Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 3. Reasons To Be Cheerful 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 3. Reasons To Be Cheerful  (Read 15441 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 10:22:46 PM

Strazos,

I'm GMT, you free this weekend? Am free most it it, but not later Sunday.

Sorry been all over the place. My availability has been, and will continue to be pretty random through New Year's. I might be open during the day on Friday so I'll try to be online.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:47 AM

Strazos,

I'm GMT, you free this weekend? Am free most it it, but not later Sunday.

Sorry been all over the place. My availability has been, and will continue to be pretty random through New Year's. I might be open during the day on Friday so I'll try to be online.

I'm about most of Friday, what time zone are you?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 06:04:56 AM

I'm off for a holiday and unavailable to play until next friday (the 27th) but I'll be able to play pretty much any time the next week (gmt+2)
Sounds ok to me. See you sometime then.

Back from the holiday  awesome, for real
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 01:30:30 PM

Carniflex, come out and play!
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 27, 2013, 06:39:15 PM

Carniflex, come out and play!
I'm gonna take you out to the sand. Seriously, I'm around all weekend except for a few hours when UFC is on. Gimme a time and I'll show.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 27, 2013, 08:57:21 PM

Carniflex and I played tonight, with Bleating Winning a tense match 1-0.  It looked like it was going to be a tie for a while, but I got some good rolls in the second half to secure the win.

I lost a rotter to death and another to injury.  The necro team had a -ST injury to a zombie, and a -AV to another zombie as well.  The other two injuries were just BHs or made their regen rolls.

Bleating | 1 - 0 | [F13]BridgeBurners

Teams
Bleating[F13]BridgeBurners
Race : NurgleNecromantic
TV : 15801460
Treasury : 61000060000
Rerolls : 34
Apothecary : 00
Fan Factor : 99
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Bleating[F13]BridgeBurners
Score : 10
Touchdowns inflicted : 10
Touchdowns sustained : 01
Passes : 00
Catches : 01
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 139
KOs inflicted : 12
Injuries inflicted : 42
Deaths inflicted : 01
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 016
Yards gained running : 5628
Ball Possession (%) : 6630
Own occupation: 5445
Opponent occupation : 4554
Note of the match: 11/20
Spectators: 29000
Strazos

Reply #41 on: December 27, 2013, 11:38:11 PM

Unfortunately I want on much today,and when I was the spotty Internet was down.

I get back home Sunday afternoon EST - hopefully this still allows us to get this game in.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 12:58:26 AM

I get back home Sunday afternoon EST - hopefully this still allows us to get this game in.

I waited until midnight, but had to give up in the end.

Guess it depends what time that is GMT, if its too late I'll be in bed...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 01:30:52 AM

I have a Steam Globe to give away to the team that can kill Jaedar's 31 SPP Gutter Runner.
Bounty is open till the end of qualifying rounds.

If you can kill 2 Gutter Runners, I will give you two Steam Globes.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 01:32:26 AM

Me and Satael played. I have but a few comments: 2 heads 2 good, big hand too strong and av7 very comfy to sleep in.

2-1 for the rats, with the one surrendered TD being completely unopposed.

Chaos String Theorists | 1 - 2 | family of twitch

Teams
Chaos String Theoristsfamily of twitch
Race : ChaosSkaven
TV : 12801260
Treasury : 4000050000
Rerolls : 32
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 48
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Chaos String Theoristsfamily of twitch
Score : 12
Touchdowns inflicted : 12
Touchdowns sustained : 21
Passes : 10
Catches : 10
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 197
KOs inflicted : 71
Injuries inflicted : 31
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 202
Yards gained running : 5060
Ball Possession (%) : 3545
Own occupation: 5445
Opponent occupation : 4554
Note of the match: 17/20
Spectators: 26000
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 01:40:58 AM

I'll get you, dirty rats.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 06:26:46 PM

I'm not sure what is going on this season, but we just had another match where I didn't lose  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Wrestlers 1 - 1 Power Team Volcano

Match was painful.
Minotaur with Claw and Morg making their way through my team until half the pitch turned from green to red.
Thankfully the biggest injury was just Kane missing next game.

Game started with me receiving and after a bad snot throw the ball was behind their line.
Managed to stall it out till half time.

MA receives and has a much better time walking down the field.

Successful snot throw causes the draw.

The last few turns were played out around the half way point, just biffing away at each other.
I tried for a mirracle on the last turn and almost got it.
Break tackle to clear another ogre, snot dodges to pick up the ball that is being watched, 3 red zones to the successful hand off, Ogre fails the throw :(

Game uploaded and I remembered the stats this time.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 01:40:30 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - The Nifty Helmets 0

Gruntles damn minotaur tore my team to shreds, fortunately for me it was a strung out process and only 2 proper injuries with a Saurus out MNG and only my second skink death in 3 seasons which is quite amazing really considering how fragile they are.

I managed to pen Gruntle into his own half during the first half due a fuck up where he has a clear run down my left flank but instead chooses to attempt a dodge past a sknk that fails and I manage to KO his ball carrier and claw goat in the process but was rather alarmed with the success Gruntle was having at removing my skinks and with 2 turns of the match left and the ball free for pick up but my last skink having to survive 3 sets of blocks being thrown at him somehow it does survive and I score to take a 1 - 0 lead. I cock up slightly on the setup and leave 1 skink in blitz range after moving the rest of my team back and Gruntle duly injures the gift I have presented him, though I get to return the favour though gruntle saves the injured dude with an apoth (a decision he will regret later).

Second half I am down 1 Saurus but have 10 players on the pitch, despite scoring 4 KO's against Gruntle they all wake up so he is at full strength but I setup for a quick score and make the pickup and hand off to get set up. However this doesn't take into account the leaping goat that gets over my sideline cage to injure the ball carrier and put the ball out for a toss back. Luckily for me it's still deep in gruntles half and with some manouvering and making 3 dodges I get the ball back in hand and scurry into a corner to run time down. I score a second with 3 turns left and the rest of the match is only notable for me giving Gruntles star goat a -STR injury on a +STR goat.

Really good game tbh and if Gruntle hadn't screwed up the pathing in the first half I am not sure I would have been able to pull off the win. Not looking forward to meeting the Helmets in the future unless someone kill that damn Minotaur or he has a normal game instead of being on steroids!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

Agreed, Mr Big needs to go away!
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:19 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - The Nifty Helmets 0

Welp, looks like this is turning into a rebuilding season for the Helmets after The Minizillas crushed them 2 to 0. The real loss to the Helmets was their +ST ball carrier, San-Gor whose natty locks were sheared away by the Saurus Chaqtla (who is credited with inflicting both of the Minizillas injuries this game) removing his exceptional strength. It was the huge fuckup involving San-Gor in the fist half that put the game out of the goats reach so maybe he needed to be humbled. Anyway we congratulate the Minizillas on another win in a division they continue to dominate and look forward to seeing what they do in the playoffs.

Stats for avaia: Mr Big failed three wild animals (out of 16) and loner'd one die -- equivalent to Kroqpot-Hi (the Krox) who failed 2 bone-heads (out of 11 / a lower number because it was stunned 3 times) and loner'd one die also. They both managed an attacker down result (mr. Big's skull was chosen by the ui over a push when the clock ran out) though Kroqpot only managed one defender down (only 4 blocks thrown) where as mr. Big inflicted 3 injuries (and 9 knock-downs over 15 blocks). On the other hand, Kroqpot's guard was often useful while Mr. Big's tentacles failed to hold any skinks in place. The solitary (skink) death was credited to Frizzy Antlers.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:52:53 PM by Gruntle »
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:17 PM

I waited until midnight, but had to give up in the end.

Guess it depends what time that is GMT, if its too late I'll be in bed...

Not heard from you, have invited you as steam friend. Any chance we can play soon? I'm at work this week, except the 1st Jan I have off.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 01:25:43 PM

Stabby - my evenings are generally free starting tomorrow (the 31st), through the 3rd. I am free most of the day on the 1st as well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos

Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 01:40:06 PM

Not heard from you, have invited you as steam friend. Any chance we can play soon? I'm at work this week, except the 1st Jan I have off.

I had some errands earlier today, but as I'm not doing anything until I go back to work Thursday, I should be pretty free.

Fear the Backstab!
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 10:08:59 AM

Stabby - my evenings are generally free starting tomorrow (the 31st), through the 3rd. I am free most of the day on the 1st as well.

Okay, shall we try for tomorrow then? I'm currently on the tail end of a all night Doctor Who/James Bond marathon and have hit the interesting point where all the details are blending together in a manner that makes almost perfect sense, so it is probably a time to call it a day... well, maybe just one more.

Anyway, will add you to steam, but for tomorrow shall we aim for 6pm EST (that's 3pm for you right?) as a rough starting point?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 11:20:29 AM

I should be recovered from 6 am practice by 3 pm, sounds like a plan.

Strazos

Reply #55 on: January 01, 2014, 08:50:43 AM

Got the game in. It was a bit of a back and forth before the Orcs were able to miraculously sneak one over the line at the end of the first half. In the second half I delayed for the tie as I didn't trust my armor, or his STR advantage, to be able to either hold his team or get the ball back. Once I scored late in the second half, the Orcs got plenty of armor breaks (justifying the delaying tactics, in my mind)  and could have scored if they had more time.

Fear the Backstab!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 01, 2014, 08:59:40 AM

Was an interesting game, seeing how another coach plays in a totally different style.

I chose to receive with the aim of denying the elves a chance to score whilst beating them up. Terrible armour rolls denied any injuries and resulted I think in 1 KO in the first half! Still, despite a valiant defence, the Orcs made a steady push until an opening revealed itself and wasn't too difficult to get a turn 8 TD.

Second half resulted in the Elves managing to get the ball and running it close to my TD line early on. With a decent wide cage I had only a few chances to get the ball back, but instead of scoring he allowed me to beat up Elves finally scoring the injuries I wanted. Still, he didn't score until I forced the issue pretty much guaranteeing a draw. To my mind I'd have scored early and then tried to get the ball back off me, Elves being what they are it isn't difficult to score if the ball comes loose.

As it was, the injuries I gave allowed me to get the ball upfield, but not enough time to score left the promised draw. Little bit of a shame, would've liked to see a win from one of us.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 01, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

Not a lot to say about this one; Stabby bought Ramtut, who clogged up the middle but didn't manage much else of use; so far this season star players have not really pulled their weight on either side of the matches I've played. He was ceremonially fouled out of the game on turn 15 after knocking himself over with wrestle. The fact that it rained the entire game really hurt Stabby compared to me, as he had fewer rerolls and nobody with Sure Hands yet - I think he failed upwards of 5 pickup rolls in the game, it was like playing Khemri. No permanent injuries, though one of his werewolves narrowly avoided death on turn 16 thanks to regen.

Probably the other big factor was my zombies and FGs all had block (minus my kicker, who leveled and will be getting it) where his didn't, which led to an inevitable block success advantage for me. my development has been oddly even in general.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:20:00 PM by Ingmar »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

So, the deadline has passed.  Everybody finished?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #59 on: January 04, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

I'm in Zürich til monday evening. I'll check and advance the day then. Any unplayed games will be given as draws.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 3. Reasons To Be Cheerful  
Jump to: