Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:05:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484667 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1400 on: December 04, 2014, 07:41:48 PM

Fucking Blizzard isn't going to give us flight in 6.1, either.

(link goes to Wowhead's summary of today's Blizzard AMA)

I swear to Christ, what bug crawled up their guts and gave them the idea that their players hate flying?

Assholes.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1401 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:30 PM

That just makes it easier not to resub!

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1402 on: December 04, 2014, 10:05:47 PM

Blood DKs, Prot Warriors and Prot Pallys are doing *RIDICULOUS* amounts of AOE damage right now.  It's crazy-town and I keep expecting nerfs because Tanks are hitting 2-3x pure DPS class AOE numbers.

DPS or Damage done? Back in the day my Prot Pally would easily win the damage done meter in any dungeon but that didn't mean she was DPSing shit down.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1403 on: December 04, 2014, 10:32:39 PM

FWIW my prot warrior was doing more DPS while questing than my ele shaman... even on single targets. I think that says more about ele shamans than prot warriors, though.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1404 on: December 06, 2014, 05:46:52 AM

That just makes it easier not to resub!

This.

Dickheads.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1405 on: December 06, 2014, 06:32:17 AM

I won't miss flying because none of the content takes advantage of it.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1406 on: December 06, 2014, 06:47:29 AM

Flying can go die in a fire, wow is just not a game that benefits from it.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2014, 07:46:41 AM

I don't know about 'benefit.' The word I use is 'fun.' Flying is fun. Humping the terrain trying to go over a ledge, or trying to go in straight line to some place on my map only to find I'm at the completely wrong elevation and have to spend 5 minutes going around is Not Fun.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1408 on: December 06, 2014, 08:21:49 AM

Or as it is in Tarandor, realizing that the road - which is why pretty much the shortest way - runs right through an Alliance outpost and the onoy way around adds minutes to your travel time.

Seriously who thought that was a good idea?
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1409 on: December 06, 2014, 09:02:50 AM

Seriously who thought that was a good idea?
Sounds like you're not having fun the right way... ;-)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1410 on: December 06, 2014, 03:43:15 PM

Are you subscribed and playing right now? Or is this just trolling par for the course.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #1411 on: December 06, 2014, 04:49:06 PM

I can see why flying might be problematic. I've leveled a toon from 1 to 100 and flying pretty much meant that I didn't care about the zones, quests or content at all. Select quests, fly straight to the objective, kill stuff and fly straight back to the quest giver. Don't care about the content.

That being said mountain hugging, backtracking, getting stuck and constantly being thrown off by mobs that I then have to kill to be able to continue to my objective is fucking annoying.

Arrak is is the bane of my existence. Nagrand at least can be traversed by mount easily. The blade spires in Arrak are just bad though

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1412 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:13 PM

Are you subscribed and playing right now? Or is this just trolling par for the course.

Yes and flying is not meant to be in a game like wow.  I get that it's fun and I don't disagree but the structure of THIS game, is not right for it.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1413 on: December 06, 2014, 05:05:31 PM

Just realized the level 100 jungle zone is blocked off, ie. not done. No wonder you can't fly.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1414 on: December 07, 2014, 04:53:36 AM

Reading various forum posts, garrison campaigns and invasions are dependent on how much dailies you grind. So that's another reason to ditch this thing.

Blizzard really put some effort on putting up a facade, but this is just cockstabbing everywhere once you hit 100. And not much content.

edit: looks like the crystal dailies from the garrison have the old kind of mob and activated item tagging, ie. whoever gets there first gets stuff, nobody else gets anything. Even elite mobs are like this. It's pretty incredible how fast this expansion crumbles after you hit max level.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:57:43 AM by jakonovski »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1415 on: December 07, 2014, 04:58:19 AM

Yes and flying is not meant to be in a game like wow.  I get that it's fun and I don't disagree but the structure of THIS game, is not right for it.

Except that it's been part of the game for longer than it's been not part of the game at this point, including all of the bits that seem to be looked back at the most favourably so I'll just have to say that you're not only wrong, but demonstratively so and continue to vote with my dollars.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1416 on: December 07, 2014, 09:57:35 AM

Except that it's been part of the game for longer than it's been not part of the game at this point, including all of the bits that seem to be looked back at the most favourably so I'll just have to say that you're not only wrong, but demonstratively so and continue to vote with my dollars.

Good for you! You vote with those dollars and you bitch in an online forum but guess what, for the most part? People playing the game right now that are having fun? They don't give a shit. 

Flying as a feature never meshes well with the structure of an open world mmo where mobs/players/nodes/objectives are all targets on the ground that can be dive bombed.  It's incredibly fun to soar around in the skies, I get that and blizzard gets that, which is why it's been in for so long.  Unfortunately it cheapens just about every aspect of this big open world they spent time creating because no one is ever in it or if they are its only one time during leveling.  I don't see how hard it is to grasp that just because one thing is fun doesn't mean it needs to be included or can actually make a finished product worse for it.  You don't add every tasty ingredient to a meal, you don't add every possible feature to a video game because while that cherry on top might be tasty, it doesn't exactly work in a lasagna.

For the last two expansions, the world in the world of warcraft was a ghost town and when you did see people it was in dungeons or in whatever main town there was.  Even if it wasn't empty it FELT empty and that sort of thing is bad for any mmo.  Turning the world the game is based on into nothing more than a glorified wallpaper and turning the actual game into little more than a lobby for instances is not a good strategy for retention.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1417 on: December 07, 2014, 10:01:35 AM

For the last two expansions, the world in the world of warcraft was a ghost town and when you did see people it was in dungeons or in whatever main town there was.  Even if it wasn't empty it FELT empty and that sort of thing is bad for any mmo.  Turning the world the game is based on into nothing more than a glorified wallpaper and turning the actual game into little more than a lobby for instances is not a good strategy for retention.

But the world is still empty. How has that changed? You don't have to run to instances. Once you collect all the shinies you never visit the zones again except for dailies. And nobody can see you in your garrison so you're all alone there usually. Everybody chilling out in SW/Ashran counts as a 'world' now?

And yes I am subbed. And I do agree that flying isn't THAT big of a deal since obviously I have fun with the game regardless, but I still wish it was in the game.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1418 on: December 07, 2014, 02:13:46 PM

The 'tricky' secrets/treasures hidden behind jumping puzzles and such (f'rex in Nagrand) can already be trivialized by using Aviana's Feather, an infinite-use item from one of the inn quests (10min cooldown). It launches you high into the air and then deploys a glider for 2min, giving you ~720% flight speed. The same item also makes avoiding ganks trivial, so the "flying kills world pvp" argument doesn't hold much water.

Also, if you have a gnome/goblin workshop, you can get copies of the above item (on shorter cooldowns) ever so often, as well as a very fast rocket that actually works as a flying mount for 1 min (then it goes boom). Engineers can also use gliders and craft glider kits for non-engineers that work like ghetto flying mounts in some areas.

So yeah, I think they'll add flying mounts back in before the end of the xpac. The lorelol explanation for it can't be any worse than the end of the main storyline, either...  why so serious?

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #1419 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:13 AM

Fuck the apexis crystal dailies. Since everybody and their alts is doing them the quest zones look like Stormwind during rush hour and all spawn points are so heavily camped that it will zake you hours to finish them up.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1420 on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:42 AM

Fuck the apexis crystal dailies. Since everybody and their alts is doing them the quest zones look like Stormwind during rush hour and all spawn points are so heavily camped that it will zake you hours to finish them up.

I play on a pvp server.  That solves the problem nicely!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1421 on: December 08, 2014, 07:41:11 AM

My PvP mate keeps grouping with me so he can jump onto my server and not get ganked.

This, to me, defeats the object of the exercise...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1422 on: December 08, 2014, 12:32:25 PM

It is weirdly like this. Saturday I had blackrock roost or whatever its called in shadowmoon and it was like 100% camped people just sitting on spawn nodes. On sunday doing the daily again there were like 2 of us there with the whole island to ourselves and it took me 10 minutes to punch it out. I have not been minding the daily apexis stuff yet as it does not take me long to bang them out and its a good excuse to work on my reputations without going to ape working on it.

I much prefer the guild campaign things for doing this kind of content as those are a lot more interesting than the normal apexis run around and slaughter stuff quests.

I hope they add in some other way to gain the rep needed for the trading post cause grinding that shit is kinda awful.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1423 on: December 08, 2014, 03:27:55 PM

I have never yet had to spend more then about 15 minutes tops doing an apexis daily run:
- Grab quest
- Get to zone
- Check Groupfinder tool for group
- Join group
- kill shit
- Hearth to garrison

Half the time I spend almost as much time trying to safely get to the group I just joined as I do finishing the quest.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Zephyr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1424 on: December 08, 2014, 05:48:21 PM

I have never yet had to spend more then about 15 minutes tops doing an apexis daily run:
- Grab quest
- Get to zone
- Check Groupfinder tool for group
- Join group
- kill shit
- Hearth to garrison

Half the time I spend almost as much time trying to safely get to the group I just joined as I do finishing the quest.

Same for me.  Quicker to grab the group quest and use group finder than to try to do the 800 crystal quest solo.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1425 on: December 08, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

The new LFG finder is so much better than people think.  its a very under advertised feature but it works.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #1426 on: December 09, 2014, 01:25:48 AM

under advertised? as in you won't even know it exists if you don't read patch notes?

They should have made a bigger deal out of it.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1427 on: December 09, 2014, 07:16:18 AM

I just discovered it the other day. I knew it was there, but assumed it wasn't very good. Finding a group has never been easier plus it is cross server!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1428 on: December 09, 2014, 07:25:14 AM

I see....

Or I do now anyway...

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1429 on: December 09, 2014, 10:19:37 AM

They made a blog post or something... 3 months before WOD's release. I'm sure their marketing department found it to be the best time slot to spread the word as far as possible why so serious?

link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15200760/premade-groups-looking-for-adventure-8-13-2014

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #1430 on: December 09, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

Lag just ate my +100 fishing rod during the fishing daily. Average ticket answer time 4 days 10 hours...

[edit: never mind should have read the tool tip]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:02:39 PM by Jeff Kelly »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1431 on: December 10, 2014, 03:22:05 AM

The Once a Month Item Recovery Service is EXCELLENT.

No sarcasm here.  It's really a good thing.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1432 on: December 11, 2014, 04:14:03 AM

Good for you! You vote with those dollars and you bitch in an online forum but guess what, for the most part? People playing the game right now that are having fun? They don't give a shit. 

Flying as a feature never meshes well with the structure of an open world mmo where mobs/players/nodes/objectives are all targets on the ground that can be dive bombed.  It's incredibly fun to soar around in the skies, I get that and blizzard gets that, which is why it's been in for so long.  Unfortunately it cheapens just about every aspect of this big open world they spent time creating because no one is ever in it or if they are its only one time during leveling.  I don't see how hard it is to grasp that just because one thing is fun doesn't mean it needs to be included or can actually make a finished product worse for it.  You don't add every tasty ingredient to a meal, you don't add every possible feature to a video game because while that cherry on top might be tasty, it doesn't exactly work in a lasagna.

Facepalm

Von Douchemore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1433 on: December 11, 2014, 08:43:34 AM

<- Playing right now and approve Lakov's stance on flying.

WoD is pretty fun so far. Garrison invasions aren't hard to trigger (also, you wouldn't want more than one per week, since you only get the rewards once per week too). My only gripe is that they kinda destroyed/oversimplified professions with the garrison buildings. Alchemy used to be great, now the only perk of being one is a 620 trinket and being able to craft slightly better flasks. Don't even mention transmutes.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1434 on: December 11, 2014, 12:31:27 PM

<- Playing right now and approve Lakov's stance on flying.

WoD is pretty fun so far. Garrison invasions aren't hard to trigger (also, you wouldn't want more than one per week, since you only get the rewards once per week too). My only gripe is that they kinda destroyed/oversimplified professions with the garrison buildings. Alchemy used to be great, now the only perk of being one is a 620 trinket and being able to craft slightly better flasks. Don't even mention transmutes.
Word in one of the blue posts is that blizz realizes that they kind of screwed the pooch on alchemy (as mentioned, Xmute spec is utterly useles at the moment), and have some fixes in the works, including a possible re-introduction of the special alchemy trinkets and other love. 

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: