Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  (Read 332584 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #420 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

I have not seen a penis yet.

quote worthy!
I don't think the penis quotations will be as bad as people expected.

People are not paying to make dicks.  You will get those dicks for free.
Don't try to force it. It's painful.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #421 on: March 14, 2014, 05:27:47 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #422 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:26 AM

Love the tweak mode, that was really needed (and I asked for something similar early on!). Moving ahead at a pretty good pace.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: March 14, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

Love the tweak mode, that was really needed (and I asked for something similar early on!). Moving ahead at a pretty good pace.

God yes sometimes it is really hard to tell something is lined up until you try to place it and then realize it wasn't and you would have to undo and redo constantly. The tweak mode is really nice for consistent editing of stuff you need to edit
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #424 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:36 PM

I want numbers on the tweak mode so I can align things to scale and h/v axes.  I like that there's sliders on scaling, but I'd rather have a size indicator included.  Makes it easy to match things such as lamps to a proper size.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #425 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:04 PM

If you're looking for thistle seed, and I'm sure some of you are, I've found that on the US servers most of the areas you can find the trees that give them, have been built on.  The EU servers, however, have a lot more land that's not taken.  I go to one of the US servers and head west and a little south where there's a gully/ravine/whatev and I can find three trees that give you one on the last chop.  If you go west and a wee bit north, there's two I think.  I haven't checked most of the land but it's pretty empty on those two servers.  Sorry EU for stealing your stuff.   No, really, I am sorry!   Heartbreak  

PS  Don't keep running back and forth to the hub to switch servers because you get silly lag that way.  Just relog into the server you want.  It's faster that way, too.

So I decided to go further west, about half way between the hub and the edge of the world, slightly north and there's a shitton of those crazy looking trees and no one to be found even though it's evening in EU Land.  I'm not sure this game is very popular in the EU.  I shall make those servers my hunting grounds.  Hopefully, EU will be on a different server when it all gets mushed together so I can steal more stuff from them.  I got lots of seeds now thank you kay bye EU.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:28:18 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:49 PM

I don't want to generalize as Europeans aren't really one thing, but I would say that -as a broad simplification- EU customers seem to be slightly less inclined to pay for alphas and betas than NA ones. I wish I could substantiate that claim but at the moment I can't find the article I read a while ago that said so...

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #427 on: March 19, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

No, I think you're right.  It probably has a lot to do with getting ripped off with the currency exchange.  I used to bitch about something that cost $10 cost me 10 quid.  Srsly.  That sort of shit can really ruffle feathers.  If I were in the UK right now, I probably wouldn't have bothered at all.  It would just piss me off.  I still complain about stuff but not this.

Oh, duh!  I forgot to say which world.  It's Narrows where I'm finding all the thistle seeds.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:27:02 PM by Signe »

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: March 20, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Closed beta starts on March 26, according to an email I just received from SOE. They don't seem to have the news on the website yet.

You can still buy access to the beta for $19.99 but presumably there is now also a chance of getting in for free by signing up and hoping you get lucky. (Although free access only seems to last seven days, which seems a bit rubbish to me)

Edit: This is the announcement on the official forums:

Hello, Landmarkians!

Our Alpha has been absolutely fantastic. We could not have asked for a better result with you, the players, finding a huge assortment of radical new ways to use our building tools and cooperating so incredibly to push the boundaries of our game. Thank you!

But now, Alpha is about to end and Closed Beta is about to start!

When does Closed Beta start? Wednesday, March 26th. Right around the corner!

To prepare for Closed Beta, the servers will be down so we can wipe data and set up the new islands. Those preparation days will be Monday and Tuesday, March 24th and 25th.

Therefore, the last day of Alpha is Sunday, March 23rd. So party this weekend like it's the end of the world! (Because it is! Very, very briefly. ;)

To get ready for the end of Alpha, we *highly recommend* that you template any items on your claims that you want to resurrect during Closed Beta. Consider templating things with props, without props, and possibly even re-textured as dirt or something simple so that you can rebuild it easily when you have few resources available. (NOTE: When the claims are wiped at the end of Alpha, we will be templating each of your claims for you, BUT many of your claims require vast amounts of resources before they can be placed so it still might be beneficial for you to go in and make individual templates to make it easier to restore pieces of your claim as you gain resources.)

What will the data wipe entail? EVERYTHING will be wiped...except your character name, your templates and any items you purchased (Founder's Pack items or marketplace purchases). Yes, that means everything else. When Closed Beta begins, you will need to choose a new appearance, gather new resources, craft new tools and make new claims from scratch again. Everyone starts at the same place.

Upward and onward! And please be sure to welcome all our new Closed Beta friends when they arrive!

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/goodbye-alpha-hello-closed-beta.25504/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:30:35 PM by palmer_eldritch »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: March 20, 2014, 04:49:24 PM

Nice. Stopped playing due to some travels and figured so much was going to change it wasn't worth continuing to learn what was there. Now I'll just wait it out a few more days and start fresh on Wednesday, wait, let's be honest, Friday.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: March 24, 2014, 12:38:02 AM

Obligatory post of some new insane stuff.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: March 24, 2014, 06:05:56 AM

People have wayyyy too much time on their hands.

Not that it's a bad thing.
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: March 24, 2014, 03:02:49 PM

Obligatory post of some new insane stuff.

Is that city a sand castle kind of thing, or just being viewed from very high up?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: March 24, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

Very high top. It's a "mega-plot", meaning about 9 plots together I think. And yes, that's a whole, huge real city. Look at the details.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: March 24, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

I visited that, taking the screen shot from that high up caused a ton of the detail to fall out of it, the gardens were amazing and the detail work on the walls and the buildings was amazing.

I also visited that wonderland plot, that shit was insane.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #435 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:41 PM

Got an email that the four beta keys that are given to the Trailblazer investors will be given out tomorrow.  I'm not sure what method they're using.  I hope it's simply a code you can pass on to other people.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: March 25, 2014, 02:45:46 PM

If there are free keys going out, I'd appreciate one if someone has a spare.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #437 on: March 25, 2014, 03:07:56 PM

What he said.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:39 PM

Yup.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #439 on: March 25, 2014, 04:14:53 PM

Yeah, I really want to try this.  Would appreciate the key if anybody around here ends up with a spare one.  Else I'll be forced to spend money on yet another alpha game!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #440 on: March 25, 2014, 04:58:45 PM

Yah, me too.  I guess.  I'll need a break from the  "D3 clicking bonanza" at some point.

-Rasix
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: March 25, 2014, 06:20:15 PM

I also would use such a key.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: March 26, 2014, 01:27:45 AM

I haven't received the five keys nor that email Signe, which is worrying me a little. When (if) I'll get them, I should be able to share at least one with the f13 crowd here.

EDIT: Looks like we won't have a claim flag as soon as we enter the game right after the wipe? Oh boy...

Hey folks,

If you played Alpha, then the beginning steps after you enter the world have changed a bit. Just to avoid confusion, here's a few starting steps for you! (Also useful for you folks that are completely new to the game!)

IF YOU HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Mine some copper and craft a pair of Keen Eye Bands (discovery stat ftw!)
* Go find some iron and the other resources you need to make a claim flag.
* Make that flag at the BASIC FORGE at the Hub. (The hub no longer has a Stone Forge.)
* Go stake your claim.
* Then go back to the hub, make a Stone Forge, and take it back to your claim so that you can make Iron Ingots and such. (Basic Forge only smelts copper and tin.)
* Build an Alchemy Station, then an Iron Pick, then a Silver Axe.
* Up to you at this point, but pro tip...consider an Outfitter's Station so you get access to better Discovery accessories.

IF YOU DO *NOT* HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Start out by building a Copper Pick.
* Gather more copper and build a pair of Keen Eye Bands
* Build a Tin Axe (not strictly necessary, but nicer than the Stone Axe).
* Build a claim flag and plant your claim
* Refer to the post-claim steps in the list above!

ALSO! Be warned! You do NOT know the progression steps just because you played Alpha. You'll need to poke around and figure it out, just like you did at the start of Alpha. (Example, the next step after stone forge is NOT saw table.)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:59:39 AM by Falconeer »

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: March 26, 2014, 03:35:43 AM

I haven't received the five keys nor that email Signe, which is worrying me a little. When (if) I'll get them, I should be able to share at least one with the f13 crowd here.

I don't know which pack you have but don't forget the extra beta keys are only given to people who bought the $99.99 alpha access pack, not the $59.99 one. Sadly I won't have any keys to give out.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #444 on: March 26, 2014, 04:13:03 AM

No, sorry, the email wasn't an official thing.  It was from a friend.  And it's four keys, no?  I looked on the site and they did have an update on it:

Okay. We've discussed this internally, and we've decided that the four time-limited keys that were included with the Trailblazer packs are now UNLIMITED!

So, if you purchase a Trailblazer pack, you will be granted four keys to give to your friends/family/guildies that will get them UNLIMITED ACCESS TO CLOSED BETA!

Please note: these keys do not include any of the items that come from the Settler's Founder's Pack, so if you're interested in those items, you will still need to purchase a pack. Also, these shareable keys only come in the Trailblazer pack; if you purchased an Explorer pack and would like the keys, you'll need to upgrade your pack to Trailblazer.

We'll be updating the website and FAQ with this new information, and we look forward to seeing all of you (and the four other folks you recruit!) when we get to Closed Beta on March 26th!

Thanks,
Dexella

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: March 26, 2014, 04:23:45 AM

Yeah, I have Trailblazer. And it's March 26th. They better send me those (four) keys already!

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #446 on: March 26, 2014, 04:40:16 AM

I'll disperse keys as well if they send them.  Because I wub you guys.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:02 AM

:red_panda_eyes:

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #448 on: March 26, 2014, 08:31:40 AM

Me, too, because of the wub.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #449 on: March 26, 2014, 08:35:18 AM

I'll disperse keys as well if they send them.  Because I wub you guys.
You should make a thread.

"Me am play gods"
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: March 26, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

I visited that, taking the screen shot from that high up caused a ton of the detail to fall out of it, the gardens were amazing and the detail work on the walls and the buildings was amazing.

I also visited that wonderland plot, that shit was insane.

Goes to show what you are likely to see when guild plots become a thing although it will be interesting how upkeep works if a chunk of your city goes poof.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: March 26, 2014, 01:36:38 PM

Closed Beta Update Notes.

Apparently, email with the buddy keys will be sent in a few hours.

Welcome to Closed Beta!

For those you that played in Alpha, we have created templates of all claims you had when the worlds came down on Monday. You can see these templates in your template window with a name that matches your claim name. Currently, it will be nearly impossible to paste one of these templates in a new claim because you cannot see the actual edges of the template if they were air. We’ve got a fix coming for this and we’ll have it to you this week. Once that’s in, you’ll be able to overlap the edges of a claim with a template and when you place it, it’ll only paste the parts that are inside the claim. Until then, have fun gathering resources, finding the spot for your new claims and create all of the workstations, harvesting tools, and building tools that you’ll need to do incredible things!

Added: Also, one more important change that Trailblazers and Explorers should be aware of. Claim flags are now crafted and no longer auto granted when you create your character! You can craft your root claim flag at any of the workshops, including the Basic Workshop at the Hub of any island.

New Features

Claim Ratings
The first phase of Claim Ratings is now in game! Once a player has tagged their claim, you can visit them and give them a thumbs up. As more people upvote their claim, their Temperature Gauge will change from an icy blue to a fiery red. (Votes expire after seven days.)
As this is just the first phase of Claim Ratings, we have lots more to look forward soon, including, but not limited to:
Searching via ratings / tags / visitor count / recommendation count
Filtering via ratings / tags / visitor count / recommendation count on the Map
Sending Feedback / Tips to the owner of the Claim
Claim Upkeep / Foreclosure
Claims now require an upkeep cost.
You must deposit resources in your Upkeep Bank to pre-pay for upkeep. To fill (or refill) your Upkeep Bank, press “U” to open the Claim Management window, and click the “Upkeep Management” button.
Upkeep is due every 24 hours, but can be pre-paid for up to 5 days of real time. (tweet comment)
If your claim expires, it is automatically deleted. However, we'll template up your claim(s) for you, and email you all of the resources and props that were present in the claim when it was foreclosed on.
FOR NOW, the upkeep cost is 300 copper ore per claim - this will change in the future to use in-game currency.
Character Create
We've added new options to character create! Choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, and facial hair for both male and female characters.
New Islands
We've generated a bunch of new islands for you explore and stake your claim on.
Previously almost all (48 of the 50) of the islands were either Tropical / Desert or Tundra / Old Growth Forest. No longer!
We now have all available combinations available! Want a lush tropical jungle that blends in to an old forest? Maybe you'd like the cold mountainous tundra, that smoothes in to the rolling sand of a desert? You can choose!
Since we've also added new islands... how about a new Tier? Tier 4 is now available! You can now find Mithril and Diamond in Tier 4 continents.
Founder's Pack Chest
We've added a chest to the Spire that will automatically re-grant any Founder's pack items that you might have missed or accidentally deleted.
New Outfits
There are two new outfits that each come in 7 different color combinations that can be crafted at the Outfitter’s Table.

Harvesting / Crafting Changes

The Crafting and Harvesting systems have received significant overhauls.
Tools and Resources
“Resource Rating” has been renamed to “Tier” and all previous resource rating values have been flattened to 6 tiers, each of which corresponds to the tiers that resources are actually found in. Several resources were reallocated to support this change.
All mined resources are introduced in the tier before their home tier, meaning that Tin and Iron can be found in limited quantities in Tier 1, even though they are Tier 2 resources.
Pick progression has been modified to support the resource rating change, and rare pick upgrades have been removed from the game.
All picks still have a chance to be crafted as rare or legendary, but picks that required uncommon picks as a recipe component, such as bronze and silversteel, no longer exist.
Axe progression has been modified to support the resource rating change and now has 6 tiers.
The Tin Axe now harvests special jungle trees which yield the Tier 2 resource palm heart.
The Silver Axe now harvests special desert trees which yield the Tier 3 resource thistle seed.
The Gold Axe now harvests special old growth trees which yield the Tier 4 resource ancient rootstock.
The Rubicite Axe now harvests special tundra trees which yield the Tier 5 resource spindle cone.
The Etherium Axe, which completes this progression, won’t be available until Tier 5 islands and the Deciduous Forest biome have been added to the game.
Pick and Axe item descriptions have been updated to indicate the resources they now harvest.
Picks, starting with Iron, now require special tree resources corresponding to their crafted tier, not the tier they can harvest (e.g. iron requires palm heart).
Axes, starting with Silver, now require special tree resources harvested by the axe from the tier below (e.g. silver requires palm heart).
Axe damage and speed was tweaked to provide a better progression cadence.
All axes now have the potential to be created as either Superior, Exceptional or Legendary.
All axes now have a chance of getting a random mod.
Item descriptions for resources have also been updated to provide information about tier and, where necessary, the location they can be found.
A new recipe which creates coal from wood has been added to the series of forge crafting stations.
Tree Harvesting
All trees can now be targeted while an axe is equipped, even trees the equipped axe cannot harvest.
Attempting to harvest a tree that cannot be harvested by the currently equipped axe results in an error message explaining why.
Tree health has been rebalanced to better match tree size.
Tree rewards, including heartwood and special resources, have been standardized across tree size to drop at a consistent rate regardless of tree size.
Plant resources are no longer dropping from trees.
Plant Harvesting
Plant harvesting has been added to the game!
Using the Silver Sickle, which is crafted at the Stone Forge, you can now hunt for special plants procedurally spawned across all islands. These plant resources are used in various clothing recipes that have been added to the new Outfitter’s Table.
Crafting Stations
A new crafting station, called the workshop, has been added to the game.
This station crafts other crafting stations, props, and utility items. It can also refine lumber and stone.
A basic workshop has been added to each of the Hubs across all islands.
The series of Forge crafting stations now exclusively produce tools, metal ingots, and also coal, in addition to the new series of ingot refining stations.
All forges after the Stone Forge have been removed from the game. Recipes previously crafted at the higher tier forges are now available at the Stone Forge.
The Enchanted Alchemy station is now simply known as the alchemy station, and is used to combine special tree resources with heartwood to make higher tier heartwood.
Oil sub-combines previously created at the alchemy station have been removed.
The series of Workbench crafting stations have been removed and replaced with the Outfitter’s Table.
The Outfitter’s Table crafts outfits and accessories. Outfits are produced with woven cloth, also created from the Outfitter’s Table using resources gathered through plant harvesting.
Refining Stations
Several new crafting stations have been added to the game that are used to refine raw materials into refined materials with improved efficiency.
The smelter produces metal ingots.
The infuser produces heartwood.
The loom produces woven cloth.
The series of Saw Table crafting stations are now used exclusively for refining wood and stone with improved efficiency.

Bug Fixes / Optimizations
Made numerous client optimizations that should speed up your initial load time. This should also greatly reduce the amount of spinning gears / bouncing you might get when running through the world.
The state of your props will now save whenever we have to bring the game down for any reason. This means you don't need to turn on all your torches and lights when the worlds go down for maintenance. Rejoice!
Clicking on another player should be much more reliable now.
You can now enter Tweak mode even if the cursor is red. This should make it much easier to place large templates or paste volumes.
Added a new Party Bonus icon, along with a tooltip that describes what it does.
You should now get a warning when attempting to delete a mail that has an attachment
The Mail compose window should close once you send the mail. No more accidentally spamming mail to your friends!
The Mail compose window shouldn't get in an odd state anymore when resizing it.
Crafting stations will now show if the item you're crafting will reward more than one of that item. For example, you can now see that ten wood logs will generate 100 wood planks.
Previously, Claim and Spire Teleport shared a one hour cooldown. They now have separate one hour cooldowns, and the cooldown for teleporting to a friend is 30 minutes.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #452 on: March 26, 2014, 02:45:02 PM

If someone ends up with a key they just don't know what to do with, I'm curious, but don't prioritize me as I don't have a ton of time for gaming right now and Diablo is eating most of it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #453 on: March 26, 2014, 02:45:36 PM

That Dave Whatchamadoodle just said they found some CDN problem and it'll be a half hour until the emails go out.  They probably send them out in batches because they're old fashioned.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #454 on: March 26, 2014, 02:54:27 PM

I could use a key and will promise to use it promptly.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  
Jump to: