Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326574 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: February 04, 2014, 04:10:16 PM

If you want pvp play Eve.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55:51 PM

If you want pvp play Eve literally anything other than a diku mmo..
Fixed.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: February 08, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

13 days to go.  Still bringing in money every day, but the trending level has tanked.  Down to 65% of goal, and still hasn't made more than half of what they're looking for.

Nothing significant for updates this week, unless posters and wallpapers are of interest.  Also, a class/race combo chart of the announced races/classes was released.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: February 09, 2014, 07:31:48 AM

Ahahahaha

So now apparently they have realized it's not going to get funded so they have been talking in the comments section about setting up direct funding tiers on their website.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: February 09, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Well, if the KS fails to fund, they get zero dollars.
Whereas, if they can get the same suckers to give them the money directly via their own (undoubtedly secure) website, they get $350k or whatever.
Probably not enough to fund a studio, but it will keep them in hookers and blow while they look for jobs in the food services or custodial industries.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: February 11, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

LOL.

When I'm bored I've been reading the re-rolled thread.  According to them backers are getting invites to the forums.  Why is that funny?  It turns out they found a new way to fund the game:

Supporter ($5.00 monthly)
 As a supporter, you will have access to the all player areas as well as supporter forums, participation in the game Q&A system, the lore forums, and community events with Visionary Realms, Inc. staff, designers, and developers.

Champion ($14.95 monthly)
 As a Champion, you will have access to supporter areas, plus private champion areas, and be able to join and listen/watch monthly progress meetings. Champions will appear in book of lore and receive the collectors edition of the game of release.

why so serious?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:59 PM

Anyone who is dumb enough to pay someone to let them listen in on progress meetings for a project that is going nowhere on a bullet train needs serious mental help.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #462 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:26 PM

I don't think they're the first game to restrict forum posting to subscribers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: February 12, 2014, 02:07:00 AM

Charging a sub that allows you to play a game and also grants you forum access is a little bit different to charging a sub to view a fucking alpha forum for a game that is years away from being released, if ever.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #464 on: February 12, 2014, 03:57:07 AM

charging a sub to view a fucking alpha forum for a game that is years away from being released, if ever.
I dunno though, that's probably way more entertainment you'd get for your money than most actually released MMOs can provide why so serious?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: February 12, 2014, 04:22:33 AM

I think it's a brilliant idea to charge the most rabid fanboys for the privilege to feel they are special without promising them anything concrete. It might actually make for a great psychological experiment to set up something like that and see how long people are willing to pay for it without seeing any real progress.  why so serious?
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: February 12, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

Wait, they're charging $15/month to access the forum now? Or are they talking post-release?

The former would be extraordinary. So much so that I find it hard to believe.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: February 12, 2014, 07:41:39 AM

I actively try to avoid sitting/listening in on useless meetings. Now I get to pay for that luxury? Amazing.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:15 AM

New page, new kicktraq post:

There's one week to go. In order to fund, they officially need more pledges than they've received so far.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #469 on: February 12, 2014, 09:30:50 AM

Charging a sub that allows you to play a game and also grants you forum access is a little bit different to charging a sub to view a fucking alpha forum for a game that is years away from being released, if ever.

It is only crazy and stupid if it doesn't work.  If it does work, then we know who is stupid and crazy.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #470 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:56 AM

Did you not notice the cherry on-top of that shit sandwich? Not only do you get access to forums, but you also get access to their Q&A system, which means you get to pay for the privilege of finding bugs. So not only do the devs not have to pay for extra Q&A, or deal with the volunteer work issues, they expect people to PAY for this privilege?

That's some fucking evil genius shit there, man.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:51 AM

Did you not notice the cherry on-top of that shit sandwich? Not only do you get access to forums, but you also get access to their Q&A system, which means you get to pay for the privilege of finding bugs. So not only do the devs not have to pay for extra Q&A, or deal with the volunteer work issues, they expect people to PAY for this privilege?

I assumed Q&A was questions and answers rather than quality assurance.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:22 AM

Q&A system? Nah. It's quality assurance.

That is truly extraordinary. Charging $15/month to access a forum.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:47 AM

Shit, I hope Lowtax doesn't see that.  why so serious?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: February 12, 2014, 11:08:32 AM

Shit, I hope Lowtax doesn't see that.  why so serious?
Shit, I hope Schild doesn't see that.  awesome, for real

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:21 AM

Star citizen has a sub system that nets you nothing. You Atleast get access here!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #476 on: February 12, 2014, 11:28:26 AM

Yeah that's an important ampersand.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #477 on: February 12, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Oddly, whenever I surf into this thread, it's November Rain that's playing.

I'm watching this so I can find out the time and coordinates of the first FanFest.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: February 12, 2014, 02:55:46 PM

Yeah that's an important ampersand.

Yea but either would be unprecedented. A subscription fee to access a Q&A "FAQ" section, or a subscription fee to access a QA bug-reporting tool  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: February 12, 2014, 09:41:22 PM

"Brad McQuaid ‏@Aradune 2h
If anyone knows an angel investor or other type of investor who might be interested in investing in VR, please let me know."

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:25 AM

If anyone knows an angel investor or other type of investor who might be interested in investing in VR, please let me know."

Holy shit, I thought you were making that up.

Someone call the Onion, tell them they get the week off.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #481 on: February 13, 2014, 08:29:59 AM

That actually makes me feel a little sad for seeing that.   At least he's not pretending to ask for bus fare.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #482 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:01 AM

It's OK to feel sad when you put down the horse with broken legs.  It means you are human.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:54 AM

I will say that KS is doing for Brad exactly what it was designed to do. It's a great way to test the waters, to see if you have the cache to generate interest before triple mortgaging ones life with a pie-in-sky high cost demo or playable.

Regardless of the person, I never like seeing someone fail that expensively.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: February 13, 2014, 11:27:07 AM

I will say that KS is doing for Brad exactly what it was designed to do. It's a great way to test the waters, to see if you have the cache to generate interest before triple mortgaging ones life with a pie-in-sky high cost demo or playable.

I think that someone with some business acumen and/or common sense might have used a KS to test the waters for the level of interest in this project. Such a person would probably have put together a more impressive KS in the first place. Put on display a more detailed vision than just "Like EQ, not like WoW, I'm Aradune, pay me lol."

Given that he is *just now* putting out the call for angel investors, I'd say that he was expecting the KS to take their place.

The fact that he's now shaking down his Twitter audience for networking illustrates just how desperate and/or clueless he is.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: February 13, 2014, 01:15:03 PM

He wanted to take the plebs for a ride. But there just were not enough of them dumb enough to give him money which he did not have any requirement to ever pay back (or even use for the purpose they thought they were paying for).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #486 on: February 13, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

I think that someone with some business acumen and/or common sense might have used a KS to test the waters for the level of interest in this project. Such a person would probably have put together a more impressive KS in the first place. Put on display a more detailed vision than just "Like EQ, not like WoW, I'm Aradune, pay me lol."

BEHOLD my new signature!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: February 13, 2014, 02:32:16 PM

"Goddammit Rose, there's room on there for both of us, let me up!" *glub* *choke*
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: February 13, 2014, 02:39:18 PM

Well yes. KS is not for people whose success comes from companies buying them out smiley All I was saying that better for him to slap something small together to gauge interest. At least then it's mostly emotional cost rather than a financially catastrophic one.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: February 13, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Well yes. KS is not for people whose success comes from companies buying them out smiley All I was saying that better for him to slap something small together to gauge interest. At least then it's mostly emotional cost rather than a financially catastrophic one.

I agree with the things you are saying, for KS in general. My point is that, in this specific case, I think the KS was supposed to substitute for angel investment, and that the benefits you're talking about were stumbled upon via a combination of serendipity and laziness.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: