Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was  (Read 17074 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: January 15, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

On to Day 5 after another exciting day in the trenches.

Results from Day 4

Fixtures for Day 5

Deadline for these games is Saturday Jan 25th.

Rankings after four game days

Stats from BBManager below the cut.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:02:59 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Oh joy.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:01:18 PM

You posted the individual stats twice instead of the individual + team stats.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

Only a three hour time difference, Stabby? How unusual.
I guess most nights something my early evening/your later evening might work (7p/10p?) if that's not too late, or if the weekend is better we could probably do something that is in the afternoon for both of us?
What time/day would be best for you?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:40 PM

Willisterman!  What times are good for you?  I'm free pretty much any afternoon - evening (CST, -6:00 GMT) except for this coming Sunday due to American football.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:23:05 PM

megrim - i'm up for the game tomorrow night (friday for me) or weekend (sat - sun)
GMT +8 Just hit me up when I'm online.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 08:50:31 PM

Hmm, looks like I have last place all to myself.

... Things can only get better then!   why so serious?

Anyway Gruntle, as I'm guessing we're 3 hours apart (sorry,  mildly loopy atm and it's possible pluses and minuses aren't registering themselves properly) I'll let you know I've got Friday off, so I can pull a late game my time tomorrow night if we can squeeze it in then. If not, weekend is looking good as well.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:57 PM

Carnifex,

I'm GMT, got time this weekend?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 12:33:45 AM

Think it's most likely going to have to be a weekend game for us Lameros but your prayers may have been answered as my wife is due to give birth on Saturday so may not have time to play this week! Will look out for you on Steam and see if we can find a suitable time for the game.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:41:28 AM

Still not bottom!

Roxor, can't see you in the steam group, are you under a name I won't recognise?

I'm on GMT, Saturday looks pretty clear?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 03:15:44 AM

'sup drogg

When do you have time to play? I should be free during the day this week, after that uni starts and it might be more problematic to find a time.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 03:57:20 AM

Satael, let us fight with knives for that last place. My availablity is spotty over the next few days but I'm around tonight and after this weekend. I'm CET (GMT+1).

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 05:20:16 AM

Satael, let us fight with knives for that last place. My availablity is spotty over the next few days but I'm around tonight and after this weekend. I'm CET (GMT+1).
I'm available most week nights and on the weekend. Since I'm GMT+2 we shouldn't have much trouble getting the game played.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 05:27:43 AM

Teleku! When do we meet? I'm Eastern time. I'm mostly clear except Mondays.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 07:26:38 AM

Would tonight work sometime?  I'm 6 hours ahead of you, so if we started no later than 5 or 5:30 your time, that would be good.  Otherwise, I'm taking off Friday morning for temporary duty to Krakow, and wont be back till Sunday evening.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 09:30:22 AM

Roxor, can't see you in the steam group, are you under a name I won't recognise?

I'm on GMT, Saturday looks pretty clear?

I'm Roxorowski on steam.

Saturday should be dandy, I'm p. much free all day then.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:12 AM

Would tonight work sometime?  I'm 6 hours ahead of you, so if we started no later than 5 or 5:30 your time, that would be good.  Otherwise, I'm taking off Friday morning for temporary duty to Krakow, and wont be back till Sunday evening.

That probably won't work, I'm afraid. That's a perfect collision of picking the kid up from school + dinner right about there. We've got some time, though. Monday morning  thru midday my time would mesh with your schedule, right? Obviously my evenings are your 3am
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 11:07:19 AM

Anyway Gruntle, as I'm guessing we're 3 hours apart (sorry,  mildly loopy atm and it's possible pluses and minuses aren't registering themselves properly) I'll let you know I've got Friday off, so I can pull a late game my time tomorrow night if we can squeeze it in then. If not, weekend is looking good as well.
Alright, I'll look for you tonight on steam and if not then we'll try on the weekend.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

That probably won't work, I'm afraid. That's a perfect collision of picking the kid up from school + dinner right about there. We've got some time, though. Monday morning  thru midday my time would mesh with your schedule, right? Obviously my evenings are your 3am
Monday could work.  Its a federal holiday, so not doing anything, and I'll be back from Krakow.  Should be able to play at some point with you in the day.  Let me know what times best for you your time, and I'll try to be available.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 09:08:50 PM

In a brutal wet rout, the Nifty Helmets beat the Daring Believers 2-0.

Even without their usual rerolls, the dice were all on fire for the chaos side, who didn't fail to pick up the ball in the rain even once, whereas the believers's only succeeded once (out of 8 tries). Successful blocks and a lucky run of injuries took out the believer's star player at the start of each half and neutralized one of their two flesh golems. A string of successful blocks (and KOs) continued bolstering the growing chaos numbers advantage; in the sixth turn, the necromatic team only had two players still on the field when the chaos team finally scored. The bludweiser babes restored much of the necromatic team for each successive kick off -- and chaos never managed similar domination again -- but the slippery ball and a raging minotaur (who barely wild animal'd at all) prevented Stabby's team from developing any momentum necessary to equalize the score.
But what can anyone do when their dice decide not to cooperate?

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

stabby time to quit and reroll amazon.  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 11:19:19 PM

So Ulysses, I figure the weekend will be our best bet. I'm mended enough to play: tell me when suits you best.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

Most likely around 8-9pm UK (GMT) time on Saturday or Sunday as it stands at the moment - can stay up and start a game until around Midnight so how does that sit with your time zones is it workable? If not can also do fairly early around 9am GMT as a start time.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 04:37:45 AM

Hmm that's pretty much middle of the night for me, so a little later on (9am my Sunday is 10pm your sat I think?) might be the best bet?
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 08:10:31 AM

Vibrant Filling won the toss and elected to receive. Though aided by the mighty Morg n' Thorg and with a Wizard secreted in the stands the Bleatings looked mightily intimidating. However it appeared their bark was worse than their bite with two KO's on the very first turn. Vibrant Filling began to roll the ball up the side looking to score a late half touchdown. Alas it was not to be Bleatings recovered from their original shock and were able to stymie the drive and the half ended with the score at 0-0 but things looking positive for Vibrant Filling with the Beast of Nurgle beaten into submission by Morg.

The half time chat for Nurgle was clearly inspiring as they collected the ball, and KO'd two beastmen in payment for the start of the match. A pestigor broke through the chaos lines but the wizard happily picked him off allowing a chaos warrior the time to scoop up the ball and make a run for the line. He almost made it but in his haste tripped over his own feet at the touchline, looking back he could see the rest of his team strewn about the pitch groaning. Bleatings made one desperate run but time was called before the touchdown was made.

Dice were against both of us, just couldn't quite cross that touchline!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 11:17:36 AM

The rats failed at almost every dice roll and I had very little to do with the outcome of the game.  Ohhhhh, I see.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 11:24:24 AM

Yeah, between the mounting rat casualties and failing every action that mattered, whether it was a throw, a GfI, a Dodge, KO rolls or whatever, I wasn't really able to contest the game. So many times I stood my remaining guys up then immediately turned over on the first action of the turn. Satael played a solid game but he didn't need to. I had no players on the pitch to contest with by about turn 12 or so and Nuffle wasn't letting me complete any kind of play anyhow.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 12:52:28 PM

Monday could work.  Its a federal holiday, so not doing anything, and I'll be back from Krakow.  Should be able to play at some point with you in the day.  Let me know what times best for you your time, and I'll try to be available.

I actually can't. I was reminded that my little girl is marching in the MLK parade on Monday morning (oops) so I've no idea when I'm going to be in and out.

How's Tuesday my midday/your afternoon or evening look?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 01:30:31 PM

During the weekdays, any time after about 6 my time (noon your time) works.

-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

That's definitely workable. If you can give me til 1pm my time on Tuesday that would be rad.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 04:14:40 AM

'sup drogg

When do you have time to play? I should be free during the day this week, after that uni starts and it might be more problematic to find a time.
should be around most of the weekend - sorry for the radio silence during the week, i managed to brick two routers in a row, whoops!

i'll keep an eye out for you on steam.  GMT-8, for reference
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 06:34:06 AM

Secret Unicorns - 2
Sidekick Storm - 0

Really tense game. Possibly something a Pyrrhic victory for the humans, who took 4 or 5 injuries, none of them badly hurts.

At 1-0 a few turns into the second half, the game was decided when seeing the humans were down to 6 players on the pitch, the halflings saw an opportunity for a win that would be pivotal given the state of the league table. But they overextended, the Unicorns got on the ball and were able to turn around what should have been at least a tie for the Storm.

Well played Roxor.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 06:39:45 AM

Hmm that's pretty much middle of the night for me, so a little later on (9am my Sunday is 10pm your sat I think?) might be the best bet?

OK looking like I will be home around 10pm tonight so will look out for you.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:38 AM

Jesus Christ, Denton, this game left me on the edge of my seat.

First half I chose to receive, and it was a fairly easy touchdown at 8th turn. BUT I still lost a catcher to a niggling injury, a lino to a MNG and another lino after an 8-man foul on Zara that only got a stun.

Second half, I notice that a treeman gets taken off the field because of sweltering heat, and with the auspicious previous half in mind, I think "I got this". Then suddenly I found myself with only 6 dudes left on the pitch after the second turn as 2 of my folks got KO'd, and then a MB blitzer got deadened, fortunately apothed into MNG. Queue absolutely frantic attempts at smacking down Zara the carrier, surrounded tightly by halflings like some goddamned Snow White, which only resulted in my blokes getting smacked down instead.

Zara runs down the pitch, a 2d blitz with gfis involved fortunately takes her down. Thrower snatches the ball, I do one gfi for a handoff, of course it has to be rerolled. Handoff fails, ball bounces back from catcher into the thrower's hands. WUT. Another Zara blitz, thrower is down, Zara tries to go for the ball, trips and stuns on a failed dodge. After that I managed a pickup and handoff (REROLL) to a strategically placed blitzer who ran off into safety and would later score for 2:0.

I want to thank the halfling master chef who found it reasonable to steal none of my rerolls during the 2nd half, which dramatically saved my ass. GG Eldaec, that was a really cool game.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 07:08:55 AM

'sup drogg

should be around most of the weekend - sorry for the radio silence during the week, i managed to brick two routers in a row, whoops!

i'll keep an eye out for you on steam.  GMT-8, for reference
Would be really good if we could play today or tomorrow, I'm GMT+1. Added you on steam
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:26:36 AM by Jaedar »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 5, Same As It Ever Was  
Jump to: