Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 College Football  (Read 78561 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

So so the bloodening begins.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Jesus... this was upset weekend. Bama, USC, OK, WIS, Texas A&M... Oregon must be loving this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:48:13 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #71 on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:30 PM

BRB putting in my applications for WSU special teams coach and Cal defensive coordinator. Pretty sure there will be openings soon.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: October 04, 2014, 10:57:38 PM

I'm pretty sure at this point that if we could play even average pass defense, this team would be capable of making the playoff.

Also, every ranked Pac-12 team lost this week. Parity strikes again! This is why I hate the playoff system (and the BCS before it); it turns what would have been an awesome fun race for the Rose Bowl berth under the traditional system into something lame. This happens way more often than not. Instead of rooting for drama you have to root for a boring season where one team just dominates.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:01:24 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #73 on: October 04, 2014, 11:05:05 PM

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Fuck yeah, fuck yeah, fuck yeah. They even tried to give it to them on a BS roughing call.  Fuck yeah, fuck yeah, fuck yeah.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:28 PM

Just saw the replay. Very nice!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 04, 2014, 11:36:08 PM

WSU QB just broke 700 yards.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 04, 2014, 11:41:52 PM

Bwahaha, I'll take it. WSU fans in pain makes me happy, 2nd worst fans in the Pac-12 (after USC.)

WayAbvPar

Reply #77 on: October 04, 2014, 11:47:49 PM

Yes, they are terrible. But I am not sure any fan base deserved THAT.  ACK!

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #78 on: October 05, 2014, 12:37:29 AM

I am drunk as balls because the Utes beat a top 10 team second year in a row, this time on the road. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 05, 2014, 05:18:14 AM

So first year of the playoff system and it will probably involve Notre Dame... ugh.

Now someone so something about this FSU team. I am already tired of them.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #80 on: October 05, 2014, 08:01:59 AM

You get a loss! And you get a loss!  Everyone gets a loss!!!

We opened the floodgates.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #81 on: October 05, 2014, 08:25:07 AM

Right now its gotta be:
-FSU
-Auburn
-ND
-Baylor

But probably only FSU has a decent shot of going undefeated of those four.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:29:57 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 02:03:15 PM

Utes made me +420 on the money line. Figured UCLA was overrated.

Yep!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #83 on: October 06, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

How about those Mississippi Teams!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't really give a shit about college football or either MS State or Ole Miss. I didn't go to either school and most of their fans are utterly insufferable on a good day. Ole Miss fans are generally that shithead frat boy in Dockers (or whatever pass for Dockers these days) who dress like it's prom at every home game and get utterly piss themselves drunk in "THE GROVE" before every game so they can end the night date raping their sorority girlfriend. State fans tend to be slightly less "upper class twit" douche-y but still fuck them Dawgs, their school is located in the ass end of nowhere and the cowbell is their football mating call. Both are ranked #3 and I'm already sick of all the TV stations around here thumping their chests at the success. I get a chubby just thinking about the sadness that will come once they achieve true failure by losing at homecoming to some creampuff they scheduled to make their home fans feel better about themselves. I'm sure Ole Miss will lose to Vandy and State will lay an egg against Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. But hey, having ESPN locate their College GameDay crew in the state 2 weeks in a row gets us some tax money so GO US?

Rasix

Reply #84 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:08 AM

I am worried.  A number 10 ranking is not deserved for beating an entirely overranked and injury plagued Oregon team.  Sure, we're the last undefeated PAC12 team  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real, but we've got big, big flaws.  Plus, now that ASU handed USC a very humiliating loss, USC will be extra-motivated to prove they have the better recruiting class/atheletes/potential pros  than us.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 10:21:58 AM

And LSU finally falls out of the rankings.  cry

I am hoping Miss St is just that good this year. I won't feel as bad...

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

Georgia still has a QB who sucks and a defense that couldn't stop Vandy from scoring what? 17 points? Except for South Carolina whose defense is even worse (HOW THE FUCK DID WE LOSE TO THEM AGAIN FUCK YOU DEFENSE AND HUTSON MASON YOU SHITHEAD), that's the most points they've scored against any SEC team.

Rasix

Reply #87 on: October 09, 2014, 02:41:12 PM

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #88 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:36 PM

Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak

WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: October 11, 2014, 06:35:13 PM

Has anyone heard from Ingmar? Wondering if he is out on a ledge atm. Wow.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #90 on: October 11, 2014, 06:50:39 PM

Consequently Georgia played the best game in their history.  awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: October 11, 2014, 07:01:40 PM

There's the Bears I've been expecting, although not the game I expected it to happen. No ledge since its not a big surprise and Bumgarner is cruising.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #92 on: October 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM

So was there a game that mattered that wasn't decided by the officials today?

I saw:
-ND handed the game against UNC by some questionable as shit calls.
-Auburn get their back broken by a offensive pass interference (that I could live with tbh) but that call hardly represented "the way the game was called" or the way any ncaa game is called.
-I fell asleep after TCU went up by 21 but the highlight package of the comeback seems to all revolve around some pretty crucial flags to setup the win for Baylor.

I guess Mizzou got shit on in the morning,  but who cares.

The spot on that 4th & 1 try for Arkansas was complete bullshit, I'm not sure if he had it but the spot was a good half yard off.

I haven't been watching NCAA much in the last few years because its corrupt low quality ESPN determining the rankings bullshit but I'm curious about the playoffs this year. Forgot how sketchy the officiating always seems to be in college games, was a huge reason I decided to stay the fuck away.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rasix

Reply #93 on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:03 AM

Kickers.

2-5 is not good.  Plus, he made Sark look smart by completely duffing them after those stupid fucking time outs.  OHH WELL.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #94 on: October 12, 2014, 06:28:07 AM

So was there a game that mattered that wasn't decided by the officials today?

I saw:
-ND handed the game against UNC by some questionable as shit calls.
-Auburn get their back broken by a offensive pass interference (that I could live with tbh) but that call hardly represented "the way the game was called" or the way any ncaa game is called.
-I fell asleep after TCU went up by 21 but the highlight package of the comeback seems to all revolve around some pretty crucial flags to setup the win for Baylor.

I guess Mizzou got shit on in the morning,  but who cares.

The spot on that 4th & 1 try for Arkansas was complete bullshit, I'm not sure if he had it but the spot was a good half yard off.

I haven't been watching NCAA much in the last few years because its corrupt low quality ESPN determining the rankings bullshit but I'm curious about the playoffs this year. Forgot how sketchy the officiating always seems to be in college games, was a huge reason I decided to stay the fuck away.

At least in the Arkansas game they had every chance in the world to beat Alabama regardless of refs. They just sucked. TCU didn't get burned by refs either. TCU's up 58-37 with 11 minutes left. The refs didn't hand them 21 points or stop TCU from getting a burning the clock by not getting enough first downs. Auburn got facesmashed for 21 in the first quarter. Don't want to lose? You don't give up three TDs right off the bat.

The UNC game, yes. I'd agree ND got the classical late calls that saved their asses.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: October 13, 2014, 09:35:23 AM

So since 2 Mississippi teams are somehow in the conversation for a national title and club soccer was on an international break, I decided to watch the two MS teams play this weekend. College football has changed a bit since I last watched it and I used to root for Ole Miss. I figured I'd root for both this weekend. Yes, I'm a bandwagon fan.

So this Aubrun QB is in the Heisman running? Why... exactly? He's athletic but he made some shitty passes. Prescott made some equally shitty decisions just that State's defense didn't allow TD's off of them. Speaking of defense, holy shit, State's defensive line is mean. They absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage. Auburn's was good, State's was better and State's defensive backfield was better. There are going to be a good number of NFL players coming from the State defense.

Ole Miss wasn't really as impressive offensively as the score would indicate but they didn't make many mistakes. Their defense was also really good. One thing I did notice is that Speedy Noil, the wideout for A&M... he's really fucking good. If he stays healthy, he's exactly the type of speed merchant/punt returner NFL teams like to grab.

Looking at both these teams schedules, I'd put more stock in State winning out then Ole Miss. The Rebs have to go to Auburn late in the season and then play State. If they don't lose one of their cupcake games, they'll probably lose one of those.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #96 on: October 13, 2014, 12:59:13 PM

Of the two I think MS State is better. Also, they are less likely to have a QB implosion. Bo Wallace is likely to turn into a pickoff machine at least once.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: October 13, 2014, 01:34:43 PM

You wouldn't necessarily think that if you'd only watched the two games on Saturday.  why so serious?

But I tend to agree with you if only because I know of Ole Miss's history with QB's not named Manning. Apparently, they recruit on "heart" and "grit" instead of actual skill at throwing the ball.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: October 13, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

You wouldn't necessarily think that if you'd only watched the two games on Saturday.  why so serious?

But I tend to agree with you if only because I know of Ole Miss's history with QB's not named Manning. Apparently, they recruit on "heart" and "grit" instead of actual skill at throwing the ball.

Yeah if I just watched Saturday, I'd say Bo Wallace is a world beater and that MS State probably loses to them.

Thing is I watched Bo play Boise State for 3 quarters like he was supposed to throw to the other team. And wake up in the 4th quarter and say, OH YEAH WE'RE BETTER THAN THESE GUYS.

Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: October 18, 2014, 03:16:05 PM

I think Bama is angry about something...

Halftime stats:

Rasix

Reply #100 on: October 18, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

Well, that was a fun way for Notre Dame to lose.  Too bad FSU had to win in the process.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #101 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:38 PM

I wanted FSU to lose that one because now they won't lose at all in the regular season. The ACC is a fucking joke.

WayAbvPar

Reply #102 on: October 19, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

Well, that was a fun way for Notre Dame to lose.  Too bad FSU had to win in the process.

I was hoping for a meteor strike on the stadium. At least one of them lost.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #103 on: October 20, 2014, 12:17:40 AM

I wanted FSU to lose that one because now they won't lose at all in the regular season. The ACC is a fucking joke.

Yes dance to Disney's bullshit little monkey.

The Big12 and ACC have been the latest targets of marginalization by the ESPN/Disney machine once they had finished off the Big10. For the past 5 years or so the Big12 and/or ACC (depends on the year obviously) have football teams that are way fucking better than their bullshit ranking and the results in bowl games have backed that.

I mean the Big12 is fucking themselves by not having a conference championship game right now which means probably only TCU or K-State can make the playoffs now, even if WVU ran the table from here on out I bet they wouldn't make it without a lot of help. But its also the fact that ESPN is already trying to setup a two SEC team (and dreaming of 3) playoff.

As for the ACC, it looks like it might be a "down" year since VT has fully self destructed and Clemson just won't have any more chances to prove itself since South Carolina is having a bad year. But to discount FSU because the ACC is so weak is fucking pitiful they've got something like a 70% winrate versus power five teams in recent years. Its not their fault that Will Muschamp is a fucking clown and UF is in the shitter so they'll be denied a chance to end the year with a big statement win.

MSU has beaten one real team so far in Auburn. They have beaten two teams (LSU and A&M) that might be no better than: Wisconsin, OU, Stanford or Va Tech. This is the most bullshit example so far this year of SEC teams must be amazing for beating other SEC teams who were amazing until they lost we've had so far this year. You want to tell me they are a "lock" #1 team voters? Fuck off.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:13:49 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: October 20, 2014, 11:14:09 AM

Everybody loves them some SEC.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 College Football  
Jump to: