Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hotfix/Patch thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hotfix/Patch thread  (Read 55524 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

on: March 29, 2014, 06:51:21 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12319691934#1

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:15 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12248364816?page=3

This thread is detailing the issue I had with the game crashing and black screening. It's something they are looking into for a hotfix.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:51:40 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12319691934#1

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Wish we had numbers to judge whether or not to slog through T2 or stay in T1 with better kill rate.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

Did this happen already? not sure if  should be hoarding still.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:52 PM

I dunno.. blew through all mine and didn't even get a yellow item. I feel cheated.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

The change is in, yeah. Not even a yellow item, Merusk? That's kind of amazing. Almost every item I get is yellow, rarely a blue, very rarely a green/legendary (which was nil until the hotfix.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 07:14:49 PM

60-40 split yellow to blue here - and still a shit ton of barbarian belts

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

I'm roughly 80% yellows, 1 Blackthornes Chest which was nice until I accidentally sharded and lost about 10% dps and toughness.

But yeah, overall, you're better off farming Adventure mode on normal. Split up from the others, complete an act. Then, at the end, port in to each area check the map for legendaries that dropped and move on to the next game.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

I get pretty much all yellows from the gambling lady. No legendaries from her, but only like ... two blues ever, too.

God Save the Horn Players
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:56 AM

Gambling lady has been an utter waste of fucking time for me.

Blues/Yellows.  Shit ones at that.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 09:26:47 AM

Just yellows for me.  Nothing but yellows.  Did they lower the drop rate for legendaries on master in addition to the buff to torment drop rates?  Last night is just about the only one I can remember not getting a single legendary to drop.   My witchdoctor still takes forever to kill anything, so I'm not sure torment will be advisable yet.

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:33 AM

Just do Torment 1 in a group.  I've turned my monk into a support role character. I keep other people alive to kill shit for me. Can you do things like that with the WD?

Rasix

Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:48 AM

We've got buffs, debuffs, control.  Pretty easy to switch to a support role.   However, the pickings for human beings can be a bit slim during my hours.  awesome, for real

I may just also be underestimating what I can do.  What's good on paper numbers for doing torment 1?

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:24 AM

I made a glass cannon wizard build I got up to 812k dmg not including arcane/spell specific dmg but I've since scaled back to around 710 because the survivability was just too low with current gear.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:11 AM

We've got buffs, debuffs, control.  Pretty easy to switch to a support role.   However, the pickings for human beings can be a bit slim during my hours.  awesome, for real

I may just also be underestimating what I can do.  What's good on paper numbers for doing torment 1?

I would say based on my experience at least 200 to 300k dps, and 3 to 4 million toughness.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

If you're playing your WD, take the Fetish Sycophants passive and use vampire bats to generate a zillion of them.

Then you want to find items that give +% to physical damage (for the pet damage) and concentrate on getting your toughness up.

I can solo T2/T3 at 230k sheet dps, 6.5M toughness. My sheet dps is kind of meaningless since all my damage comes from pets.

The final piece to this build is the mask of jeram to get the +90% pet damage modifier.

Right now with my fairly shitty setup my fetishes hit for 750k, and with the various debuffs/buffs I have going they will get up to 1.2-1.4M crits.

Here's my setup. (which doesn't show the rerolled stats on most items.) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nijasan-1781/hero/41768423

Also note that I don't always run with wrathful protector - I usually use zombie dogs, but I was grouped with another WD using the same build and too many dogs out blocks the fetishes from pathing to the mobs.
Rasix

Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:25 AM

Here  is what I'm currently running.  It's a lazy build based off my leveling build.  Only really lovely piece of gear I have is the legendary dagger.  Gloves have proved useful as well.

It works well enough clustering most crap up around the dog and garg.  Then just drop the piranhas (usually run tornado, was messing about with the zombie fish), and spam the barf cloud.  Thinking I don't really need the health boost for the extra dog.  Since the pets rarely ever die, and never before the timer is up for resummoning.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 10:16:38 AM

Zombie fish is an odd one - I tried it and it didn't seem to have much of a difference.

I just LOVED Bogodile tho.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 11:09:43 AM

Pirahnas is a great skill, even without the amazing bogodile animation. 15% bonus damage on things it hits is really great in a group.

Here's what I'm at right now, I'm able to snooze through Torment I for the most part, I should probably be doing harder stuff:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thorgrim-1313/hero/589774

My re-enchants don't show on there yet I see.

I ended up ditching Fetish Sycophants for the passive that makes locust swarm and pirahna bonus damage never fall off the targets, it's pretty great in rifts when you've got locusts ticking away on every dude on the screen, and the 15% bonus permanence is great for bosses because they tend to teleport around and the debuff falls off if you don't have it. I more or less act as a tank for the group usually. 6 pets plus taunting zombie wall every 8 seconds ties up a lot of monsters.

Someday maybe I'll replace those level 60 ice climbers and Countess Julia's, but I haven't found a level 70 thing yet that's close to as useful as either.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 01:50:11 PM

That's a nice fury.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 02:35:29 PM

I need to figure out wtf I'm doing wrong that all of you have so many legendary and set pieces.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

Are you skipping clickable/breakable objects? No lie, probably half of my legendaries/sets have come out of those.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 03:52:26 PM

Nope.  Half the reason I keet Sweeping Wind up until my latest skill build is so I don't miss breakables.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 04:26:12 PM

Nope.  Half the reason I keet Sweeping Wind up until my latest skill build is so I don't miss breakables.

What difficulty are you playing at?  If I am looking for equipment I go down to Hard and do bounties at that.  That's seem to net me 1-2 legendaries an hour.  The trick is to go to a difficulty where you destroy mobs extremely quickly.

It kinda bums me out but the only thing that matters in this game is how fast you can kill and complete bounties.  Even being able to clear T1 at a decent rate my gear upgrade and exp gain is much faster on hard.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 04:34:42 PM

I want to talk about how much they need to add Forgotten Souls as a drop to every monster and chest in the game and not have it tied to Legendary Drops.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 04:56:05 PM

What difficulty are you playing at?  If I am looking for equipment I go down to Hard and do bounties at that.  That's seem to net me 1-2 legendaries an hour.  The trick is to go to a difficulty where you destroy mobs extremely quickly.

It kinda bums me out but the only thing that matters in this game is how fast you can kill and complete bounties.  Even being able to clear T1 at a decent rate my gear upgrade and exp gain is much faster on hard.

Always groups, Torment 1 though I'm thinking of upping to 2.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 05:37:11 PM

I want to talk about how much they need to add Forgotten Souls as a drop to every monster and chest in the game and not have it tied to Legendary Drops.

I've gotten one from every torment rift i do from the rift guardian.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 05:38:11 PM

I've gotten one from every torment rift i do from the rift guardian.

I get about 1 for every 3.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:39 PM

Yeah same. They're pretty rare and it really puts a damper on the rerolling.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

The change is in, yeah. Not even a yellow item, Merusk? That's kind of amazing. Almost every item I get is yellow, rarely a blue, very rarely a green/legendary (which was nil until the hotfix.)

The first attempt was only 3 items, but no, not a single yellow.  I blew through all of my shards again last night. All yellows, 80% other-class weapons.  I got an axe with STR and a shitty 1700 DPS fist weapon as the 2 out of 10 that weren't Wiz/Barb/DH weapons.

I'm going to try armor pieces next, but it's quickly proving to not be worth it for me to bother with blood shards.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:11 AM

My monk got a nice wizard hat from her.  He didn't want a wizard hat.  My wizard didn't want a wizard hat.

They really, really need something else to do with bloodshards.  This is like putting dollar bills into the g string of an elephant.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 06:52:39 AM

I agree, but just don't think of it as something that will net you anything.

It's simply another way to get a full bag of loot after a pair of rifts.  You can sell those rares for like 4k-7k so that's an easy 100k too with maybe the chance of a Forgotten Soul.

There was a new hotfix that corrected Bounty Bags so you can't get imperial gems from them unless you got them on a high Torment.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 09:38:53 AM

Glad I got a bunch before that fix then. Buaha.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

There's no reason to not blow through your shards on whatever, though, at the absolute worst you get crafting mats. I bought about 20 mojos right after the hotfix and got my Manajuma's mojo that way, so the stuff *can* drop.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 05:30:43 AM

Hotfix last night

The following hotfixes now require a patch, and will be implemented in an upcoming patch:

Belial is occasionally not dropping appropriate loot.*
Players are receiving an unusually high number of Mighty Belts and Quivers.*

There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.*
The number of chests that spawn in the following zones has been reduced:*
Core of Arreat
Briarthorn Cemetary
Battlefields of Eternity
Crag of Eternity
Demonic Vessels were using the incorrect loot table, and now give less generous loot.*

Blue post about the Tiered Rifts coming in the 2.1.0 patch

Also, Battle.Net profiles now show mystic changes on items!

*edit*
Also apparently +% Damage doesn't work with +[x-y]Elemental damage affixes but is being worked on for a future patch/hotfix.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:40:41 AM by KallDrexx »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hotfix/Patch thread  
Jump to: