Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Random Intrawebs Advice Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Intrawebs Advice Thread  (Read 19891 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 04, 2014, 01:32:19 AM

It's that bad, eh? awesome, for real

Alright, I think I have an innocuous one.  My shower heads have less force than they did ten years ago.  They are both in one shower and tee from the same pipe.  I did take off the one that I use and shake out some bits, but I don't know why the second one is slow since I hardly ever use it.  Same lack of pressure between hot and cold.  Maybe the whole house has dropped?  Not sure what I need to look at.

How old is the house. It's possible if you have iron pipes they have become so corroded yours water pressure has dropped. More likely you should just take off the head and let it run a minute and see how the pressure is without it. One nice thing about older homes is they dont have low flow faucets in the kitchen.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 05, 2014, 03:15:44 AM

So we have decided that we are actually going with the overlapping fence solution.  Done right, the slats on each section of fencing (they are pre-fabricated sections that you simply screw into the posts) should overlap, creating an impenetrable barrier against wanton nudity.  Four or five sections should do it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:38 AM

So we have decided that we are actually going with the overlapping fence solution.  Done right, the slats on each section of fencing (they are pre-fabricated sections that you simply screw into the posts) should overlap, creating an impenetrable barrier against wanton nudity.  Four or five sections should do it.

Why wouldn't a webcam with the URL emailed to her kid's house work?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 05, 2014, 03:55:26 AM

There is no way on earth she has kids.  At least not ones that survived.  Have I not been describing her thoroughly enough?  I guess I never explicitly stated she was alone in there.  It is possible that she has a former husband in there, in the form of a corpse.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #74 on: May 05, 2014, 06:02:37 AM

How old is the house. It's possible if you have iron pipes they have become so corroded yours water pressure has dropped. More likely you should just take off the head and let it run a minute and see how the pressure is without it. One nice thing about older homes is they dont have low flow faucets in the kitchen.

11.5 years, copper pipes.  However I have never changed the anode in the water heater.  I'm not sure I am up to soldering copper pipes, else I'd have exchanged the heater already.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #75 on: May 05, 2014, 06:19:40 AM

11.5 years, copper pipes.  However I have never changed the anode in the water heater.  I'm not sure I am up to soldering copper pipes, else I'd have exchanged the heater already.

Could drop $15 on a pressure gauge and hook it up to a valve (easiest indoor would be the washer cold water valve) and see if it is your supply line or something in the house. Pretty sure you can also do it for the hot water as well to test the pressure routing through the tank. That might give you an idea if the tank is the culprit or not. I don't do plumbing stuff since sweating pipes I can't seem to do properly. But general stuff that screws together I am ok with.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #76 on: May 05, 2014, 06:29:24 AM

Interestingly, water pressure is extremely high for the past few days.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #77 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:52 AM

Interestingly, water pressure is extremely high for the past few days.

Which could be bad if something dislodged and is constricting flow, but only if the pressure was higher than before all this happened in the first place.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #78 on: May 05, 2014, 06:57:41 AM

Start cutting pipes.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21:23 AM

Start cutting pipes.
And make sure to keep us updated with lengthy writeups, plskthnx.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #80 on: May 05, 2014, 10:38:56 AM

The pressure rises and falls from time to time.  I blame the county.  It does make it difficult to find a baseline for measurement.

I might cut pipes if this was (C)PVC but I'm not ready for copper.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: May 05, 2014, 11:05:14 AM

Clearly there's a break somewhere and rats have crawled in.  The pressure decrease when they are fiddling about, blocking flow and increases when they are gone.

You need to heat the pipes and burn those fuckers out.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #82 on: May 05, 2014, 11:31:10 AM

Baby gators.

Also, going back a bit: I'm also coming around to the idea of HOAs. As my neighbor cuts down the 60'+ tall pine that was healthy and straight as an arrow. After cutting down all the other six pines on his lot. After cutting all the branches (JUST the branches) off his large mature cherry tree that blossomed like crazy. And nailing bird feeders to it.

He's also a slumlord applying that special brand of 'property improvement' to his place, just killing the value but thinking he's sitting on a gold mine.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 05, 2014, 01:05:28 PM

HOAs are great until you have your rates raised every year for 7 years straight with no improvement in service. It costs me $65 more a month than it did when I moved in. That and if there is a board, it is generally controlled by geriatrics with nothing better to do than stick their noses in people's business and continually vote themselves into board positions until they die.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #84 on: May 05, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

Raising prices? you guys made the mistake of giving that power directly to the board? Hilarious.

Get involved, get voted in along with a few neighbors.  Then change the rules so you need homeowners votes to do big things, rather than a board majority.  My dad did this in the neighborhood I grew up.  The old board hated him but the community was happier for it.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #85 on: May 05, 2014, 02:44:51 PM

Fuck that. Bend the current members of the HoA to your will with a healthy combination of blackmail and sexual favors.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #86 on: May 05, 2014, 06:20:00 PM

Oh right forgot what thread this was.

Blackmail is too 1990s.  Go for the gusto and create a smear page using one of the other members name to register the site.  Bonus points if you can hook the local news station's "scam investigator" in some method., embarrassing both the station and the HOA. 

Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 05, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

This sounds like a job for the Koch Brothers!

Tea Party SuperPAC to take control of the HOA?  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 01:16:14 PM

Have Nerf move into the HOA and use him as a pawn in your bid for power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #89 on: May 06, 2014, 07:14:37 PM

You guys are looking at all these problems the wrong way. Crazy naked oiled up cat ladies, ants, home owner associations, and neighbors in general can all be dealt with easily. Build yourself a microwave gun and just zap them all. Eventually they'll all die or be hospitalized so it's win/win. You don't even need to say a word to them, thus avoiding bringing attention to yourself. Just to create false trails you should probably zap some random strangers around too.

If you're not up for that try mailing the ants from Georgia to Cyrrex. Then he can just dump the all over her yard. Better yet, you Texans should mail him some fire ant colonies. They're a lot more bitey than anything from Georgia, and what would be less suspicious than an outbreak of Southwest American ants in one yard in Denmark. Or maybe get some tubes of genital lice from that place that sells genital lice online to people who want to use them for revenge. Put them on her lawn furniture and enjoy the spectacle of her furiously clawing at her crotch in front of the whole neighborhood.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 07, 2014, 06:56:28 AM

Put major appliances on their own circuit, ffs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Random Intrawebs Advice Thread  
Jump to: