Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 College Football  (Read 78552 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #245 on: January 01, 2015, 06:03:54 PM

PAC-12 stronk!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #246 on: January 01, 2015, 06:05:05 PM

My whine for today is that there's a Pac-12 and Big 10 team in the playoff, and the Rose Bowl is a playoff game this year, and they're not playing each other.  Who gives a shit about seeding in a 2 round tournament? Heartbreak

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #247 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:54 PM

Spencer should be the QB for Ohio State.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #248 on: January 01, 2015, 09:26:57 PM

Alabama is toast. Lane Kiffin won't stop throwing. I honestly have no idea what the fuck he is doing.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: January 01, 2015, 09:43:03 PM

Alabama is toast. Lane Kiffin won't stop throwing. I honestly have no idea what the fuck he is doing.

Nah I think Bama pulls this out. OSU has a lot of freshmen and sophomores out there. A lot of talent but I think the Tide has too much "been there done that" mental toughness.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #250 on: January 01, 2015, 10:23:38 PM

Nope. Alabama lost their minds and thought they had Tom Brady at qb.

Meanwhile Cardale was amazing. Kid had a legendary performance that will live in Osu lore.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: January 01, 2015, 10:29:36 PM

Not over yet with that idiotic pass play on first down.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: January 01, 2015, 10:31:30 PM

Not over yet with that idiotic pass play on first down.

Herman has been calling stupid shit all night

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: January 01, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

I don't think I've seen a worse managed last 3 minutes by a team in a long time. Safeties jumping routes, passing when the other team only has two TO's. WTF.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: January 01, 2015, 10:38:58 PM

Why the hell was that guy running around with the interception? Was still live for no reason.   Jeez OSU got lucky there.  I think Oregon destroys them.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: January 01, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

As a bonus, every ranked team in the SEC West lost its bowl game.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #256 on: January 01, 2015, 10:42:55 PM

SEC dominance is dead. That era is over.

The rest of the league has caught up and the great sec defenses are long gone.

The conference needs to get back to taking defense seriously again. Alabama isn't that great and i said it numerous times, they just really showed it tonight.

Meanwhile still a chance for the shitty sec East to win all our bowl games.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: January 02, 2015, 12:04:51 AM

THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK. KEEP SAYING IT.

That game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Ohio State spotted Bama two touchdowns early, before their offense featuring a THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK settled down and rolled the tide.

Now the Big Ten 11 12 14 winner shall face off against a representative of the Pacific conference for the national championship, as tradition demands.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #258 on: January 02, 2015, 06:57:25 AM

Oregon is going to have a completely different Gameplan for him now. The secret is out.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #259 on: January 02, 2015, 09:20:21 AM

Can we borrow one? Everyone of your QBs would be better at running our offense than the one we have currently.   Seriously, how the hell do you end up with that much talent at one position.

-Rasix
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: January 02, 2015, 09:36:06 AM

Can we borrow one? Everyone of your QBs would be better at running our offense than the one we have currently.   Seriously, how the hell do you end up with that much talent at one position.

Tom Herman I think would be the answer to that. Some of his playcalls in the red-zone were mind-boggling (though I guess the bomb with 2 minutes left was Meyer's call, according to him), but that offense is coached up. The offensive line looked fantastic. My head says Mariota tears apart that defense but after Sparty, Wisconsin, and the Sugar Bowl I'm not picking against Urban again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #261 on: January 02, 2015, 11:19:21 AM

Alabama isn't that great and i said it numerous times, they just really showed it tonight.

I could tell that when I saw them play Mississippi State. They BARELY won that game and that was with Prescott shitting the bed for 3 quarters and Dan Mullen continuing to run directly into the teeth of a defensive line that was dominating his offensive line. I didn't watch the bowl games but I'm happy to see Nick Sabean get slapped down again.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #262 on: January 02, 2015, 12:00:47 PM

Alabama isn't that great and i said it numerous times, they just really showed it tonight.

I could tell that when I saw them play Mississippi State. They BARELY won that game and that was with Prescott shitting the bed for 3 quarters and Dan Mullen continuing to run directly into the teeth of a defensive line that was dominating his offensive line. I didn't watch the bowl games but I'm happy to see Nick Sabean get slapped down again.

I am with ya on the Saban slapdown. Also bonus for FSU coming back down to Earth in meteoric fashion. I am glad for the playoff system, but it needs to be expanded to 8 teams. TCU got a thumb in the eye this year.

Now I am going to have to hear about tOSU all fucking week from all my hometown asshats claiming the selection committee is now justified since they beat Bama. Not going to be fun.

And I am not pulling the rug out from under the SEC west just yet... at least not for the top half. I think the other conferences are just about level with them now which is fine by me. Makes the sport much more fun to watch when there are not juggernauts dominating year after year.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: January 02, 2015, 02:49:12 PM

Sure go ahead. Pick one.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: January 12, 2015, 03:15:40 PM

Why the fuck is the title game not on broadcast TV?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #265 on: January 12, 2015, 03:44:50 PM

Pay somebody enough money and they don't care if people can't watch cause the extra money makes up for the lost ad revenue.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #266 on: January 12, 2015, 03:49:52 PM

What channel is it on?

Rasix

Reply #267 on: January 12, 2015, 04:08:39 PM

Every single ESPN creation in existence.  Bill Simmons will be streaming on Twitch as a bonus. 

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #268 on: January 12, 2015, 04:41:52 PM

I'm interested to see how the ratings will be for the game that doesn't have an East or South contingent, and it's on cable, spread across a billion channels.

WayAbvPar

Reply #269 on: January 12, 2015, 05:30:18 PM

My dad, who still refuses to get cable (although he talks about it every time I see him) will be unthrilled. IMO if they are getting any sort of public money, that shit should be on broadcast TV. So anyone who built a stadium with public funds? Any public universities? Anyone who is EXEMPT FROM ANTI-TRUST LAWS? There should be a local affiliate broadcasting ESPN's stream at minimum.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: January 12, 2015, 05:40:02 PM

ESPN app on my appletv is letting me watch sports center and the pregame (I had registered it on my moms cable account to watch the Packers play on MNF in December), hopefully it will let me watch the game. Though I have my doubts as I got to watch about three plays in the Rose Bowl before it booted me off for not being authorized.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: January 12, 2015, 06:18:10 PM

I predict the ucks will win!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: January 12, 2015, 06:19:10 PM

Same reason the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl weren't. ESPN/ABC/Disney are cocks.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: January 12, 2015, 06:24:25 PM

Ohio State, 45-37.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: January 12, 2015, 07:33:00 PM

Bad call by Oregon. It's the second quarter. Swallow your pride and take the 3.

Rasix

Reply #275 on: January 12, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Red zone field goals are sub optimal.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #276 on: January 12, 2015, 09:36:21 PM

It's over for Oregon now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #277 on: January 12, 2015, 09:37:45 PM

It's over for Oregon now.

if only that was for good. Fuck Phil Knight. Fuck Oregon.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: January 12, 2015, 09:57:28 PM

Red zone field goals are sub optimal.

Ohio State took two red zone FGs on their first two possessions in the Sugar Bowl. 3 points is sub optimal, but so is zero points.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:38 PM

Urban has to be the best coach in college football. My God. 4 turnovers and still win by 3 touchdowns.

Edit: Obligatory  Thumbs up! Rock Out Yahoo!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:10:40 PM by Montague »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football  
Jump to: