Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was  (Read 16861 times)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

I'll be around for the next hour Lamaros otherwise will see if you are around my tomorrow morning your evening. Not sure when I will be free to play tomorrow though.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

Huitzilopochtli's Gift 2 - 1 Knights of Codexia.

Rep uploaded.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:32 PM

Hmm that's pretty much middle of the night for me, so a little later on (9am my Sunday is 10pm your sat I think?) might be the best bet?

OK looking like I will be home around 10pm tonight so will look out for you.

Really sorry, completely lost track of time today. Still a bit sick and the GF is also, so a bit distracted.

Looks like your morning my evening is the best go. Will log on to my computer so I hopefully don't miss you again.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

Carnifex,

Not sure we'll get our game in if not today. I'll be around if you want to poke me on steam.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:24 AM

Hmm that's pretty much middle of the night for me, so a little later on (9am my Sunday is 10pm your sat I think?) might be the best bet?

OK looking like I will be home around 10pm tonight so will look out for you.

Really sorry, completely lost track of time today. Still a bit sick and the GF is also, so a bit distracted.

Looks like your morning my evening is the best go. Will log on to my computer so I hopefully don't miss you again.

Ok no worries I am online now will be around for a couple of hours at least I hope so fingers crossed we have times that match up :)
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 01:12:59 AM

Me and drogg played. I scored 2 touchdowns in first half, then the khornates did a 2-1 grind trying to hurt my players. Thankfully nuffle blessed me and the only serious injury got apothed away. Pretty boring game in general, I really need a strip ball gunner.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 03:36:25 AM

The Minizilla's 3 - Best With the Mess 1

Really good first half where the claw skaven blitzer did a good job of taking off my Saurus players and the bash didn't go all my way forcing a scrambled score in turn 5 and then holding firm to run the timer out and go into the second half 1-0 up.

Second half and Lameros got a proper nuffle fucking. Don't think any play he made bar 1 (a 1 turn goblin throw touchdown) came off the entire half. I got 2 Blitzes and scored off one of them and whereas in the first half while he didn't injure any Saurus he did KO 3 of them in the second half all their armour held and he could only KO skinks who woke up after each of my scores so never got a numbers advantage either.

Was a good match, just wish the luck could be a little more even cos I have had games like this but been on the receiving end and it is very frustrating but I suppose that's the way the Nuffle crumbles!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 19, 2014, 04:48:02 AM

There was a bit of muffling but to be honest I always needed it to screw Ulysses to even have a sniff against his very solid side. In the first half I got a good run, but I couldn't convert that to a score and in the second my luck turned a little and Ulysses made me pay full price. I only scored because he was nice enough not to put the hammer down, and given no one died this time I can actually consider myself a bit lucky in the end. Those skinks of his seemed near immortal against my one tackle team, it was a miracle I actually injured any of them!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:49:55 AM by lamaros »
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 08:42:50 AM

Keep Rolling 1 - First Ladies 0

After the last match, Keep Rolling were fearing the worst, firing 3 levelled players, but it looks like luck was in their favour this match.  Within a few turns, The First Ladies were down a centaur and a minotaur, and that give us the strength advantage needed to slowly move the ball down the pitch, scoring on turn 8.  A well timed bribe of the ref kept the Deathroller on in the second half,and the ref still seemed to be on Keep Rolling's side, running the clock on, giving The First Ladies even less time to complete a drive.  They began to make headway, removing a few players, but were unable to capitalise on that, and the drive ended.

Thanks for the match Ruvaldt :)
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 12:43:39 PM

Fun game with Carnifex resulting in a 2-2 draw (4th draw in a row for me!).

Was pleased with the start, he elected for me to receive which is my favoured play anyway since it gives me a chance to lay some smackdown on his line and a chance at gaining an early lead. All went very much to plan with 1 injury and 2 KOs ealrly on allowing me a slow advance to an ultimate 1-0 lead on turn 4. Unfortunately I failed some armour rolls myself and and ended up a few players hort whereas his babes kept most of his players in the game and his regenerate kept his injured players in.

Felt ok for the next part of the first half as I caged him in quite well, but I hadn't accounted for the speed on werewolves and a handoff between the two allowed a long running touchdown on turn 8.

Seciod half left me short on players, but I still felt ok as the ball changed hands a bit, but then he broke it clear of my line and protected the ball carrier very well (despite my bullshit dodge past two guys which ended up with my guy down!). He sat on my end zone for 3 turns just out of reach, I did mange to mark him with a guy with tackle, but this wizard's lightning bolt sorted out that little issue for him and he scored with 2 turns left leaving him 2-1 up.

With so few players I had no choice, but to make a risky play. So far my orcs had played pretty well as elves, making some special dodges and some throws, I decided to charge my 2 blitzers down field. the first he surrounded with 4 players, the second he managed to knock down. It was all or nothing. i tried to blitz one of the guys off him, but that failed. So, I went for the bullshit dodge roll followed by 2 GFIs and got him into the end zone! Unbelievable! Then I GFIed my throwed to be in long range and took the shot... Crazily it worked, successful throw and the equalising point of turn 16!

Another game I was sure I'd lose, but Nuffle seems to want me to draw all games and he was not disappointed. 20/20 match rating did not surprise me, no long term injuries either side.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:31 AM

That's definitely workable. If you can give me til 1pm my time on Tuesday that would be rad.
Hey Modern, I'm around now for the rest of the evening (another 4 or 5 hours).  Just message me on steam when every your around.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 01:57:14 PM

Well, that escalated quickly.

I thought this was going to be a rough game after some bad rolls and one of my war dancers getting a permanent injury and re rolling to something equally shitty (ended up with niggling injury).

Then Modern proceded to get dice fucked.  Had tons of really bad rolls (lots of double skulls and the such), and I proceeded to make most of what I wanted, all the while pushing Elven bullshit to the limit.  Poor dwarves.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 02:55:47 PM

This was an exceedingly frustrating game. I was completely hapless. Nothing I did worked. I couldn't hem his elves in. He passed into multiple TZs with no issues. I couldn't break his armor. He danced around my dwarves with ease. I kept getting double skulls.

It was, and this isn't Teleku's fault, possibly the least fun BB match I've ever played.

The dice decided a final kick in the nuts was appropriate and gave my MVP to Morg. I've now gone three games without a skill up.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:06 PM

A 1-0 win in a very tight game against Reborne's Wrestlers for The Banned. This one really came down to just a few rolls and could have gone either way. If it hadn't been for a riot on the final kickoff I think I would have had a very hard time keeping him from scoring to even it up; it was basically down to one werewolf trying to stop the marching ogres at my end of the field.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 08:43:04 PM

Strazos, come back and play!   Heartbreak
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't notice that I was offline on Steam most of the evening. I was on yesterday but did not hear from you.

I have plans Friday evening, but should be around most of Saturday.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

But I heard from you yesterday!

Oh well... I guess Saturday it is.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:15 AM

Somebody approve our match, god damnit!  I had some level ups!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #53 on: January 24, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

Okay, fine...

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 02:34:17 PM

Dziękuję!

-Stephen Colbert
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:07 PM

Oh, I didn't get that message on my end - you appeared offline to me. Weird.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 25, 2014, 10:28:42 AM

Beetles lose 0-3 to Elves.

The first elf score was helped by a blitz on the kickoff.  They were nice enough to score quickly so it looked like just a minor bump in the road.  On the next drive, though, I made one huge, huge mistake with a skeleton near the cage and clicked on the wrong damn button for a Both Down instead of a Push, which not only freed up a dark elf blitzer w/block without making him dodge on the next turn, but to add insult to injury, it KOed my dude.  Next turn that blitzer swept in and took down the ball carrier as punishment for my mistake.

I suppose he could have made the dodge anyway, but ugh, I hate clicking on the wrong thing.

Matters were not helped by ol' Butterfingers thro-ra, who failed at least three pickups.  But, that happens.  Mainly it was just the elves hanging on with enough bodies to do their dancing and prancing and dodging and throwing and catching as elves do, and Strazos led them to a fine victory.  

Edit: stats would be nice, I suppose:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:37:35 AM by proudft »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was  
Jump to: