Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484620 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2013, 04:27:26 PM

Slightly less naked fapping, that's all. I've read articles of theirs where they've gotten super pumped over a coming feature, but this is the first one where I actually felt embarrassed for the person writing it.

In other news, apparently they're leaning towards not letting us pick out our new look when the new models go live? There is not enough swamp poop for that if they don't change their minds.

God Save the Horn Players
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:54 PM

Funny thing is that if he'd made a post just as hyperbolic but negative, most people here would be thoughtfully stroking their neckbeards and going "hmmm, yase, that is certainly an accurate article".  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #72 on: November 11, 2013, 04:36:42 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 11, 2013, 05:31:50 PM

I need to share this because I love embarrassing, super-breathless predictions.

This guy's writing gig probably depends on this expansion =p
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: November 11, 2013, 07:02:55 PM

Funny thing is that if he'd made a post just as hyperbolic but negative, most people here would be thoughtfully stroking their neckbeards and going "hmmm, yase, that is certainly an accurate article".  awesome, for real

It never would have been brought up.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 12, 2013, 02:07:03 AM

" A Fixed Point in Time."

Wow.  Way to make yourself out to be a Wow Asshole and also a Dr Who Nerd.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 05:02:39 AM

The first quest you get when you arrive in Draenor.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 06:14:06 AM

Great Scott!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 12, 2013, 07:14:15 AM

I need to share this because I love embarrassing, super-breathless predictions.

I don't, like, know what you guys were expecting, but WoW Insider is, like, the cheerleadiest of the Blizzard cheerleader sites.
And that author is, like, the Head Cheerleader.

When he sits down to type, it's hard to tell where his shoulders end and Blizzards hands begin.

Much of the content at WoW Insider is timely and informative, and that's why I didn't kick them off my reader a long time ago. But yeah, that guy's role seems to be writing editorials with the fanboy voice.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 07:30:04 AM

You can be excited and a fan both without using lines like this:

The spark is lit, Blizzard started down the path to restoring WoW. I haven't felt the vibe of a BlizzCon like this in a long time. Chris Metzen was beaming with excitement and pride yesterday, Dave Kosak could barely contain himself when talking about the lore, and the Art Panel delivered a presentation for the ages. Yesterday saw a team of game designers not defeated, not making content patches for a game that's going to die off in five years, not just biding their time until something better comes along. Yesterday we saw the full force of one of the world's greatest entertainment companies come to bear on a game that needed a helping hand.

I mean honestly, all that needs to follow that is the entire team runs out of the locker-room screaming how we are going to beat those stinking orcs.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 07:31:34 AM

And finally last but not least, the third thing that demonstrates Blizzard turned a new page on WoW yesterday was the new character models. We've known for a couple years these were being worked on. It's been a not-so-secret-secret, occasionally talked about, often mislead in subtle statements of unclarity. But yesterday the gloves came off and we saw what our characters will soon look like.

Amazing doesn't describe it. The transformation are astounding, they're revolutionary.

Listen, if some WoW fanboy wants to get all jazzed up over a time travel expansion because they really like the idea then I think they're goofy but FINEEEEEE.  But to call higher res character models "revolutionary" is just going too far.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:39:55 AM by Malakili »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #81 on: November 12, 2013, 07:34:34 AM

And I could honestly forgive a lot of this unbridled insanity of enthusiasm IF IT WAS ACTUALLY ABOUT A RELEASED PRODUCT.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 12, 2013, 08:42:01 AM

I would be happy if Blizz could just stop my video card crashing during that fucked up Glowy dragon fight raid, even tho I put every setting on ULTRA LOW.

New Models my fucking arsehole.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #83 on: November 12, 2013, 08:42:56 AM

Is it time for a new machine, or is this just a graphic card being wonky?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 12, 2013, 08:46:56 AM

Well, it's a new Graphics Card that should be able to handle THE SHIT outta WoW.  I personally think it's the drivers, but for some reason I can do every raid no trouble;  the minute that fucked up Dragon turns us all into Twinklies, it just shits itself.

Screen goes black for about 30-45 seconds and, I don't know if you remember, but if you don't time that fight you tend to FALL INTO A CUNTINGLY BIG FUCKING HOLE AND DIE without the chance of a res.

Heartbreak

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #85 on: November 12, 2013, 08:52:50 AM

Yeah that doesn't happen to my card at all, and it's a GTX 285 from 2009. It's drivers.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #86 on: November 12, 2013, 02:21:39 PM

I don't, like, know what you guys were expecting, but WoW Insider is, like, the cheerleadiest of the Blizzard cheerleader sites.
And that author is, like, the Head Cheerleader.

As others have noted, there's being a cheerleader, and then there's ... that. It wraps around from being excited about a new expansion into a creepy sort of desperation that this expansion has just got to turn shit around, that new character models are exactly what was needed to right the ship, and MARK THIS DATE DOWN, EVERYONE, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED FOREVER.

I think it's the combination of THIS EXPANSION WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING combined with the really small list of actual goddamn features (a free 90, new models and a form of player housing at last) that really makes it extra hilarious to me.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #87 on: November 12, 2013, 02:27:16 PM

But the art panel delivered a presentation for the ages.

FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING AGES Y'ALL.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:59 PM

The followers thing with the garrisons is interesting.  Seems like they're taking the interesting parts of SWTORs companion system.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:58 PM

That's exactly what I thought too.

Aha, I thought, they've nicked the companion shit from SWTOR.  Interesting.

Then I remembered that the Companion Shit from SWTOR was just a cunningly hidden grind and felt sad.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:31 PM

I rolled my eyes so much at that blog post that I got a migraine.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 12, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

The followers thing with the garrisons is interesting.  Seems like they're taking the interesting parts of SWTORs companion system.
That would be the interesting parts EA stole from STO's duty officer system, yes?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #92 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

They released at essentially the same time, in the same month.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #93 on: November 12, 2013, 04:46:10 PM

Wait, sending companions out to gather shit is considered the interesting part about companions?  swamp poop

edit: Oh wait, they might have personalities. Blizzard personalities, but personalities nonetheless!

Won't lie, if they make the garrison thing properly awesome, I will totally play again for at least a few months.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:48:14 PM by Sjofn »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: November 12, 2013, 04:55:17 PM

But what if the WoW companions are voiced by that Mt. Hyjal intro dragon dude?  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #95 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:48 PM

THE FIRELORD HAS <pause to read card> RISEN!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 05:26:21 PM

But what if the WoW companions are voiced by that Mt. Hyjal intro dragon dude?  awesome, for real

Hahaha, oh God. Timmy the Intern was not having a good day when he recorded that.

On the flip side, what if they have the dude who did Illidan voice them? I fucking loved how much scenery that guy chewed.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #97 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:29 AM

I don't think I recognized any actual union voice talent (like Cam Clarke who did like...a shitload of characters from Vanilla->WoTLK) in Cata or Pandaria. Been a while though.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: November 13, 2013, 08:07:52 AM

Jim Cummings did well with the Lorewalker Cho voice, despite the fact I generally don't like the character.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 13, 2013, 10:41:53 AM

I don't think I recognized any actual union voice talent (like Cam Clarke who did like...a shitload of characters from Vanilla->WoTLK) in Cata or Pandaria. Been a while though.
Christopher Lee is a well known actor from movies above and beyond such as The God Father and Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He voices Shao-Tien Executioner in N [90] The Mogu's Message, Qiang the Merciless in Mogu'shan Vaults, Hu'seng the Gatekeeper in A [90] A Bold Idea/H [90] Decisive Action and Emperor Lei Shen also known as the Thunder King at the start of Tear Down This Wall! and in Throne of Thunder.
For another example.  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:01 PM

"Normal" actors don't necessarily make for good voice actors, which I assume is what Fabricated meant. Voice actors, rather than stunt casting actor-actors. Christopher Lee probably did fine, of course, and I think it's cool they got him to do something. Most actors do adequately when given a voice to do, but by and large they have a different skill set from voice actors, what with being able to also use their faces and bodies to act and all.

Honestly, though, the voice acting in WoW is all over the place, but I actually found that sort of charming. I can laugh at poor derpy Timmy the Green Dragon or the hilariously awful screams at post-Wrathgate (aaaaaah.), I can find the ethereal boss in the Violet Hold embarrassingly hot, I can unironically enjoy all the nonsense coming out of Lord Jaraxxus' or Moroes' mouth, etc.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 13, 2013, 01:29:26 PM

the hilariously awful screams at post-Wrathgate (aaaaaah.)
That reminds me, I found this goat at Halfhill the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQC_gyFIQBY

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #102 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:34 PM

The guy who voiced the hot Ethereal also voiced Tortolla the huge turtle god.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #103 on: November 13, 2013, 02:45:07 PM

Man, don't make it weird!  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:19 PM

Christopher Lee is a well known actor from movies above and beyond such as The God Father and Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He voices Shao-Tien Executioner in N [90] The Mogu's Message, Qiang the Merciless in Mogu'shan Vaults, Hu'seng the Gatekeeper in A [90] A Bold Idea/H [90] Decisive Action and Emperor Lei Shen also known as the Thunder King at the start of Tear Down This Wall! and in Throne of Thunder.
For another example.  awesome, for real

Wait, what ?

Really ?  I can only hope I haven't done these quests because I pride myself on Christopher Lee recognition.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: