Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 374345 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1925 on: February 02, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

Former Miami Hurricane in trouble with the law?

Un-possible.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1926 on: February 02, 2015, 03:49:09 PM

Good riddance is right. I have had a hate-on for him since he blindsided Chad Clifton on an INT against Green Bay.

EDIT: To refresh your memory.

In 2011 he was asked about the hit again and here is what he had to say:

"I made him a household name and $42 million, so what's the problem here?" Sapp, now an analyst for NFL Network, told reporters Tuesday during a news conference at Super Bowl Media Day. "I still don't understand. You wouldn't know who Chad Clifton was if it wasn't for me. But now I'm so vile that I put a block on the guy."

Sapp is a grade A piece of shit. Buh-bye.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1927 on: February 02, 2015, 04:44:03 PM

He's a dick. And an unrepentant one at that. Romanowski was a dick, but he had the excuse of being completely nuts.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1928 on: February 02, 2015, 04:47:23 PM

He's a dick. And an unrepentant one at that. Romanowski was a dick, but he had the excuse of being completely nuts.

Oh man... now I miss that guy. He was the Ultimate Warrior of the NFL - but in the heel role.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1929 on: February 02, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

That is a perfect coda to this craptastic season.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1930 on: February 02, 2015, 06:03:41 PM

Saw the stat that this season there were 108 passes from the 1 yard line with exactly one  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS interception.
Again, the objection isn't "pass" (although with Lynch as your RB, pass is more questionable. Context  matters) the objection is THAT pass to THAT guy RIGHT THERE.

There were a bunch of passes that were lower-risk with as good a chance of making the TD, with a fuck-ton less chance of interception. They didn't make those passes. They made the stupid one.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1931 on: February 02, 2015, 06:06:22 PM

Yeah like the fade that's still low percentage yet becoming increasingly popular in the NFL because low downside.

PS I still hate the fade. Run the fucking ball, pussies.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1932 on: February 02, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

If only there was a place Pete Carroll could go to to find a good play on 2nd and goal.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1933 on: February 02, 2015, 07:15:43 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1934 on: February 02, 2015, 07:16:05 PM

Anyone know what this Nissan (I think it's Nissan) commercial is about? What you have to race so you don't see your kid grow up but at least you pick him up in a Nissan sometimes?

- Viin
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1935 on: February 02, 2015, 07:23:06 PM

It doesn't matter.  He died in a preventable household accident.

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1936 on: February 02, 2015, 11:37:18 PM

The Hawks have been losing literally since I was born. So fuck us for getting excited over finally having a decent team and winning a Superbowl. Get some perspective monkey boy.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1937 on: February 03, 2015, 03:24:07 AM

You've been in two Super Bowls and won one, as a Lions fan I say get some perspective yourself jackwagon.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1938 on: February 03, 2015, 03:38:25 AM

It would have all been easier to digest if, say, they got beat in a good contest with a normal conclusion.  It is the WAY it happened.  The ridiculous high after the miracle catch, the inevitability of the assured victory right in front of you, and then just snatched away in the most abrupt and totally illogical way you can imagine.  It's like it can't even be real.  I literally cannot stop picturing this final sequence in my mind, also envisioning the alternate endings that should have happened instead.  I thought what GB went through two weeks ago was just about the worst-case scenario for how a team and its fanbase could be so utterly shellshocked, but then this happened.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1939 on: February 03, 2015, 04:41:43 AM

You've been in two Super Bowls and won one, as a Lions fan I say get some perspective yourself jackwagon.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Jets fans born after 1969 would like a word with both of you...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1940 on: February 03, 2015, 05:42:25 AM

The Hawks have been losing literally since I was born. So fuck us for getting excited over finally having a decent team and winning a Superbowl. Get some perspective monkey boy.

Um, get real. Here's some perspective for you. Stop trying to make your fanbase bigger than it is, your team bigger than it is, or your players bigger than they are. If things go poorly with the cap, your team is literally a one-hit wonder while I heard talks of dynasty.

For fucks sake, your team tried to trademark a fucking number. You get no free passes for being dumbasses.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:44:11 AM by Paelos »

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1941 on: February 03, 2015, 07:40:20 AM

Three actually.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1942 on: February 03, 2015, 08:09:01 AM

Go Browns....               sigh

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1943 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:00 AM

If someone thinks Beast Mode could not have punched through one yard for a TD, or just run around the defenders, I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.  I've seen shittier RBs make that jump.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1944 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:52 AM

Packers' fans should feel a lot worse. We had a comically insane series of failures, fuckups, arrogance and stupidity that led to a monumental collapse against the QB who just pissed away the Super Bowl on a dumbass slant with a bad read. You guys got beat with a smaller lead by a QB that is most assuredly going to the Hall of Fame and is arguably the greatest QB of all goddamn time.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1945 on: February 03, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

Go Browns....               sigh

Johnny Rehab! Woooo.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1946 on: February 03, 2015, 10:14:54 AM

If someone thinks Beast Mode could not have punched through one yard for a TD, or just run around the defenders, I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.  I've seen shittier RBs make that jump.

Everyone thinks he could have made it given 3 tries.  Frankly he probably would have made it in one.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1947 on: February 03, 2015, 11:06:09 AM

Packers' fans should feel a lot worse. We had a comically insane series of failures, fuckups, arrogance and stupidity that led to a monumental collapse against the QB who just pissed away the Super Bowl on a dumbass slant with a bad read. You guys got beat with a smaller lead by a QB that is most assuredly going to the Hall of Fame and is arguably the greatest QB of all goddamn time.

Also arguably the greatest coach of all time.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
WayAbvPar

Reply #1948 on: February 03, 2015, 11:18:30 AM

Who still made an egregious mistake in the last minute of that game. Not taking a timeout when Seattle has the ball that deep is criminal.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1949 on: February 03, 2015, 11:34:00 AM

Who still made an egregious mistake in the last minute of that game. Not taking a timeout when Seattle has the ball that deep is criminal.

No doubt... but it didn't lose them the game so it will be a footnote.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1950 on: February 03, 2015, 12:19:39 PM

He won didn't he?

From reading around the consensus seems to be that Belichick took the view that the personnel the Pats had out were better in a goalline situation than the Seahawks, and by using the timeout he'd actually give Seattle more of an advantage. But this is going to be debated ad eternum.

I think if it had gone the other way Caroll would be hailed as a genius and BB as a reckless risk taker. In reality both coaches took large but understandable risks, and let the players settle it, which seems like great football to me.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1951 on: February 03, 2015, 12:26:35 PM

538 has an article on Belichick's mistake
Altered the win expectations by about 2% (from 9% to 7%).

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #1952 on: February 03, 2015, 12:53:20 PM

That isn't 2%, it is 22.2%.

Interesting article. I can understand the reasoning behind passing, but I if you are going to pass, that is not the play to call. Throw a fade to the corner, or (better) roll Wilson out and give him a run/pass option.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1953 on: February 03, 2015, 02:08:47 PM

That isn't 2%, it is 22.2%.

You are correct. My bad.

Interesting article. I can understand the reasoning behind passing, but I if you are going to pass, that is not the play to call. Throw a fade to the corner, or (better) roll Wilson out and give him a run/pass option.

That's the thing right? Why run a pass play that run's INTO a stacked 8 man box? Though I'll agree with an earlier poster that the corner fade route is the worst fucking play in football. Run a passing play in the flat! Give your QB, the BEST RUNNING QB IN THE NFL, a chance to run! Howabout a PLAY ACTION PASS!

Maybe just maybe, the OC, with 30 seconds to come up with a decision in the biggest stage at the biggest time went...um um um um fuck it, THIS ONE! God knows you could over think yourself into the fetal position on that call.

I don't think Belichick had any sort of grand plan , he's probably standing there thinking 'I can't fucking believe Kearse caught that ball. Fuck it, we stop em we stop em, if we don't this is going to suck'

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1954 on: February 03, 2015, 02:12:22 PM

God knows you could over think yourself into the fetal position on that call.

No, you really couldn't. In that situation, there really aren't many calls that are almost no-brainers like handing off to Beast Mode and sitting back to bask in the plaudits. I think even if they fail and don't win the game, the story completely changes to "Well shit, you gave it to your workhorse and New England just flat beat you, whattayagonnado?"

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1955 on: February 03, 2015, 02:41:15 PM

beer geek.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1956 on: February 03, 2015, 04:41:55 PM

Awesome.  One of the greatest Utah players ever.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1957 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:30 PM

God knows you could over think yourself into the fetal position on that call.

No, you really couldn't. In that situation, there really aren't many calls that are almost no-brainers like handing off to Beast Mode and sitting back to bask in the plaudits. I think even if they fail and don't win the game, the story completely changes to "Well shit, you gave it to your workhorse and New England just flat beat you, whattayagonnado?"

Wish I had a like button for this one.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1958 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

Let me emphasize the COULD in my quote. You COULD overthink it, but only if your a fucking moron or an OC either 1. shitting his pants or 2. trying to show off for a potential HC job.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1959 on: February 04, 2015, 10:00:30 AM

Terrence Cody, Warren Sapp, D'Qwell Jackson, Joseph Randle, Letroy Guion all arrested this week. The offseason begins!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: