Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  (Read 367027 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #735 on: March 14, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

Yeah I'm sure it's in a novel we never read, like most Blizzard lore now.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #736 on: March 14, 2014, 04:45:40 PM

I'm more or less not looking forward to that.  I mean, you defeated the Prime Evil.  What else could possibly pose any threat to you at all?

I think you are misunderstanding why I'm looking forward to it.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #737 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #738 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:50 PM

Exactly!

schild
Administrator

Reply #739 on: March 14, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

I'm more or less not looking forward to that.  I mean, you defeated the Prime Evil.  What else could possibly pose any threat to you at all?

I think you are misunderstanding why I'm looking forward to it.  why so serious?
I don't know why Soulflame is so angry here.

Yea, you defeated the Prime Evil. So did Sam and Dean Wincester. What was the one thing in the whole series that was more power than everything other than Time?

Death. They bound him and gave him fish and chips, I believe. Good time.

tl;dr: My crusader is going to be named Dean.

Edit: Shit, the whole story is lifted from Supernatural basically. Hell, even Cain is just Sam and Dean's father. Sort've, not Sort've. Hell, even left his journal behind.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:00:41 PM by schild »
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: March 14, 2014, 08:28:21 PM

I overheard one of my coworkers saying "I actually enjoyed the story in Diablo 3" earlier today.

I hid behind my monitor to keep him from seeing me laughing.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: March 15, 2014, 06:08:08 AM

Good idea.  Then he'd think the gales of laughter were because of some cat video.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: March 15, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

Just spent a few hours playing the revised D3.  I could just ignore mana, kill every enemy by with one attack skill, and 99% of the time was at no risk of death so I just stood there motionless obliterating a screen and moving to the next.  And it was fucking glorious.  Just like playing D1 and D2.  Fucking.  Glorious.   

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
schild
Administrator

Reply #743 on: March 15, 2014, 02:59:27 PM

Sounds like normal mode.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: March 15, 2014, 05:05:25 PM

Just spent a few hours playing the revised D3.  I could just ignore mana, kill every enemy by with one attack skill, and 99% of the time was at no risk of death so I just stood there motionless obliterating a screen and moving to the next.  And it was fucking glorious.  Just like playing D1 and D2.  Fucking.  Glorious.   

Yup, I'm retracting my previous negativity now that my wizard has torn through expert, has geared up and jumped into master mode. Having said that, I have a feelings that of all the classes, you could spec a wizard into anything and it would chew through content.

I'm now running all of my 60s through content to gear up. Barb is challenging but good (but I love WW too much I know), witch doctor with blowpipe and dogs/garg is fun and I'm hoping they don't get trashed like they did in the old days, DH I've always wanted to love but seems to be more glass cannon than the wiz and my once ultimate survivalist monk... bottom of the pic list until I actually care enough to fix her.

Kudos to Blizzard for improving the game - get rid of online only and the slightest hint that there is a storyline and I'd be happy.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #745 on: March 15, 2014, 05:54:46 PM

Mathael the former angel of wisdom. Incidentially Tyrael took his place at the end of D3.

If you talk to Tyrael before you fight Diablo you can ask about where he went and he says he thinks he's wandering Pandaemonium (the border of heaven and hell) researching the mysteries of life and death. Looks like he took an interest in the latter.

My guess is he's secretly doing a good thing or thinks he is. Like he's going to find a way to kill the prime evil for good or something.

I also bet money they'll wrap up your followers' stories as well in the expansion. The Scoundrel's brother is in Westmarch, as is the Templar's order, and the Enchantress' mysterious angel patron is prolly Mathael. I kinda wonder if they'll get killed off.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: March 15, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Sounds like normal mode.

Torment 1. But I have pretty decent gear (though I've already replaced about half of it with new drops).  And I wasn't being sarcastic, blowing shit up is what Diablo has always been about for me. That and getting filthy rich enough to blow shit up with gimmicky builds. 

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: March 15, 2014, 06:33:33 PM

Mathael the former angel of wisdom. Incidentially Tyrael took his place at the end of D3.

If you talk to Tyrael before you fight Diablo you can ask about where he went and he says he thinks he's wandering Pandaemonium (the border of heaven and hell) researching the mysteries of life and death. Looks like he took an interest in the latter.

My guess is he's secretly doing a good thing or thinks he is. Like he's going to find a way to kill the prime evil for good or something.

I also bet money they'll wrap up your followers' stories as well in the expansion. The Scoundrel's brother is in Westmarch, as is the Templar's order, and the Enchantress' mysterious angel patron is prolly Mathael. I kinda wonder if they'll get killed off.

I'd say he's been corrupted.  Metzen has a serious lore boner for that.

I'm just looking forward to more of this new sweet gameplay/loot.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:33 PM

Yup, I'm retracting my previous negativity now that my wizard has torn through expert, has geared up and jumped into master mode. Having said that, I have a feelings that of all the classes, you could spec a wizard into anything and it would chew through content.

Wizard soloing Torment-6
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: March 16, 2014, 12:31:08 PM

That's an odd build.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #750 on: March 16, 2014, 12:40:34 PM

an ending cinematic for one of the classes in the expansion got leaked

surprise surprise

schild
Administrator

Reply #751 on: March 16, 2014, 01:25:55 PM

no one cares about the story

nobody
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #752 on: March 16, 2014, 06:01:21 PM

Oh now, Metzen probably cares a little bit. Only a little though.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: March 16, 2014, 11:17:43 PM

I care. About as much as I do for WoW and SC2s storyline.

Of all the recent Blizzard releases I think they really nailed Hearthstone's story.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #754 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:59 PM

Tell me you're saying that because Hearthstone has no story (i have no clue whether it does or doesn't).
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: March 17, 2014, 02:12:49 AM

Yes, that's why he's saying it.

awesome, for real

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: March 17, 2014, 08:59:49 AM

I got a Carnevil to drop last night.  It's a hat which has summoned fetishes fire a poison dart every time the witch doctor fires one.  This, with the skill that summons fetishes randomly while firing poison dart anyways actually increased my damage enough to make Torment 2 not painful, but it got me to thinking.  The hat would rock with the new 2.0 Zunimassa set (which makes fetish army permanent), but while prior to 2.0 maybe 1/4 of my legendary drops were set items, in the two dozen or so legendaries I've looted I've found NO set items.  Is this just shitty RNG luck for me, or something else?

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:04 AM

I don't think I've found one although I may have. If I did, it wasn't usable.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: March 17, 2014, 09:11:48 AM

I have found one set item, part of that set that gives immunity to ground effects.  Just the one though.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: March 17, 2014, 09:14:52 AM

I've found two set patterns, but I don't know if that counts.  They do the same green flashy thing tho.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:34 AM

I got a Carnevil to drop last night.  It's a hat which has summoned fetishes fire a poison dart every time the witch doctor fires one.  This, with the skill that summons fetishes randomly while firing poison dart anyways actually increased my damage enough to make Torment 2 not painful, but it got me to thinking.  The hat would rock with the new 2.0 Zunimassa set (which makes fetish army permanent), but while prior to 2.0 maybe 1/4 of my legendary drops were set items, in the two dozen or so legendaries I've looted I've found NO set items.  Is this just shitty RNG luck for me, or something else?

I think they still don't drop pre-60? If you're leveling a lot of alts that may be why you're not seeing many. I had 3 drop of my 60 barb and 0 on my sub-60 chars since the patch.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #761 on: March 17, 2014, 09:24:56 AM

Since 2.0 I've found 2 set items on the wiz, 2 on the monk and a few set patterns on the barbarian.  It appears to be an average of 1 every 5 legendary drops.

Speaking of drops, I like the 'minimum one drop every quest' system that appears to be in place, but I'm always disappointed when I see a pattern show up as my legendary.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: March 17, 2014, 09:31:22 AM

I was actually disappointed we didn't end up killing Tyrael for some reason at the end. They broke the pattern. Dude on the box is supposed to be the end boss. angry
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #763 on: March 17, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

Re: set items, the pre-60 sets are all crafted. I've seen those recipes drop before 60.

The actual drop sets are all level 60 stuff and won't drop before that.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: March 17, 2014, 11:35:20 AM

Other than an evening to run the barbarian from 45-60, it's all been time on the witch doctor.

Just finished a run from post-Seigebreaker through Diablo on T2.  Two legendaries, both Oculus rings  swamp poop  At least one had strength, which made it useful for the Templar.  I've had trouble getting upgrades for him, since most everything drops with intelligence for the WD.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #765 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:57 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maras-kaleidoscope

I had that drop off Diablo this weekend. It's basically awesome for any poison mobs since it denies the damage and converts it to healing.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: March 17, 2014, 11:49:11 AM

I've got the arcane version of that, it's pretty amazing.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: March 17, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

Tell me you're saying that because Hearthstone has no story (i have no clue whether it does or doesn't).

Correct.

In other news I just got the amulet that negates arcane and heals for the damage. Arcane has always been my pet hate so I'm happy.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #768 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:56 PM

Re: set items, the pre-60 sets are all crafted. I've seen those recipes drop before 60.

The actual drop sets are all level 60 stuff and won't drop before that.

I assumed they meant on their L60 chars.  The patterns I've gotten were all pre-60 sets.. which are pointless with the XP bonus right now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: March 17, 2014, 02:08:04 PM

The Cain's set amplifies that bonus so I found it worth making - I won't care about the mats at all soon enough and it made things go even faster.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  
Jump to: