Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 377137 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1855 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:19 PM

I'm going to enjoy bathing in your hate Ginaz.  Suck it. It's because he IS the best ever. Have any fucking doubts now?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1856 on: February 01, 2015, 08:12:40 PM

Thanks Patriots.  You've made my son cry. 

"Since the Patriots won, there won't be any draft." *sobs*
"If the Patriots win another one, I won't be able to read anymore" *bawls*

Have to love 5 year old logic.  I didn't even know he was that invested in the game.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1857 on: February 01, 2015, 08:15:20 PM

Great game.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1858 on: February 01, 2015, 08:15:37 PM

I'm going to enjoy bathing in your hate Ginaz.  Suck it. It's because he IS the best ever. Have any fucking doubts now?

Deflategate will always hang over this win, justly or not.  
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1859 on: February 01, 2015, 08:17:04 PM

Did someone say that Pats fans were insufferable?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1860 on: February 01, 2015, 08:21:16 PM

Oh man, that game ended better than I ever could have imagined as a guy who knows Russell Wilson is overrated. Oh the defender's tears taste like fine wine.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1861 on: February 01, 2015, 08:24:49 PM

You guys know I love Wilson; but there's no way a Brady or Manning led offense runs that play, even if it came from the coach.  Carroll and Wilson's egoes basically destroyed their superbowl, on a team that was supposed to be "all for one" and what-not.  Horrible.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1862 on: February 01, 2015, 08:27:44 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1863 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:03 PM

Glorious.

Also you know, you have to win two in a row before you start talking Dynasty, pretty much all the Seattle clowns on my twitter feed before this game.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1864 on: February 01, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

Carrollgate? WhynotrunLynchgate?  I think that call needs a name.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1865 on: February 01, 2015, 08:33:09 PM

You guys know I love Wilson; but there's no way a Brady or Manning led offense runs that play, even if it came from the coach.  Carroll and Wilson's egoes basically destroyed their superbowl, on a team that was supposed to be "all for one" and what-not.  Horrible.

Genii of the lamp!  For my last wish I want to complete a Superbowl-winning pass in the redzone that will go down in history!

Your wish is granted!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1866 on: February 01, 2015, 08:36:19 PM

Hey Richard, how many Super Bowl rings does Tom Brady have?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1867 on: February 01, 2015, 08:39:59 PM

Carrollgate? WhynotrunLynchgate?  I think that call needs a name.

Callghazi?  Brainfartgate?

That sound you hear is everyone getting off the Seahawks bandwagon.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1868 on: February 01, 2015, 08:40:43 PM

Only Seattle could have galvanized a populace to be slightly okay with the Patriots winning.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1869 on: February 01, 2015, 08:44:43 PM

Pete Carrol should be fired for that call, no joke.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1870 on: February 01, 2015, 08:45:50 PM

It really is a deep lesson on humility and keeping things simple.  Let us now see what Carroll says about the play-call.  I'm betting he just says "that's just football."  Or some bullshit... instead of just admitting they screwed up royally upstairs and cost an entire team and fanbase the superbowl.  You have 3 downs... 3... with the best rushing attack in football really (wilson and beast), against a reeling defense who was getting blown off the ball, and u throw from the 1.  Into the middle of the field mind you.  Into coverage.

Even Emmitt Smith says it's the worst playcall in Superbowl history; that's pretty much my take on it too.

Carrollgate? WhynotrunLynchgate?  I think that call needs a name.

Callghazi?  Brainfartgate?

That sound you hear is everyone getting off the Seahawks bandwagon.

Well, I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping off.  This is not a small thing.  People are calling it one of the most boneheaded endings to any game in history.  Up there with Leon Lett, the Cubs vs. Marlins playoff, and so forth.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1871 on: February 01, 2015, 08:46:17 PM

I want Russell Wilson to admit it was his call at the line. I really do. I can't even describe how perfect it would be.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1872 on: February 01, 2015, 08:49:15 PM

It was borderline on his part.  The back wasnt sitting on the route, he left his assignment and jumped it.  A coinflip really.  Still shouldn't have let it happen. 

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1873 on: February 01, 2015, 08:49:38 PM

As someone with no horse in this race, that was a pretty damn good game of football. I think I'd have been content with either team winning. They are the two best teams in football and they played like it. For all the weird shit that happened at the end this isn't a game that you can blame on poor refereeing decisions, or unconventional tactics or whatever.

That said, that playcall will go down as one of the most baffling decisions in football history. If I was Lynch I'd be furious right now.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1874 on: February 01, 2015, 08:49:54 PM

It really is a deep lesson on humility and keeping things simple.  Let us now see what Carroll says about the play-call.  I'm betting he just says "that's just football."  Or some bullshit... instead of just admitting they screwed up royally upstairs and cost an entire team and fanbase the superbowl.  You have 3 downs... 3... with the best rushing attack in football really (wilson and beast), against a reeling defense who was getting blown off the ball, and u throw from the 1.  Into the middle of the field mind you.  Into coverage.

In the interview he basically took responsibility for the call and said they made the call because they felt they had a good chance with those personnel against the Patriots goal life package, and that they were planning on running it on 3rd and 4th down if they didn't score on the play.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1875 on: February 01, 2015, 08:51:09 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1876 on: February 01, 2015, 08:51:58 PM

Laughed out loud. For real.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1877 on: February 01, 2015, 09:04:00 PM

As someone with no horse in this race, that was a pretty damn good game of football. I think I'd have been content with either team winning. They are the two best teams in football and they played like it. For all the weird shit that happened at the end this isn't a game that you can blame on poor refereeing decisions, or unconventional tactics or whatever.

That said, that playcall will go down as one of the most baffling decisions in football history. If I was Lynch I'd be furious right now.

Actually the reffing was subpar at best and you could give the pats the 2nd to last score as squarely on the refs for helping them in with bogus roughing and non-calls. Recall the bogus noncall PI when the back tripped the hawk's wideout.  Also, they were allowing the pick play the whole game, when the league was supposed to be cracking down on that.  You saw the Hawks bitching about that in the 1st half.

Also saw a lot of holding not even called, and when it was it wasn't even from the back judge.

Lastly, unlike previous pats games... the refs held up the Hawks during their hurry-up to allow the pats time to sub in on defense.  The refs NEVER do that when it's in the pats' favor.  Granted, that's the proper use of the rule... but it woulda been nice had they'd done that throughout the season.  

edit:  Edelman was knocked out on his feet the last part of the 4th quarter and the refs and the Pats' sideline left him in there.  Should never have been out there, whereas Avril had to sit out the rest of the entire game.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:06:45 PM by Ghambit »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1878 on: February 01, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

Legitimately funny meme. Still, the only thing worse than a gloating Pats fan is a gloating Yankees fan.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1879 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:11 PM

Actually the reffing was subpar at best and you could give the pats the 2nd to last score as squarely on the refs for helping them in with bogus roughing and non-calls. Recall the bogus noncall PI when the back tripped the hawk's wideout.  Also, they were allowing the pick play the whole game, when the league was supposed to be cracking down on that.  You saw the Hawks bitching about that in the 1st half.

Also saw a lot of holding not even called, and when it was it wasn't even from the back judge.

Lastly, unlike previous pats games... the refs held up the Hawks during their hurry-up to allow the pats time to sub in on defense.  The refs NEVER do that when it's in the pats' favor.  Granted, that's the proper use of the rule... but it woulda been nice had they'd done that throughout the season.  

edit:  Edelman was knocked out on his feet the last part of the 4th quarter and the refs and the Pats' sideline left him in there.  Should never have been out there, whereas Avril had to sit out the rest of the entire game.

All that is true but it would have been irrelevant if they had just handed the ball to Lynch at the end.  Seahawks have absolutely no one to blame but themselves.

Over and out.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1880 on: February 01, 2015, 09:10:29 PM

I'm really curious what you guys would call a game that was officiated well. Seems like every game is poorly officiated.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1881 on: February 01, 2015, 09:11:34 PM

I'm really curious what you guys would call a game that was officiated well. Seems like every game is poorly officiated.

I genuinely can't tell at this point either...

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1882 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:57 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1883 on: February 01, 2015, 09:17:28 PM

They pretty much are all poorly officiated but yeah, I didn't really see anything too egregious here aside from maybe the running into the kicker call that probably should have been roughing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1884 on: February 01, 2015, 09:18:16 PM

Why would you not give it to Lynch?HuhDRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

All I could think of too. It's not like New England had consistently stopped him or anything.

I feel like a battered wife whose husband has finally been taken to jail. Fuck off, 2014 NFL Season. I won't miss ye.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1885 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:08 PM

Fuck off, 2014 NFL Season. I won't miss ye.

This. Bring on the draft!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1886 on: February 01, 2015, 09:26:15 PM

Best halftime show in recent memory, but this is where I would have really liked a wardrobe malfunction.   awesome, for real
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1887 on: February 01, 2015, 09:28:47 PM

Not enough cleavage on Perry's part, but she did at least do the obligatory bouncy-boob routine.
That said, I agree about this season being generally bad.  Tough to find a worse one, but at least the two most deserving teams in the end went to the dance.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1888 on: February 01, 2015, 09:30:33 PM

Best halftime show in recent memory, but this is where I would have really liked a wardrobe malfunction.   awesome, for real
She rode Voltron in and exited in a "The more you know" PSA drone.

Yeah, pretty good show. :)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1889 on: February 01, 2015, 09:33:44 PM

You left out something.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: