Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 489542 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #840 on: June 29, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Guild leveling broke several of my guilds and the raid alliance, so I'm not sorry if they removed it entirely. It was a stupid idea from a failed game. Some things don't deserve to be assimilated into the Borg.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: June 29, 2014, 05:06:58 PM

There's usually at least a couple of people selling L25 guilds* in $CAPITAL_CITY anyway, so all this means is that you can actually pick the name rather than being stuck with <Rouge Angels of Satin>, <It burns when I PVP>, <I Crit In Your Mouth> or whatever.

(*Make guild, spam invites to everyone and their dog, lock down guild bank withdrawals, kick everyone when guild reaches L25, take all money/items from gbank, sell shell, repeat. It's not new).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: June 29, 2014, 11:24:58 PM

There's usually at least a couple of people selling L25 guilds* in $CAPITAL_CITY anyway, so all this means is that you can actually pick the name rather than being stuck with <Rouge Angels of Satin>, <It burns when I PVP>, <I Crit In Your Mouth> or whatever.

(*Make guild, spam invites to everyone and their dog, lock down guild bank withdrawals, kick everyone when guild reaches L25, take all money/items from gbank, sell shell, repeat. It's not new).
Not to mention that it is beyond stupidly easy to level a guild now.  I mean. Hell, my bank alt guild is something like level 15 right now.  It was level 3 when MoP started.  That is purely from the solo leveling of approximately 5 odd alts.  I dont even qualify for the massive guild Exp payouts of things like running guild 5 mans or guild PvP.  Hell, even a guild with only 5 active players in it should have EASILY hit 25 in MoP if they did dungeons or PvP together.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:50 AM

After poking around, it seems that some people have been successful in getting their pre-orders refunded by going through Bliz's support channels, though the action locks out your boosted-90 character until you give the money back or buy the expansion later.

I submitted a ticket just a little bit ago...will report back what happens.

And success. Got the email this morning that my request has been granted, and I just got a separate email from the Bliz Store confirming my refund.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #844 on: June 30, 2014, 07:37:30 AM

I'd love to see how many people cancelled those preorders.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #845 on: June 30, 2014, 10:41:35 AM

They just sent me a free 7-day.  I logged in, saw neither my dad or brother have played in six months.  I tinkered around a bit and realized I just don't care about it any more.  I've played EQ1 more in the past two years than I have WoW.  That's relatively sad.

Chances of me purchasing this xpac are pretty much nil; even if I was given the content, I'm simply over the game too much to play it.
Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: June 30, 2014, 11:10:20 AM

No, that's an April Fool's joke based on the pet breeding system they had been talking about on Twitter over the previous six months.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:12:45 AM by Wizgar »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: June 30, 2014, 05:05:45 PM

"Most of this is unconfirmed, unofficial news"
"Again, none of this has been officially announced yet"

Um.

Anyway, jumping puzzle! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F-Vz5ZLp2w

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: July 01, 2014, 02:13:53 AM

If there's one thing Blizzard does well... it's integrate other companies' games into their own.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: July 01, 2014, 04:00:14 AM

Faction-specific Auction Houses are done. Everything is unified in 6.0

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #850 on: July 01, 2014, 08:11:26 AM

That makes sense really. I imagine AH barons might be sad, or not.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: July 01, 2014, 02:39:01 PM

Oh they'll love it, saves the hassle of all the cross faction item trading and junk. Our tiny little guild had our servers resident AH mogul, he had like a dozen level 1 characters on either side to facilitate all his listings and stuff. It was pretty nuts.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #852 on: July 01, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

It will cut huge amounts of profit out for some of the guys on smaller server-sides. I had a friend who basically owned the entire jewelcrafting industry on a very small Horde server, because the market was small enough he could buy the entire thing out and set his own prices. Being forced to compete against their overpopulated Alliance side would really hurt him.

Overall a good change for the 99% though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: July 01, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

If the AH becomes unified I would assume that that means the "neutral" auction houses in the goblin towns are going away, so will using the AH to move Gold from cross faction become easier or harder?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #854 on: July 02, 2014, 06:42:15 AM

Easier. You can do it from a capital city with a lesser cut due to faction instead of an out of the way yellow AH vendor. (or did they take that faction mechanic out?)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: July 02, 2014, 10:46:20 AM

I need to find out where to get this doff follower:

(Also Leeroy and Jean-Claude down there)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #856 on: July 02, 2014, 01:19:46 PM

That guy observed so many Slap in the Face victories (and defeats) in Karazhan it is not even funny.

God Save the Horn Players
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #857 on: July 02, 2014, 05:58:26 PM

I can't remember all the items that summoned images and shit like that but I remember having like all of them. I loved popping the archmage image in random places and stupid people would take his quests and ask in global why they suddenly got these really low level quests.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: July 03, 2014, 11:53:16 AM

Heh, Rob Pardo is leaving Blizzard.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: July 03, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

You can read Pardo's announcement here without subjecting yourself to either Kotaku or Joystiq  awesome, for real

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #860 on: July 03, 2014, 12:27:24 PM

Who was saying that there's no way Ko-Dick would be dumb enough to kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

Ha.

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: July 03, 2014, 10:26:26 PM

The King is dead, Long Live the King.

Pardo leaving makes room for someone a new Design executive to come in and try to take Blizzard to whereever it needs to go in the next ten years. Now if they could just force Metzen out and break from the Blizzard IP trifecta in order to get some new, vibrant properties going.

Blizzard could be the games industry equivalent of a Pixar or other "Whatever we apply ourselves to, it will be amazing" type design company. Instead they're a Marvel wanna-be without the pop penetration. This doesn't undermine the sheer amount of crazy talent and expertise within its walls.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: July 04, 2014, 03:24:18 AM

Pardo leaving makes room for someone a new Design executive to come in and try to take Blizzard to whereever it needs to go in the next ten years. Now if they could just force Metzen out and break from the Blizzard IP trifecta in order to get some new, vibrant properties going.

Blizzard could be the games industry equivalent of a Pixar or other "Whatever we apply ourselves to, it will be amazing" type design company. Instead they're a Marvel wanna-be without the pop penetration. This doesn't undermine the sheer amount of crazy talent and expertise within its walls.

swamp poop

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: July 04, 2014, 06:03:35 AM

Since Pardo isn't immediately moving to a position at another company, or announcing the birth of his own startup, my take was more along the lines of "leaving due to creative differences, but with more class than Street."

why so serious?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: July 04, 2014, 06:27:32 AM

Yeah, that was almost certainly a 'Fuck This Place' or 'I've Been Fired' rather than a 'hey, new gig'.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #865 on: July 04, 2014, 07:42:44 AM

Yes, that's exactly what it was which is why my first suspect was Kotick interference.  We've seen it creep in slowly but I expect full on mobile and f2p monetization of gameplay elements PDQ in Blizzard's properties.  Depends on what we see come from Morhaime with this monumental shift.

Other creative industry companies have had to do exactly what you're talking about in the past, from graphic design and advertising to architecture and movies. Creative endeavors in games aren't special and unique snowflakes. In longstanding companies the 'new generation' talent was able to shine without requiring the exit of their creative leader unless he was an absolute controlling and micromanaging dick. Are you saying that's a flaw of Pardo's?

Blizzard has long been held up as a Pixar by fans, but as you say has only had 3 properties. They're not going to be that, ever. They report to a bigger master who's been flexing his control over the last 4-5 years. Each microtransaction creep is another very evident chink in their armor. It's easy to convince guys in their early 50s through late 30s that "it's just a little compromise."  They have obligations, and that extra few hundred bucks in your check goes a lot farther than the goodwill of faceless geeks. Particularly when you're peen-measuring in So Cal and Silicon Valley.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: July 04, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

Yeah, that was almost certainly a 'Fuck This Place' or 'I've Been Fired' rather than a 'hey, new gig'.

That's my take on it as well.  Maybe he can start his own company and re-hire all the ex-Blizzard devs and create Snowstorm Entertainment.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #867 on: July 04, 2014, 08:03:12 AM

Dobutful. More likely he'll be picked-up by someone than starting an endeavor of his own.  Creatives aren't the most business-savvy in my experience. They're too 'free spirited' for things like business rules and budgets.  (Now has a nightmare about his CCO becoming CEO)

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #868 on: July 04, 2014, 09:24:24 AM

Maybe he can grab the dudes who left Runic since they can't seem to stand having the same gig for more than a week.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:39 AM

I figured it was the other shoe dropping re: Titan.

And in other news: "So...it was a bear?"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:24:25 AM by Simond »

Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:13 PM

I'm just glad whenever one of those EverQuest fuckers hits the bricks. WoW's focus on raids that only maybe one in ten players really seem to genuinely give a fuck about (as opposed to muddling through in LFR or something because it's all there is to do) is an embarassing anachronism in 2014.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: July 07, 2014, 04:34:34 PM

So what do you suggest they replace it with?

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #872 on: July 07, 2014, 04:55:23 PM

I dunno, shitloads of 5-mans would be up my alley.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: July 07, 2014, 05:19:57 PM

Back in LK, raiding used to be accessible because the normal modes were relatively easy. Then they turned up the difficulty because the hardcore whined, and threw the casuals a bone with LFR. But LFR is shitty because you're playing with randoms instead of fucking around with your friends.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #874 on: July 07, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

Yes.

Plus the fuck-over of 'only one raid a week' instead of 'ok one 10 and one 25.'

Hell, I'm still a fan of the diablo 'go for broke' mode with a really big loot table, but the whining on Divinity: Original Sin steam forums about random loot shows me that the WoW-crowd RPGers won't handle that.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: