Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Black Sails 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Sails  (Read 14166 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:38 AM

There was a free view of the first episode of this and I watched a tiny bit of it.  I couldn't handle too much because Starz free views blurs naughty bits and bleeps naughty words.  There's a LOT of naughty bits and words in this series and watching it was giving me a mind ache.  Anyway, it's about pirates and has an Aussie bloke who looks just like fucking Michael Hutchence!  That guy is SO lucky to look like that!  There's also the most gorgeous man I've ever seen with abs so incredible they made me cry tears of eye happiness.  I don't know who he is.  Someone please watch this and tell me if it's worth paying the extra three dollars to get Starz (Fios is having a deal on premiums).  I really want this to be wonderful so I don't feel stupid paying three dollars to look at some guy's abs.  I'm sure I can make his abs my wallpaper if need be.  Thanks in advance.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:14:41 AM

I saw the pilot for this and it was pretty meh in my opinion. It might get better and since it's about pirates and along the lines of Spartacus (Starz's previous series) in the level of "maturity" I'll give it a few episodes to impress me (but I wouldn't say it's worth paying extra for judging by the pilot I saw)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:13:42 AM

I saw the pilot for this and it was pretty meh in my opinion. It might get better and since it's about pirates and along the lines of Spartacus (Starz's previous series) in the level of "maturity" I'll give it a few episodes to impress me (but I wouldn't say it's worth paying extra for judging by the pilot I saw)

I think what she was really looking for was someone to tell her that yes, the abs are worth three dollars. Unfortunately, I cannot answer that because I have not seen this yet.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:04 AM

Here:

He was in Shameless but I've never seen that show.  That's worth three bucks, yeah?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:44:29 AM

If three bucks is all it will cost to make your lady parts hard, then my recommendation is to spend the three bucks.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

If three bucks is all it will cost to make your lady parts hard, then my recommendation is to spend the three bucks.

there are (far) worse ways to spend $3  why so serious?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:35 AM

And I see they have a Lady Jack Sparrow.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

And I see they have a Lady Jack Sparrow.

...I'm in.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:06:25 PM

Its on Starz. Won't watch without boobs. Or gore. Or boobs covered in gore. Seriously after Spartacus I'm partially not willing to watch hammy revisionist history crap without a healthy amount of titts and violence to lube the story down the eye.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

Oh, that's right.  The Starz Free View also blurred out gore and violence.  I've never seen any one do that before.  It was weird.  A good half or more of the 15 minutes I saw of this was blurred or bleeped.   ACK!

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 07:44:34 AM

Any boobs?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 08:53:16 AM

There are boobs and other bits all over the place.  This I know because the top half of nearly all the women were blurry.  Some of the bottom bits, too.  Sometimes they blurred bits that I couldn't figure out what it was.  It was a blurry mess.  Thank god they didn't blur the abs.  Buy Starz and they'll give you more boobs than you can shake a dick at.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

Challenge accepted.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:20 AM

After watching episode 3 i can say that this show has grown on me despite my reservations after watching the pilot episode.  cheesy
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 03:02:53 AM

You had me at boobs.  I'm in.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 12:28:19 PM

I can see boobs anywhere - how is the story, acting, etc..?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

I'm actually digging this quite a bit, boobs and all. They aren't over the top Spartacus level of boobs or blood, but I like the characters and actors and the story is decent enough.

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:33 PM

Sometimes they blurred bits that I couldn't figure out what it was.  It was a blurry mess. 

Marketing Director at Starz:

"yep, remove that snatch, blur the boobs.  whoops a dong almost snuck by there!  Oooh, blur those abs, those are too good for non-subscribers"

*Should be working*
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 02:31:03 PM

I kind of find this dull so far. The budget is showing.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 04:35:35 PM

Apparently that's not the only thing showing!

Rimshot

Over and out.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:52 PM

They aren't over the top Spartacus level of boobs or blood,
No longer interested.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:51 AM

I haven't seen the third episode yet, but the first episode was really entertaining. The second was kind of boring and nothing happened. It's still on the list of things to watch.

Currently I'm watching season 1 of elementary.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 12:50:27 PM

I think the only thing that's going to hold this back is the budget - not being able to be on the ship as much as a pirate movie would need to be.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:47 PM

The bobs they had were also of mediocre appearance. If there's one thing you don't want to portray accurately on your 1714 pirate show, it's the pirate town port whores that a couple pirates on a boat that hasn't made a profit in months can afford six of.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 08:45:02 AM

I have now watched seven out of the eight total episodes in season one.  I like this show a great deal.  Budget has not held it back in any way so as you'd notice.  I have actually been impressed with the production quality.  The show also seems to be very well cast and quite capably acted. 

I am surprised there isn't more chatter about this one.  I hope like hell there is a season 2.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 10:01:40 AM

The bobs they had were also of mediocre appearance. If there's one thing you don't want to portray accurately on your 1714 pirate show, it's the pirate town port whores that a couple pirates on a boat that hasn't made a profit in months can afford six of.

You should change your name to angry.boob.  You don't want to be a mediocre bob. 

I see what I did there. 

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 01:31:06 PM

This show is ok, but my only issue is that it has such a slow fucking pace. I've seen four eps though.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 09:23:48 PM

It gets better, but it is a bit slow in parts. I like the premise of the show, but there's something missing; maybe because I don't really like the main characters? My favorite characters are Billy and Rackham and we know how *that* goes ..

- Viin
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 09:28:04 PM

About episode VI, they get back on ships and the talky-talky "Oz in pirate drag" soap opera stuff gets interspersed with shipboard action and combat, works much better.  I can only assume that the ship stuff was budget-blowing, so they gave us four episodes in a row with no ships.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 09:43:45 PM

So, uh...

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:34 AM

I adore Toby Stevens.  I especially loved him in Vexed and Cambridge Spies.  I'm not caught up on this (we only just got Starz) but as long as he's in it, I'll probably watch.  The Abs pirate is good, too, and I'm glad he changed his look.  Cute in Shameless, incredibly gorgeous without a doubt the most beautiful man in the universe in Black Sails.  Ok, so I haven't really analyzed his acting... I get distracted easily. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 12:15:35 PM

Finally finished watching this season and I liked it. It didn't totally blow me away but it's worth a second season.

And no,

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 01:21:07 PM

I also just finished.  Really like the final episode.  Them Man o' Wars are no joke.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:31 PM

Yeah, it was a very slow build up to the last episode, but I really felt like it made the build up worth it.  Do not fuck with the spanish main.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 01:27:27 AM

Arise!

Season 2 is well underway, and nobody is talking about it?  This is now one of my favorite shows.  They are doing a bunch of flashbacky bits, which initially annoyed me but eventually led up to a big ole OMG WTF SURPRISE.

Anyway, highly recommended.  It probably works better when you view several episodes at a time, it helps with the pacing.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Black Sails  
Jump to: