Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:56:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fargo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fargo  (Read 6653 times)
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 01, 2017, 02:24:25 PM

The last two episodes were pretty good. I watched them both last night.

One thing I don't understand:

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 01, 2017, 03:22:17 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 07:05:04 PM

I'm at episode 6 and loving this series. It's a really long high-quality Fargo movie. The acting is fucking awesome.

"The more we talk about less important things, the less we talk about more important things."
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 22, 2017, 10:42:16 AM

Season finale was last night and it was great.

Outstanding show. Ewan MacGregor really did well, as did Carry Coon and David Thewlis.

The bowling alley was probably the weirdest part of the series, but so very cute.

Mr. Wrench (the deaf guy) was pretty awesome.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 22, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

Bowling Alley was a Big Lebowski nod.

Great show.  Sad it might be the last one (might).  However, F that ending.  Not my cup of team.  There are only two ways I could respond to that ending.

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 12:59:05 AM

Ballsy ending. This season was all over the place, but I enjoyed it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 08:50:20 AM

I still never got the feeling that Emmit and Syd deserved the fate they got like in previous seasons.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

I finally got finished binging the season. Holy shit, brilliant.

As for Emmit and Sy not deserving what they got, I'm not sure it's about that. Their story was about not only the corruption of a good man, but the corrupting influence of money, while Gloria's story was about discovering that she exists.

The ending:

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 10:21:15 PM

The ending was obviously referencing Lord of War, IMO. Where Yuri Orlov was rubbing his captor's nose in the fact that all of his efforts were no more than an unknowing commercial maneuver, a negotiating tactic, V. M. Varga was pretty much telling Gloria that her entire career was a sham, that he was too powerful and the system too corrupt for anything resembling justice.

Fuck spoilers at this point, if you're reading this without having seen the final episode, you have no room to bitch.

--Dave

--Jello Biafra: "If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve."
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 10:46:37 PM

Was looking forward to more Swango/Wrench. Sad. That said, Varga went down. Or if he didn't, he ends up a dead footnote if there are future seasons.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 03, 2017, 04:25:11 PM

Anyone thinking Varga went down is an optimist. Anyone thinking he walked is a realist.

The show is not perfect, but it is on my top 5 shows of all time. I hope they find inspiration for a 4th season.

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #81 on: July 03, 2017, 10:53:44 PM

I've ratfucked enough people in this life to be a realist.

I've also ratfucked people in real life without them knowing it to know that sooner or later, Varga's gonna piss off someone with the right connections and the wrong attitude.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fargo  
Jump to: