Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! First round 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! First round  (Read 16640 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 09, 2014, 02:53:34 PM

Here are the fixtures for the first round of the playoffs.

The deadline for these games is Tuesday 18th March. Please upload your games to the Season 8 league in BBManager as day 8 (then day 9 for the next round etc).

Good luck all. May the best rats win.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

Ingmar: I'm Eastern US, available any night except Monday and Thursday. My schedule has actually lightened a bit so I should be fairly flexible.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Your off nights are the same as mine. The only wrinkle on the other nights is it is rough for me to get home from work and ready to play before about 10/10:30 pm your time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

swiftblade, i'm GMT+8
Add me on Steam probably get the game going this weekend.
It's Monday where I live.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:45:06 PM

swiftblade, i'm GMT+8
Add me on Steam probably get the game going this weekend.
It's Monday where I live.

Invite sent. Weekend is good for me. Early morning my time should presumably work for you?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:44 PM

Weekend I shd be ok whenever, since I'm a virgin. I can spare 48 hours.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

Are you still Europe based Iain? In which case you are only an hour ahead of me so possibly get our match in sometime this week, if that doesn't work then we should set a time at the weekend so I can make sure I am free.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 02:18:38 AM

I should be free most nights this week and I'm CET so will shout up. Tomorrow or Wednesday are good for me but I can do other nights too.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 06:32:36 AM

Ok Megrim.  What times are good for you?  We live in vastly different time zones, and I think this weekend might be my best bet to be at a computer at the same time as you.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 08:39:37 AM

Your off nights are the same as mine. The only wrinkle on the other nights is it is rough for me to get home from work and ready to play before about 10/10:30 pm your time.

Want to shoot for 10pm tomorrow night? 10 my time, I mean.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 10:50:15 AM

Want to shoot for 10pm tomorrow night? 10 my time, I mean.

Sounds good.

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:42:31 PM

So proudft, when's a good time for you?

What timezone you in?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 02:15:58 PM

Wednesday should be ok for me around 8pm UK time 9pm your time? Barring baby disasters I should be fine.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 03:10:59 PM

Ok Megrim.  What times are good for you?  We live in vastly different time zones, and I think this weekend might be my best bet to be at a computer at the same time as you.

I'm GMT +10 and I think weekend is best bet. I've got too much shit on otherwise - the only aside from that is me having Friday my time relatively free (iirc that is your Thursday).

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59:56 PM

Nifty Helmets are out. Avaia's Bleating crushed us 3-0 with many injuries (7-1 injures*).
He'll provide the stats and the run down, but from early in the first half it was obvious we were trounced.

(*that may be including Avaia's 3 stomps, each for injury, each without an ejection.)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

Gruntle and I got the playoff party started tonight with our match.  He won the toss and decided to kick.  I scored a casualty on one of his block warriors with my first action, and then lined myself up nicely for a fireball on 5 of my dudes.  3 went down, but only knock downs.  Gruntle's annoying minotaur took out my guard rotter, and things looked a bit dicey after my ball carrier was put down, with the ball bouncing into the hands of my unskilled nurgle warrior.  Shit pushed around for a turn or so, but the I started to do some damage.  at one point, he was down to 5 on the pitch, and I had his minotaur on the ground, and ROTTERS NEVAR FORGET, so he laid the boots to Mr. Big, resulting in a badly hurt with no ejection.  I was feeling fine.  I scored on turn 8 to go up 1-0.

I think one of his two KOs woke up, but he was definitely outnumbered.  I eventually got the ball loose and picked it up with the same nub warrior that scored earlier.  I also managed to put in a good lick on a guard warrior of his that was lazily laying on the ground, breaking his neck.   ACK!  The ref saw nothing again, so I scored and made it 2-0.

Gruntle has 4 people left with 2 or 3 turns to go, and he encouraged me to foul once again to go for the hat trick.  I obliged, again sending a player to the ouch box without incurring an ejection.  I ran in a third, because I think that's about how many times I scored all season.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

So proudft, when's a good time for you?

What timezone you in?

GMT-7.   Steamchat me, I'm around all sorts of hours.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 01:08:50 AM

Carnifex, I'm GMT+1 and available whole Friday and Saturday, and most of Thursday as well.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 06:50:08 PM

I'm GMT-8 and completely available Sunday and Monday  Head scratch. If you can be awake and soberish around 2-3am you time Friday or Saturday (wich should be 5-6pm my Thursday or Friday, unless I am terrible at math) morning we can do that, otherwise I am willing to be awake at whatever ridiculous time is required of me on Sunday or Monday.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:47 PM

We're about to start. I predict a messy game due to lack of developed ball handlers on either side.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:31 PM

God dammit, why'd you have to play while I'm at work T_T

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Well, we're done. I'm not sure you would have wanted to watch this one, as I ended up with a 3-0 win largely on the back of double minotaur refusal to cooperate. MA lost like 3 turns to early minotaur loner fail which combined with some hobgoblin fumblehands was enough of a difference to let my ghouls run away with the ball a lot. I was out of zombies by the end, but it didn't end up mattering due to the gap in the score at that point. I did have my trademark failed-dodge-ghoul-injury, but it was only a badly hurt this time.

Also, [ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED]: Push out two bull centaurs on a single werewolf blitz!

I think the only lasting damage done was that I'll have a 0 SPP zombie missing next game.

Uploaded to day 8 of the regular league, hopefully that is right.

The Banned | 3 - 0 | Power Team Volcano

Teams
The BannedPower Team Volcano
Race : NecromanticChaos Dwarf
TV : 17701340
Treasury : 490000110000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 01
Fan Factor : 115
Cheerleaders : 02

Match Report
The BannedPower Team Volcano
Score : 30
Touchdowns inflicted : 30
Touchdowns sustained : 03
Passes : 02
Catches : 02
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 1012
KOs inflicted : 24
Injuries inflicted : 03
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 11
Yards gained passing : 826
Yards gained running : 5828
Ball Possession (%) : 2132
Own occupation: 3267
Opponent occupation : 6732
Note of the match: 16/20
Spectators: 33000

Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 07:55:57 AM

I'm GMT-8 and completely available Sunday and Monday  Head scratch

In that case, how about monday, your morning my evening? Because that will work fine for me as well.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 01:32:54 PM

Beetles lose 1-2 to the Twitch family.

Sadly this is better than I expected, given the tendency of rats to gaily and merrily dance around slow mummies.  The khemri were aided by an awesome first kick and an injury to the expensive star rat ogre.  Unfortunately the spectre of a wizard was hanging over their heads the whole game, and khemri hate wizards (known fact).

The Beetles had a very faint chance of tying with a multiple blitz-ra dodge but they chickened out since the odds were very slim, and tried to just bash their way through for the first score but the dice did not go the way they wanted and the score was delayed, nearly sealing their fate.   The outcome was definitely sealed when no extra turns were rolled on the last turn and the blitz-ras forgot to move up to the line to allow a 2-turn trip to the TZ but they would have had to somehow get the ball away from a grubby gutter runner so those odds were similarly slim.

Really we just needed like 4 more turns to completely clear out all the rats.  awesome, for real

Anyhoo, Jaedar at least had to work for it, and the Beetles are finally back in fighting shape for the next season.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 01:33:40 PM

Me and Proudft played

I uploaded match do day8 of the league, I hope that's correct.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

To the surprise of nobody apart from RK47 apparently, Fursecution bombed out of the Playoffs in impressive style. I was 2-0 down at half time and gave up two more by the time the final whistle blew. When the Minizillas had the ball, they made a cage I couldn't break and slipped it down a flank with a sidestepping, sure-hands, blodging Skink. When I had the ball, I had nowhere to go with it and found Lizards in my face sooner rather than later. I had a couple of moments where I thought I might turn the ball around and make a breakout score but I managed to fail pickups, dodges or throws at those points and the play would come to a crashing halt. The 'Zillas basically dictated everything about the match and, despite a coupel of early Skink casualties I was never able to take control. I took Morg and a spare apoth with my inducements. Morg managed to keep Sauri locked up but I never managed to get him into the important scrums so he didn't impact play that much - especially as I kept rolling pushes vs Stand Firm Sauri in the LoS - with all the Guard going on in the Lizard front row, that usually meant that my opening round of blocks after a kickoff stopped there as I couldn't get any more safe blocks and couldn't make a hole in the Lizard ranks to squeeze Gutter Runners through.

Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 11:30:07 PM

I believed in you, Iain.

And you too, Proudft.

Why do you all have to fail me  Heartbreak

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:37 AM

Cut the drama, potato, we all know Sweden Skavens will win it for Codex.

Töten sie die Juden! Wir können nicht noch stehen, bis alle tot sind!
- Alfred Nobel

REMOVE lizards remove lizards
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:43:58 AM by rk47 »

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

The Minizilla's 4 - Fursecution 0

Another game where all bar one of my risky plays worked and pretty much none of Iain's came off at all leading to a rather one sided match where the mobility of my skinks stifled any attempts at giving my lizards the run around and with either bad dodge rolls or failed pickup rolls robbing Iain of gaining any traction in the match it finished with a very flattering scoreline.

Iain won the toss and elected to kick first. Having taken Morg and an extra apoth with his 500k inducements I guessed he was going to go for an aggresive strategy against me and the match started that way with 2 skinks quickly being sent to the injury pen with 2 of Iains rats being sent to the KO box in reply. I was able to run the ball carrier into the far corner of the match but was not bale to stall out for a final turn score and had to take the touchdown on turn 5 giving Iain 3 turns to reply which should have been plenty of time but my stand firm, guard LOS proved to be a real pain in the ass and with double up cover meaning there were no free routes he only elected to risk his AGI 5 gutter runner as a scoring player for his long bomb and on the next turn the mighty Xhooqs sent the gutter runner to the injury pen and my skinks had rushed forward to mark up the thrower who failed a dodge to give me a simple second score to end the half 2-0 up.

The pattern then continued for the next 2 drives. Iain unable to push through my centre and only risking the lone gutter runner to make the required dodges and me knocking that gutter runner down repeatedly while rushing skinks onto his ball carrier forcing another turnover to dodge fail scoring me 1 goal and a panic pass upfield that landed in the middle of a giant scrum of players but I had the bash advantage in that encounter and eventually manouvered the ball so it was only marked by 1 player and my AGI 4 sure hands skink made no mistake with a scoop and handoff score.

Undoubtably a frustrating game for Iain since Morg was nullified by his appaling block dice and refusal to remove any of my Sauri from the pitch and the fact that my skinks are now, all bar one, incredibly well levelled defensively and setup to shut down running teams meant that his options were pretty much always quite limited while he waitied for his block dice to come to life and remove a couple of the larger lizards which would have then given him the room to use his gutter runners to their best effect.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 06:32:27 PM

In that case, how about monday, your morning my evening? Because that will work fine for me as well.
Sounds good to me. See you then.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 02:17:16 AM

Iain, I was trailing 2-1 at turn 12 but the game dropped - my wifi suddenly crapped out.
I want a replay, but swiftblade said no he should win cuz he injured my ST6 Ogre with 2-1 up.
I let you decide on this.

Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 02:20:15 AM

Walkover is not the way of Chaos.

The gods demand more blood!

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 02:36:48 AM

I'm not going to get into an internet argument, because frankly they are lame and this is just a game at the end of the day. But here we go, reasons why I don't want to replay.

1. I was winning 2-1 with 4 turns to go.
2. It was his connection that dropped, not mine.
3. I did a permanent injury to a blitzer of his and injured his str 6 Ogre, something that gave me a great advantage.
4. He agreed to give me the win, then changed his mind.
5. I got up early on a Sunday to play, I have plans for the rest of today and am away next weekend, the chance of a replay with our respective timezones within the new few weeks seem slim.
6. I was in a position to mark up his ball carrying thrower and both his catchers including a blitz on one, along with marking the rest of his team downfield.
7. Replays are lame frankly, Nuffle is fickle and a replay is likely to yield vastly different results.
8. Frankly, its not fair on me.

But meh, its a game.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 02:47:51 AM

Yes, I'm lame. Give me the win Iain.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 03:07:13 AM

Yes, I'm lame. Give me the win Iain.

You know what, do it. I expected some common courtesy for this league, but when I wished you good luck at the start I got nothing. My first TD, nothing. Your TD I congratulated you. My second, nothing. If this is how you get your wins, good luck. If my connection dropped and I was behind I wouldn't dream of seeking a replay... Disgusting behaviour sir.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! First round  
Jump to: