Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Rick and Morty 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 51525 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: January 13, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

Has anybody else seen this? I expected nothing and it turned out to actually be really funny in places. It's totally ridiculous, but Morty plays the perfect foil to Rick's insane-old-alcoholic-scientist.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:19:37 AM

I've seen the Christmas episode four times now and not one of the others.  It's beginning to bother me, but that one episode is better than what aqua teen has morphed in to over the last decade.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:11 AM

There was a recent episode where they get pulled into an alien holodeck by alien con artists that are actually complete idiots. The little jokes are everywhere and it's awesome.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:45:11 PM

Rick and Morty is a bonafide ratings hit for Adult Swim, beating out Archer last week.

All of the episodes aired so far are on youtube...  some legit (adult swim puts them up for a week or more free) and some are either semi-legit or not legit (youtube doesn't seem to be pulling them).  More people should be watching this!

It really is the best thing to come out of Adult Swim in ages.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:57 PM

It's amazingly funny, but I'm glad others are picking up on it! I hope they continue to do more.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

This is a great, great animated show. Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland are knocking it out of the park.

It might not be my favorite animated show, but it's certainly the best one in that I can show it to anyone, it's way more accessible.

I might still like China, IL more. I dunno.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:40 PM

For whatever reason, I was dying in the after credits scene from the last episode where Rick and Summer go around beating up (and spitting on) people they don't like.  There hasn't been any classic lines so far in this half of the season though....  not like the Hemmingway line or <robot voice>"Where are my testicles, Summer?"

I seriously can't believe more people here aren't watching it.
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

Yeah it's by far the best new comedy series out there right now :)
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:49 PM

They have new episodes of this out now. The one with Rick getting sent before the Council of Ricks was awesome. It's got a lot of moments where I find myself laughing loudly in my house, and that's rare. They are starting to flesh out the other characters too, which is a good thing.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 12:10:57 PM

It was pretty rickdiculous.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 07:06:44 AM

"Everybody relax.  If I know these a-holes, and I *am* these a-holes..."
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:40:49 AM

"Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!" - Abradolph Lincler

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 04:44:55 PM

Going to necro this thread because I just recently got turned on to this show at a friend's house and it's fucking amazing and more folks here should be watching it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 04:58:38 PM

Going to necro this thread because I just recently got turned on to this show at a friend's house and it's fucking amazing and more folks here should be watching it.
Is there still only one season?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 05:04:09 PM

Yes, out on DVD now. Mr. Mizeks shilled it for them so their hands were clean. 

I may enjoy this show too much.

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 04:50:02 PM

There should be a new season sometime this summer.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 12:22:47 PM

Sometimes science is a lot more art, than science. A lot of people don't get that.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 09:38:15 PM

I posted this in the Dota thread, but the creator and voices for Rick and Morty is doing an announcer pack for Dota 2.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 07:09:35 AM

Thought I'd try one episode because of this thread and wound up watching the whole damn season last night.  It's fantastic, going to order the dvd now.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:53 PM

No comments in 120 days? Who gives a fuck.

New episodes start Sunday. Here's an interview with Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon at AV club for you to chew on until then.
http://www.avclub.com/article/theres-one-secret-rick-and-morty-guys-will-never-r-222269?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_campaign=default

I now need to hunt down the reddit theory thread.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 05:34:15 PM

Oh shit, that's this Sunday?  That's gonna call for a viewing party.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 06:46:23 PM

OMG so excited!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 06:08:36 PM

"Number one is me asshole."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:52 AM

This one had so many good moments. I loved the Jerry daycare and the Roy game the best, I think.

"You went back to the carpet store after beating cancer? Lame!"

"This guy's taking Roy off the grid, no social security number or anything!"

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 08:56:57 PM

Wow, the ending to this one was fucking DARK

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 05:23:45 AM

Quite. Even the tag, which was funny, was dark when you think about it. He just can't get over her. They're REALLY exploring Rick as a character this season.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 05:43:45 AM

I watched the first episode on Uverse on-demand a few weeks ago.  Last night I saw that they only had episode 3 and later available.  Whoops!  So I watched #3 anyway.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 05:17:51 AM

Upon reflection I'm going to watch the next episode, but I'm not sure I like where this show is heading if they are going to start drilling down into reality of characters that live in a completely unrealistic set of scenarios.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 10:57:45 AM

drilling down into reality of characters that live in a completely unrealistic set of scenarios.

What you just described is pretty much the essence of any good work of science fiction.

And yeah, since the first couple of episodes of this show I've been watching it more as science fiction that happens to be hilarious than as a comedy that happens to have a sci-fi premise.  So I love that they're continuing to explore new concepts as well as the consequences of all the completely bizarre shit they've introduced (like the Jerry day care logically following from all the alternate Ricks being in contact and having a large set of needs in common).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 02:40:56 PM

I've only ever watched it as Sci-Fi comedy. It's part of the amazingness of the show to me, much like the science jokes that were in Futurama.

Watching my wife try to wrap her head around the multiverse of Ricks the first time was amazing, while it was only a natural sci-fi beat to me - who'd come across the premise before.

(like the Jerry day care logically following from all the alternate Ricks being in contact and having a large set of needs in common).

One of my favorite parts of that episode!

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 03:22:54 PM

I don't quite understand what Paelos is saying but I think he means it doesn't make sense to deeply explore characters since the plot has shown they are almost interchangeable with others (in the multiverse).

We're still watching even though we know Rick and Morty aren't even in their own universe anymore, their version of Earth got "Cronenberged" and they just replaced a Rick and Morty duo that got killed.  Their real family are fighting in a (Rick induced, Morty inspired) post apocalypse nightmare.

I'm okay with it though because I care about all the Rick and Mortys out there - that didn't sell out and join the trans-dimensional council of Ricks.

Edit: You know what, this show is doomed because it requires too many brain cells.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 06:33:25 AM

I don't mind thinking about the characters, but the idea presented was that it was a comedy based on a series of insane sci-fi events.

The writers seem to be taking it into the real grimdark world of consequences of those comedic events. Which is not what I signed on for in a cartoon show. You can't take me on an episode of Family Guy and leave me with True Detective Season 1.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:30 PM

The writers seem to be taking it into the real grimdark world of consequences of those comedic events.

I had a long post halfway written breaking down all the "grimdark" stuff in the first season (starting in the pilot episode) so I could ask you what the hell you're smoking that you think that a bait and switch was pulled, but it started to feel eerily familiar and I remembered the Monopoly thread.   awesome, for real

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 12:51:13 PM

Heh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 02:28:06 PM

Paelos' default interpretation of "Cartoon = Funny" seems to be the issue, really.

Because that's not the default in 2015. Certainly not on Adult Swim.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Rick and Morty  
Jump to: