Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  (Read 302321 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:51 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

I don't want ANYONE to think I'm slagging off any of the Actors.  Every single one of them (and I mean Everyone) was better than being in those turds.  Even the fucking dude that decided to be a lawyer instead.

Christopher Lee was clearly paying the mortgage and I respect that utterly.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 15, 2014, 02:13:07 PM

Christopher Lee was clearly paying the mortgage and I respect that utterly.

Woah, woah, woah.  The prequels weren't very good, but Christopher Lee has done far, far, FAR worse shit.  Besides a zillion B-movies with sets made from cardboard and the awful Charlie and the Chocolate Factory unnecessary and terrible reboot, can we forget:

Not pictured:  His three nipples, solar death array/energy source thing, or his midget butler.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #247 on: May 15, 2014, 02:18:27 PM

You do not diss the Man with the Golden Gun, motherfucker. I will cut a bitch.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #248 on: May 15, 2014, 02:19:23 PM

British actors who will take any role offered to them and give no fucks is a time-honored tradition. See also: Caine, Michael and Hopkins, Anthony.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: May 15, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

Man with the golden gun isn't even in the bottom half of bond films.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #250 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:45 PM

British actors who will take any role offered to them and give no fucks is a time-honored tradition. See also: Caine, Michael and Hopkins, Anthony.

<Caine's quote about the house Jaws 4 built goes here. >

Jackson has taken a similar attitude, as would I if ever I were to become an actor.  I've got bills to pay and they've got money.  <Lum's Bagel & Insurance quote here>

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:12 AM

Hey, what was wrong with Scaramanga ?

I thought that wasn't a bad Bond film...

But yeah, he's done worse.  (I don't like Wickerman.  I know, I know, stop shouting, I don't like it.)

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: May 16, 2014, 04:12:25 AM

You do not diss the Man with the Golden Gun, motherfucker. I will cut a bitch.

Queue starts here!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: May 16, 2014, 08:01:25 AM

But yeah, he's done worse.  (I don't like Wickerman.  I know, I know, stop shouting, I don't like it.)

The Nicholas Cage movie?  why so serious? *runs*

But yeah you can tell when an actor is having a ball. He had a bit part in Gremlins II and you could tell he was having a ball in that one. Totally silly movie but balls of fun.

I saw Micheal Caine on Parkinson once and Caine admitted quite openly that the majority of the movies he had made were crap, but had paid the bills. Parkinson asked him what was the worst movie he had ever made, and after a second's thought Caine said "The Swarm," not just because it was utter garbage, but they kept the bees trapped in their hive between takes. Bees don't go to the loo inside their hives, so when they let them out to go on the rampage, the first thign they did was find something to go relieve themselves on, so after a few takes their lab coats were stained a light shade of brown. Its sad when your movie is so bad that even the Bees shit all over you...

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #254 on: May 16, 2014, 09:55:40 AM

Hey, what was wrong with Scaramanga ?

I thought that wasn't a bad Bond film...

Not even the Britt Eklund scene? Because DAMN.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #255 on: May 16, 2014, 10:00:32 AM

Yeah, anytime I've heard someone ask Micheal Caine about why he felt he should do a movie he's given some variation of "Well, I read the script and felt that I like to buy things so fuckit". I've always really liked Micheal Caine, even in some terrible stuff.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: May 16, 2014, 01:22:46 PM

My cocaine.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfNiC9iKM0Q

Oh look. Some asshole decided to film on location and not use special effects for creatures. Film is ruined.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #258 on: May 23, 2014, 06:43:14 AM

Heh, it's funny because I saw an article slamming The Hobbit for being Prequels II yesterday.  Seems the last movie is being filmed almost entirely in front of a green screen.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

I'll just leave this here since it doesn't really warrant its own thread (yet).

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: May 23, 2014, 09:38:07 PM

Heh, it's funny because I saw an article slamming The Hobbit for being Prequels II yesterday.  Seems the last movie is being filmed almost entirely in front of a green screen.

I saw some pictures, seeing that much green makes me cringe.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: May 24, 2014, 01:52:42 AM

Oh look. Some asshole decided to film on location and not use special effects for creatures. Film is ruined.
Every time I see him on video now I can't help but think he should be holding pieces of kaiju or one of Ron Perlman's shoes.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: May 24, 2014, 02:03:38 AM

Rather awesome wee vid.  Also marks the first time I've seen that chap talking and haven't wanted to punch him.  (Not for his movies or anything like that, it's just he always sets off my douchebag radar.  Don't know why.)

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: May 24, 2014, 12:11:41 PM

Because he looks like a smug douchebag.  I don't know if he is, but he sure looks it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: June 02, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

Casting update.  It looks like Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie are now in. Heart Heart

http://blogs.canoe.ca/projectionist/movies/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-lupita-nyongo-and-game-of-thrones-gwendoline-christie/
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: June 02, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: June 02, 2014, 05:29:11 PM

I think with how tight they assuredly are keeping things locked down, anything released can be put in quotations as "leaked".

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #267 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:55 PM

Rian Johnson of Looper and Brick to write and direct episodes Eight and Nine.

Johnson will take over the core film franchise, and he’ll get started quickly and this will be his preoccupation for quite awhile. Technically, he’ll write that second treatment but the intention on both sides is that he direct the two installments.

From his twitter page comes this... https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/480056853435396096

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

That twitter post alone gives me confidence.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #269 on: June 20, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

The whole movie will be about Han and Luke trying to catch a fly in the cargo hold of the MF.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: June 20, 2014, 05:09:24 PM

The whole movie will be about Han and Luke trying to catch a fly in the cargo hold of the MF.

I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #271 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:23 AM

Make it shoot a fly with blasters in a magneticallly shielded spherical room and it will win an Oscar.

I have never played WoW.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: July 21, 2014, 07:47:14 AM

New request for charity support featuring a pretty clear view of an updated version of an OT ship.  (Possible spoiler?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWBGrkc360M

Observations:

EDIT: link fixed after unnecessary snark.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:42:45 AM by DraconianOne »

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: July 21, 2014, 08:53:50 AM

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:31 AM

Odd that it only appears to have two engines.  Has two lasers on each side, though, so I assume those thing split apart into X-foils somehow.  Until I saw the lasers, I was thinking it was an old Z95 Headhunter.

/endnerd

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Either the engines split or it is based on the Z-95.

Meepeep! Heart

(I really need to do my roomba-mouse droid conversion kit idea some day.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:37 AM

Odd that it only appears to have two engines.  Has two lasers on each side, though, so I assume those thing split apart into X-foils somehow.  Until I saw the lasers, I was thinking it was an old Z95 Headhunter.

/endnerd

Yes, it does - but the original McQuarrie art looked like this:

and this is a model based on the prototype (allegedly) built for the studio by McQuarrie and Joe Johnston

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:51:05 AM by DraconianOne »

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: July 21, 2014, 09:54:59 AM

Oooooh, yeah, it looks like that.  I had forgotten that the nacelles have looked like that in some versions.  Am used to seeing fully round ones on each wing.

Headhunters only have hardpoints for a single laser on each wing, so it couldn't have been one of those anyway I think.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: July 21, 2014, 10:41:07 AM

My guess is they used McQuarrie's design as a tribute and will explain it in the movie as a refit of the old X-wings.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #279 on: July 21, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

The wings look like they split at the outboard side of the engines into a front half and a back half.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  
Jump to: