Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:07:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Christmas Cube 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Cube  (Read 4470 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:33 PM

Fired up MODO for the first time in a long time to try out the Christmas Cube.  Christmas Cube doesn't retain the cards you draft, because the cards in the Cube are insane including such things as Power 9 and stupidly broken cards from years past.

Did a Swiss (guaranteed three matches) and had a ball with:

Started draft with Channel, Yawgmoth's Will maybe hoping for something stormish.  Then got passed Opposition?  Fuck it!  Let's build an Opposition deck!

Combo:
Opposition, Deranged Hermit (squirrels!), Meloku, Golem that creates two duplicates.

Recursion:
Genesis, Eternal Witness

Board presence/defense, mid range beatsticks:
Thrun, Masticore

Board wipe/removal, control:
Deed!, Slaughter Pact, Sower of Temptation, Maze of Ith, Disfigure, G/B planeswalker with the "destroy nonland permanent" ability

The rest was good utility picks like CIP effects (Wall of Blossums, Idrik Stomphowler, Mystic Snake).

Games were hilarious.  Had the Opposition combo a few times, and with the massive recursion between Witness/Genesis I could easily bounce back from board wipe or whatever.  Lost one match to mana screw, in one case losing my hand to mind twist the turn before I could drop a shitload of it to secure the board.

Great fun, awesome to use my Meloku minions and squirrels to completely tap down an opponent during their upkeep.

One game, I recurred Sower three times in the face of my opponents removal until he had to Wrath while I still had control of his Reveillark.  lololol
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:45 PM

either here nor there, but I have this entire cube on paper, short of like 63 cards. It's the most fun I've ever had with Magic. Here's a random pack from it:

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Christmas Cube  
Jump to: