul packs have been extremely expensive, so enjoy the grind.

The real gem is in this clusterfuck of a bad idea: "The current plan is to ensure that the best gear in the game today lasts you all the way to level 65 – and a bit beyond." - Hey, if you're bored doing the same raids you've been doing for the past two years, don't worry, you'll still need to do them with 5 more levels and another year later!

The minion thing might be interesting. People liked the Star Trek version and WoW likes it enough to steal it with their own new expansion.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:40 PM

The impression that I get is that they don't have a big enough team to pull off a meaty expansion at this point. This appears to be as much of an "expansion" as the last two SWTOR expansions: a small content patch with a level cap increase.

Definitely sad that Rift has fallen so far.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

Haven't been on Rift in a while.  Going to log in tonight and get back on that leveling horse.  Looking forward to messing around with the minions, love that about STO.  I've gotten used to Rift, so everything is actually quite pleasant to play now (as long as I don't group).  As for the gear, I don't sweat that too much; I play because I like how my rogue works and I'm still exploring new content.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: New Expansion - Nightmare Tides  
Jump to: