Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Giving this a whirl for a bit. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giving this a whirl for a bit.  (Read 91700 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #140 on: September 10, 2014, 10:31:36 AM

I wouldn't say *long* before Revan, KOTOR and Warcraft 3 came out within a year of each other IIRC.

Anyway, I don't think the comparison makes sense. Thrall is frustrating because he's an infallible spotlight-stealer from the players. This isn't really that kind of situation, and they've done a good job with the NPC allies in these things being secondary to the PCs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: September 10, 2014, 10:52:43 AM

I'm somewhat disappointed my character didn't get the option to

BTW, the NPC allies in this storyline remind me of the "new-school" GW2 story NPCs for some reason (Braham, Rox, etc).

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 15, 2014, 01:12:27 PM

I'm glad people are dropping Hypercrates on the Auction House worth about $50 in Cartel Coins. 3.6 million credits comes quick from the lucrative Prefab market and my stockpiled resources.

Conquest has been a powerful form of in-game economic consumption. The top tier guilds would be consuming massive quantities of resources for their war, giving someone like me who's on the side of things (though seriously considering switching guilds for a Conquest one, our guild doesn't even have a Flagship *scoff*) to pull in a tidy profit.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: September 21, 2014, 04:59:32 PM

Annnd I'm done. Deleted all my characters and uninstalled. I was up to the point where all my free time was satisfying Dailies, Weeklies, and Conquest objectives, repeatedly grinding all the reputations, and generally preparing myself for... I don't know what. A fancy house. Were I in an active guild involved with higher order objectives, I would probably still be going. But as a solo player, with a casual guild, facing non-group Warzones & Starfighters (being crushed by any half-decent coordinated team) ... yeah, it wasn't worth it anymore.

Besides I have to focus on college.  awesome, for real
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 22, 2014, 02:20:39 AM

Well you got a good few months of entertainment out of it and most of it was free. I've burned out on it again myself. I doubt I'll buy another time card for it for a while.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 22, 2014, 10:50:39 AM

I am done til 3.0 myself. 
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 22, 2014, 12:51:13 PM

Ditto. I'll probably give it another month when the new content hits... until then, I have approximately eleventy billion singleplayer RPGs that came out in the last few months. Also, WOD.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #147 on: September 29, 2014, 09:35:55 PM

Strongholds are really amazing if only for one reason: legacy vault.

YE GODS it's so much easier to have crafting alts now!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 02, 2014, 07:20:45 PM

Anyone active so I can get invites?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #149 on: October 03, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

I just dl'd this.  I've never played it before.  Not sure what anything means because I haven't read anything at all about it and didn't bother to read any of the f13 threads, either.  I don't know what a stronghold is, I'm guessing it's like a guild house or sommat?  I want one but I don't know why.  What sever do you people use?  Is it a PvP one?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 03, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

Ebon Hawk, it's an RP server. I might be around tonight for invites if I can stop playing Wasteland 2.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:19 AM

I've got four bands at three venues to see, might be a late night for me. Depending on things, maybe not though. Oh, the schedule burden of the single man.

Signe, at level 15 you can buy a stronghold in the faction's home city for 5k. At a minimum, it's worth it for the legacy storage across all your characters in one vault. You also get a free mailbox. I added a GTN and Cargo Hold with some cartel coins I had sitting around from last time I played (I also subscribe, because this is still basically a sub game). You can port to your stronghold from pretty much anywhere from the menu.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:30:20 AM by Sky »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:38 AM

A late night for you means you might actually be around at the hour I normally play.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 03, 2014, 11:31:01 AM

Win! Also, possibly tipsy, though I don't drink to inebriation so not as fun as it would've been twenty years ago.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #154 on: October 03, 2014, 12:21:11 PM

Thanks for the info!   Heart  I probably won't be around tonight because of stuff.  Does it matter which side your on?  I know, I know, I should just look this stuff up like a normal person.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 03, 2014, 12:46:05 PM

I don't think it does anymore, I haven't really paid attention to guilds since the more verbose ones seem retarded.

I've been playing my newb Sith Marauder badass chick.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 03, 2014, 12:47:36 PM

You'll still want to be on the side where the guild is though.  If that's what you are looking for.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #157 on: October 04, 2014, 10:04:20 AM

Why is the UI font so fucking small?  It gives me a headache trying to read it!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: October 04, 2014, 10:21:25 AM

Get a bigger tv!

Yeah, it was too late last night.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 04, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

You can make the UI bigger and customize pretty much everything about it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #160 on: October 04, 2014, 05:21:45 PM

I can make the UI bigger, but I always keep it relatively small.  Unfortunately, making it bigger doesn't change the font for inventory text.  A bigger monitor would be awesome but I'm sure I'll be finished with this game before I can actually afford one.  I'm fickle that way.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #161 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:03 PM

I appear to be the guildmaster for Bat Country Ebon Hawk Imperial.  Not sure how that happened.  Does anyone still play?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 04, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

That's the old guild that didn't move on the first server merge or whatever. The 'real' one turned into Bot Country because of some name collision shenanigans with the old one.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #163 on: October 04, 2014, 09:16:48 PM

Nothing to worry about then, I suppose.  Bot Country on Ebon Hawk is Imperial?  I might have to bring one of my low levels over.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #164 on: October 05, 2014, 06:35:00 AM

Imperial is the bad guys, right?  I'm playing one of those.  Her name is Murkywater.  Is there a guild bank?  I'm assuming there's some sort of crafting in this game because I keep seeing ore crates and stuff like that.  I like to have a place to dump resources if people can use them rather than selling them.  In this way, only, am I nice.  Also, I like to watch people say silly things in chat although you lot are very anti-chattable.  Well, so am I, I guess.  I just like to watch.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 05, 2014, 07:48:36 AM

This game is a WoW clone, but set in the Star Wars universe.  You can pretty much expect everything that WoW has:  guild banks, leveling up to max then raids / ranked PVP, tiers of gear, crafting, pets, mounts, auction house, two sides (one good one evil), etc.  The one thing that sets it apart from being just a bland WoW clone is the fully voice acted class quests that you go through as you level up; some of the story arcs are pretty good/hilarious.  Personally, I'm playing the game just for that; I'm leveling up one of each character to 50 (not even max) to see the story, then I'm moving on.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 05, 2014, 08:23:38 AM

Imperial is the bad guys, right?

Nuh uh! They're just misunderstood!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #167 on: October 05, 2014, 09:18:25 AM

Thanks, Ajax.  I kind of wish I had tried it when it first came out now.  Ebon Hawk seems to be moderately populated which is a lot better than most games I've tried late.  I do like some of the voice acting but the Twi'lek chap with the hillbilly accent has GOT to go! 

Imperial is the bad guys, right?

Nuh uh! They're just misunderstood!

Like me!

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 05, 2014, 04:06:59 PM

It's much improved now, compared to when it came out.  Fewer bugs, no login queues, and vastly easier to twink and level up your alts because of the Collections and Legacy systems they implemented, which give xp bonuses and other perks and make gear free account-wide (if you spend some cartel coins to unlock it).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #169 on: October 07, 2014, 07:31:10 AM

I finally got a character to level 10 and could there be more types of gear to figure out???  Sheesh.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Depending on your advanced class you'll get gear for the roles within them.  So if you are say a Bounty Hunter you'd get heals and dps gear to choose from for quest rewards.  Also remember to gear out your companion with hand me downs and such if they are better/can use it.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 07, 2014, 08:27:09 AM

Their gear system is pretty straightforward. You just need to learn what item name adjectives are for your class. The stats will be aligned to your class after that. For example, Oberon Professional for Snipers.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #172 on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:40 AM

I did figure it out.  When you first get to Dromund Kaas and see the shops, it's a bit alarming.  I did start passing things along to my companion which is kind of cool.  It would be nice if the comparison tooltip would compare for her, instead of for me, when I have her character chosen.  What can I say?  I'm lazy about that sort of stuff.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 07, 2014, 09:03:01 AM

I did figure it out.  When you first get to Dromund Kaas and see the shops, it's a bit alarming.  I did start passing things along to my companion which is kind of cool.  It would be nice if the comparison tooltip would compare for her, instead of for me, when I have her character chosen.  What can I say?  I'm lazy about that sort of stuff.

You can set the game to that in options somewhere.  When you hover over an item it will pop up with comparisons for you and the companion you have out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 07, 2014, 09:55:43 AM

I didn't know that wasn't the default!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Giving this a whirl for a bit.  
Jump to: