Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484792 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #175 on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:49 AM

And that is the lulziest thing of all.

I still would've loved to hear that conversation go down. "Hey guys.. know how you're our rockstars.  Yeah, you produced shit that isn't viable in today's market, back to WoW"

"But we let that flounder because this was IT"

"Well, now it's shit.  Sorry, bye!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #176 on: November 16, 2013, 11:41:14 AM

Take a look at those online 2012 & 2013 numbers again, Paelos.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I don't see what you mean. I'm referring to the Shareholder Summary Report for Q3 which details the online subscription revenue platform.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: November 16, 2013, 03:14:23 PM

I don't think the revamp can be construed as anything but a waste of time now, though. Not only are they letting people skip the content with a main, but with all the xp enhancements, I don't think there's a way you can make it through an entire zone anymore without wasting time on underleveled quests.

I mean if the back end of every zone is unnecessary now, and the fact there's several of those zones, the amount of manhours that could have actually gone into keeping customers with current content is just mind-boggling.

Speaking selfishly, the revamped leveling content was the most fun I had in Cataclysm.

And I suspect that, unless they flat out allow anyone to roll as may level 90s as they want with no restrictions, more people will be seeing the revamped low level content than will be, say, grinding Firelands dailies or running level 85 Raids.  Not that the revamped content is flawless or anything, but it's WAY better than the vanilla quests were.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 16, 2013, 03:49:09 PM

I don't see what you mean. I'm referring to the Shareholder Summary Report for Q3 which details the online subscription revenue platform.
http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

Q3 2012 subscription/licensing/etc. income: 880m
Q3 2013 subscription (etc) income: 1,016m

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #179 on: November 16, 2013, 06:17:02 PM

Uhh none of this WoW shit matters moneywise to them since Titan is about to go beta oh wait.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: November 16, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

I don't see how you can be a grown man and feel cool with being a WOW fanboy this day and age.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

I don't see how you can be a grown man and feel cool with being a WOW fanboy this day and age.

I know, it's almost like World of Warcraft won't make you cool AT ALL anymore!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #182 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04:11 PM

http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

Q3 2012 subscription/licensing/etc. income: 880m
Q3 2013 subscription (etc) income: 1,016m

That's the difference between GAAP and non-GAAP. The one you're linking is the GAAP financials with all the income adjustments (ie someone paying for 6 months gets counted in every month, even though the money is collected in the prior year). Non-GAAP is the revenue sans deferrals.

Also just comparing Q3 (those three months) to the prior Q3? Blizzard revenues specifically fell by $132M or 32%.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #183 on: November 16, 2013, 09:13:30 PM

And I suspect that, unless they flat out allow anyone to roll as may level 90s as they want with no restrictions, more people will be seeing the revamped low level content than will be, say, grinding Firelands dailies or running level 85 Raids.  Not that the revamped content is flawless or anything, but it's WAY better than the vanilla quests were.

I don't disagree that the layout is much better than vanilla. But let's also consider the UI improvements that went into this as well. The quest tracking, the UI on the map, and the directions all were improved along with the zones themselves. Would they just have been better off by reworking a few zones instead of all zones, adding those UI features, and then actually spending time on making/balancing newer content? Or without the mass exodus of subs, do we never see features like LFR and flex mode because people just keep buying in. We'll never know I suppose.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 17, 2013, 02:47:00 AM

How's the MMO fansite business going, Draegan?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 17, 2013, 04:13:13 AM

Member of the <I spent too much money on HEX> fanclub.

Wow.  Really.  Shush.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #186 on: November 17, 2013, 07:14:31 AM

Draegan being a dick isn't really new or interesting.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: November 17, 2013, 07:46:34 AM

I don't mind being a dick, I mind it when a bloke is balls deep in another bloke and screaming 'Gays are awful'.

Excuse me, I am being arrested by the bad analogy police.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 17, 2013, 07:50:48 AM

I always enjoy an appropriate use of 'balls deep'

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 17, 2013, 09:12:37 PM

How's the MMO fansite business going, Draegan?

Going quite well thank you.

The rest of you taking me seriously is entertaining to say the least. And Paelos? Anyone on this site not being a dick is news worthy.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:36 AM

I don't know about that.  The Mods are always nice and pleasant and helpful.

Be fair.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #191 on: November 18, 2013, 04:00:54 PM

Except me. I'm not. ZombieSigne

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #192 on: November 18, 2013, 04:42:56 PM

Nah you're nice too. Admit it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:53 PM

And then Paelos was banned in an explosion of raw irony.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15:46 AM

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:33:34 AM by Simond »

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #195 on: November 21, 2013, 03:09:31 PM

if it means anything when I was at Blizzcon it was super obvious that Metzen was high out of his mind the entire time

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #196 on: November 21, 2013, 03:37:20 PM

if it means anything when I was at Blizzcon it was super obvious that Metzen was high out of his mind the entire time

So like any Blizzcon then.  why so serious?

There was one year where he had the most obvious case of cottonmouth in the history of the universe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 21, 2013, 04:43:17 PM

So spines, shoulders and legs rotted through but tits, ass and lips perfect and pert.

Somethings never change.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #198 on: November 21, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

So spines, shoulders and legs rotted through but tits, ass and lips perfect and pert.

Somethings never change.

Glad I wasn't the only one who immediately noticed that. Undead asses you can bounce a silver off of.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #199 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:24 PM

The bra was the first thing that made me go  swamp poop because that's not ... that's not how bras work.

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45:08 PM

Clearly there are hooks on her exposed spine.  rolleyes

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 21, 2013, 06:05:14 PM

The bra was the first thing that made me go  swamp poop because that's not ... that's not how bras work.

Actually the bra has bolts on the back if you look closely.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #202 on: November 21, 2013, 08:48:35 PM

Sorry, but those are high wear areas of the body. Granted, the inside portion of the knee and elbow aren't but if they added the sacrum to the worn through bits you'd have pretty much all the spots that the elderly and bedridden people can have big problems with ulcers and friction.

Not saying they didn't make them sexualized but they're not nearly as off base with missing skin as you'd think.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:06 PM

Somethings never change.

Glad I wasn't the only one who immediately noticed that. Undead asses you can bounce a silver off of.
Undead Female - "Of course they are real.  They're not mine, but they're real!"

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:03 AM

Shamelessly stolen from MMO Champ: Side by side comparisons of New VS Old models

It's actually pretty impressive how much of a difference just changing the textures makes.  Like in the definition shown with the ribs / neck area.  Plus the Hair looks amazing.

Still, holy shit, Dat Ass......

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 22, 2013, 03:31:26 AM

From a forum post:
Seriously though, watching them roll out 10 main characters and having them all be men is disappointing. Maybe that works for the testosterone filled 18-24 male age group, but please remember that many of your players are women and men who appreciate a diversified story with actual female characters. Blizzard has always done a fair job of this, so the 10 main characters highlighted being all male felt very 2003 and out of touch for 2013. And frankly it's just boring to have the whole expansion be a sausage-festival.

Blizzard reply:
Valid concern and I can address that only a little right now, but it's worth noting that there are plans for some female characters as well. Historically the clan chiefs are all male, so I can see how with the announcement video that it looks very male heavy. But, there will be female characters that will have their time as well. I'm not going to say 50/50 or equal time since I'm not privy to the specifics right now and wouldn't want to spoil anything anyway, but I can say that the designers are working on it. I don't know how much was covered by Applecidermage when she spoke with quest designer Helen Cheng but from speaking to her (and she's someone that's been critical of this herself), she seemed pretty happy about what she's heard.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #206 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:37 AM

Metzen can't write a female character. This is pretty well established.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 22, 2013, 06:51:55 AM

Metzen can't write a female character. This is pretty well established.
To be fair, Metzen can't write like... anything.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 22, 2013, 07:12:17 AM

It's not like I don't agree with the lack of good female characters, but why is this suddenly an issue? How many prominent female characters are there in WoW?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 22, 2013, 07:29:24 AM

It's not like I don't agree with the lack of good female characters, but why is this suddenly an issue? How many prominent female characters are there in WoW?

It's not suddenly an issue. It's suddenly that it's vocalized enough that you're hearing it.

Or: water doesn't boil the second you turn the heat on high.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: