Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  (Read 367010 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #280 on: September 16, 2013, 07:24:45 AM

So, how about those reaping souls, eh ?

Reap jokes are never funny.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: September 16, 2013, 07:36:40 AM

So, trying to get us back on track:

Quote from:  Travis Day
So first I want to touch on the Serpent's Sparker really quick. The item that people saw screen shots of at Gamescon was not a final version of the item, that item was changed to be "Allows you to have 1 additional Hydra active".

One of the most important things about expansion legendary effects is that, as much as possible, they are designed to change how players interact with the game. That could mean they make a skill you don't currently use something you want to use, you interact with the environment in a different way, you interact with monsters in a different way etc. An example of this is one of the legendaries we added recently gives players a speed boost every time they destroy something (barrels, barriers, etc) suddenly you find yourself wanting to break random crates you may have ignored previously.

Jawbreaker was another example people saw at Gamescon, it makes your Dashing Strike free when you hit a target more than 25 yards away. When people get their hands on the new and improved version of Dashing Strike I suspect they will appreciate how awesome that effect is ;)

There will also be some items that exist just because they are cool. For example The Cow King's Halberd is one that I made just because I wanted to make something that captured a really cool element from D2. It deal's lightning damage (and yes elemental damage types have effects associated with them now) because it's a nod to the Cow King himself and also has a chance to summon a herd of murderous cows to fight with you. That effect isn't really changing any gameplay... but cmon it's just awesome!

There is still a tremendous amount of work from now til the expansion releases and we are still coming up with and implementing awesome ideas on a daily basis. Given the philosophy point I listed above I would love to hear what kind of cool things you guys would like to see. Things that change your gameplay, big or small, and class agnostic things are the best. For example "Knockback skills now deal more damage and knock targets back further". That is an effect that opens up build possibilities for more than one class and gets people thinking about how a single item can change the way you interact with the game or what skills you want to use.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793109384?page=4#75

I like this route, but I still worry about other affixes.  Hopefully I won't get the awesome "This totally changes my character in an awesome way" legendary item with +12345 thorns damage instead of critical chance.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #282 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:30 AM

So, how about those reaping souls, eh ?

Empty promises and design docs from a company unable to produce a compelling sequel to their own game aren't interesting. Reaping of Souls will be interesting once there's more than "Oh we're totally going to do this" and "boy howdy did we learn our lesson" vapeware talk.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: September 16, 2013, 08:58:24 AM

Well, sure, but Civ5 talk is pretty much like watching Cabbages grow.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #284 on: September 16, 2013, 08:59:13 AM

Which is still a better game than Diablo 3.

why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:58 AM

awesome, for real

Fair enough.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #286 on: September 16, 2013, 11:57:44 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: September 16, 2013, 12:26:23 PM

This forum needs a 'like' button for posts.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: September 16, 2013, 12:33:02 PM

This forum needs a 'like' button for posts.

It already does, it's this thing:  Love Letters
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #289 on: September 16, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

I prefer the delusion that my non sequiturs are enjoyed to the soul-crushing reality of a "karma" score.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #290 on: September 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM

Yes, that.  Let me have my illusion that everyone chuckles at all my silly shit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: September 16, 2013, 02:33:49 PM

Yeah, in all seriousness, let's not add this feature.   Also, fuck reddit.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: September 16, 2013, 02:51:52 PM

Yes, that.  Let me have my illusion that everyone chuckles at all my silly shit.

The timing of this one was perfect.  If you can make the guy you're ripping laugh, it's not bad at all.

(and Yes, I've lost count of the Merusk replies I'm getting recently.  It's like when Ghost stalked me for a while, disagreeing with everything I said, mostly because I have perfect teeth.)

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #293 on: September 16, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

The timing of this one was perfect.  If you can make the guy you're ripping laugh, it's not bad at all.

(and Yes, I've lost count of the Merusk replies I'm getting recently.  It's like when Ghost stalked me for a while, disagreeing with everything I said, mostly because I have perfect teeth.)

I thought it was because you were Irish?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #294 on: September 16, 2013, 06:40:52 PM

I think it's just because you and I are the only ones checking at certain times.  Which is sad for us both.

That said, Take very little I do here seriously and less with any tone of malice or disagreement.  You're one of the few I can count on to get the joke or at least play unknowing straight man. I assume most just take me for a straight-up asshole.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: September 17, 2013, 03:01:26 AM

Yes, that.  Let me have my illusion that everyone chuckles at all my silly shit.

The timing of this one was perfect.  If you can make the guy you're ripping laugh, it's not bad at all.

(and Yes, I've lost count of the Merusk replies I'm getting recently.  It's like when Ghost stalked me for a while, disagreeing with everything I said, mostly because I have perfect teeth.)

I thought it was because you were Irish?

Could be because I don't like Honeycrisps.  Who the fuck knows.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:36 AM

I think it's just because you and I are the only ones checking at certain times.  Which is sad for us both.

That said, Take very little I do here seriously and less with any tone of malice or disagreement.  You're one of the few I can count on to get the joke or at least play unknowing straight man. I assume most just take me for a straight-up asshole.

Probably and don't worry, I don't.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: September 17, 2013, 12:26:23 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

Diablo III Auction House Update
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:28:12 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: September 17, 2013, 01:51:57 PM

That's just awesome! Now they have no reason at all to make us log in to battle.net to play unless we want to play multi-user. It's nice to know that once they get rid of the original team and all the egos that they can see the obvious.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #299 on: September 17, 2013, 01:57:20 PM

Am I hallucinating? Did I just read what I think I did?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: September 17, 2013, 02:09:46 PM

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: September 17, 2013, 02:11:23 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

Diablo III Auction House Update

Holy shit!

Of course, the cynic in me says that Blizz has finally reached the tipping point where the profit from the AH's is worth less than the bad press.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #302 on: September 17, 2013, 02:13:21 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #303 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:18 PM

I mean fuck, there's a whole forum for this. Moving the thread.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: September 17, 2013, 06:13:09 PM

I thought we played Diablo 3 for the story.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: September 18, 2013, 12:49:09 AM

Metzen =/= story unless story=piling steam of shit (with horns and boobs)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #306 on: September 18, 2013, 05:21:17 AM

Metzen =/= story unless story=piling steam of shit (with horns and boobs)
I literally laughed out loud when evilLeah transformed into FemmeDiablo in that cutscene and sashayed into heaven.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #307 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:30 AM

Yes that was a pivotal moment of eyerolling glory.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: September 18, 2013, 08:23:46 AM

The whole thing was a fucking joke.  Just turns out not to be very funny after you realised it wasn't skippable.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #309 on: September 18, 2013, 08:39:26 AM

Didn't FemmeDiablo literally have high-heels and plate boobs? I'm wondering if the social justice warrior brigade ever thought about the combination of all evils being a woman or whatever.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #310 on: September 18, 2013, 08:59:14 AM

It's fine because this is medieval fantasy.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: September 18, 2013, 09:00:27 AM

Take a look at Kerrigan in the cutscenes.  She literally has mutated Zerg High Heel Boots on.  It's very, very fucking weird.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #312 on: September 18, 2013, 09:45:57 AM

It's fine because this is medieval fantasy.
the more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

The combination of all known evils is a female Diablo with an hour-glass figure, demon-chitin/plate/whatever boobs, and natural high-heels.

And all she does the entire last act is talk to you. Incessantly. She literally nags you.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #313 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:41 AM

It's almost as if he's never spent time with an actual woman...

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #314 on: September 18, 2013, 09:58:21 AM

Or they're projecting their SOs.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  
Jump to: