Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™ 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  (Read 332580 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: February 02, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

Gettin' all #Gamergate up in here...let's not do that.  Either way.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #911 on: February 03, 2015, 09:57:14 AM

Let's just all agree that Tale was being an idiot above and move on.

Sorry I was being an idiot. Please move on.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:56 AM

Let's just all agree that Tale was being an idiot above and move on.

Sorry I was being an idiot. Please move on.

Get with the times geez.  We know that women play games... Now it's about if that woman used to be a man.  why so serious?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: February 03, 2015, 01:09:31 PM

I'm sure someone found that comment equally offensive. why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #914 on: February 03, 2015, 01:11:34 PM

It is offensive. But eventually, you know, fuck you all.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: February 03, 2015, 01:33:44 PM

Can we go back to picking on each other grammer instead of jumping on each other for making stupid man/woman jokes?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #916 on: February 03, 2015, 01:36:56 PM

Grammar.

-Rasix
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: February 04, 2015, 03:58:42 PM

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #918 on: February 04, 2015, 05:53:00 PM

this guy looks legit Hey guys, what was going on in here?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #919 on: February 04, 2015, 07:18:01 PM

Discussion about a game in development.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:32 AM

I wish my computer ran better with this. I like it, but it runs way too sluggy.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: February 08, 2015, 01:53:58 PM

Prediction:  They're going to slap some mobs and quests onto this, call it EQN and Landmark ceases to exist as a separate game.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #922 on: February 08, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

It's a fair prediction.  I think the thread between the games was lost somewhere in the last year and the acquisition isn't going to help the development process. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #923 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:18 PM

You'd be agreeing with my assessment from the start, yeah.

Landmark was supposed to be the build tool. It's turned into the EQN platform with the addition of combat, etc. May as well go whole-hog, toss in the races and some pregenerated cities and call it what it now is.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: February 09, 2015, 10:10:04 AM

Can we start calling it EQ Nope?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #925 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:34 AM

Can we start calling it EQ Nope?

Gold.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: February 10, 2015, 08:29:00 AM

Well, they did have anniversary celebrations just before all the Daybreak stuff happened, but the since then stuff has been kind of non comittal. They still really are horrible at communication overall IMO, and twitter is NOT as effective as their forums gauging things. The Steam community is basically totally ignored, and a huge black eye too.

The last few updates have been scattered seeming, not very helpful to all the bugs, crashes, deaths and slowdown issues. They also keep delaying them over and over since the start of the new year.

The worse part about the buyout part is I think that Daybreak and the value they saw in taking from Sony was the games division, which sadly means they saw something in Landmark/EQN and the H1Z1 properties that I obiviously don't see.

This weeks streams for the game (Workshop AND Landmark live twitches), and updates also were postponed, and that is likely directly related to Daybreak and because they still don't know details of what they are doing yet (IMO).

EDIT to Add: I still cannot consistantly play without overheating issues, and still have it not load 70% of time (so I fight to play or don't play for long if I do succeed in getting in).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:31:07 AM by taolurker »

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:15 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #928 on: February 11, 2015, 02:16:57 PM

Welp. If Dave Georgeson is gone, I expect EQ Landmark to be released as quickly as possible without any real feature additions, and EQN to be somewhat less... ambitious. This is going to become all about squeezing as much profit out of this turnip before dismantling it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #929 on: February 11, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

In development with no real endpoint for 2 years now, only an ever-bloating feature list? Yeah, not shocking.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #930 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:19 PM

The Smokejumper's time at SoE has ended? Jesus... I still remember him from Planetside 1 days. He always seemed enthusiastic.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:29 PM

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35707

^^ ZAM article had a little more information about the layoffs..

Also included are Brasse, Linda Carlson (the Community person who was best know for LARP'ing a dwarf); the current Landmark Community person, Tiffany Spence (who I personally didn't think was good enough at community, and had a horrible time attempting streams >timid, bad at public speaking, no personality); and Steve Moorgard Danuser who was Story Lead (the one most in charge of the "lore" and "history" of EQN).

None of this really gives me all that much hope, but these along with Smokejumper/D Georgeson, it does really speak to how they expect the development to change. I also wonder if these were Smed's decision, and whether they realize that he is probably a huge reason why Daybreak will never be profitable. IMO it would've been better to get rid of Smed, and give the studio head job to someone else (and the person who I would've most trusted at the head, Dave Georgeson, obviously can't do that now).

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: February 11, 2015, 09:20:21 PM

Georgeson seemed like a good person to have around but I guess he was more a community person than a good developer? It's weird to see him gone.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #933 on: February 13, 2015, 09:44:35 AM

Agreed they should have ditched Smed rather than Smokejumper and Moorgard.

Cray.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #934 on: February 13, 2015, 03:55:58 PM

Dave Georgeson LinkedIn :(

I have shipped *every* project that I have ever started (100% completion record over 24 years of career.)
schild
Administrator

Reply #935 on: February 13, 2015, 06:54:47 PM

I have shipped *every* project that I have ever started (100% completion record over 24 years of career.)
This is NOT a laudable achievement. 99% of started projects are total shit. But I guess this is your man if you want to force shit out the door.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:46 PM

So, there was an announcement thread by Terry "Fairan" Michaels about Landmark and Next, and explaining that there will be a new twitch stream next week. It was on the Landmark Forum under "Quick Update 02/12/2015". This thread is up to 8 pages of trolls and doomgloom, as was the announcement thread about Daybreak (that's up to 28 pages).

The Landmark forum itself is a complete mess recently because of all the Daybreak stuff, so don't be surprised if it loads ultra slow... Also some of the truly epic posts are the ones that mods are removing (which is good to see, albiet very late to start taking a hard line on moderation, and the forum's slow loading seems directly related to threads and posts disappearing).

The forums and websites still haven't been migrated, which I actually expected to happen sooner than it has. They also totally removed the foreign language forums completely, which definitely has not made the non-US factions completely happy and/or made them more worried.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #937 on: February 14, 2015, 05:11:14 AM

This is NOT a laudable achievement. 99% of started projects are total shit. But I guess this is your man if you want to force shit out the door.

I was having a sad for him because they broke his run.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: February 14, 2015, 05:26:01 AM

That dude has always been useless. And clueless.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: February 17, 2015, 10:42:21 AM

Sometime over last weekend there was confimation directly from JButler, and he changed his email and twitter contact info. His along with Brasse (bearded dwarven female EQ Community rep Linda Carlson) made me more sad.

They are having a Landmark Live stream on twitch starting in about 5 minutes to discuss the game and hopefully some of the changes in personnel/future of Landmark. Dunno though what will be said tho.

twitch.tv/landmarkgame

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: February 17, 2015, 10:58:35 AM

They fired Dave Georgeson but kept Terry Michaels. Wonder how they base these decisions on.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:35 AM

Salary
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #942 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:12 AM

Or to put it another way, I have successfully released all fecal matter that reached my anus.

I have never played WoW.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: March 04, 2015, 12:29:39 PM

So, there wasn't really any updates here to the thread, so I figured I'd add some additional things here that happened Landmark-wise since my last post.

They had the Landmark Live I mentioned before, and basically only discussed what they have planned as additions for updates, and re-organizing the Landmark Live schedule. They also discussed the Q&A stream friday, and that was where they really discussed the Landmark game, but again it was really vague information, asking questions of the team that didn't really cover anything.

Really big news out of that Friday Q&A was that the relationship with Storybricks was ending, and this was actually followed this week by an announcement from Storybricks. I am assuming it was a collaboration, and that SOE was able to use something out of it and will continue to moving forward. Also mentioned that Storybricks was potentially trying to be in the Daybreak business before all that happened (almost bumped that thread).

This week there's a Landmark Live happening today, and an update scheduled for Thursday. I am hoping it's going to be LOTS of fixes, and if it isn't or is weak sauce, I see the playerbase really flipping it's wig. Forums are truly a mess atm, and they are actually making things worse by removing whole sections (signal to noise = WORSE) while paying less attention. I think they have 1 person who posts and it's the community person, Dexella, only putting official notices or responses to 1 in 7000 threads. 

Also almost bumped the "Crowfall" thread again to mention that Voxel Farm is now selling license packages, that include single "creative" ones, which makes me wonder how much this will bother Landmark, or the work they were doing cooperatively improving Voxel Farm. Love how The tripleA one includes "Custom Develipment". Also makes me curious who will be able to tweak this engine better... Should be well worth the comedy.

BTW, yes, Dave Georgeson tweets still featured on Landmark/SOE homepages too, and no website change/migration mention anyplace that I can see.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #944 on: March 04, 2015, 05:08:27 PM

Storybricks: AI is hard, yo. Nobody wants to fund it.

Most interesting part was:  
Brian 'Psychochild' Green is working on Camelot Unchained,
mostly because I'd forgotten about that guy. And that game.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  
Jump to: