Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fargo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fargo  (Read 33423 times)
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

The last two episodes were pretty good. I watched them both last night.

One thing I don't understand:

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:17 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 05:05:04 PM

I'm at episode 6 and loving this series. It's a really long high-quality Fargo movie. The acting is fucking awesome.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 22, 2017, 08:42:16 AM

Season finale was last night and it was great.

Outstanding show. Ewan MacGregor really did well, as did Carry Coon and David Thewlis.

The bowling alley was probably the weirdest part of the series, but so very cute.

Mr. Wrench (the deaf guy) was pretty awesome.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 22, 2017, 12:45:02 PM

Bowling Alley was a Big Lebowski nod.

Great show.  Sad it might be the last one (might).  However, F that ending.  Not my cup of team.  There are only two ways I could respond to that ending.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 10:59:05 PM

Ballsy ending. This season was all over the place, but I enjoyed it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 06:50:20 AM

I still never got the feeling that Emmit and Syd deserved the fate they got like in previous seasons.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 08:07:10 PM

I finally got finished binging the season. Holy shit, brilliant.

As for Emmit and Sy not deserving what they got, I'm not sure it's about that. Their story was about not only the corruption of a good man, but the corrupting influence of money, while Gloria's story was about discovering that she exists.

The ending:

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 08:21:15 PM

The ending was obviously referencing Lord of War, IMO. Where Yuri Orlov was rubbing his captor's nose in the fact that all of his efforts were no more than an unknowing commercial maneuver, a negotiating tactic, V. M. Varga was pretty much telling Gloria that her entire career was a sham, that he was too powerful and the system too corrupt for anything resembling justice.

Fuck spoilers at this point, if you're reading this without having seen the final episode, you have no room to bitch.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 08:46:37 PM

Was looking forward to more Swango/Wrench. Sad. That said, Varga went down. Or if he didn't, he ends up a dead footnote if there are future seasons.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 03, 2017, 02:25:11 PM

Anyone thinking Varga went down is an optimist. Anyone thinking he walked is a realist.

The show is not perfect, but it is on my top 5 shows of all time. I hope they find inspiration for a 4th season.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #81 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:44 PM

I've ratfucked enough people in this life to be a realist.

I've also ratfucked people in real life without them knowing it to know that sooner or later, Varga's gonna piss off someone with the right connections and the wrong attitude.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 16, 2020, 02:40:51 PM

4th season is coming, but was just delayed.  I learned about the 4th season coming when I learned it was delayed, so bitter sweet.  This is my top TV show of all time at this point.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 28, 2020, 07:42:44 AM

Fargo is back - first episode of Season 4 was last night.  I have yet to watch it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 28, 2020, 03:01:25 PM

First 2 eps were last night.  Interesting, but I have no idea where they are going with it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #85 on: September 28, 2020, 09:21:24 PM

Yeah. There’s a lot of tangents in this one.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 28, 2020, 09:26:47 PM

...unlike the prior seasons?  This show is nothing but tangents for 3/4 of the season until you see how they connect.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 29, 2020, 01:42:54 PM

Ya, but this one seemed more overstuffed than usual.

-H.L. Mencken
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 13, 2020, 12:30:47 PM

Great episode this weekend. All of the characters are developing well and the story is moving forward.

My favorite scene:

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #89 on: November 28, 2020, 10:00:14 AM

I'm 3 episodes into this season and they are still introducing characters. I cannot stress enough how this show tends to just flout all the rules of long-form storytelling and succeed at it. Also, pretty amazing how many name/recognizable actors they get to do this show. I shouldn't be surprised as it's clear that actors wanting to stretch themselves creatively these days need to be working on the Netflix/Amazon Prime/FX level of streaming shows. I loved Timothy Oliphant as the Mormon marshall - lots of meta humor with that casting plus he is one of the best at delivering those kinds of lines. The guy playing Guitano is just amazingly hammy but it works on this show.

DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 30, 2020, 12:52:45 PM

I loved Timothy Oliphant as the Mormon marshall

I liked that he was also a Marshal at around the same time in the Mandalorian. In the Mandalorian, he looks super skinny compared to how he looks in Fargo. I think the trenchcoat helps him fill space.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: December 01, 2020, 11:47:20 AM

This past Sunday was the season finale of Season 4. I enjoyed the season. Good characters, good acting, engaging story. Chris Rock did a good job with a serious character. They always seem to get the best out of the top billed actors and actresses in this show. The sex scenes were cringy and awkward and there was a ton of smoking on the show.

My favorite character was a toss up between the Irishman and the Marshal. The damaged cop was interesting too.

The very end of the episode tied this season to previous ones:

I'm looking forward to the next season.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 12:03:03 PM by DevilsAdvocate25 »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 01, 2020, 12:29:39 PM

I'd be surprised if there is another season.

This season was alright. Kinda fizzled at the end and I thought the entirety of the Fadda side of things was a waste of time and seriously miscast. Should have spent way more time on the Cannon side.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fargo  
Jump to: