Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Magic: The Combattening - Hearthstone 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic: The Combattening - Hearthstone  (Read 250997 times)
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #1330 on: May 23, 2016, 04:17:55 PM

What class do you prefer to play? Druid is the class that struggles to deal with Emperors the most.

I like Mage, Lock, or Pally mostly. I just don't have a ton of the good cards yet.

I was going to write up something manually, but here's a post from reddit pointing out a bunch of competitive budget decks.

Aggro Pally and Lock Zoo are your go-to options, as Tempo mage requires a card from Blackrock Mountain.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4knv3o/9_low_budget_decks_for_the_new_meta/

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1331 on: June 03, 2016, 08:58:44 AM

Apparently I suddenly lost all ability to play this game. Been trying to do a "3 wins with warrior" quest. I've lost 12 matches in a row. Half tavern brawl, half casual.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #1332 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:16 PM

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1333 on: June 03, 2016, 02:29:22 PM

Join the dark side. Play Patron/One Turn Kill Warior. (It's really cheap too.)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/529774-legend-lokshadow-aggressive-otk-warrior

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1334 on: June 03, 2016, 03:36:17 PM

Yeah, the classic warrior deck (which was what I was using) just doesn't fit my style. Warrior as a whole doesn't, so a lot of it was just crappy play on my part.

I think this week's Tavern Brawl is either shit for warriors or the RNG is fucked. I'd either get hands with no minions, or hands with all high value (5+) minions, even mulliganing aggressively, no matter what I paired with. Didn't have that problem with the classic warrior deck.

Both of those decks look fairly interesting.
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #1335 on: June 05, 2016, 05:31:56 PM

I think this week's Tavern Brawl is either shit for warriors or the RNG is fucked. I'd either get hands with no minions, or hands with all high value (5+) minions, even mulliganing aggressively, no matter what I paired with. Didn't have that problem with the classic warrior deck.
Tavern brawl is random as fuck. Don't read too much into it.

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1336 on: June 06, 2016, 10:06:38 AM

I quit playing a couple of weeks ago. Just wasn't having fun in this particular expansion. I'll probably wait to get back into it when they announce a new adventure. I like those the best.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1337 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:17 AM

I need to play a few games to get my monthly card back, this looks fun enough to give a try.  I've been debating crafting Greenskin for awhile now but he's hard to justify clicking the button on.   I may try a few without him and see how it goes.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1338 on: June 07, 2016, 05:06:29 PM

You don't need Greenskin for a Pirate deck. (I do have him in my collection though.) -- You probably would be better off with Leeroy Jenkins and/or that other charge legendary Sky Cap'n Kragg but even he not necessary. Just weapons, charge minions, Upgrade, etc.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1339 on: October 20, 2016, 08:06:11 PM

Anyone still playing this regularly? I've got a 80g play a friend quest I'm loathe to abandon, but my friend list is rather sparse. Post or PM your BattleTag and if I see you on we can play a game for that sweet gold.

Edit: Ray#1555
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:59:37 PM by Ragnoros »

BattleTag - Ray#1555
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1340 on: October 21, 2016, 12:02:16 AM

ezrast#1975; I'll probably be around sometime this weekend.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1341 on: October 21, 2016, 06:59:54 AM

druz#1376;  I have a busy weekend but I'll probably make it on in the evenings. 
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1342 on: October 21, 2016, 09:08:44 AM

Nauminous#1764

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1343 on: October 29, 2016, 10:28:16 AM

Ground (Grinded?) my way up to rank five this season for my highest finish ever and a sweet Golden Epic come end of the month. Still wanna try hitting legend someday, but don't think there's enough time left in the month to make the climb, unless I wanted to dedicate my weekend to it, which I don't.

Played inarguably the best deck in the format, Midrange Shaman. Being used to playing tier 2-3 decks normally in Magic due to monetary constraints, the change in power and win rate by switching to the best deck in the room was astounding.  I went from my usual finish around rank 14-15 to rank 9-ish in essentially one long win-streak. While Hearthstone may not be on the caliber of Magic or Hex for depth of strategy, the fact I could build a tier 1 deck -- or at least the parts I was missing -- for like $20 in dust was very refreshing, versus the hundreds, or thousands, other TCGs often cost. If you haven't played the best deck in the room before, and are a competitive type, I highly recommend giving it a go!

We should get an announcement at Blizzcon for the next expansion, which hopefully has enough power to shake up the all shaman all the time meta.

Decklist in spoiler for the curious.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:37:41 AM by Ragnoros »

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1344 on: October 29, 2016, 05:43:04 PM

Congrats on rank 5!  If they ever go to a 2 month reset cycle I'll make a run at legend but I like to play too many games to only play hearthstone all month  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think the all shaman thing is overblown.  I mean sure there's a few good shaman decks right now but in the past there's been times where there's been all druids and control warriors in the rank 7+ range.  Then we had the all patron days and the all zoo days and the all miracle rogue days and the all freeze mage days.   There's always going to be a few top decks and it hasn't been shaman since early beta, so it's nice to have some fun shaman decks to play.  Warrior has had at least one top level deck for every expansion I can think of... and control warrior is still pretty good.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:45:42 PM by Druzil »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Magic: The Combattening - Hearthstone  
Jump to: