Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: iOS 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iOS 7  (Read 28392 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #105 on: January 24, 2014, 01:11:35 PM

The $10/month I pay to Rdio is well worth not having to use, buy or sync anything to iTunes again. 

I had a HTC Hero when they first released and had nothing but issues.  I know the Android platform has gotten better since then; maybe my next phone will make the switch back over. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #106 on: January 24, 2014, 02:42:13 PM

Baldrake, how old is your phone?  If it was one of the first 5's, it's coming up on a year and a half old, and the LiPo battery pack is hitting the wall.  What you need to do is open up your phone and replace the battery...lol, sorry, couldn't resist.

Your phone is reaching the end of it's designed lifespan, you will have to replace it when it enters paperweight mode, which could be anytime in the next 9 months.  iOS 7 maybe accelerating that, but it's a built-in self destruct in all portable Apple products.

--Dave

Dave, put down the fucking pipe, man. I'm still using a 5 and it's fine.

Baldrake, should you continue to run into battery issues, hit your nearest Apple store and let them run a diagnostic. If they need to replace the battery, they will. It may cost you if you're out of warranty, but it's not super painful.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: January 24, 2014, 04:55:56 PM

Baldrake, how old is your phone?  If it was one of the first 5's, it's coming up on a year and a half old, and the LiPo battery pack is hitting the wall.  What you need to do is open up your phone and replace the battery...lol, sorry, couldn't resist.

Your phone is reaching the end of it's designed lifespan, you will have to replace it when it enters paperweight mode, which could be anytime in the next 9 months.  iOS 7 maybe accelerating that, but it's a built-in self destruct in all portable Apple products.

--Dave

Apple users use their phones past their lifespans whereas Android users can't even remember what phone they had nine months into owning it when they jump onto whatever the next one they stumble across on Sprint.com smiley
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: January 24, 2014, 05:06:42 PM

The $10/month I pay to Rdio is well worth not having to use, buy or sync anything to iTunes again. 
We cough up for Spotify because it's available on Roku and my phone. Before that it was Rhapsody. Despite my horror about what it would mean to me as an author, subscription services for music are fantastic as a consumer.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: January 24, 2014, 05:40:05 PM

It may cost you if you're out of warranty, but it's not super painful.
$80 or so was the last quote I heard from someone who needed it done.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: iOS 7  
Jump to: