Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 4, It's All Gonna Burn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 4, It's All Gonna Burn  (Read 19348 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 08:45:17 AM

Fursecution 2 - 3 Knights of Codexia

First half was massively exciting, lots of end-to-end action from both teams and some glory plays. I opted to receive, put some rats downfield and backpedalled for a bit before scoring from a pass on turn 3. The next drive let the Knights benefit from 12 players on the pitch which I didn't notice until checking the log on BBManager later. The knights caged up and I decided to fireball them, four Knights were under the blast and three were hit including the ball carrier. None broke armour however. I got he ball and handed it off to a thrower who scampered out of range. Next turn I tried an ill-advised pass to a marked Gutter Runner only to see the ball intercepted by one of the markers. The Knights quickly turned around, charged down the flank and made a pass to equalise. With only 3 turns left I went for another fast play and put more rats downfield. RK marked them all but I got one free and into the endzone. A run-handoff-run-pass play almost came to a screeching halt when the pass went wide but I was very lucky and it bounced into the hands of the waiting Gutter Runner anyway for a score. The last drive of the half went almost the same way in reverse. RK had two turns to score and he flooded my backfield with bodies. I marked them all and blitzed down the one with Catch but he was able to complete a pass, dodge away from the marker and make the GfI required to tie the game at halftime.

The second half was much more one sided. The Humans took Skaven off the pitch with monotonous regularity, three injuries and a KO in four consecutive blocks at one point. I got the ball off the Knights during a bit of a scramble but had nowhere to take it and nothing to support it with. The Humans consolidated their numbers advantage while keeping the ball out of reach until the last turn when they scored the winner. At that point I had 5 injured rats and 3 in the KO box. The last turn was uneventful and the game was done. I got two level ups including +1ag on a Gutter Runner. One Stormvermin will miss the next game.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 12:13:05 AM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 01:08:38 AM

A grueling match for the Chaos String Theorists. Turn 1 had the level 3 cw get mowed down (though apo brought him back to his feet). Turn 2 had the minotaur KO'd (for the rest of the game) and Turn 3 had a bm get killed... after that start I'm just happy to not have lost  awesome, for real
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 02:02:58 AM

Secret Military Union 0:2 Huitzilohuehuehue's Gift

Well, all I can say is, there's not much one can do when all his blocks end up as reds/pushes, while the enemy team with no block succeeds on every block, getting stun every 2nd KD (same thing with pickups) Ohhhhh, I see.

Whatever, gg anyway Megrim-san.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 02:06:13 AM

Huitzilopochtli's Gift 2 - 0 Secret Military Unicorn

Game uploaded on bbmanager. Note to self: pick an easier to spell team name next time you retard.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 09:42:46 AM

Eldaec, where you at?

GMT, and can be online pretty much any time tomorrow, how you set for Sunday?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 01:18:04 PM

Beetles tie Boyz 1-1.

This was looking to be another worrisome match for the Beetles, as the orcs have lots of skills and lots of Block and Guard and I was afraid of getting outbashed, which is really the only Khemri strong point.   The Beetles had 60k inducements, and got some Bloodweiser Babes for this eventuality.

Looking over the Boyz roster, the main target was going to be the fancy thrower Rurfang, who has Accurate, Dump-Off, and Nerves of Steel which makes him fairly annoying.  His -1 AV makes him an even more enticing target.  Boyz won the toss and elected to receive.

The Beetle tomb guardians were off the main line and a bit towards the sidelines which I think encouraged the Boyz to try and run it up the middle.  This resulted in a large smacking sound as the two bashy teams collided in a mess of blocks and injuries.  When the dust settled, not only Rurfang but BOTH orc throwers were out of the game with injuries, which put a big dent in the Boyz's offensive plans.  And, even better, the ball was loose.  The first Beetle to pick it up felt daring and tried a pass to the blitz-ra who was busy roughing up a goblin at the far end of the field but - predictably - the ball went 2 feet and landed next to the skeleton.  On the next turn, the Beetles went with the more reliable running game and proceeded to slowly march up the field and eat up the clock.

The ball-carrying skeleton made a break for it on turn 6, and an orc blitzer was able to get next to him but not actually tackle, and with some assistance from more Beetles players, the pesky orc was taken down, no dodge was necessary and the ball was walked in on turn 8.

The second half featured the "glorious" Beetles "offense", which successfully picked up the ball (moral victory) and began to cage up on the left side of the field to press forward for the game-sealing score.   But things began to fall apart after a few turns.   The disgruntled goblin fouled out a tomb guardian (he got caught, but whoopee), and another tomb guardian got tied up with a black orc away from the cage.  The weakened cage changed tactics to 'stall' and then as it finally crumbled to 'oh shit, get the ball out of here.'

The ball was finally knocked loose and orcs scooped it up.  The khemri were closing in around the edges, though, and it looked like the game was going to end 1-0 when a HERO VILLAIN AROSE.  Some orc blitzer took a handoff, dodged, and ran his fat orc legs off just as a bunch of khemri hit the deck and, bam, he was in the clear and poised to tie the game on turn 15 with nobody able to reach him.  The Beetles will have to content themselves with knowing the other orcs are all going to call that guy an elf.

WTB wizard PST

An exciting game, though I liked the first half better. :)

All three of the injured orcs were Badly Hurt.  Two injured khemeri were BH and one generic level 1 skeleton got a broken jaw, but who cares about him?

Stats:
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:23 PM

Eldaec, where you at?

Sunday works fine, preferably some time during the day(GMT+1). How about 13:00 my time?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #43 on: January 11, 2014, 02:44:00 PM

The Banned beats the Hippies 3-1 in a game that featured one dead elf and a level 6 catcher who might as well be dead, as he now as a strength of 1. Between pushes, KOs, and injuries, Teleku's already-thin roster (he needed a loner to get to 11 due to 2 MNGs from the prior match) just couldn't keep enough guys on the field to stop me. A very different outcome from our match last season, where I couldn't knock his guys over due to his abundance of dodge. Wardancers made it through intact; I believe I am leveling 3 guys, including Sinij to level 5.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 11, 2014, 04:12:22 PM

The Minizilla's 5 - Reborne's Wrestlers 3

3 Snotling throw scores in one match, unbelievable! Very well played match by both sides with an (at least by me) unexpected scoreline. Reborne started well with a first turn snot throw but I quickly equalised to set up for a repeat of the first turn with Reborne taking the lead again. Again I score quickly and then the luck deserts Reborne as I get a blitz and manage to put a guy under the ball and score quickly to go into the break 3-2 up.

I have been steadily taking snots off the pitch and score quickly for the 4-2 lead in the second half and this time Rebornes throw attempt fails and I punish the bad luck with another score but lo and behold on the next play it comes off again! The ref is intimidated by the crown and put the clock forward a turn so I didn't quite manage to exterminate the entire snotling lineup though it wasn't for lack of trying and I got a number of my Saurus' 1 injury away from levelling up from the 7 or so snotlings I put in the injury box. The only injury Reborne managed was self inflicted on a both down roll when I tried to blitz the ball carrier with a non block skink doh!

Match is uploaded though again I picked day 1 so if you need me to do it again on the correct day let me know Iain.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

Still no word from my opponent.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:13 AM

Great summary from Proudft. As soon as he got the ball from me in the first half and was free I was ready to throw in the towel. 2 injuries and 3 KOs  with only 1 reserve and with him to recieve made my job of equalising seem impossible. he is right though, his great set up in the first half caused me to try and middle push and out bash, but it didn't work.

Second half started worse when i got a high kick so he put a skele under the ball meaning he didn't have to try and pick it up. My tactic was simply to delay and beat him up. I pulled off a tomb guardian with a black orc and kept him tied up at the side, seemed like a fair exchange to me. Likewise a goblin kept another player at bay, i figured i could always pull him off when needed and dodge would keep him semi safe (it did...). Then a miracle happened, I tied him up at the edge of the pitch and my goblin successfully fouled his Khemri suddenly turning the bashing scales in my favour (combined with only one failed roll from my troll in the whole game). Then another miracle, I managed to block the ball carrier and get the ball into the hands of a blitzer. The following turn I just need to dodge, then hand off to another blitzer in one tackle zone, then for him to dodge and make 2 GFIs... A lot of rolls, but I made it and got the draw.

Very tense second half, very fun match.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:40 AM

Wolven86 - Where do you live and when do you want to play this weekend?

Sorry I have been really busy this weekend, I am GMT and will be available to play from 1800 this evening.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 03:48:52 AM

Eldaec, where you at?

Sunday works fine, preferably some time during the day(GMT+1). How about 13:00 my time?

Online from now - accept the friend invite whenever and we can get started.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 06:07:22 AM

Stabby, sorry I wasn't online to ping you. I'm dumb and forgot when my in-laws showed up with very short notice. I'm open tonight if you're good.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:39 AM

Twitch - 2
Storm - 1

The scoreline masks what was a total rout.

The flings couldn't cope with the skaven speed and were only able to cover their failing a little with a one turn TD at the end of the first half. Most of rest of the game was spent with a GR holding the ball right by the end zone, with the Sidekicks unable to do a thing about it.

Well played Jaedar.

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 06:26:01 AM

I wanted to score early, but having no rerolls and the fact that halflings can do 1 turn TDs(as was shown first half), meant I had little choice but to cower by the endzone. I actually goofed quite a bit first half, as I meant to score so I had 2 turns to retaliate in case you did do a 1 turner, but I failed at the math.  Well played to you too Eldaec.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 06:26:23 AM

I really wanted to see the rats lose.
My fist is crying.

Strazos

Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 01:02:23 PM

Wolven86 - Where do you live and when do you want to play this weekend?

Sorry I have been really busy this weekend, I am GMT and will be available to play from 1800 this evening.

What is your steam name?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 02:38:01 PM

Stabby, sorry I wasn't online to ping you. I'm dumb and forgot when my in-laws showed up with very short notice. I'm open tonight if you're good.

Unfortunately it's my turn to have the impromtu visitors today, so tonight is not going to work for me. Tuesday evening then? (as you said you're not good for mondays)

Oh, before I forget to ask again, what's your steam name btw?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

Between the crowd and claw, I think I broke the dwarf team.   ACK!

Willisterman suffered a -MA to a blitzer, a -ST to a blitzer, -MA to his +MA runner, and a MNG.  There was a dead dude that the apoth saved, but not much else went well for the dwarves.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 02:56:21 PM

Unfortunately it's my turn to have the impromtu visitors today, so tonight is not going to work for me. Tuesday evening then? (as you said you're not good for mondays)

Oh, before I forget to ask again, what's your steam name btw?

Yeah, Tuesday will totally work. Steam name is Brocktoon and I'm in the f13 BB group so I'm easy to find.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

Iain, I'll be out for family stuff from 29 Jan - 08 Feb
I'm not sure which future Matchday would that be - but let's wait and see if I can slot the match in before my flight.

Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:32 AM

What is your steam name?

Wolvens Requiem
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

Iain, I'll be out for family stuff from 29 Jan - 08 Feb
I'm not sure which future Matchday would that be - but let's wait and see if I can slot the match in before my flight.
It also just occured to me that I'm going to be off in Manila for training from January 25th through February 20th.  So, um, may be hard to play what ever match day we have setup then.  I'll see if I can get a laptop to use from somebody while I'm there.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:14 AM

Between the crowd and claw, I think I broke the dwarf team.   ACK!

Willisterman suffered a -MA to a blitzer, a -ST to a blitzer, -MA to his +MA runner, and a MNG.  There was a dead dude that the apoth saved, but not much else went well for the dwarves.

When the third block on the first turn is a death, you can tell the game is not going to go your way...

Made a daft mistake at the end forgetting I had tackle, and even though I was kicking, I should really have opened with the deathroller, to save a bit of punishment...  But the dice were mostly against me.  Apart from my runner, who was just darting around the place, dodging and succeeding on 1die blocks.  His reward was -1mv :( 

Now to rebuild my team a little, as I'm probably gonna need to fire a lot of nicely levelled players :(
Strazos

Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

Finally got our game in.

First half, I win the toss and kick. While my kick goes out of bounds the Chaos put the ball in the hands of a Chaos Warrior. While I thought that meant I was in for a tough game, the elves manage to pop the ball out and score a touchdown in short order. On the ensuing Chaos drive, they meandered up the field steadily. While the elves were again able to pop the ball out, they did not have the time to score again, and the half ended 1-0.

Both teams start the second half down to 11 players, and the elves receive. The work their way upfield, and score their second TD fairly efficiently. The ensuing Chaos drive ate up enough time to force the elves play desperately for a TD, and a pass failed to put the elves in position for a third TD.

Fear the Backstab!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:38 AM

The First Ladies 0 - 0 [F13] Bridgeburners

Carnifex and I had a very tense match last night, which reminded both of us why we love this game so much.  Carnifex started with 150TV to spend and he went for the wizard.  I won the coin toss and elected to receive.

My first turn went poorly, and I was unable to get any real traction, though I at least picked up the ball.  Carnifex had a good first and second turn, managing to injure one of my linedwarves with guard.  I accepted the niggling injury and didn't use my apoth because the match was young and Carnifex's werewolf claws are sharp.  I expected the match to be pretty bashy.

At this point I made an error.  I wanted to flush out the wizard and played a bit more aggressively/erratically than I normally do and rushed forward with my bull centaur.  I didn't get the reaction that I was hoping for, got knocked down and a scrum ensued.  Carnifex battled over the ball, which bounced around a few times, while I generally remained one turn away from scoring with my centaur.  After several tense turns we ended the first half without a goal, though I did KO one of his werewolves, thankfully.

The second half started with an event that gave us bribes, though we would both forget to use them.  I got a good kick that was close to my line and Carnifex failed to pick up the ball in his first turn.  I surrounded the ball and pushed one of his pieces into it to bounce it out.  It landed in the waiting arms of one of my dwarves, but he was quickly knocked out.  We battled over the ball for the following four rounds, and I felt I was starting to get the upper hand and made a move to push out the ball again.  I got a really terrible bounce which pushed it clear of all of my players and Carnifex was able to pick it up/hand it off to a waiting ghoul.

At this point I had to knock down two flesh golems, a gfi, and a one-die block to get his ghoul down or he would score.  I managed to knock down the golems, made the gfi, and at first I got a both down (I think), but on a reroll I was able to knock the ghoul down towards the sideline.  The ball remained on my side of the field for the rest of the game as we battled it out.  At one point it seemed like I could break away with my centaur, but that wizard finally got used and I was knocked down.  This gave Carnifex time to get back into position around the ball, which I surrounded and protected from his last waiting werewolf until the end.

It was a great game.  I made a few key mistakes, and honestly just need to play more pick-up games to get back in the swing of things.  In the end though it was just about as even and tense a game of Blood Bowl as I've ever played, and I look forward to more matches with Carnifex soon.  I had a fabulous time and it could've gone either way at just about any moment.  It's not necessarily a game that translates well to watching a replay, but at the time the tension was fantastic.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

Well, it's tuesday Modern Angel, and though it occurs to me that we didn't exactly settle on a time I am going to be stuck in front of my computer for the next few hours with assorted tasks of non-enjoyment. Just added you on steam, feel free to pop in anytime for a game, it will certainly be a welcome diversion.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 14, 2014, 03:52:34 PM

Okay, word! Was thinking we might do the same as before: 8pm. I'll ping you shortly.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 14, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

Auspiciously, it seems that Steam is shitting the bed.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Power Team Volcano 2 - 0 Daring Believers!

It's about what you would expect: lots of shoving, biting, kicking, and fighting. Stabby totally played well, barring a couple rookie Frenzy mistakes, but his luck was just bad enough to swing the day my way. There's not a lot to report; despite the two TDs it was a pretty predictably played affair.

Except at the end. I decided to be dumb with my ball carrier, dodging through a tackle zone to get the ball for a meaningless TD. I couldn't pick it up, I burned a reroll, he picked it up, I dodged, and he died. This is my third dead ball carrier with Sure Hands. I can't even remember his goddamned name because I've lost so many.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: January 15, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Everything validated, day moved on.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 4, It's All Gonna Burn  
Jump to: