Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326578 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #420 on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:18 AM

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: January 31, 2014, 10:39:26 AM

You'll then be able to wear the cloaks in both games

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #422 on: January 31, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

It is like a singularity of broken promises and dreams.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #423 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

I've always thought of them as sworn enemies. This is kind of cute. In difficult times, the enemy of your enemies is your best friend.

pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:27 AM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: January 31, 2014, 12:25:55 PM

At first I was thinking more like this:

But then I realized it was more like:

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #426 on: January 31, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

More like this:

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #427 on: January 31, 2014, 01:35:24 PM

A cloak! Wow!

Actual ingame screenshot:

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:07 PM

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: January 31, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

Trending levels are continuing to fall, as the amount of swamp poop updates they're putting out continues to rise.  I suppose McQuaid's going to break out the "Miracle Update" here this week?

AND LO, THE MIRACLE UPDATE HAS ARRIVED!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/posts/734671

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Shroud of the Avatar Collaborate for Crowdfunding

Good morning, Pantheon fans! We have some great news to share today.

Brad has been talking with Richard 'Lord British' Garriott this week of Shroud of the Avatar and the two of them have been brainstorming ways to support both games. The result? Backers of both games can now claim a cross-game cloak in both Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Shroud of the Avatar. To qualify for the special Pantheon/SotA cross-game cloak you must be a Pantheon backer at the Fallen's Special tier or higher and the SotA First Responder (Kickstarter) or Adventurer (post-Kickstarter) pledge tier or higher. You'll then be able to wear the cloaks in both games.

why so serious?

Sign me right the fuck up.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #430 on: January 31, 2014, 04:59:23 PM

I really, really, REALLY want to give Lum a hard time, because TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY he 'liked' this mockery of game design on Facebook today.

But hey, he doesn't set corporate policy and I don't pay for his healthcare.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: February 01, 2014, 03:41:20 AM

I really, really, REALLY want to give Lum a hard time, because TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY he 'liked' this mockery of game design on Facebook today.

But hey, he doesn't set corporate policy and I don't pay for his healthcare.

Yeah, its not really fair to take anything out on the wage slave peons that work for people like this. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #432 on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

It sucks that anyone would be in a dire enough financial situation that working for these assclowns was the best option.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #433 on: February 01, 2014, 10:18:09 AM

That explains where the $10k donation came from.
p0rkbelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: February 03, 2014, 12:14:14 PM

I'm waiting for Schilling to come on board to complete the unholy-trifecta...
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: February 03, 2014, 01:16:09 PM

Now trending towards $600k.

I can't figure out why LB and posse would associate themselves with McQuaid and co. Shroud funded already. McQuaid's game probably won't. What's the upside? A couple of bucks from cross-promotion? With a game that's overwhelmingly likely to never pass initial conception, much less 9 months of gestation? Weird.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: February 03, 2014, 01:21:28 PM

We're past the halfway mark as well.  I'm sure Miracle Update #2 and #3 will be forthcoming this week and next.

Does anybody have the metrics on the frequency in which a KS gets funded to full after trending like this?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: February 03, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

Net effect of the "miracle" update:
The Trending number has slipped to just under $600k.
The Projection cone has widened, with the upper end breaching the funding line.

If they keep going, even at their current trickle, they'll get their KS money. I want to see what investor they've got waiting to swoop in and fund their actual game development. Because as we've already noted, they're not even going to build a "niche" game for $800k.

The rerolled thread has been arguing recently over the notion that a simple graphical LFG tool would retard community building. I love this game and it doesn't even exist yet  why so serious?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

The rerolled thread has been arguing recently over the notion that a simple graphical LFG tool would retard community building. I love this game and it doesn't even exist yet  why so serious?
Quote from: Aradune;563695
I think I agree with you -- porting out and calling it a night works for me.

Awesome thread... it twisted and turned a bit, but mostly stayed on track.  Great feedback too, thanks.

The distinctions between LFG tools and just flagging yourself LFG in chat and shouting you're looking for a group?  The latter, old school way is a little annoying to others.  I'm not sure why some of you *really* don't want any UI element that lists people near you who are LFG. 

I shall return to the team the next design meeting and argue against dungeon finders.

I really want to see this game built now, just to watch the inevitable implosion a couple of months after launch.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #439 on: February 03, 2014, 03:00:19 PM

People who are against LFG tools really need to be punched in the dick repeatedly.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: February 03, 2014, 03:07:08 PM

People who are against LFG tools really need to be punched in the dick repeatedly.

People who are disciples of McQuaid relish the idea of being punched in the dick repeatedly, so that won't change their minds!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: February 03, 2014, 03:43:04 PM

The people who are against LFG groups tools would probably like that.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: February 03, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

Everybody wins!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: February 03, 2014, 05:19:04 PM

Yes, this game self-selects for masochism.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: February 03, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

What annoys me about this idiocy is that I'm probably a pretty good customer for a "retro" MMO. I like to group. I like meeting actual human beings. I may not like the auto-teleport to the dungeon, don't talk, ragequit if someone in the group isn't overgeared or lacks an encyclopedic knowledge of the dungeon systems, but I sure want some kind of LFG. Something like what WoW had before the auto-group combined with a global channel.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:57 AM

The only LFG tool discussion that is worth having is whether or not it auto-teleports you to the dungeon. The answer is it depends on the game.  awesome, for real

Auto grouping is the best way to go about things. I even would like to see more social tools added to it like feedback, personal ratings and having the tool prioritize you with people you rated highly yourself, grouped with recently along with people in friends/guilds.

I like my dick not to be punched for the most part thank you.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:54 AM

There are situations where you would want your dick to be punched?  swamp poop

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #447 on: February 04, 2014, 11:58:12 AM

Perhaps there is a crab with claws firmly attached to sad dick?  why so serious?

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: February 04, 2014, 12:36:24 PM

What I would really like is some way to be super powerful and awesome like a level 50 EQ1 character at initial release with cloak of flames, twin ykeshas, etc, and lording that over the noobs. But I don't want to actually receive the pummeling to my dick and balls required to get there. Nor do I want to pay out a lot of money, to eBay or elsewhere. Ideally there would be a very popular MMO with oldschool difficulty like EQ, and I would have unlimited GM powers to endlessly fuck with thousands of people, consequence-free. Make THAT game.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: February 04, 2014, 01:01:43 PM

There are situations where you would want your dick to be punched?  swamp poop

I duno, but if I wasn't married and Scarlet Johanson came up to me and said I'd blow you if you let me punch you in the dick, I'd probably say yes.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

If Scarlett Johansen was making this game, the KS would be a lot closer to funded by now.

Especially if she was offering to punch guys in the dick before making them find a group and camp a once-per-week spawn for a 1% drop.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #451 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:21 PM

What I would really like is some way to be super powerful and awesome like a level 50 EQ1 character at initial release with cloak of flames, twin ykeshas, etc, and lording that over the noobs. But I don't want to actually receive the pummeling to my dick and balls required to get there. Nor do I want to pay out a lot of money, to eBay or elsewhere. Ideally there would be a very popular MMO with oldschool difficulty like EQ, and I would have unlimited GM powers to endlessly fuck with thousands of people, consequence-free. Make THAT game.

That might actually work well as a Dungeon Keeper style game, where you lord over your sim MMO masses and fuck with them. Work your way up the MMO company ladder from night shift GM to creative lead. Spawn extra dragons in sim leet guilds' planar raids.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:01:26 PM by Tale »
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #452 on: February 04, 2014, 02:00:27 PM

griefing sim?

"Me am play gods"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #453 on: February 04, 2014, 02:04:34 PM

griefing sim?

Isn't that kind of what Dungeon Keeper was? Messing with pesky raiding parties of adventurers and ruining their day.

But no, I meant Sim Brad. Without the offline stuff (shudder).
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:06 PM

Griefing NPCs just isn't the same. Comes back to the eternal question. We all know it's great fun to be the wolf. But not without sheep!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: