Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 NBA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 NBA  (Read 53040 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: May 05, 2014, 09:36:35 AM

However, this ought to be a fucking lesson to billionaire shitheads. Stop fucking gold digging bitches young enough to be your fucking granddaughter. Bitches be crazy. You never know what they are going to do and you won't always like it.  why so serious?

Then what's the point of being a billionaire shithead? The problem here wasn't the gold digger, it was the wife who went after her to try to get the money back and put her into revenge mode.  You can't sue the poor girl after she's had to deal with his wrinkly old man balls, i don't care how many millions she took him for, they were well earned.

This.
Also, half the economy of my environs (SoFla) would cease to exist if these types of lawsuits ran rampant and the general lifestyle became taboo.  It is what it is.  As for the 1.5m the wife sued for??  absolute fuckin peanuts in the grande scheme of things.  It's not even cash, it's assets (condo, cars, etc.) bought for the mistress.  She never had the cash to begin with, and it's possible she never even had true ownership.

Good for him I say, even though he's a prick.  She'll help keep him interested in life, young, in tune with the current generation, etc.   Look at it like an old vampire taking young familiars.  Same deal.
Tbh, a few of my old friends would likely be dead (or have died sooner) had they not had gf/wives 20+ years younger then them.  The billionaire's mindset accounts for this; it's not simply dicks and giggles.

Hell, I know guys who go through both a mistress and the mistress' daughter.  When one runs dry, he contracts out the next (who's already familiar with the lifestyle).  The mistress and her family are set for life; millionaires in their own right and entrenched in old-money. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #141 on: May 20, 2014, 05:40:25 PM

Cleveland gets the first pick again.  Let's see if they can out do the epic fuck up of last year.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #142 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:35 PM

The fat kid from UNLV never turned into anything so far right?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: May 20, 2014, 11:37:18 PM

I think Bennett was getting a lot better but then he went down with an injury.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #144 on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:21 AM

The lottery just keeps looking more and more rigged every year.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #145 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:58 AM

Must be the jews.

There is literally no theory in the world where sane people would believe that someone is rigging things in Cleveland's favor. Or is it rigged to help MJ and the Bobcats Hornets from whichever Carolina? Please stop being such an idiot.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #146 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:27 AM

The odds of Cleveland actually winning 3 years given the percentages is something like .007 percent.

At what point of ridiculous odds do you not question what's going on here?

EDIT: My problem with the draft is the appearance. The NBA already has had scandals of rigging in the past with the refs. The league itself holds this thing behind closed doors for literally no reason at all. None. There is no viable purpose for hiding the draft other than confusing the issue.

Another site saying the odds of this happening at 1 in 8 million. It's just absurd.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:29:21 AM by Paelos »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #147 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:40 AM

The Clippers have won it 5 times and the Magic have won it 3 times (same as Cleveland).
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #148 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:51 AM

Absolutely, but when the Clippers won with a 2.8% chance, the pick went to Cleveland. Cleveland also won with a 1.7% chance and a 15.60% chance. All of this happening since Lebron left in a 4 year time frame.

Prior to this 4 year stretch, 9 other teams have won, and nobody has won twice in a five year stretch. Once the Bulls won with a 1.7% chance. The average was around 11.50%.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:45 AM

and nobody has won twice in a five year stretch.

Orlando won back to back in the 90s, turned into Shaq and Penny.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #150 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:30 AM

I should have clarified since 2000.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: May 21, 2014, 08:33:53 AM

The odds of Cleveland actually winning 3 years given the percentages is something like .007 percent.

At what point of ridiculous odds do you not question what's going on here?

EDIT: My problem with the draft is the appearance. The NBA already has had scandals of rigging in the past with the refs. The league itself holds this thing behind closed doors for literally no reason at all. None. There is no viable purpose for hiding the draft other than confusing the issue.

Another site saying the odds of this happening at 1 in 8 million. It's just absurd.

Question what? that the NBA would rig the draft to benefit a boring shitty franchise nobody gives a shit about while screwing the Lakers and Celtics?  the fact that it was the cavaliers is about the best proof you could have that it isn't fixed.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #152 on: May 21, 2014, 08:44:00 AM

You guys think the NBA needs to further help the Lakers and Celtics? Those franchises will draw no matter what, and have the money to fix whatever problems they encounter.

Teams like Boston, Chicago, LA, New York they don't struggle to fill the stands, put eyeballs on the TV, or draw attention. Even when losing. The Lakers were hot garbage this year and still finished 8th in attendance.

Cleveland is in a market that will show up for a product, and that can be nationally interesting. They are centered in an area of the country that loves basketball. The NBA has been trying to make them attractive for free agents for the last few years to correct the LeBron issue. You're talking about a city that would fall over itself to hand the NBA money if they are remotely relevant.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: May 21, 2014, 08:48:43 AM

Yeah no, there is no way the NBA is happy with the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks being bottom feeders.  The franchises themselves don't need help, but it benefits the NBA tremendously to have their best known teams be at the top.  To the NBA the Lakers/Celtics/Knicks being the top three picks would have been ideal, of course then you would really need to start questioning the validity of the lottery, not to mention it wasn't even technically possible for the knicks to even have a pick.

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #154 on: May 21, 2014, 09:37:03 AM

You guys think the NBA needs to further help the Lakers and Celtics? Those franchises will draw no matter what, and have the money to fix whatever problems they encounter.

Teams like Boston, Chicago, LA, New York they don't struggle to fill the stands, put eyeballs on the TV, or draw attention. Even when losing. The Lakers were hot garbage this year and still finished 8th in attendance.

Cleveland is in a market that will show up for a product, and that can be nationally interesting. They are centered in an area of the country that loves basketball. The NBA has been trying to make them attractive for free agents for the last few years to correct the LeBron issue. You're talking about a city that would fall over itself to hand the NBA money if they are remotely relevant.

When this is your argument you really would be better off blaming the jews. Give me a fucking break. Nobody cares about Orlando basketball or Cleveland basketball nationally. It could much more easily be argued that the Cavs getting #1 is the worst case scenario for the league. Its much less exciting than if Detroit or LA or Boston was adding a top 3 pick to their rosters. The feel good small market team of the era is undoubtedly the Suns so the sports media would be gushing if they had won it. The Cavs getting #1 has been met with a resounding "oh great, how can they fuck it up this time?". So its not good press for the league. It doesn't energize an almost there roster (the Cavs are a fucking mess with locker issues and no coach) into a fresh new contender it doesn't make your big draw teams better. This is the most asinine conspiracy ever.

Imagine if New Orleans had beaten the odds even that might have put a new team on the map in the next couple of years. There is almost no upside to the Cavs getting the chance to continue to be a joke-ass franchise despite getting yet another top pick. Unless the conspiracy is to prove how much god hates Cleveland and make Gilbert look like the biggest shithead in the nba not named Sterling.

-William Gibson
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #155 on: May 21, 2014, 10:04:39 AM

Cavs are going to pull an Oden and draft Embiid.  Big man with health issues... GOGOGOGOGO. Not drafting Wiggins or Parker at this point is a pretty stupid movi, which is why they most definitely will do it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:25:56 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #156 on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:18 AM

None of your points explain the absurdity of the math behind these draws in the last 4 years. It puts a pretty hefty strain on probability given the two times they won with less than 3% in a short time frame.

People care nationally about whatever teams have the stars on them. Nobody gave a shit about the Clippers until the stars showed up there. Or OKC for that matter nationally. The cities are irrelevant to the NBA other than if they are a top 20 TV market. Send stars where ever and as long as you put the product on TV, the NBA will be just fine. It runs completely unopposed for the most part during the playoffs.

The reason for the NBA manipulating things could be as simple as a deal cut with Stern when Lebron left, or that the NBA didn't want to reward Philly for absolutely tanking, or that the balls simply fell true this year after previous rigged years making them look stupid.

Either way, rigged or not, there's no reason to put it behind closed doors in today's media connected world. People said it was fucking insane that the NBA would rig games, and yet people are in jail for it as we speak.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:36 AM

People went to jail for rigging games for themselves, not on behalf of the NBA.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:30 AM

This is a terrible conspiracy theory. Unlikely events are not impossible events.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #159 on: May 21, 2014, 10:37:22 AM

People went to jail for rigging games for themselves, not on behalf of the NBA.

That's not what one of the convicted refs says. He's said repeatedly that the NBA wanted series to go to 7 games, and the refs complied.

As far as the lottery, the problem I have with probability apologists is that no matter how long of a shot something is, they can always pat themselves on the back since "it's not impossible" or "it happened."

It's never an indication that the odds aren't what they thought they were or could have been manipulated in a closed door event. We could fictionally run it a billion more times in their heads, and they can sleep comfortably at night.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:40:01 AM by Paelos »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: May 21, 2014, 10:46:25 AM

You really think all the other owners would be on board with picking out 1 owner and showering them with extra help?

The shit with the Chris Paul trade - that's fertile ground for suspecting people were fucking around with things. The lottery just doesn't have a smoking gun at all.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #161 on: May 21, 2014, 10:57:09 AM

You really think all the other owners would be on board with picking out 1 owner and showering them with extra help?

The shit with the Chris Paul trade - that's fertile ground for suspecting people were fucking around with things. The lottery just doesn't have a smoking gun at all.

I think the owners only care about cashflow. There's going to be $200M changing hands by new year due to the new CBA. If the owners are having to fork over money to the other teams, the NBA needs to make sure it's not going straight down the toilet.

The Chris Paul trade is another issue but a good point. Even since the cheating scandal was proven with the refs, regardless of the denials by the league that they had any part of it, I've never trusted them again. I'll continue to point it out over and over. Why is this behind closed doors? What possible gain is there other than manipulation? With the tarnish of that scandal, and the inevitable questions about it, the fact it isn't done in the open is just pure hubris especially if the process is above reproach as they say.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: May 21, 2014, 11:27:03 AM

The Chris Paul thing was a perfectly logical action taken by the league as owners of the hornets.  If any other GM had come to any other owner with that deal they would have been told to fuck off.  You don't trade a star for established players on bloated contracts, that was insanely retarded. 

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:08 PM

Go Spurs I guess? They're like the only team in any sport from Texas I don't mind rooting for.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: June 01, 2014, 10:47:45 AM

I still can't believe they gave away a 5 point lead in 30 seconds on a championship deciding game by pulling Duncan out twice.  Hopefully homecourt advantage this time around makes things easier for them. Duncan shows absolutely no signs of slowing down, the man is not human.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: June 08, 2014, 08:18:08 AM

All is lost. Hilarious article about the end of the NBA (in a videogame).  The GIFs alone make it worth the read.

I am the .00000001428%
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: June 08, 2014, 05:07:53 PM

My roommate and I used to play franchise mode on games like this back in college.  We used to make it our mission to get great stats with the terrible new players.  It was difficult.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:01 PM

Well, Heat are done.  I guess getting to (and winning 2) NBA finals is good but losing this one sinks any claim Lebron is better than Jordan.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:06 PM

He's 29 years old, it's way too early to draw conclusions on that sort of thing. I'm also not sure I'd say any of the teams Jordan faced in the finals were of San Antonio's caliber - they're just absurdly deep and well-coached - and Jordan had a better second banana in Scottie Pippen than LeBron has had in Dwayne Wade (late career version).

I mean I'm not going to say LeBron is better at this point, but the argument is a long, long way from over.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: June 15, 2014, 11:50:41 PM

He's 29 years old, it's way too early to draw conclusions on that sort of thing. I'm also not sure I'd say any of the teams Jordan faced in the finals were of San Antonio's caliber - they're just absurdly deep and well-coached - and Jordan had a better second banana in Scottie Pippen than LeBron has had in Dwayne Wade (late career version).

I mean I'm not going to say LeBron is better at this point, but the argument is a long, long way from over.

Jordan was 6-0 in the finals (the only team with multiple titles in history never to have lost).  Lebron is 2-3.  Not only has Lebron lost 3 finals, his teams lost badly in each of them.  Jordan had way lesser teammates to work with than Lebron has had (minus his one finals with Cleveland) and the teams he faced were comparable in skill to the ones Lebron has faced.  Bottom line, if you could only pick one, who would you have play on your team in an NBA final?  Jordan or Lebron?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: June 16, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

I don't agree at all with your assessment of Jordan's teammates. Scottie Pippen was a better player than either Wade or Bosh, IMO, and it sounds to me like you're significantly underrating Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #171 on: June 16, 2014, 06:58:26 AM

The NBA is finally getting to the point where team is trumping the idea that "one guy" can make a team. San Antonio was the best team, with the best play, and they shot the ball the best. The advent of coaches realizing that defense and the 3-ball is the key to victory? It's changed the star player garbage in order to succeed.

San Antonio has awesome talent, but they are balanced and very deep. They share. They move the ball and they shoot when they are open. They play shut down defense with all the guys playing both sides of the floor. That's what wins. I love that about the game, and I really hope it continues to win in the future, because the NBA desperately needs to get back to solid basketball with less bullshit flashy talk. Stern is gone. Selling the big stars is fine, but believing they are the difference between winning and losing trophies is ridiculous.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:23 AM

Miami didn't just lose, they got epically embarrassed.  Sweet georgia brown should've been playing whenever the Spurs got the ball.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #173 on: June 16, 2014, 07:56:09 AM

ESPN is the biggest culprit of the what I call the Star Farce in sports right now. They continually drive home the fallacy to fans that Stars are what win. And when it doesn't happen, they focus the narrative on those stars choking.

The people in the media aren't talking about how San Antonio won the series and didn't make it even sporting. They are talking about how Lebron choked, and how for some reason Carmello Anthony will make the Heat better if he transfers. It's stupid.

They do the same thing with QB's in football. IT'S ABOUT LEET QB'S EVERYBODY! Oh except Eli, and Joe Flacco, and Russell Westbrook. But they are elite now that they won right? Because stars right?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: June 16, 2014, 09:19:09 AM

Meh, the Spurs are a great team who play wonderfully together but they are not lacking in stars either.  They had three hall of famers and an emerging star on that team.  It is mostly true that you are not going to win without superstars in this league, the Spurs wouldn't have done this without Parker Duncan and Ginobli no matter how good their system is.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2014 NBA  
Jump to: