Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 College Football  (Read 79056 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #210 on: December 22, 2014, 05:11:30 PM

Memphis was destroying them on defense. Just looked at the final score. Man nobody was playing defense.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #211 on: December 22, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

Pro-tip: when you are tiny white guy, don't run into a scrum and try to sucker punch a dude (in a helmet no less) when his pals are nearby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJaETwDQRg
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:45:42 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #212 on: December 23, 2014, 05:45:04 AM

94 just laid that kid out!

Call a doctor!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #213 on: December 23, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:39 PM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 24, 2014, 07:53:26 AM

If I was 94 I'd have that look in his after he lays that idiot out framed on my wall  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #216 on: December 24, 2014, 08:07:12 AM

So great to watch a slow motion AW HELL NO

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #217 on: December 26, 2014, 02:15:54 PM

Illinois should have won that game. The fumble after the fumble killed them. Plus kicking. That's a bad loss for them.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 26, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

Our entire coaching staff seems to be falling apart despite a 9-4 season. Really weird.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 26, 2014, 04:40:50 PM

Illinois should have won that game. The fumble after the fumble killed them. Plus kicking. That's a bad loss for them.

Correction, they should never have BEEN in a bowl game.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #220 on: December 26, 2014, 05:16:30 PM

Well there's that too, but they had a shot at a win in that disaster.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #221 on: December 26, 2014, 05:20:25 PM

This Rutgers/UNC game is pretty much exactly the kind of game where you can tell which team actually gave a shit. Rutgers is blowing the doors off UNC and there's absolutely no reason for that.

UNC looks like they've given up since the game in NC State. No motivation at all.

EDIT: And finally UNC realizes they are in a bowl game down 40-7 and starts scoring points and kicking onside kicks.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:39:25 PM by Paelos »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #222 on: December 27, 2014, 05:17:27 PM

Shocker of the day for me has to be a 6-6 Virginia Tech beating a 9-3 Cincy team. VA Tech's defense is great, but their offense had major issues. But the thing that always comes into play for VA Tech in bowl games that I forgot about was the special teams. They really do make a difference.

Spurrier saves himself from his only losing season since his first year coaching at Duke by winning against Miami.

Arizona State ALMOST got embarrassed by Duke. It was literally one fade pass away. No defense on that team until the last second.

I hope Boston College beats Penn State because I just don't like Penn State, but this game is hard to watch.

I have no idea what to expect in Nebraska and USC. If Nebraska shows up it might be fun. If not, good lord it will be a bloodbath.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #223 on: December 27, 2014, 06:22:36 PM

College kickers. Geez. How can you shank and xp that bad, BC?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 27, 2014, 06:41:27 PM

That turf was shit, but he has missed like 8 this year.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #225 on: December 27, 2014, 09:50:20 PM

Nebraska apparently hates their kicker because they just kept going for it constantly, where if they kicked they probably win the game.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #226 on: December 30, 2014, 01:08:31 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

klahoma where the team gets blown out by 34.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:57 PM

Big-12 showing up in post-season in its typical fashion.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #228 on: December 30, 2014, 01:35:03 PM

I feel like OU playing in a BCS bowl they wanted to prove something.

OU playing in a small bowl didn't give a shit. Two three and outs and two picks in the first quarter? They simply gave up after that. Trevor Knight also played like Johnny Football on quaaludes.

Going into the bowl game tonight with UGA, I can say there's a solid chance we get our asses handed to us due to what I'm hearing out of campus. Our OC is gone, the head coach doesn't want to call plays and has the TE coach doing it, we're in a shitty bowl named after a fucking department store, there's supposedly a ton of animosity between our AD and Richt due to letting Bobo go and not paying the assistants, and we're playing a team with a DC that would love to absolutely stick it to his old boss.

If we win, it will be because the coaches settled these guys down and got them prepared. Louisville is in no way shape or form better than Georgia, but this is a game that has zero upside. If we win, who cares? If we lose, it's a fucking joke.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #229 on: December 30, 2014, 04:13:44 PM

LSU didn't remember they played defense until the second half apparently. Plus they got absolutely screwed out of a TD by the refs. All around a bad look for that team.

The biggest problem for LSU if they have no real QB. Neither does UGA. It's why I'm concerned that if the running game isn't sharp, the Dawgs will pull this same crap today.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #230 on: December 30, 2014, 05:34:04 PM

LSU didn't remember they played defense until the second half apparently. Plus they got absolutely screwed out of a TD by the refs. All around a bad look for that team.

The biggest problem for LSU if they have no real QB. Neither does UGA. It's why I'm concerned that if the running game isn't sharp, the Dawgs will pull this same crap today.

Offense has been horrible this year all around and the defense has been green. I like Les Miles, but I think he should have pulled the trigger on the UM job. I think his magic has run out down south.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #231 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:21 PM

Georgia came out really prepared, and Nick Chubb is a beast. We took Louisville's vaunted #3 in the nation rush defense to the woodshed. I'm extremely happy about that. Shows what kind of crap the ACC has been playing this year.

Anyway Lilly called a great game in Bobo's absence and things looked like they flowed even without our first stringer QB. All in all, positive signs.

Nick Chubb though. ESPN should be talking about this kid.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #232 on: December 30, 2014, 08:26:30 PM

LSU has been getting by on a great recruiting footprint since Nick Sabean left. Les Miles is 17 shades of crazy and I'm amazed he still has a job.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #233 on: December 31, 2014, 10:47:45 AM

I think Ole Miss is going to get creamed in this game against TCU. Everything that TCU does well, Ole Miss can't stop.

Arizona should roll over Boise because Boise sucks this year.

I want MS State to clobber GA Tech, because Tech usually blows it in bowl games when people have a long time to prepare for their high school offense. However, Dak has been garbage in the final quarter of the season, so who knows.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: December 31, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

Tebow is surprisingly not terrible as a color guy for someone who hasn't done it much.

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #235 on: December 31, 2014, 11:25:11 AM

Ole Miss is going to have to kill Boykin to have any chance in this.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 31, 2014, 12:42:06 PM

This might leave a mark SEC West.  awesome, for real

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #237 on: December 31, 2014, 12:52:48 PM

Yowch. 42-0 in the 3rd. Surprise, surprise, Bo Wallace is getting his shit pushed in.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #238 on: December 31, 2014, 01:36:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12103626/defensive-coordinator-john-chavis-heading-texas-aggies-lsu-tigers

Ugh... Chavis leaving for A&M. So much for my Tigers doing much of anything in the next 10 years.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #239 on: December 31, 2014, 02:33:02 PM

What a fantastic start to this game.  Argh!

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: December 31, 2014, 02:50:43 PM

Playing Boise in the Fiesta is a doomed proposition it seems.

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #241 on: December 31, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

Wilson's out. Game is over.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: December 31, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

S-E-C! S-E-C!

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #243 on: January 01, 2015, 12:44:35 AM

452 rushing yards? REALLY?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #244 on: January 01, 2015, 08:36:55 AM

Both Mississippi teams just got worked. GA Tech is good this year, as Georgia witnessed up close. They aren't as good as Dak and the MS State defense made them look, but if you don't practice gap integrity at all, or look like you didn't even practice against the triple option, you're going to be annihilated.

Boise shocked me. I expect Arizona to show up. They came out completely flat and that cost them the game. If they played like they did in the second quarter going forward, they win that game handily, but they set the bar too high for a comeback.

Ole Miss got crushed as expected. Bo Wallace had no interest in participating in that game, and it showed. God what a tool. He let his entire team down with that performance.

I expect Alabama to beat Ohio State, but if they don't it will be literally the most crushing blow the SEC has had in years. It will also mark the end of the dominance of the conference in my mind. Having lost two championships in a row. Because this was a terrible year around college football as a whole, and if they can't beat a 3rd string QB? The conference as a whole will need to reevaluate where they stand.

Plus side, the SEC East that everyone thought was such garbage has won their bowl games. If they win out and the SEC West shits the bed, I'm going to laugh.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football  
Jump to: